Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Austin's latest podcast is with Roddy Piper, awesome :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE 10 COUNT EPISODE 45 - GOOG IS MAD WITH POWER

That's right folks we're back with Episode 45. EXCEPT I'M NOT IN IT!!! Not only am I not IN IT but I was told to EDIT IT! EVEN ORDERED TO USE A CERTAIN INTRO BY THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THIS TOGETHER! YOU WANNA GIVE ME ORDERS? HOW ABOUT YOU ORDER MY FIST. IN YOUR FACE!!!

Your hosts this week: The Goog, KungFu_Grip, MassRafTer, and Oatgan

Runtime: 1 Hour, 31 Minutes, 47 Seconds.

THE TOPICS

01. Raw
02. Daniel Bryan
03. From Rarity: How has the Divas division changed since the start of Total Divas? Is this a positive or negative change?
04. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: STEVEN/WILLIAM REGAL
05. From mkay0 (no av): If Spike gets the rights to WWE's TV and puts SmackDown right before Bellator, how does that effect:
- WWE?
- TNA?
- Bellator?
06. From UltimoDragonQuest: Come up with an acronym for a promotion run by Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keith. Who are the two wrestlers you would build around?
07. From Wazzu: Is Rey Mysterio a useful draw and storyline device if he can't do 1-on-1 matches?
08. From Wazzu: Does anyone give a gently caress about Del Rio vs. Batista? Does anyone give a gently caress about Del Rio vs. ANYONE?!
09. From Wazzu: What Divas match would you like to see at WrestleMania?
10. Awards chat!
<--- Can you believe they did this one without me?

Enjoy!

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 14, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
<- Ahem, these are Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle :colbert:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That Konnan interview with Samoa Joe kinded sucked because it sounded like Joe was using a phone from the 1990s. Some of the stories were pretty funny good, but I'm not sure Joe "telling management" to do something with him is going to result in anything. What does he want them to do? He already had a run for a long time as a monster, he was on top for a while as well; but gently caress it's TNA nothing they do is going to make him a star or anything. We know that he's not on WWE's radar, and he wouldn't get used in AAA, whatever Jarrett is going to do I would doubt that he would get over there either. I was a big fan of Joe back in the day but that was literally a decade ago, and I don't think that Cornette's appraisal that his image has been damaged by his run in TNA is incorrect.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
For better or for worse TNA is the place he works and right up until the day he no longer works for them he'll be playing devil's advocate in favour of them. See how quickly he just dumped on Russo once he was brought up? That's because Russo no longer works for TNA and will never effect his career again. Once Joe doesn't work for TNA he will poo poo on them from the highest of heights like it looks like AJ Styles is going to do with TNA.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I post the 10 Count and Pisscast on another forum and only one person responds to the posts, here is his most recent post

quote:

I can honestly say, the goog is the most wrong person on both the ten count and pisscast including guest stars.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can't believe you would say those false things about Randy Orton, Goog. Where's your journalistic integrity?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Goog hates the Usos. The Goog clearly has no idea what good things are like.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

That Konnan interview with Samoa Joe kinded sucked because it sounded like Joe was using a phone from the 1990s. Some of the stories were pretty funny good, but I'm not sure Joe "telling management" to do something with him is going to result in anything. What does he want them to do? He already had a run for a long time as a monster, he was on top for a while as well; but gently caress it's TNA nothing they do is going to make him a star or anything. We know that he's not on WWE's radar, and he wouldn't get used in AAA, whatever Jarrett is going to do I would doubt that he would get over there either. I was a big fan of Joe back in the day but that was literally a decade ago, and I don't think that Cornette's appraisal that his image has been damaged by his run in TNA is incorrect.

Joe could get over anywhere if he's allowed to wrestle and isn't having cocks drawn on his face.

People give the reach of TNA's shittiness far too much credit. Hell, RVD was booked better than he should've been in TNA, was far more notable than Joe and he leave for WWE again and 3/4 of the people he encountered in public didn't even know he'd been wrestling since he left WWE.

They've ruined Joe for the TNA universe but the vast majority of people don't even know he was buried and of the small sliver of people who do, a large portion of those understand it's because TNA is moronic, not because Joe sucks now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hock a loog on the goog.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Goog's correct about the Usos, I'll give him that. I'd give him a lot more, too.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
I honestly don't remember saying anything about the Usos last night. I was tired and fast-forwarded through most of Raw.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Joe could get over anywhere if he's allowed to wrestle and isn't having cocks drawn on his face.

People give the reach of TNA's shittiness far too much credit. Hell, RVD was booked better than he should've been in TNA, was far more notable than Joe and he leave for WWE again and 3/4 of the people he encountered in public didn't even know he'd been wrestling since he left WWE.

They've ruined Joe for the TNA universe but the vast majority of people don't even know he was buried and of the small sliver of people who do, a large portion of those understand it's because TNA is moronic, not because Joe sucks now.

I don't think Joe sucks now but I think he missed his prime period where he could have been something. I just can't see anyone wanting to invest time and effort in him again given his age and baggage when you could put that hype into a new guy. He's not like Sting with a memorable run in front of millions of people behind him. As you mentioned he's only been exposed to the TNA audience, if he goes anywhere else and those ROH fans that didn't know TNA existed come to see him they'll expect the Joe of old and he's not that guy anymore. The RVD analogy isn't quite comparable because RVD went from big to small, not from small to small. Joe didn't have a big following in the first place, and there's really no incentive to push him now. Chris Hero is probably a guy that you could do something with because at least some of the WWE audience saw him on NXT, he's the same age and his style doesn't him to have the tank that Joe needed to have back in the day.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Goog was one of our better guests, suck it haters.

