Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Gavinvin posted:

I've been quietly enjoying the new Yu Gi Oh game. That is when I'm not neck deep in gumballs.

If you're interested in the Yu Gi Oh game its good to make an account just now though, they are giving bucket loads of free currency out whenever they release in a new country and also when they hit download milestones (basically about every 100,000 downloads). Gives you enough to get some nice cards to start with. I also think these rewards back date, not sure how far back, but when I started the game I got like 13 different messages giving me lots of currency.

I mentioned this a while back but the production values are awesome. They got the 4kids voice actors to do the English voices. I've been playing since the English version came out an have almost bought out a card pool/box of cards with all the free swag they are giving out.

Also toon world event just started meaning you get to hear 'Yugi boy~' if you duel Pegasus as Yugi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

EzEight posted:

I mentioned this a while back but the production values are awesome. They got the 4kids voice actors to do the English voices. I've been playing since the English version came out an have almost bought out a card pool/box of cards with all the free swag they are giving out.

Also toon world event just started meaning you get to hear 'Yugi boy~' if you duel Pegasus as Yugi.

Yeah I started playing it because of your post. I refilled my box as I had picked up a few ultra rares and rares from it, but I don't really know if that was the right thing to do or not.

At what deck level do things start to become actually challenging? So far I've only fought as high as lvl 20 but I seem to roll everything easily using Yugi's skill with a fiend / dark deck.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Gavinvin posted:

Yeah I started playing it because of your post. I refilled my box as I had picked up a few ultra rares and rares from it, but I don't really know if that was the right thing to do or not.

At what deck level do things start to become actually challenging? So far I've only fought as high as lvl 20 but I seem to roll everything easily using Yugi's skill with a fiend / dark deck.

The games becomes really challenging after you unlock SETO KAIBA. The opponents you face in the beginning let you win pretty easily but LV30 Kaiba will destroy you, most of his 4* monsters have 1700atk and he will use twister to destroy your field spells.

Its so satisfying when you beat him.

Pretty much LV30 opponents is where deck composition starts to matter.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wait people didn't pick Kaiba from the start?

Dude is batshit insane over a children's card game and has a goddamn VTOL shaped like a dragon.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The child in me made picking Kaiba as my starter impossible, especially after I head the authentic 4kids voice acting.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

EzEight posted:

The child in me made picking Kaiba as my starter impossible, especially after I head the authentic 4kids voice acting.

He's easily the best part of Yugioh. This drat game got me to start watching it again since I'm around 3/4s done with the show and I love Kaibas slow descent into madness over a card game.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned but it looks like realMyst is now available on Android for $7. I don't know whether this is based on the version that Cyan put out a few years ago, but I have to assume it is since that version was made in Unity and would have made for an easier port job than the original realMyst.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

mrkillboy posted:

New Kairosoft: March to a Million, in which you are a music talent manager.
I'm really liking this one, feels a lot like Game Dev with no environment combo wankery. Singers have a kind of inheritance system so you don't have to start from scratch and there's a benefit to retiring folks that reach their plateau. I haven't quite figured out the specialty leveling system, though. Manual says it's how you allocate points when songwriting, but I just go with what seems sensible to the song and sometimes they randomly jump three levels.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I like how duel link is much quicker than the other yugioh game on mobile. While the other one is more faithful to the actual core rules of the game, it doesn't have Dan Green's voice acting.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Duel Link seems cool but without strong nostalgia for the show I'm having trouble sticking with it when I don't feel like I understand how to make a good deck

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Yugioh dl is pretty much like gen 1 of the game, but faster. You want 1 2 sacrifice monster with 2500 or more, and one 1 sacrifice monster with greater than 2100.

For monsters, anything above 1600 with 4 stars or less you can get your hands on, unless it has an effect that boosts it's attack.

Magic, anything that boosts attack.

Traps are the same.

You want at least one despell or twister.

Keep deck between 20- 25 cards, at least over half monsters.

