Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

I've bought new shoes!

I hope they'll fit :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

canis minor posted:

I've bought new shoes!

What kind of shoes are those?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Etrips posted:

Rock climbing shoes you noob

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Duh! why didn't you know that you fr**kin n00b?!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Etrips posted:

Piece of poo poo shors :smug:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I bought a bunch of poo poo today

Rite in the Rain memo notebook

Herschel supply front pocket wallet

P38 can opener

Not pictured: a keyring, an extension cord and a battery powered LED closet light.

I also ordered one of these:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

P38 can opener

I swear by these. In fact, I would rather use one of these than a regular can opener many times. (I buy lovely can openers)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Slimy Hog posted:

I swear by these. In fact, I would rather use one of these than a regular can opener many times. (I buy lovely can openers)

They work but they're really exceedingly lovely can openers overall.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

canis minor posted:

I've bought new shoes!

I've never been able to buy climbing shoes online, they are all designed to fit so uncomfortably (even when they fit proper) that I'll only ever buy in person. Good luck!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Not for me, not yet anyway.

Stopgap headphones.

Edit: now with 100% less image leeching, I guess.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Aug 16, 2015

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I bought a bunch of poo poo today

Rite in the Rain memo notebook

do you often stand int he rain writing notes?

also, how do you swear by a bottle opener. how many times a day do you open bottles. are you a bar keep and have developed RSI by inproper bottle opener designs? jfc

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lascivious Sloth posted:

do you often stand int he rain writing notes?

also, how do you swear by a bottle opener. how many times a day do you open bottles. are you a bar keep and have developed RSI by inproper bottle opener designs? jfc

*can

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have never had a P38 NOT bend out of shape instead of pierce the can and open it.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I've never been able to buy climbing shoes online, they are all designed to fit so uncomfortably (even when they fit proper) that I'll only ever buy in person. Good luck!

I was super anxious as well, especially as it is the first time I'm buying La Sportivas (and sizing charts didn't instill my confidence by saying to order 3 sizes smaller, whereas official site said - we don't really know what size you should wear, everybody's different, but order 2 sizes smaller than other companies lol), but figured that with 20% off and £5 off on top of that I might take a risk. If they don't fit I can always send them back. Still - most expensive shoes I own (in the end - £76)

I've also preordered this:

Volume 1 is gimmicky, but not as gimmicky as Only Revolutions (plot wise though is disappointing so far, so I don't know if I'm going to shell out on further volumes atm)

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I finally got my motorcycle license after wanting one since I was like 15 (I'm almost 30) and I think I've hit full-blown midlife crisis mode.

I like the color brown a lot.

be sure to show off your brown helmet too

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the haters.

Use your first set of gear to figure out what you like then spend $$$ getting really good protective gear before you start putting down a lot of miles.

I went from a $100 to $700 helmet after three months of riding but even if i spent more money in the start, I wouldn't have made the same choice.

e: lol i stand corrected, you made bad choices and should probably feel bad too.

FormatAmerica has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Aug 16, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

FormatAmerica posted:

gently caress the haters.

Use your first set of gear to figure out what you like then spend $$$ getting really good protective gear before you start putting down a lot of miles.

I went from a $100 to $700 helmet after three months of riding but even if i spent more money in the start, I wouldn't have made the same choice.

Your argument would hold water except, you know, instead of buying cheap first gear he bought a $1000 jacket that use fashion leather with some CE inserts instead of buying a one-piece / two-piece suit, gloves, and boots for what he already paid.

https://wanelo.com/p/17928421/belstaff-classic-leather-trialmaster-jacket-light-brown-urban-rider-london

Overpaying for lovely gear is why people are chiding him.

:(
vvv

Digital_Jesus has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Aug 16, 2015

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
making GBS threads gear. Now that I can get into!

Cointelprofessional
Jul 2, 2007
Carrots: Make me an offer.

canis minor posted:

I've also preordered this:

Volume 1 is gimmicky, but not as gimmicky as Only Revolutions (plot wise though is disappointing so far, so I don't know if I'm going to shell out on further volumes atm)

I love how he plays with typography, but nothing happens. I read through the first 500 pages and it felt like everything I had read didn't matter. Calling them short stories is being generous.

I want to give him a pass, because I loved House of Leaves, but I can't possibly read 27 volumes that go nowhere.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I finally got my motorcycle license after wanting one since I was like 15 (I'm almost 30) and I think I've hit full-blown midlife crisis mode.

Siegfried?

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Cointelprofessional posted:

I love how he plays with typography, but nothing happens. I read through the first 500 pages and it felt like everything I had read didn't matter. Calling them short stories is being generous.

I want to give him a pass, because I loved House of Leaves, but I can't possibly read 27 volumes that go nowhere.

Yes! That's exactly the thing! For me, additionally, there's the fact that I don't really care about other plot than Xander and, possibly, The Orb. After reading first part of the brazilian (?) lady I started to omit her passages, because the first one was so insufferable. Still - I'm currently at page 250, or so, going through it slowly before going to sleep. Is there any The Familiar/Danielewski threads in TBB? (I wasn't able to find any).

Still it's nothing to Only Revolutions, which was pure gimmick (and as such is at least readable) - so at least on that part I'm kind of content.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Digital_Jesus posted:

Your argument would hold water except, you know, instead of buying cheap first gear he bought a $1000 jacket that use fashion leather with some CE inserts instead of buying a one-piece / two-piece suit, gloves, and boots for what he already paid.

https://wanelo.com/p/17928421/belstaff-classic-leather-trialmaster-jacket-light-brown-urban-rider-london

vvv

He could have gotten a killer Klim textile jacket for less than 2/3 of that, even.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hey spoiler-y Danielewski stuff! I wasn't aware that he had written anything after Revolutions (which I couldn't get into at all). I might pick up Volume 1 but what the thread is saying isn't terribly promising. A shame, since HoL is one of my favorite books. Must honk for him as a writer to have peaked early :(

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

Oh....

Buy good gear.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

queserasera posted:

[timg]removed image[/timg]

I looked at these and saw absolutely no reason to get one over the K70 or K70 RGB if you're 13 and think LED lights are cool.

PS Don't image leech.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Alternatively, you could get like a dozen uni-ball Power Tank RT pens (which are like Fisher space pens but better) for approximately the same price.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

queserasera posted:

Not for me, not yet anyway.

Stopgap headphones.

that keyboard is an abomination

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uhh why does it say HB?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

because its a pencil?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

because its a pencil?

I have several dozen pencils that don't have HB on them but exactly zero mechanical pencils that do.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

well buddy thats like a 30 dollar mechanical pencil so you can bet your balls its gonna have all the bells and whistles

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh why does it say HB?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

well buddy thats like a 30 dollar mechanical pencil so you can bet your balls its gonna have all the bells and whistles

IS THIS ALL A JOKE TO YOU?!?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fayez Butts posted:

I don't see either of those things.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I know what HB means, fuckwit. Why is it marked on a mechanical pencil when you can fill it up with any one of those?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

I know what HB means, fuckwit. Why is it marked on a mechanical pencil when you can fill it up with any one of those?

No you see it's a Rotring. You can only feed it with HB refills. Do you put diesel in a gasoline engine? I don't think so.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm guessing you can twist the cap to change the hardness.

$30 mechanical pencilllllll

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I;ll buy a $30 pen that gets ink all over my fingers any day but I will never buy a $30 mechanical pencil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

I'm guessing you can twist the cap to change the hardness.

$30 mechanical pencilllllll

I found a picture from another angle and it seems like that's the case. I wonder how many non-autistic people thought that's a feature they need before it was introduced?