Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Omega Force. That said I wouldn't be surprised if queen form Midna is DLC or in a sequel though.

If Team Ninja's name is anywhere on any product, I expect every single female character possible to be fashioned somewhere into the game for them to exploit somehow. :colbert:

(I'm aware this is primarily developed by Omega-Force)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Emalde posted:

How to play Midna: A Primer.

Thanks for this. I was pretty excited about Midna but she felt weird and clunky to me so I haven't been using her much. Will hopefully put this info to good use.

I found out earlier that Ghirahim can chain either of the first two presses of his X finishers into the next Y attack that would have come if he had done a regular Y combo. This makes him not as poo poo at hitting boss weak points as he might initially appear. Can all characters with XXX finshers do this, or is this a Ghirahim thing only?

Also if you're going for a non-boss weak point and don't have bombs ready, try using a YX combo. This usually knocks the target up into the air, allowing for more hits before they can recover from their weak point state. The usefulness will vary from character to character, and Ghirahim in particular is very good for this.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
It's games like this that make me wish there were a fast, easy way to legally download soundtracks - and even pay money for them :aaa:

It sucks that I can't just go on iTunes and type in 'Hyrule Warriors' and get the whole OST in one shot. Why you gotta make it so hard, Nintendo?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

This is what I have for the OP so far:

quote:

[logo here]
Hyrule Warriors is a Legend of Zelda spin-off game for the Wii U that was released on the 19th of September 2014, the 20th of September 2014, the 26th of September 2014 and the 14th of August 2014 in Europe, Australia, North America and Japan respectively. It combines the action of Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series with the world of The Legend of Zelda, and is being developed by Nintendo and Koei Tecmo.

I like Zelda, should I play this game?
Maybe. It's not a traditional Zelda game so you'll be disappointed if that's what you were hoping for - It doesn't have any of the dungeon exploring and adventure aspect. But it does let you hack and slash through hordes of enemies with characters from various Zelda games and is a ton of fun. Considering the rather lack-luster library of the Wii U I'd definitely recommend this game for anyone looking for something new to play on it.

Game modes

Legend Mode - More or less the story mode. Unlocks most of the characters

Free Mode - Lets you play Legend Mode levels you've unlocked with any character/weapon you've unlocked, even ones not normally permitted in Legend Mode.

Adventure Mode - Takes the map from the original Legend of Zelda and makes each screen a mission. Missions offer variety of rewards, including new weapons, higher ranks of weapons, new characters and heart pieces. Most of the time the cooler stuff is locked until you reveal the secret on the map tile with the correct item card (item card are rewarded from completing certain missions.) Most of these correspond to the secret locations in the original Zelda, [url=http://i.imgur.com/DCyhFWe.png]so this map should be a good reference for most of them.

Compass - This item will show you where an item can be used by making that area sparkle. (Does not go away until you reveal the secret)
Bomb - Use this on walls.
Candle - Use this on trees.
Ladder - Use this to move across a single space of water.
Power Bracelet - Use this on heavy rocks or tombstones.
Water Bomb - Use this on submerged rocks.
Digging Mitts - Use these on soft earth.
Ice Arrow - Use this on circles of flame.
Raft - Use this on piers to cross to the opposite shore.
Hookshot - Use this on distant targets to pull yourself to them.
Recorder - Use this on a small body of water.
Goddess's Harp - Use it on Goddess Butterflies to make Gossip Stones appear.

Challenge Mode -

Characters & Weapons

Link - I kinda don't need to tell you who this guy is. He comes with a fancy scarf, and fairy named Proxi that speaks on his behalf (haw haw.)
Hylian Sword - Standard fair Link, hack and slash with a lot of spin moves.
Fire Rod - Burn things down! Weapon with a bit of range with it and some really great AOE. (Unlocked in Legend Mode.)
Gauntlets (and flail) - Hit things with a ball and chain and then drop a loving pillar on your foes. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode.)
Master Sword - Same as the Hylian Sword, Unlocked in Adventure Mode, has a special bonus that requires you to first unlock all other weapons.
Great Fairy Sword - (Unlocked in Adventure mode)
Epona - To be Added in the Master Quest DLC

