Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Nobody ruins the gif thread but me! and maybe the boy!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

7c Nickel posted:

So it turns out the new DOOM kinda rocks.

http://i.imgur.com/OYGP697.mp4

Who'd have guessed?

I hope it's better than the multiplayer beta me and a friend played cause that was boring as hell.

Prokhor Zakharov has a new favorite as of 02:46 on May 14, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

7c Nickel posted:

So it turns out the new DOOM kinda rocks.

http://i.imgur.com/OYGP697.mp4

Who'd have guessed?

The Jim Sterling first impression vid made it look like the developers at least had a sense of humour and timing, which is... really good to see. Like, jokes where the humour comes from stuff being synced up to the soundtrack, the chainsaw makes enemies into colossal sprays of shiny pickups, melee kills are quick and don't waste your time. The only thing about it that I don't like, from what I've seen, is how bloomy and HDR it is.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Somfin posted:

The only thing about it that I don't like, from what I've seen, is how bloomy and HDR it is.

On the PC version you can just turn that stuff off, same with the film grain effect.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

On the PC version you can just turn that stuff off, same with the film grain effect.

PC master race wins again.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Some often are, this one... probably not, given it would be just as unwieldy to put on.

Why not just use the speaker phone button??

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Failed the reverse image search, can anyone tell me where this is from?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Reverse image search says it's Stardust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHnumjuHL8

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Stardust is a super good movie IMO you should watch it.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
Daredevil beats up Superman in that movie, its great.

e: Also Sinestro.

Cheshire Puss has a new favorite as of 12:00 on May 14, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Funny, I re-watch ed Stardust in the last year and don't remember that scene at all.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

hooah posted:

Funny, I re-watch ed Stardust in the last year and don't remember that scene at all.

Maybe it's like the spaceship scene in The Life Of Brian, which a lot of people seem to have forgotten exists.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

wayfinder posted:

Maybe it's like the spaceship scene in The Life Of Brian, which a lot of people seem to have forgotten exists.

Nope it's from Stardust, that's Robert DeNiro's crew attacking a bunch of fantasyland cops.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If you liked The Princess Bride, watch Stardust because you will absolutely enjoy it.

If you didn't like The Princess Bride, probably go gently caress yourself or something.

edit: Do not watch the scene posted below if you intend to watch stardust, you will enjoy robert deniro's character a lot more if you don't get certain elements spoiled for you.

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 15:57 on May 14, 2016

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
The scene in question.

Edit: And as said previously, Do not watch the scene posted below if you intend to watch stardust, you will enjoy robert deniro's character a lot more if you don't get certain elements spoiled for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5eW_uEWRv8

Cheshire Puss has a new favorite as of 16:25 on May 14, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Ahh, I'd just forgotten about the courtesies is all.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
drat, been almost a decade since it was released, a rewatch is probably due.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

Nope it's from Stardust, that's Robert DeNiro's crew attacking a bunch of fantasyland cops.

"like"

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

If you liked The Princess Bride, watch Stardust because you will absolutely enjoy it.

If you didn't like The Princess Bride, probably go gently caress yourself or something.

I hate Princess Bride and love Stardust. :shobon:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

This is a correct opinion.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Just watched stardust tonight because of this thread, thanks for the recommendation. Bit cheesy at times but not bad overall. Best part was definitely De Niro

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Just watched stardust tonight because of this thread, thanks for the recommendation. Bit cheesy at times but not bad overall. Best part was definitely De Niro

The book is also pretty great if you're a fan of Gaiman's style but don't expect De Niro's character in it, the only similarities are the name for the most part.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Internet Wizard posted:

The book is also pretty great if you're a fan of Gaiman's style but don't expect De Niro's character in it, the only similarities are the name for the most part.

It's a very good film.

Something that I would not like to watch with other people, for various reasons.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
http://i.imgur.com/QZClJG5.gifv

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

http://i.imgur.com/a0LquYl.gifv

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What the hell?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

What the hell?

Its going in reverse.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Flaggy posted:

Its going in reverse.

No it isn't, it is an aquatic dog being released into it's natural habitat.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Flaggy posted:

Its going in reverse.

Thank god for that. I was getting ready to unleash my impotent rage.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

SwissCM posted:

No it isn't, it is an aquatic dog being released into it's natural habitat.

I kinda wish it was this now.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
I've checked back many pages now but didn't see the gif I thought I saw here: a tiny fierce kitten gnawing on a german sheppard's leg as it nonchalantly drank water from a bowl? Can someone repost that please, it was like a cartoon come to life.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

That70sHeidi posted:

I've checked back many pages now but didn't see the gif I thought I saw here: a tiny fierce kitten gnawing on a german sheppard's leg as it nonchalantly drank water from a bowl? Can someone repost that please, it was like a cartoon come to life.

Haven't found it yet but enjoy this "um, excuse me" moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/lo4oC3z.webm