Ignore rituals right now, they are trash.

Keep on grinding card packs and build from that base.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Yeah, some of the default decks the characters come with are absolute garbage. But so are some of the decks of the default NPCs. Seriously, 800 max attack, and you summon it in attack position? When I have a Dark Magician active on the field? Are you trying to lose on purpose?
One thing I do notice is it's a battery vampire.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Level 30 characters will kick rear end if you let them.

I'm at rank 20ish in the game, it's a pretty good time killer at work, auto-duel is nice as well.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Ritual decks require a few key cards from each of the 3 boxes, it incredibly over powered when it does get going.

Pretty much turn 1 Fortress whale+Ritual cage(can't atk ritual monsters period) is as insane as it sound.

4000LP makes a lot of unplayable decks in the normal 8000LP meta actually viable.

I suggest buying out the first box od cards(Blue eyes ultimate dragon one) its got a ton of key cards.

Order to charge
Pot of greed shard
Virtual Kuriboh
and more

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Has anyone gotten a PVP duel in pokemon duel to work?

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
I just started playing Stonehearth on my computer, and may consider Rimworld in the future (although that may be too fiddly for me). I could never get past the graphics and UI of Dwarf Fortress, even if I liked the idea.

Is there anything similar for Android? Even a super simplified version would be cool. Sandbox-y progress will little moving parts and things to upgrade and build, etc. No Clash of Clans grinding raids or super linear progression.

Or is this that mythical Animal Crossing I've seen talked about (but never played)?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Anyone play A Normal Lost Phone? It's a text-heavy narrative puzzle game about finding a phone where the UI is a fake smartphone. You go through all their poo poo to find out what's happened to the phone's owner, and the actual gameplay is just using this fake phone like you'd use a real one. It's pretty short, like two-three hours or so depending on how stuck you get I guess, I just beat it in one sitting and it's really really loving good. I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone who's into clever narrative games about people and their lives.

There's one game specifically it reminded me of a lot of but I feel even saying what would be a thematic spoiler, I went in completely blind and got caught by surprise in couple of spots that are somewhat related to that. So I'm just gonna spoil that right here just in case, the game I'm thinking of is Gone Home, both in the way you uncover what's happened by finding bits and pieces of information that then open up new info, as well as the LGBT themes present.

Anyway it's only $3/3€/£2 and well worth the price IMO.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accidentalqueens.anormallostphone

It's also on PC for the same price but I don't see any reason to play it there.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

EzEight posted:

(Dandy Dungeon) prompts you to open your account in a browser so it depends what account you're logged into your browser I guess.

I logged out of my 'main' account in my browser, logged into my backup, went back to Dandy, tweeted and it still picked the first one. I had to go into Twitter in a browser and manually deactivate the app's access. Hopefully they can tweak that within the app for the four people like me who juggle accounts.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey, I have a troubleshooting question here. So my gf really liked Paperback when we played on my phone, and she promptly got it for herself. Note that before this she had, and regularly plays, all sorts of games, including Carcassonne, Galaxy Trucker, Patchwork, World of Goo, and other things, and doesn't have any problems with those. Suddenly this happens (see attached image). From my experience with PC games, this looks like a sign that the "GPU" (not sure she has one) is dying; I'm asking here in case there are other possible explanations (and perhaps fixes).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dancer posted:

Hey, I have a troubleshooting question here. So my gf really liked Paperback when we played on my phone, and she promptly got it for herself. Note that before this she had, and regularly plays, all sorts of games, including Carcassonne, Galaxy Trucker, Patchwork, World of Goo, and other things, and doesn't have any problems with those. Suddenly this happens (see attached image). From my experience with PC games, this looks like a sign that the "GPU" (not sure she has one) is dying; I'm asking here in case there are other possible explanations (and perhaps fixes).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=170 or inspect your gadgets would be better places probably

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Honestly that looks like all the green has gone missing, and if it's only that game, maybe they've messed up the shaders (the code that renders the pixels). That's a pretty old version of android, right?

There's definitely a GPU in there, but it's used for basically everything, so if it was going bad you'd have problems everywhere (and it would probably look more hosed up)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like Animal Crossing for Mobile got pushed back so it won't make its intended release date by the end of March.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Robot Unicorn Attack 3 has popped up on the Play Store. It's scheduled to be released in Spring so I assume this is a limited soft release.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm not sure if :thejoke: but is the first spell tower in Dandy Dungeons always Trump Tower (Tycoon Tower of NYC), or did I just get lucky with RNG?

If RNG, here's the dungeon: Q13BA91ZD30GVC3NYHA235D9

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 1, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I have been playing Rogue Life a lot lately. Its a nice mashup of a shmup with an rpg with a cute art style and minimal amounts of fan service/ boobs in your face. They throw currency at you constantly, and im yet to hit a spot where I cant play the game because of the energy system.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Has anyone tried the Android port of Rollercoaster tycoon? It has pretty good reviews but ports can kinda be hit or miss and while it's not pricey is not really dirt cheap either.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atari.mobile.rctc

I'm especially wondering if anyone tried this as well as the original back in the day and can compare the two.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Foxhound posted:

Has anyone tried the Android port of Rollercoaster tycoon? It has pretty good reviews but ports can kinda be hit or miss and while it's not pricey is not really dirt cheap either.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atari.mobile.rctc

I'm especially wondering if anyone tried this as well as the original back in the day and can compare the two.

It's a pretty great port, I have a pixel XL and it is pretty much the smallest screen I could imagine playing on.

Controls work well, try it out and you'll know well before your refund period is up whether you will like it or not

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I didn't even know there was a refund policy. Thanks, I'll check it out then I guess!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Foxhound posted:

I didn't even know there was a refund policy. Thanks, I'll check it out then I guess!

I believe you have a two hour window to refund. Just go to the app page in the store and you'll see refund if eligible

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dandy Dungeon tip: turn on your sound. Increases your enjoyment up to 300% imo

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

There are some games that are lazy ports on Android. There are some amazing ones. RCT Classic falls in the latter category. RCT Classic is a very faithful port of the classic PC games. The only microtransactions are for the Wild World and Time Twister expansion scenarios. The toolpack is more to make your own scenarios and probably to bring some more in from the PC, but I have not played with it as I didn't buy it.
It feels like RCT. Just with touch controls. They didn't make it like a mobile game usually is with waiting for stuff and needing to pay real money for items. It is simply rollercoaster tycoon.

I play it on a Nexus 6P. A tablet would probably be able to see a little more, but I don't feel cramped with the touch friendly interface for the most part.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Can I get some recommendations? I'm looking for something similar to pixeldungeon and a tactical game like xcom. Pixel dungeon is too simple for me and I'm not super excited by the perma death, and I cant run Xcom on my current phone, a moto g2.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

You want a roguelike that is more complex than Pixel Dungeon, but doesn't have permadeath? I've got some bad news...

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Well I'll take one that isnt quite so brutal, or at least has some more depth. Pixel dungeon is absolutely bare bones, and you are boned right out of the gate unless some amazing gear drops. I'll take stonesoup and the like.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I play RCT Classic on a Samsung S7 Edge and it runs wonderfully and the screen size is just fine. Fantastic port, probably my favourite game on mobile right now.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I never got deep into it but "Shattered Pixel Dungeon" is supposed to be more forgiving and has a bunch of improvements.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Don't forget Fire Emblem Heroes releases today at some point. Most people seem to think around 5pm EST.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zotix posted:

Don't forget Fire Emblem Heroes releases today at some point. Most people seem to think around 5pm EST.

Any idea of what F2P/IAP trappings it might have?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any idea of what F2P/IAP trappings it might have?

g a c h a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Zotix posted:

In on whatever goon group starts on this. Kinda pumped