Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So I went ahead and bought Fullblox and holy crap it's fun. I can see plenty of playtime spent on the level creating and sharing feature. It'd be nice to get a thread for sharing if enough people pick it up.

Also, shameless pg. 250 snipe edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did you play any of the other ones

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Nope this is my first one. I've only recently gotten back into any form of nintendo gaming since my n64 and gba with pokemon.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
drat, welcome to adulthood

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shampy posted:

When is that part in Xenoblade where you have to do the three quests you shouldn't miss that you guys talked about a long time ago? I'm working my way through the swamp to get to the colony now.

It's mostly whenever you see (!) bubbles. You know that place you found Juju at? When you start the colony 6 rebuilding thing all the quests there will vanish.

There's one city full of em and Frontier Village has a couple too.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

drat, welcome to adulthood

Heh thanks. To be fair the reason I picked up a new console was a 2DS so I could play x and y. Then the floodgates were open, bought a NEW3DS so I could play games on a not - tiny screen and ended up getting ocarina of time, fire emblem, monhun4u and ALBW. Just about to grab a copy of fantasy life for cheap second hand, and exploring other options for a decent RPG or two.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Don't get Fantasy Life. It was a huge disappointment. Get one of the Denpamen games and start exploring weird eShop stuff.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Don't get Fantasy Life. It was a huge disappointment. Get one of the Denpamen games and start exploring weird eShop stuff.

Actually, Fantasy Life is cool.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
So you're saying Denpamen ISN'T COOL? Is THAT what you're saying?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fantasy Life is not for everyone.

Denpamen I have no idea, stopped following with so many releases. What's even the best out of the... three?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Monster w21 Faces posted:

So you're saying Denpamen ISN'T COOL? Is THAT what you're saying?
I don't know if its what he's saying, but it is what I am saying.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I sure wish sega could give some sort of confirmation if my wife's game will be available in two weeks or if it got delayed.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I've not looked at Denpaman, I'll watch a few vids and check it out.
From what I could see, Fantasy life looks kinda like a fun ARPG meets fable 2 professions. It was a toss up between that or Animal Crossing, which also looked pretty fun, but the whole "being a knight" thing pushed Fantasy Life into my targets first.
The only annoying thing is there isn't a lot of gameplay vids for 3DS games (obviously due to the difficulty in capturing it well for recording) so I can't get real good ideas of what they're like.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i played denpamen 2 for a little while. it was kind of cool but didnt grab me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Spiteski posted:

From what I could see, Fantasy life looks kinda like a fun ARPG meets fable 2 professions. It was a toss up between that or Animal Crossing, which also looked pretty fun, but the whole "being a knight" thing pushed Fantasy Life into my targets first.
The only annoying thing is there isn't a lot of gameplay vids for 3DS games (obviously due to the difficulty in capturing it well for recording) so I can't get real good ideas of what they're like.

animal crossing is barely a game in the traditional sense. there's no combat (unless you count bees :v:) and no platforming or really goals of any kind other than paying off your house expansions. you just spend time with your animal friends and pretty up the town and your house and maybe play minigames on the island. i got a good amount of time out of it but eventually it started to feel like chores to do every day and i stopped.

fantasy life is more of a game with combat and grinding through professions. you should be able to find gameplay for both on youtube easily enough

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

I sure wish sega could give some sort of confirmation if my wife's game will be available in two weeks or if it got delayed.

Miku isn't your wife. She's mine.

Also, the game (Mirai DX) was apparently delayed until August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8n9paLZ3p0

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spiteski posted:

Fantasy Life is pretty much an offline MMO, Akihiro Hino is a big fan of FF14 and FL is verifiably the same game. To the point that every time I sit down to play Fantasy Life I feel like I should probably just be playing the game I'm already paying a subscription for instead. If you like somewhat mindlessly running around a big world doing a million quests and leveling up all of your jobs it is really good at that though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Saoshyant posted:

Also, the game (Mirai DX) was apparently delayed until August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8n9paLZ3p0

ah poo poo :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

triplexpac posted:

They were always DLC, just before you had to buy a magazine to get them

Only if you were a loser and had no friends. :smugbert:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, it was pretty "fun" to see most European retailers switch the date to August suddenly out of nowhere. And since this was going to be a simultaneous release, the NA one is likely postponed as well to the same date.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Stretchmo runs at a noticeably lower framerate than Crashmo. :(

Not deal-breaking but it doesn't look as crisp.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kaubocks posted:

do you have a new 3ds? wonder if they optimized it with the new cpu in mind

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Nah, I'm still using a regular old 3DS XL. Waiting to see if there's any more sick N3DS exclusives or any other cool limited edition ones before I take the plunge.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Fantasy Life is pretty much an offline MMO, Akihiro Hino is a big fan of FF14 and FL is verifiably the same game. To the point that every time I sit down to play Fantasy Life I feel like I should probably just be playing the game I'm already paying a subscription for instead. If you like somewhat mindlessly running around a big world doing a million quests and leveling up all of your jobs it is really good at that though.

This is kind of what I hoped for. Cheers for summing it up.

^^^ I'm running it on a New3DS and it runs really really smoothly, so I'd say the faster processor makes a big difference. the 3D is really nice too, apparently (taking my partners word, as I am half-blind)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kaubocks posted:

Nah, I'm still using a regular old 3DS XL. Waiting to see if there's any more sick N3DS exclusives or any other cool limited edition ones before I take the plunge.

anyone tried it on a new 3ds?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Awesome! posted:

anyone tried it on a new 3ds?

Look up one post?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that was edited in

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, it was pretty "fun" to see most European retailers switch the date to August suddenly out of nowhere. And since this was going to be a simultaneous release, the NA one is likely postponed as well to the same date.

Did they say why? Its not like they have to change much besides the menus. I was really looking forward to it...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kaubocks posted:

The post-game levels in Crashmo lowered the framerate by default, too. I guess it's a side-effect of the increased three-dimensionality or something.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
The n3DS is great. Wish I bought one sooner. Just being able to keep the 3D effect without worrying about moving around is really nice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Flagrama posted:

The n3DS is great. Wish I bought one sooner. Just being able to keep the 3D effect without worrying about moving around is really nice.

I think it even fixes the ghosting a little on some of the games that suffered from it like Tales of the Abyss.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Stretchmo's really cute! The robots are cute especially the one that sells you the passes! It's all cute! Help

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is it just another Pushmo or does it add a thing

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

You can now pull blocks sideways as well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

It's a totally new puzzle mechanic. Works differently from both Pushmo and Crashmo.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Fire emblem difficulty has me all over the place. On one hand, normal is ridiculously trivial. However, hard seems to be pretty tedious unless you work extremely hard to spread experience around, and even at equal levels as the enemy it's pretty easy to lose a unit without using boring baiting tactics. Either that or my avatar just scales to the moon (via the inate xp skill?) and can solo the world. That's also pretty boring. I feel like I have not been able to find a sweet spot yet, and I'm in chapter 8.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Awakening's difficulty options are bad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Looper posted:

Awakening's difficulty options are bad

they are but not for the reasons he's stating, hard is pretty easy i'd say

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hard is challenging for about 5 chapters or whatever chapter it is you get Ricken and Maribelle and then becomes a total cakewalk. Lunatic is ball-crushingly hard to the point of it not even being fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lunatic is usually only tedious, it stops being difficult after that chapter you get Vaike and Miriel in. Lunatic+ is just random and stupid. Hard is a lot easier than the norm for the series though (it's about as tough as normal usually is) so you don't have a happy medium for difficulty like a lot of the other recent games. Good game but the difficulty settings aren't up to series standards imo