Rarity posted:

<- Ahem, these are Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle :colbert:

I tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hulkamatt sucks for not using the music I sent him. He probably also sucks for not editing the show the way I would have.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Austin's latest podcast is with Roddy Piper, awesome :allears:

It's really good. Piper had a crazy life coming up

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Rarity posted:

The Goog hates the Usos. The Goog clearly has no idea what good things are like.

what the gently caress?

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Goog's correct about the Usos, I'll give him that. I'd give him a lot more, too.

what the gently caress?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I post the 10 Count and Pisscast on another forum and only one person responds to the posts, here is his most recent post
Is it the product discussion board for Coleman electric lanterns?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

Hulkamatt sucks for not using the music I sent him. He probably also sucks for not editing the show the way I would have.

I used it as an outro.

Also I think you'd be pleased.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Fun podcast, my question about Mysterio was made irrelevant by WWE this week.

God drat it I was enjoying jamming to that final song and then it turns out to loving Biscuits and Gravy

Q: Let's say there is going to be a Promotion that launches (Toby Keith's Nonstop Action, etc.) with LOTS of money behind it, aiming to be the number 2 promotion in the world. Would it be best suited to be a local promotion (keeping to one City, and holding it's weekly shows there), a regional promotion (running rassling for the south), a national promotion, or shoot for the moon and be an international promotion? Essentially, what would be the best way to birth a new major promotion from America, after seeing WCW and TNA gently caress it properly, amongst the many smaller failures.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 15, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Look, I know there is a lot of anime out there, and there's cartoon women with ridiculous proportions, sometimes they've got snakes coming out of them and stuff, I've heard..." -Bryan Alvarez

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

if only thread titles were longer.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

"Look, I know there is a lot of anime out there, and there's cartoon women with ridiculous proportions, sometimes they've got snakes coming out of them and stuff, I've heard..." -Bryan Alvarez

i have also heard this

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Actually, here's a possibly more fun question: Who will WWE do the "put a world title on inexplicably, have them be booked terribly, lose the title with no aplomb and claim they aren't a draw" deal with this year?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wazzu posted:

Actually, here's a possibly more fun question: Who will WWE do the "put a world title on inexplicably, have them be booked terribly, lose the title with no aplomb and claim they aren't a draw" deal with this year?

Batista.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan finally discovered Ninja Scroll, didn't he?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Wazzu posted:

You know, I think these days might be over now that we only have one world title. Generally the "lower card guy gets a title and then buried" thing would happen to the Smackdown title (Ziggler, Swagger, etc). I'm looking at the WWE title, and really the only reign that seems a bit weird in recent history is Del Rio having the title a couple times in 2011. That was really short though, it was only a few months and then Punk started his dominant reign.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
My issue with the whole "we only have one title now" is the douche still carries around two belts. Does that mean if Orton loses the next guy gets both belts or does he get just the WWE belt or what?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm still convinced they're un-unifying them fairly soon. Considering how out-of-the-blue the unification seems to have been.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

My issue with the whole "we only have one title now" is the douche still carries around two belts. Does that mean if Orton loses the next guy gets both belts or does he get just the WWE belt or what?

Well Orton's character is douchebag heel so he's really only helping himself with two belts. And imagine it'll be just the one within a couple months.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

VogeGandire posted:

I'm still convinced they're un-unifying them fairly soon. Considering how out-of-the-blue the unification seems to have been.

This is what I initially suspected as well until Alvarez reported that they're discussing unifying the midcard belts at Elimination Chamber.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Thauros posted:

This is what I initially suspected as well until Alvarez reported that they're discussing unifying the midcard belts at Elimination Chamber.

What is the purpose of that?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Skunkrocker posted:

When was the last time the US title was important?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Skunkrocker posted:

Have one semi-meaningful secondary champion at the old World title level (or the old old IC title level) instead of a bunch of dudes walking around with meaningless belts doing random jobs.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm fine with them unifying belts. Hell I'd love for them to unify Raw & Smackdown too!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

they're keeping both belts because replicas of both belts still sell. once the world title stops selling they'll phase it out.

also please do not call people douches that is not very nice.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Also, last time they unified the titles, Jericho carried around two world titles for months and it was glorious. This way they can roll out a new design in 6 months or so and it will give us something new to complain about for a while.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

When they announced that WrestleMania 31 would be held in the Bay Area, they showed a WrestleMania logo featuring the same WWE logo used for the Network branding.

Wouldn't shock me if they transition into using that as their main corporate logo over the next year. If they do so they'd need a new championship belt since the current one is the most obvious feature on the current WWE Title. I'd assume they'd simply go back to using one belt if that occurs. I personally like the double belt look and wouldn't mind seeing them sticking with it myself.

The Best Christmas
May 13, 2011

It's not exactly a BAD logo, given that they tried to make a minimalistic looking thing out of what was designed to look like a bunch of gritty scribbles, which from a design standpoint probably couldn't ever have ended well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I think it's a pretty bad logo, but I know how impossible it is to get anything corporate designed without 100 people each pushing you in a different way, so chances are it started off as something much different and better.

• Locked thread