Zelda - The Princess of Hyrule, and kinda a badass one at that.
Rapier - Has "charge orbs" - do a full basic attack combo to get one charge, or use a strong attack outside of a combo to charge all 3. Charge orbs improve your combo moves.
Baton - Most of your attacks can be steered and aimed using the control stick. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

Lana - Original Character, Do Not Steal. She was created for the purpose of the game's story, and sorta fills in the slot of a magic-centric character.
Book of Sorcery -
Deku Spear - Summons Trees and Deku Sprouts and water and poo poo. (Unlocked in Legend mode)
Summoning Gate - (Unlocked in Adventure mode)

Impa -
Giant Blade
Naginata

Shiek -

Darunia - (Unlocked in Legend Mode)

Princess Ruto - (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

Midna - (Unlocked in Legend mode)

Agitha - (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

Fi - (Unlocked in Legend Mode)
Use a strong attack outside of a combo to charge up.

Ganondorf - (Unlocked in Legend Mode)
His bar fills up as you hit poo poo, use a strong attack outside of a combo to unleash it, does more damage if the bar is full.

Zant - (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

Ghiarhim - (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

General Tips
Start off with Legend Mode, as it has the bulk of character unlocks.

Weapons have three factors - Rank, Stars and Slots. Rank goes from 1-3 and determines the base power of the weapon. You need to unlock the higher rank versions of weapons before they'll start dropping. Most rank 2s and all rank 3 weapons are unlocked in Adventure mode. Stars go from 0-5 and give the weapon a straight damage boost. Slots let you put in skills and you can get up to 8.

Costumes
With the exception of Links Trainee uniform, all costumes are currently pre-order bonuses/DLC.
Dark Link - Costume for Link, Bonus for buying DLC season pass
OoT Ganondorf & TP Gandondorf - Bonus for registering game on Club Nintendo.
TP Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with Amazon, to be $$$ DLC later.
SS Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with BestBuy, to be $$$ DLC later.
OoT Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with GameStop, to be $$$ DLC later.

DLC
Playable Volga, Cia and Wizro are slated for a free update in October.

Season Pass - $20 - Gets 4 DLC packs

Master Quest Pack - New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes - "Oct 16th for Europe"
Twilight Princess Pack - New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes - "November in Japan"
Majora's Mask Pack - Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes - "January in Japan"
Ganon Pack - Two new games modes - "February in Japan"

Still need to do a bit more formatting, put a bit more info in for Challenge mode (dont know anything about it), some more character blurb stuff, and more general tips. Planning on having a second post for advanced character stratigies/tips. Thoughts on a thread title? "Hyrule Warriors: Come out and Play" is the only thing I can think of because I am an creative hack.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Do not pursue Ganondorf

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
"Hyrule Warriors: Do You Pursue Cucco?"

Or Do Not Pursue Cucco, whatever

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 29, 2014

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
The new thread needs those tips for playing characters like Midna and Zelda that were mentioned, because the game sure as gently caress doesn't explain them.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Small nitpick: "standard fair Link" should be "standard fare Link," otherwise it looks good.

Maybe a tiny little blurb saying something along the lines of "here are characters you can just go nuts with and here are characters that are mildly complex in how you use them."

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Inverness posted:

The new thread needs those tips for playing characters like Midna and Zelda that were mentioned, because the game sure as gently caress doesn't explain them.
Maybe one post of tips per person, with a link to each in the OP?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I'd say make a mention of Network Links for adventure mode, and a general gameplay FAQ for those unfamiliar with Musou games and how to not end up backed into an unwinnable assault situation. Definitely a section somewhere for the characters like Sheik/Midna/Zelda/etc with overviews on how they're meant to be played.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Cake Attack posted:

Do not pursue Ganondorf

Maybe I'm not far enough in Legend, but Volga seems like the Lu Bu stand-in for the earlier missions? At least styled very similar.

Should the OP/second post mention Wiiu names for Adventure sharing? I added a few folks who'd posted in here earlier, did a few missions (I think?). I'm in there as JawnV6.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Went to a kill 700 guys mission as I need a harp and just :argh:

I killed Link, Impa, Lana, Two Manhandalas and like 10 lizfos and then some and I was still like 50 short, what is with these missions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

Do Not Pursue Cucco

Go with this one, IMO.

