Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

PaybackJack posted:

It's always time for TMR grinding. What are you talking about?

I haven't been able to much with these loving purecrysts costing EIGHTY THOUSAND McGUFFINS. gently caress whoever thought that was acceptable. I loving owe it to Ramza to have as many of these support purecrysts ready to go when his enhancements come though. He bothered to show up twice, might as well make the most of him. By my tally my team needs 6 of these things (3 for Ramza, 2 for Cecil, 1 for Refia). A third of the way there! :suicide:

In better news, I got my first Shine today! And perfect timing, since the next two weeks are gonna be TMR city! Gonna throw Hayate and Gaffgarion in the mix too and maybe Olive will break 1k damage.

edit: support purecrysts obtained and 5/7 kefkas got smashed together to make Ram-man a ribbon; can't stop the music, baby!

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I completely gave up on getting any of the purecrysts for this event. I've spent the last two weeks emptying my energy on PRO and ELT runs, and I've literally seen Nepala and Gold Bombs less than 5 times combined. I barely hung in there long enough to get the moogles and that was about it. gently caress this event and its lovely rates.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I saw them for 80k

went lol no

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Putting that thing on bedile would instantly make him a top tier support character.

Tempting.

Give Orlandu's TM to a 2nd Bedile for damage. Equip Staff materia and a Cura staff to a third... fit up two more with whatever and then see what content the Bedile Rangers can clear.

Fenrir posted:

Ugh. I hope I can just crush it with raw damage because I don't know how I'll manage 100+% fire resist on everyone even with my Marie.

Fire mail/shields for non-CoDs, Minfilia TMs for whomever, fire resist rings, and then toss Ifrit on to your healer.

Something like:
Orlandu - flame mail
Minfilia - 3x minfilia TM (or double fire resist accessories, maybe cat hood?)
Refia/Y'shtola - Ifrit
Cecil - flame shield
Olive - Ifrit claw and red/flame/whatever 10% fire resist accessory.

That'd put everyone at 100-120% fire resist after Minfilia's 70% buff. CoD will naturally have over 100% resist after buffs without any gear help too.

In a 4 man challenge squad I'd run a pair of Cids*, Refia, and Minfilia I guess. Especially since I'll have a ribbon soon due to being at 82% and I have something like 6 or 7 Kefkas.

*might drop for Fryevia due to the ice weakness, assuming there are whale Fryevia friends up for it since mine has crap for atk/mag compared to a 950atk Orlandu. Also depends on if friends can just setup fire immune evasion tanks to nullify his damage.... or if you can just explode him immediately with a pair of Cids and some heavy finisher(s).

hamsystem posted:

I'm almost finished with 4 Letters and Arms and a magistral crest for Fryevia. Is it better to go single wield if she's not chaining with anyone?

IIRC, her single weapon build is apparently the best only when you can drop it in a long chain (like DR) so that most/all hits land with the max multiplier.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This game refuses to give me Setzer, but it's given me Noctis, Trance Terra, and today's half pull gave me Chizuru. I consider this a Fair Trade.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Four man for MP+15%? Screw that. C'mon Gumi, you can do better than that. :v:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Shoenin posted:

I saw them for 80k

went lol no

Yeah, I was grinding towards them, but then I just decided that I'd rather overstock on 6* mats instead. I probably should have grabbed another power so I'll be ready when Gilgamesh arrives but 80k is just ridiculous amounts of grinding even with the high bonus level I've got.

I really should try and grab one though, before the event goes away because my bonus level is so high and the event is so easy. I've been fairly lucky with my bomb and nepala encounters as well. After not seeing either for 20 runs, now they're coming about 1 in 5.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

PaybackJack posted:

I really should try and grab one though, before the event goes away because my bonus level is so high and the event is so easy. I've been fairly lucky with my bomb and nepala encounters as well. After not seeing either for 20 runs, now they're coming about 1 in 5.

Lucky. I didn't see either of them for the entire first week :v: I earned that loving support purecryst 800 fish at a time.

edit: this reminds me of the egg event where a bunch of people were like 'lol if u do the event at all you'll get all 800 rainbow eggs' worth of purecrysts' and I got about 500 rainbow eggs total from the whole event, farming the dumb bears when I needed to do it quick, and Invincible Exploration when I had more time :(

Just bad luck I guess.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 4, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm wondering if I should go for red or green purecrysts. It'd be choosing between TriAttack and the Weapon Collector passive basically.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Was able to get Kefka and all three bonuses on my third attempt. The secret was defense and healing with Cecil, Y'shtola, and Marie, a friend Noctis for flasking just enough damage to make five Void Vessels and a limit break get him after a Banishga. The secret to summoning both Carbuncle and Diablos was slapping a Barrage on Lightning.

