Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Blockade posted:

lol poo poo

dont panic yet, next week they're gonna start asking for unlicensed healthcare workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

shovelbum posted:

so are homemade masks actually useless or not, like I fail to see how using a rag to tie a hepa filter to your face or whatever is doing nothing at all

they're better than nothing when you're going to get groceries, but they're useless for hospital employees treating covid patients

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Fellatio del Toro posted:

dont panic yet, next week they're gonna start asking for unlicensed healthcare workers

My time to shine

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

twoday posted:

caption contest

the WHO warned him

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Vasukhani posted:

too late to get your hands on anything tbh

oh yeah I know

sorry I wasn't clear, but I'm not asking for like pricing and availability

I'm interested in knowing like terminology I can use in search, model names vendors who make them, distributors I can keep an eye on, etc

I imagine at some point I will be buying these masks, so I just want to get ball rolling on sourcing them

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Blockade posted:

lol poo poo

tapping into that big pool of licensed healthcare workers who aren't currently employed in the medical field, smart

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

the WHO warned him

This is also really good

I will do the text tomorrow in any case so there is time to decide

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/associatesmind/status/1244957130848952322

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Fellatio del Toro posted:

when do they ask for former boots to kick in doors to find and arrest the terrorist Covid?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
me when amc reopens

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hillary 2020 posted:

@cumshitter should I buy into this?

no only buy stock, stock is the only thing with real value

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

:yeshaha:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

HOA people don't deserve the guillotine, it's far more humane than this poo poo.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

"through observing your activities"

who the hell would ever want to deal with an HOA

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

so much fake news about this virus. China is cured completely!

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

lmao

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

really hope that HOA note is fake

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i just got the last thing of yeast at the grocery store :/

there's plenty of meat because they're rationing limiting it to one per customer due to a temporary period of high demand

no black beans in sight.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

The Alpha Centauri posted:

white people who want everyone to have a nice yard lmao

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Burn Zone posted:

white people who want everyone to have a nice yard lmao

"Muh property value!" screamed the person selling a home that nobody can buy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1244743199496732674?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hatred of HOAs brings communists and libertarians together

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Alpha Centauri posted:

people who can buy a house but can't live without a landlord

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/NC5/status/1245098977298714629

just a good normal functioning health system!

quote:

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WTVF) — The Williamson Medical Center in Franklin will be placing 200 employees on temporary furlough leave amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

The hospital said it has had a significant economic impact from the pandemic. WMC said the cancellation of elective procedures and system-wide protection guidelines which has reduced its number of patient visits, treatment and procedures caused a decrease in its revenue.

"This was a very difficult decision to make. I appreciate the tremendous sacrifices our staff is making in this time of uncertainty," said Donald Webb, Williamson Medical Center CEO. "Given these extraordinary circumstances, we are taking the necessary actions to ensure long term viability of the health system for our staff and the communities we serve."

Impacted employees will be placed on leave starting April 1. WMC said it intends to reinstate furloughed employees as soon as they are able

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1245022604265762818

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dustcat posted:

they're better than nothing when you're going to get groceries, but they're useless for hospital employees treating covid patients

are full face industrial or military respirators useless? is the resistance to these bc theres rules against reusable stuff even tho ppl are reusing disposables commonly now?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

shovelbum posted:

so are homemade masks actually useless or not, like I fail to see how using a rag to tie a hepa filter to your face or whatever is doing nothing at all

indications are that they aren't anywhere near the quality of an N95 respirator and probably aren't as effective as a surgical mask. the big concern with them is people might use them as an excuse to stop social distancing and touch their face to adjust it all the time which might negate any benefit they give from filtering air. they do seem to cut transmission from the person wearing the mask.

so, likely a marginal impact on transmission but we need every little bit we can get right now.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this is an ad

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

gradenko_2000 posted:

Does anyone want to effortpost on the differences between the different kinds of tests for COVID-19? I keep hearing about how some tests are "rapid" and some aren't, how some tests are only "antibody" tests which are not accurate, how some tests take days but others take mere hours, and so on?

I would be rly curious about this too

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjzjhl-QztE

We met as patients
On parris island

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

wow! cuomo sucks!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

did my weekly grocery run at 1pm today to see how the supply lines are holding up, store had pasta and for the first time in weeks, TP beyond the first hour of being open. Panic buying seems to have ebbed

Went yesterday. The local Lucky's had no toilet paper and only a few single rolls of paper towels. Still no hand sanitizer of any type.

Also no flour!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

pro picture selection

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol hahaha

everyone gets sick at boot camp, it's a perfect incubator

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

that's not that much food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

shovelbum posted:

are full face industrial or military respirators useless? is the resistance to these bc theres rules against reusable stuff even tho ppl are reusing disposables commonly now?

Mostly an issue of training and culture I think. Full face respirators also use cartridges and those are hard to get a hold of as well.

It's weird doing medicine in a space mask and you don't want to create unnerving atmospheres for patients.

Also doctors and nurses don't get trained on those things and while it's not rocket surgery and about a billion times easier to check for a seal on them it's still not great to introduce new stuff if you can avoid it. But like my friend in NJ EMS got issued a half face respirator and P100 cartridges and a tyvek suit so it is happening.