That long post reminds me, how do you even access costumes? I'm probably going to be paying for a season pass tomorrow, but I should also unlock my Amazon pre-order ones, one of these days.

e: also, I would just note that the OP will updated as we develop further info.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bicyclops posted:

Go with this one, IMO.

That long post reminds me, how do you even access costumes? I'm probably going to be paying for a season pass tomorrow, but I should also unlock my Amazon pre-order ones, one of these days.

I think it's a button on character select, I run around with OoT link half the time :v:

Leaping Mutton
Feb 27, 2010

What could go wrong?

Oxyclean posted:

This is what I have for the OP so far

You can actually unlock some costumes in game. When you complete an illustration you unlock a "Rewards map" in adventure mode. There are 5 missions; one for each illustration. I've only umlocked and beat one so far, but it unlocked a Zora tunic for link.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

quote:

Gauntlets (and flail) - Hit things with a ball and chain and then drop a loving pillar on your foes and flip the entire loving world around. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode.)
Master Sword - Same as the Hylian Sword, Unlocked in AdventureLegend Mode, has a special bonus that requires you to first unlock all other weapons.
Great Fairy Sword (I haven't gotten it yet but I think it's literally the Great Fairy, not the sword - (Unlocked in Adventure mode)

Lana - Original Character, Do Not Steal. She was created for the purpose of the game's story, and sorta fills in the slot of a magic-centric character.
Book of Sorcery - creates walls and boxes. Use a strong attack out of a combo to leap forward, if she hits one of the walls/boxes she created with that leap she blows it up for massive AoE damage.

Sheik - Each combo finisher prepares a different song, press strong attack out of a combo to play that song and give her some kind of buff. Water creates a shield that blocks everything, Fire creates a trap in front of her that explodes after a bit, Song of Storms gives her a thunder shield that juggles enemies around her, Nocturne of Shadow creates a black hole that sucks enemies in, (I haven't tried the last one yet)

Ganondorf - (Unlocked in Legend Mode)
His bar fills up as you use combo finishers, and you can hold the button to keep charging the bar, use a strong attack outside of a combo to unleash it, does more damage if the bar is full.

Other than those looks good to me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Leaping Mutton posted:

Zora tunic for link.

I want this. I need enough free time to earn this from the game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My intention is to have more detailed character tips in a second post.

JawnV6 posted:

Should the OP/second post mention Wiiu names for Adventure sharing? I added a few folks who'd posted in here earlier, did a few missions (I think?). I'm in there as JawnV6.

Usually people do that in PGS but I suppose I can put that stuff in the second or third post.

Emalde posted:

and a general gameplay FAQ for those unfamiliar with Musou games and how to not end up backed into an unwinnable assault situation.

I'm not entirely familiar with what should go there - I know about stuff like the healing circle and "In Danger" and "In need of Immediate Aid"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Actually, how does Adventure Mode sharing work?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Wow, has anybody mentioned how much of a blazing ownager Fi is? I just played her for the first time and holy crap just wind her up and watch her go. :stare:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Inverness posted:

Actually it does.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
A lot of the Musou strategies tend to teach themselves in just a few failures. I've never played a game like this before but it hasn't taken me long to learn that it's not going to be possible to do everything the screen tells me to do and I have to learn to prioritize or I'm going to fail the mission.

THE loving MOON posted:

Wow, has anybody mentioned how much of a blazing ownager Fi is? I just played her for the first time and holy crap just wind her up and watch her go. :stare:

She's very good at handling bombchus because she can chip away at them without breaking her stride (skate?)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Went to a kill 700 guys mission as I need a harp and just :argh:

I killed Link, Impa, Lana, Two Manhandalas and like 10 lizfos and then some and I was still like 50 short, what is with these missions.

