Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i wonder if he's refering to sue gough specifically

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/whistleblower-alleges-us-government-is-covering-up-alien-life-at-UFO-hearing-180982614/

quote:

Yet, no hearing has revealed definitive evidence of life beyond Earth. Grusch said he hasn’t personally witnessed any UFOs, and he refused to publicly give specifics on some of the details of his claims, citing security concerns. Still, he said he would be more forthcoming behind closed doors.

“As a former intelligence officer, I go to jail for revealing classified information,” he said at the hearing.

When asked whether anyone had been harmed or injured to cover up information about extraterrestrial technology, Grusch answered yes. But when asked if anyone had been murdered, he said he had to be careful and had “directed people with that knowledge to the appropriate authorities.” Grusch also alleged that the military had misused funds allocated for other programs to try to reverse-engineer some of the supposedly non-human technology.

Sue Gough, a spokesperson for the Pentagon, tells NBC News’ Michael Mitsanas that Grusch’s claims are false. Grusch first went public with his remarks last month.

The Department of Defense is “committed to timely and thorough reporting to Congress,” about UFOs, Gough tells NBC News. It “has not discovered any verifiable information to substantiate claims that any programs regarding the possession or reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial materials have existed in the past or exist currently.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I like to think somewhere out there, there's someone having a great time on a great planet. living a great life.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ima die if Brandon loving Fugal ends up being the one who breaks the coverup. Send Dragon in on a covert mission to steal the secrets from the pentagon.

Oh no the plan failed because Dragon refuses to dig under the fence to get in.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lpzie posted:

I like to think somewhere out there, there's someone having a great time on a great planet. living a great life.

:same:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Lpzie posted:

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ima die if Brandon loving Fugal ends up being the one who breaks the coverup. Send Dragon in on a covert mission to steal the secrets from the pentagon.

Oh no the plan failed because Dragon refuses to dig under the fence to get in.

Dude has the perfect opportunity to earn that nickname yet he continues to not assault the Pentagon. How disappointing.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rickshaw posted:

yeah i posted it a while ago as an example of when you can tell the hoax-writer has a particular background, usually they like to load it up with details from their subject of expertise to add to the perceived veracity. but there is no way to communicate with quantum entanglement and if you think there is then you haven't really understood what entanglement is / does

Sad

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Demilich posted:

Dude has the perfect opportunity to earn that nickname yet he continues to not assault the Pentagon. How disappointing.

We don't ask for much here in the cspam bird thread

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

aliens today. I can feel it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

maytee has passed and i still haven't seen an alien or the destruction of civilization

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's a good day for it, really

and the dot is red

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jazerus posted:

maytee has passed and i still haven't seen an alien or the destruction of civilization

fortunately maytee is just around the corner

051324_3
May 13, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 21:41 on May 13, 2024

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

https://twitter.com/extrafabulous/status/1790020666894197216

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

missed this one from yesterday:
https://twitter.com/rosscoulthart/status/1789753286217613337

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

reminds me of that story about demon face syndrome that made the rounds a month ago or so

sure it's nothing to worry about

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

reminds me of that story about demon face syndrome that made the rounds a month ago or so

sure it's nothing to worry about
The what now?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm sorry, what syndrome?

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
the, uh, the demon... face?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah for some reason a series of stories about "demon face syndrome" made the rounds across the major sites, it's apparently a sort of visual disorder that makes you see faces that look... well... basically what it says on the tin.

https://slate.com/life/2024/05/demon-face-syndrome-what-is-prosopometamorphopsia-rare-disease.html
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/22/health/demon-faces-prosopometamorphopsia-wellness/index.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/disorder-man-sees-demonic-faces-rcna144533
https://people.com/rare-visual-disorder-see-demon-faces-prosopometamorphopsia-8619183

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/patternspodcast/status/1790049433461063987

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

lol ok!

https://twitter.com/UFOS_UAPS/status/1790052128502817083

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

yes yes yes
YES YES YES

do it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress Congresswoman Aphrodite

President Xi, my people yearn for disclosure

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Rickshaw posted:

yeah i posted it a while ago as an example of when you can tell the hoax-writer has a particular background, usually they like to load it up with details from their subject of expertise to add to the perceived veracity. but there is no way to communicate with quantum entanglement and if you think there is then you haven't really understood what entanglement is / does

My takeaway from that person who was very familiar with their system was that an extra, non-documented piece of hardware may be connected to that system. Based on the description of where that hardware may be located in the system, I don't understand how that person could even trust the original data they gathered.

There's long been rumors of intelligence shenanigans with embedded hardware, we've even seen a public version with the Huawei chip ban, could it be going on in space as well? Who knows, BUT YES, let's throw Quantum Entanglement in the ring to really poo poo things up so nobody thinks too hard about this.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Do it China, take the lead on this as you have with literally every thing else (except sucking poo poo and failing, of course)

EDIT who is that bozo anyway?

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 18:00 on May 13, 2024

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

yes yes yes
YES YES YES

do it

:xickos:

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
"we really cant let that Happen"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

Do it China, take the lead on this as you have with literally every thing else (except sucking poo poo and failing, of course)

EDIT who is that bozo anyway?

complete rando d-tier podcaster

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
We're about to find out all UAPs are Chinese and major national security threats

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

crack psychosis.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

complete rando d-tier podcaster

Ta. That's a shame, it would be genuinely amazing if China actually ate the US's lunch like that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

Ta. That's a shame, it would be genuinely amazing if China actually ate the US's lunch like that

He's also hinted at a follow-up hearing materializing a few days ago and he's followed by Lue and Sharp (they follow almost anybody though so... meh)

Could be he's got someone whispering to him... it's not impossible I guess but you'd really expect to see that coming from someone a little higher up the chain

fun dream though

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

If China actually disclosed what do we think the US response would be? Do they sheepishly come clean or scream that it's all chinese propaganda and lies?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I'm sure this random Twitter guy is the one in the know

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

China: The US is hoarding off planet technologies recovered from crash sites all over the world. We know this because of our efficient spy balloon program
US: *racism noises intensify*

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Human.Frank posted:

My takeaway from that person who was very familiar with their system was that an extra, non-documented piece of hardware may be connected to that system. Based on the description of where that hardware may be located in the system, I don't understand how that person could even trust the original data they gathered.

There's long been rumors of intelligence shenanigans with embedded hardware, we've even seen a public version with the Huawei chip ban, could it be going on in space as well? Who knows, BUT YES, let's throw Quantum Entanglement in the ring to really poo poo things up so nobody thinks too hard about this.

This is the real secret of PROMIS. It was advanced enough that the CIA was running an entire factory. Even if you knew to look for something you'd never find it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

They also have rules for exorcism

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

that's about when jesus is in your toast or whatever. probably good to have some guidelines for silly little stories because without them things can go off the rails like fatima or this: https://blog.nationalmuseum.ch/en/2023/03/the-jetzer-affair/ where a bunch of dominican friars abused and tortured a guy and did like a sitcom plot thing where they went into his room at night pretending to be various christian ghosts, giving him stigmata, etc. eventually he figured out they were loving with him so they tried to kill him but they got rumbled and ended up being burned at the stake

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The vatican will never admit to the time they outsourced their exorcism response stuff to a bunch of atheists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

god i hate this guy:

https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1790074886083289420