Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Paramemetic posted:

Mostly an issue of training and culture I think. Full face respirators also use cartridges and those are hard to get a hold of as well.

It's weird doing medicine in a space mask and you don't want to create unnerving atmospheres for patients.

Also doctors and nurses don't get trained on those things and while it's not rocket surgery and about a billion times easier to check for a seal on them it's still not great to introduce new stuff if you can avoid it. But like my friend in NJ EMS got issued a half face respirator and P100 cartridges and a tyvek suit so it is happening.

thats good, the cartridges should last a long long time and should be able to be baked at 70C or something to kill virus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

isn’t foreclosure specifically for past due mortgages?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rock My Socks! posted:

isn’t foreclosure specifically for past due mortgages?

No HOAs can attach liens on your home and foreclose for violating their rules.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

that's not that much food

Sucking down 4 large sodas would be the hard part.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Landlords can wait for round 2. HoA maniacs must come first.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Went yesterday. The local Lucky's had no toilet paper and only a few single rolls of paper towels. Still no hand sanitizer of any type.

Also no flour!

Our Lucky's closed like a week before the early hoarding started lol, talk about poo poo timing

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/JeffYoung/status/1245101786517639171

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

Mostly an issue of training and culture I think. Full face respirators also use cartridges and those are hard to get a hold of as well.

It's weird doing medicine in a space mask and you don't want to create unnerving atmospheres for patients.

Also doctors and nurses don't get trained on those things and while it's not rocket surgery and about a billion times easier to check for a seal on them it's still not great to introduce new stuff if you can avoid it. But like my friend in NJ EMS got issued a half face respirator and P100 cartridges and a tyvek suit so it is happening.

I have a half face respirator but gently caress if I would be able to wear that thing in public without feeling crazy. Wearing a surgical mask still turns heads in rural Tennessee.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

that's not that much food

It's over 7000 calories by my rough estimation.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

twoday posted:

caption contest

shoulda bought a mypillow

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Is it technically agoraphobia if you just derive no pleasure from leaving the house? If there's booze or free food or even a pool fine but otherwise why would anyone ever go out?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Haze Thank Liberty posted:

1,117 new cases and 75 new deaths in Michigan.

Ohio is a lovely red state with a chud governor, but he made a good call to unilaterally cancel elections and close down most of the state before most others. The diverging numbers compared to neighbor Michigan make it clear.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If I'm asked to do a patient without proper ppe I'm going to tell them nope you can do it. If you wanna fire me, you can call me up in a month after you kill half your staff.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

854k cases worldwide. We're very close to hitting the point where we're adding 100k daily.

1 million by the weekend seems all but certain.

7 days ago on March 24th we had 422k cases worldwide. We have doubled our corona cases in only a week.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

854k cases worldwide. We're very close to hitting the point where we're adding 100k daily.

1 million by the weekend seems all but certain.

I told someone last week when the US hit 100k that we would hit 200k in less than a week and they couldn't comprehend.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Burn Zone posted:

I have a half face respirator but gently caress if I would be able to wear that thing in public without feeling crazy. Wearing a surgical mask still turns heads in rural Tennessee.

i have a p100 mask i've used for sanding a couple of times and i'm gonna wear that to the grocery store in a couple of weeks, gently caress what anyone thinks, and i bet attitudes will have changed by then anyway

the only downside is i'm gonna have to shave my beard, but supposedly they grow back

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
:thunk:

US alcohol consumption surges; companies revamp operations

https://apnews.com/c407ecb931c6c528b4cceb0ecc216f0c

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
good news everyone!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1245102868656525312
oh wait that's not good news at all

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Burn Zone posted:

I told someone last week when the US hit 100k that we would hit 200k in less than a week and they couldn't comprehend.

Exponentials aren't intuitive at all

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Apraxin posted:

good news everyone!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1245102868656525312
oh wait that's not good news at all

15 cases, will go to zero soon!!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

oh u better believe that's a :thermidor:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The means testing on this stimulus package gets weirder and weirder

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
trumps presser has a grim tone today

following guidelines “life or death”

very painful 2 weeks ahead

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Doesn't have a filter cartridge, but you can get a jump on being a Stalker with this Polish military surplus gasmask:

https://www.sciplus.com/polish-military-gas-masks-65073-p

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Phi230 posted:

No HOAs can attach liens on your home and foreclose for violating their rules.

in illinois both hoas and condo associations can just straight evict and rent your property out to recoup what they spent on lawyers, its amazing

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Jonny 290 posted:

https://raspberryhigh.fandom.com/wiki/Raspberryhigh_Wiki

i made a positive pressure 100% safe vaporizer as a joke yospos project years ago out of a raspberry pi and an old mac g4 cube and an ATX power supply. you could go into the yospos IRC channel and remotely turn it on and force me to smoke weed

:bravo:

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

I was telling everyone that the USA would be lucky if we get out of this with under two million dead. It's not a hard figure to come by; estimates were that half the US population will get it, multiply that by the CFR. Judging by the fact that no one I told this to returned to America, I'm pretty sure they listened. I'm gonna make focaccia now

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dustcat posted:

the only downside is i'm gonna have to shave my beard, but supposedly they grow back

I wouldn’t risk it

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

so 100-200k is a conservative estimate (doing all the proper things) of the conservative estimate (2.2 million to 7 million doing nothing)

very cool and good

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

KaptainKrunk posted:

so 100-200k is a conservative estimate (doing all the proper things) of the conservative estimate (2.2 million to 7 million doing nothing)

very cool and good

honestly looking at the curves in cases pretty much everywhere, i think we might see deaths in the hundreds of thousands and not millions in the US now. im not gonna make any Absolute Predictions though.

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trump saying the next two weeks will "be very, very tough"

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
100 - 240,000 deaths

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/CCLSVN/status/1245049745506054144

Led by Dan Kottlowksi, AccuWeather's top hurricane expert, meteorologists this week released a 2020 Atlantic hurricane forecast. Kottlowksi's team is calling for 14-18 tropical storms during this upcoming season, which runs from June 1 through Nov. 30. Of those storms, seven to nine are forecast to become hurricanes, and two to four are predicted to strengthen into major hurricanes.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Vim Fuego posted:

The means testing on this stimulus package gets weirder and weirder

lol nice one

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Man Musk posted:

Led by Dan Kottlowksi, AccuWeather's top hurricane expert, meteorologists this week released a 2020 Atlantic hurricane forecast. Kottlowksi's team is calling for 14-18 tropical storms during this upcoming season, which runs from June 1 through Nov. 30. Of those storms, seven to nine are forecast to become hurricanes, and two to four are predicted to strengthen into major hurricanes.

We're still a bit before the spring barrier where seasonal hurricane forecasts drastically improve in skill but lol if these early signals hold let's go 2017 again.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Man Musk posted:

category 5 in miami let's do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SKULL.GIF posted:

Trump saying the next two weeks will "be very, very tough"

then we reopen for Easter