Ignore bosses. Focus only on cannon fodder. Run away if a manhandla or the like start pursuing you

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

THE loving MOON posted:

Her hitstun is pretty bad though so I don't find her super effective at defeating other generals, and her weak point smash is pretty crappy for single targets who often just go flying out of it. Mows down hordes pretty well though!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm starting to do adventure mode. That Lana quiz is pretty dumb. "Defeat the enemy wielding the axe!", and both enemies are wielding the same-looking sword... Plus the first time I did it the final KO didn't count (even though it was the correct enemy), so I had to do it again to get the A.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Emalde posted:

If Team Ninja's name is anywhere on any product, I expect every single female character possible to be fashioned somewhere into the game for them to exploit somehow. :colbert:

(I'm aware this is primarily developed by Omega-Force)

Team Ninja explicitly only helped with combat design.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm starting to do adventure mode. That Lana quiz is pretty dumb. "Defeat the enemy wielding the axe!", and both enemies are wielding the same-looking sword... Plus the first time I did it the final KO didn't count (even though it was the correct enemy), so I had to do it again to get the A.

One of those enemies throws an axe at you though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

OP take two

quote:

Hyrule Warriors is a Legend of Zelda spin-off game for the Wii U that was released on the 19th of September 2014, the 20th of September 2014, the 26th of September 2014 and the 14th of August 2014 in Europe, Australia, North America and Japan respectively. It combines the action of Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series with the world of The Legend of Zelda, and is being developed by Nintendo and Koei Tecmo.

I like Zelda, should I play this game?
Maybe. It's not a traditional Zelda game so you'll be disappointed if that's what you were hoping for - It doesn't have any of the dungeon exploring and adventure aspect. But it does let you hack and slash through hordes of enemies with characters from various Zelda games and is a ton of fun. Considering the rather lack-luster library of the Wii U I'd definitely recommend this game for anyone looking for something new to play on it.

Game modes
  • Legend Mode - More or less the story mode. Unlocks most of the characters

• Free Mode - Lets you play Legend Mode levels you've unlocked with any character/weapon you've unlocked, even ones not normally permitted in Legend Mode.

• Adventure Mode - Takes the map from the original Legend of Zelda and makes each screen a mission. Missions offer variety of rewards, including new weapons, higher ranks of weapons, new characters and heart pieces. Most of the time the cooler stuff is locked until you reveal the secret on the map tile with the correct item card (item card are rewarded from completing certain missions.) Most of these correspond to the secret locations in the original Zelda, [url=http://i.imgur.com/DCyhFWe.png]so this map should be a good reference for most of them.

Compass - This item will show you where an item can be used by making that area sparkle. (Does not go away until you reveal the secret)
    Bomb - Use this on walls.
    Candle - Use this on trees.
    Ladder - Use this to move across a single space of water.
    Power Bracelet - Use this on heavy rocks or tombstones.
    Water Bomb - Use this on submerged rocks.
    Digging Mitts - Use these on soft earth.
    Ice Arrow - Use this on circles of flame.
    Raft - Use this on piers to cross to the opposite shore.
    Hookshot - Use this on distant targets to pull yourself to them.
    Recorder - Use this on a small body of water.
    Goddess's Harp - Use it on Goddess Butterflies to make Gossip Stones appear.

• Challenge Mode -

Basic Gameplay stuff
You have light attacks, and strong attacks, the buttons will differ depending on if you selected Zelda or Warriors control scheme.
Combos typically a string of basic attacks followed by a strong attack.

Outside of the odd adventure mode map, every level has keeps and outposts that you can take control of. Keeps are captured by killing dudes in the keep till the bar goes down, at which point you need to kill the keep guardian. Outposts can be taken by killing the outpost guard. Both Outposts and Keeps spawn dudes for you.

If friendly captains or characters get low enough health to trigger their "in danger" state - they will get a green circle around them, just run into and it will heal them up.

Every big enemy and boss has a "weak point" - for big dudes and enemy heroes, you just need to wait for them to use a certain move to open up the weak point (a circle will show above their head,) smash them till it breaks (may take multiple weak point reveals) and you'll do a move that does extra damage. Bosses generally need to be hit with a item at the right time to reveal the weak point, and you pretty much need to use the weak point if you want to do any damage.

Characters & Weapons
  • Link - I kinda don't need to tell you who this guy is. He comes with a fancy scarf, and fairy named Proxi that speaks on his behalf (haw haw.)
    Hylian Sword - Standard fare Link, hack and slash with a lot of spin moves.
    Fire Rod - Burn things down! Weapon with a bit of range with it and some really great AOE. (Unlocked in Legend Mode.)
    Gauntlets (and flail) - Hit things with a ball and chain and then drop a loving pillar on your foes. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode.)
    Master Sword - Same as the Hylian Sword, has a special bonus that requires you to first unlock all other weapons. (Unlocked in Legend Mode.)
    Great Fairy - (Unlocked in Adventure mode)
    Epona - To be Added in the Master Quest DLC

• Zelda - The Princess of Hyrule, and kinda a badass one at that.
    Rapier - Has "charge orbs" - do a full basic attack combo to get one charge, or use a strong attack outside of a combo to charge all 3. Charge orbs improve your combo moves.
    Baton - Most of your attacks can be steered and aimed using the control stick. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Lana - Original Character, Do Not Steal. She was created for the purpose of the game's story, and sorta fills in the slot of a magic-centric character.
    Book of Sorcery - Creates walls and boxes. Use a strong attack out of a combo to leap forward, if she hits one of the walls/boxes she created with that leap she blows it up for massive AoE damage.
    Deku Spear - Summons Trees and Deku Sprouts and water and poo poo. (Unlocked in Adventure mode)
    Summoning Gate - (Unlocked in Adventure mode)

• Impa -
    Giant Blade -
    Naginata - (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Shiek - Each combo finisher prepares a different song, press strong attack out of a combo to play that song and give her some kind of buff. Water creates a shield that blocks everything, Fire creates a trap in front of her that explodes after a bit, Song of Storms gives her a thunder shield that juggles enemies around her, Nocturne of Shadow creates a black hole that sucks enemies in

• Darunia - Goron Dude from OoT, Smashes poo poo with a hammer and rocks out to Saria's song like nobody's buisness. (Unlocked in Legend Mode)

• Princess Ruto - Understudy for a button weight from OoT . (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Midna - From Twilight Princess. Grab dudes with your strong attack outside of a combo to charge up your bar to do more damage. (Unlocked in Legend mode)

• Agitha - That bug girl from Twilight Princess. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Fi - From Skyward Sword, use strong attack outside of a combo to charge up so you can do more damage. Very mobile attack style. (Unlocked in Legend Mode)
    Use a strong attack outside of a combo to charge up.

• Ganondorf - (Unlocked in Legend Mode)
    His bar fills up as you use combo finishers, and you can hold the button to keep charging the bar, use a strong attack outside of a combo to unleash it, does more damage if the bar is full.

• Zant - From Twilight Princes (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)

• Ghiarhim - From Skyward Sword. (Unlocked in Adventure Mode)
General Tips
  • Start off with Legend Mode, as it has the bulk of character unlocks.

• Weapons have three factors - Rank, Stars and Slots. Rank goes from 1-3 and determines the base power of the weapon. You need to unlock the higher rank versions of weapons before they'll start dropping. Most rank 2s and all rank 3 weapons are unlocked in Adventure mode. Stars go from 0-5 and give the weapon a straight damage boost. Slots let you put in skills and you can get up to 8.

• This is a Zelda Game, don't gently caress with cuccos. If you piss them off they'll spawn in hordes, with each cucco you kill splitting into more cuccos until a gold cucco spawns. It has a lot of health and doesn't drop anything.

• Pay attention to the map and warnings. There's a few levels of warning, usually if you see the red jagged text around a speech bubble or "in need of immediate aid" poo poo is about to go real bad.

• You can press and hold the dash button to immediately start running.

• Full A rank in Adventure mode typically requires 1200 Kills, Under 15 Minutes, and less then <?> damage taken.

• On levels with multiple skultulla, you'll need to do the mission twice to get both.

• If you're having a hard time with a specific character mission, get more badges, level them up in the bazaar or try to get a higher rank weapon.

Costumes
Most costumes are currently pre-order bonuses/DLC.
  • Dark Link - Costume for Link, Bonus for buying DLC season pass
  • OoT Ganondorf & TP Gandondorf - Bonus for registering game on Club Nintendo.
  • TP Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with Amazon, to be $$$ DLC later.
  • SS Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with BestBuy, to be $$$ DLC later.
  • OoT Link & Zelda - Bonus for Pre-ordering with GameStop, to be $$$ DLC later.
  • Blue/Zora Tunic Link -
  • Red/Goron Tunic Link -

DLC
Playable Volga, Cia and Wizro are slated for a free update in October.

Season Pass - $20 - Gets 4 DLC packs
  • Master Quest Pack - New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes - "Oct 16th for Europe"
  • Twilight Princess Pack - New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes - "November in Japan"
  • Majora's Mask Pack - Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes - "January in Japan"
  • Ganon Pack - Two new games modes - "February in Japan"

Just about ready to post, will have a second post for specific/advanced character stratiges.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

wait theres a zora/goron tunic link?!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

OP take two

Just about ready to post, will have a second post for specific/advanced character stratiges.

Might want to fix the tag here before you post.

quote:

Most of these correspond to the secret locations in the original Zelda, [url=http://i.imgur.com/DCyhFWe.png]so this map should be a good reference for most of them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Aw poo poo I've been so busy I missed this coming out. Guess its too late for those pre-order bonuses :doh:

At least it sounds like I can buy them as DLC. Any hint on when or how much they'll end up costing?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DrPaper posted:

wait theres a zora/goron tunic link?!

I thought I read somewhere about it, I think it's a reward from doing the missions you unlock from collecting all skulltula. Need to confirm before I post now.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Zelda's tier 3 baton mission is my new worst mission I've ever done. It's hard to make me feel as weak as I feel when trying to stop an endless swarm of enemies, bombchu's and captains with a tiny stick while the enemies do their outmost to take my keeps.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668508

Thread made. Gonna work on pulling some strategy posts from here into the second post.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

I just finished Wind Waker HD and I had to complain somewhere. I played it on GameCube when it came out and had vague memories of it being my least favorite main title but I couldn't remember why. Until now:

- The camera is so bad.
- The stupid fish telling me the same three worthless things I have to A-button past each of all 49 times I have to talk to him.
- Holy gently caress, the camera randomly wildly swinging around making your direction of travel change is so annoying.
- The wind temple dungeon is terrible. Tedious backtracking, very little cooperation with Makar (though he is so cute mini-Totoro thing), tons of killing the same slightly annoying guys over and over because it keeps making you re-enter rooms you've already been in. Especially coming here directly after the earth temple, which is loving awesome, highlights how bad this one is.
- The decision to make you re-fight four bosses you already beat, beating them in exactly the same way. What the gently caress?
- Sailing is tedious. I wish I'd know to get the swift sail earlier but I didn't find out about it until pretty close to the end.
- Sea combat is not fun. Changing between sail and cannon breaks all flow, especially if you have to then choose between changing the wind or beating to windward for awhile because the boat you're fighting left your cannon range upwind.
- The camera is terrible.

On the other hand:
- Wow it looks loving great.
- Is still a Zelda game.
- Having the map and items and stuff in the gamepad is nice.
- The undead tribal guys are so creepy. They literally gave me goosebumps every time.
- The mirror shield mechanic and the entire earth temple dungeon were fantastic.
- I can't wait for the 2015 title on this hardware.

That's all, thank you.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's pretty much my feelings on WW as well. For as much as I like the graphics and sailing, I think the game itself is severely boring and most of the dungeons are drab-looking garbage. Twilight Princess gets so much flak, often for valid reasons, but the dungeon design is so much better it's barely even comparable.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Holy hell Adventure Mode opens up crazy fast! Both in the amount of levels and in the diffculty in getting an A rank in everything. Especially since you need A ranks to access the best stuff it gets kind of annoying fast (i'm looking at you "Kill X amount of enemies in X minutes missons" in particular since the bosses just waste your time and health.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I somehow won a Hyrule Warriors scarf through Nintendo's twitter sweepstakes. :v:

*Checks ebay*

To sell or not to sell...

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'll give you :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I'll give you twenty.

• Locked thread