If one haven't been playing long enough to have the Void Vessel recipe (the only good thing from that event I guess that stratagem is useless.

Just had to gloat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just you wait for next August where we'll get a Global Exclusive event for Void Vessel+ and Gravity Rod+ that'll need 200 demon hearts each.
I'm still hanging on to my Gravity Rod knowing this'll happen the moment I sell it.

Edit: Apparently Lulu sucks because they thought they were being clever and made her strong water spell decrease lightning resistance. Poor black mages will never get their time to shine.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 4, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Edit: Apparently Lulu sucks because they thought they were being clever and made her strong water spell decrease lightning resistance. Poor black mages will never get their time to shine.

Hopefully it's still actually useful. Unlike Flare.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/694v24/electric_tower_survey_results/

Xon can almost double your Holy and Sacred crystal drops on the electric tower. If you plan to hit the Dunes hard this weekend, stock up on the awakening materials now. The upcoming event is a one and done so you can run the dunes all weekend long and not worry about spending NRG on poo poo like farming King Mog currency.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/694v24/electric_tower_survey_results/

Xon can almost double your Holy and Sacred crystal drops on the electric tower. If you plan to hit the Dunes hard this weekend, stock up on the awakening materials now. The upcoming event is a one and done so you can run the dunes all weekend long and not worry about spending NRG on poo poo like farming King Mog currency.

I will personally confirm this. I've been running Electric Tower, and stealing with Xon twice a day for the last week and I've netted almost 20 of each crystal.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Ok, I decided to roll one more daily and my last two tickets to see if Setzer would finally come to me.

Galuf
Snow
Luka

That makes either 8 or 9 off banner 4*s I managed to pull. At least Snow has a good TM.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

PaybackJack posted:

I will personally confirm this. I've been running Electric Tower, and stealing with Xon twice a day for the last week and I've netted almost 20 of each crystal.

Is it one of the levels in particular or just any of them?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Ghostnuke posted:

Pursuit

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ghostnuke posted:

It's great because it counts as an exploration so you can get your daily Exploration quest done off it and only lose 4 NRG, plus it takes all of 1 minute to run and steal off the boss so it's barely a speed bump in your daily whatever you're doing. I'm running with a Locke and a Xon for whatever benefit they may have in addition to being able to steal.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I'm like an entire island away from it still, but I'll get there eventually!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

PaybackJack posted:

It's great because it counts as an exploration so you can get your daily Exploration quest done off it and only lose 4 NRG, plus it takes all of 1 minute to run and steal off the boss so it's barely a speed bump in your daily whatever you're doing. I'm running with a Locke and a Xon for whatever benefit they may have in addition to being able to steal.

If you have them, run with units already at 100% trust mastery. Each one is another chance at another free Sacred crystal.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Does anybody know if there's a reason to save magic keys if you've already got a good supply? I'm doing vault key and exploration cleanup and I'm just throwing magic keys into chests because I've already got 50 of them and maybe in the dark future I'll need Watera Blade or something. That got me curious if BE Japan ever did anything to make them a hotter commodity, like Fat Chocobo's Brother who'll trade you the Excalibur II for 100 Magic Keys or something like that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

Does anybody know if there's a reason to save magic keys if you've already got a good supply? I'm doing vault key and exploration cleanup and I'm just throwing magic keys into chests because I've already got 50 of them and maybe in the dark future I'll need Watera Blade or something. That got me curious if BE Japan ever did anything to make them a hotter commodity, like Fat Chocobo's Brother who'll trade you the Excalibur II for 100 Magic Keys or something like that.

You only get that if you trade in 100 Excalipoors, hope you saved em.

Heh, I'm in the same boat and pretty much open all the silver chests now. Why not.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Doh, my TMR macro ranked up while I was at work. RIP energy and orbs.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Hey ToonMan, thanks to your Marie I was able to pull off a last minute dual esper summon kill on Kefka. Was gonna pass on that robe because I was playing on the skin of my teeth my first kill of Kefka, but your Marie made it real easy to turtle up until I summoned the two espers then had Setzer take him out on the right element at the proper time.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I still want a Marie :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh man now i am tempted to give that another try since literally all you need for a kill is the 5x void vessel turn, but i dont know if i am patient enough to wait on charging up that bar twice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

oh man now i am tempted to give that another try since literally all you need for a kill is the 5x void vessel turn, but i dont know if i am patient enough to wait on charging up that bar twice

Bring something with dual wield Barrage or a Lightning. 8 hits can generate 1-2 orbs per round but you will occasionally get nothing. Plan on a 40-60 min fight.

I'm really impressed with Marie lately, she's been MVP on these end game fights recently and I'm happy to share.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 5, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All set for tomorrow's dragon. She may not help much with the plant, but protectga and shellga should be useful.

Cleared some inactives if any thread lurkers wanna send me and invite, put something goony in your message.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Who do you guys think would be most useful between TGC/Noctis (or Olive) (edit: as a companion unit)?

I thought Cid originally but considering the 4 man mission, maybe Noctis would be better? I have Ribbon and Dragon Killer setup for them.

I also freed up a few slots: 411 249 974 (IGN: okeydoke). Lowbies always welcome.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 5, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

All set for tomorrow's dragon. She may not help much with the plant, but protectga and shellga should be useful.

Cleared some inactives if any thread lurkers wanna send me and invite, put something goony in your message.

Same goes for me, my Marie is almost as good as Cartoon Man's. 100% fire immunity.

634,188,308, got a couple slots left. If it fills up, please let me know in this thread.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Here's my gimmick unit for the event, an 800 atk Randi with +225% dragon killer.

Once the event drops, I'll put an Imperial Helm on him to get to 60 FR, so he''ll break 100 with most buffs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I got the Support Purecryst after Nelapa and 2 bombs spawned back to back. But then Fire Flask didn't land and Ultima Weapon just felt like casually using METEOR for a full party wipe. So for the first time ever I revived with Lapis, reasoning that I can make 100 Lapis back in a day.

I'll be glad not to see grinding events for a bit. Although I personally believe next week will be a Bahamut raid event.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm not opposed to having a break from grinding events, but two weeks is a long break so I hope they add something in next week.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So here's a real kick in the nuts. They took away the fish turn in. I don't think they've ever took away a turn-in on the day an event ended have they?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nuebot posted:

So here's a real kick in the nuts. They took away the fish turn in. I don't think they've ever took away a turn-in on the day an event ended have they?

It's an error, they advertised the claim period until the 11th. I'm sure it will be back up in a bit after they get bombarded with complaints and we'll probably get some compensation out of it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I miss when Maintenance would gently caress up and get us free stuff, even if it was 20 energy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well I threw an 11 roll and 11 tickets at this banner and got nothing good but a sozhe and a snow out of it.

EDIT: I don't even really plan to use the Sozhe TM or anything. I just didn't have one before so it counts as good for me.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 5, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

One dragon down. Party was

Cecil (100% fire resist)
Olive (70%)
Gilgamesh (65%)
Mercedes (45%)
Y'sholta (80%)
Toonman's Marie

With Barfiraga up all the time the dragon couldn't do anything. Mercedes was actually pretty good in this fight. After a Chop she was Barraging for over 100k a turn(dual wielding 2 of her TM Axe). Gilgamesh was kind of useless, I just brought him for extra dps but he was only hitting for around 60k a turn, then I realized I forgot to give him the Coral blade so that would have helped. Anyway, the dragon on it's best turn did about 2k damage so there was never anytime I felt threatened. Should be an easy 4 man job sans Gilgamesh/Mercedes should I be so inclined.

Had more trouble with the plant because I forgot the order and accidentially killed the bulb second. Thankfully it's anger attack didn't kill Olive/Cecil/Marie so I was able to knock out the rest of the limbs with Olive.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

ezpz when everyone has 100%+ fire resist with Barfiraga.

also from earlier http://i.imgur.com/qLdBCv0.jpg :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I've put up my Lightning again, she is able to solo the dragon (presumably, I haven't actually bothered with it yet, but according to Reddit/theoreticals), she'll be kinda slow at it, but it's safe.

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Lad Mirazh +62ATK+Ice Element
Left Hand: Dragon Shield +38DEF+30%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Head: Cat-Ear Hood+25MAG+25SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy
Body: Flame Mail +45DEF+50%Fire-50%Ice
Accessory 1: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion