Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Did they take over a bot? Usually what happens is you kill a guy, he jumps in for a bot and someone kills him and for some reason you get an assist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tevery Best posted:

Did they take over a bot? Usually what happens is you kill a guy, he jumps in for a bot and someone kills him and for some reason you get an assist.

Yea I was just about to post that, upon further review that was the case with all the assists. I guess the game thinks I helped with the second kill because I did over 40 damage (or however much it is) to the guy controlling the bot during his first life.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/EL/status/757987126059360256

:tinfoil:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Silver Elite. :woop: Getting in the habit of actually using my grenades before I die is definitely helping, and I feel like my friends and I are coordinating our site defenses a lot better. Takes are more difficult, because that requires the 2-3 pubs to play along, but we're getting a lot better at takes while being outnumbered.

Also I hit 500 kills on my A1S and even though that is a completely arbitrary benchmark it makes me really proud.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
good job goon

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I keep getting teams with 2 or more guys queued together that do nothing but gently caress off in spawn, throw the bomb places it can't be reached, walk in front of you while shooting, and blocking when you try to move. Time of day doesn't matter. It happened the last 6 games. It wouldn't be so bad if they could be kicked but nope, his buddy will always vote no.

This is like a bad slot machine you keep trying to use and it keeps slapping you after giving you a small token to keep you playing.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ded posted:

I keep getting teams with 2 or more guys queued together that do nothing but gently caress off in spawn, throw the bomb places it can't be reached, walk in front of you while shooting, and blocking when you try to move. Time of day doesn't matter. It happened the last 6 games. It wouldn't be so bad if they could be kicked but nope, his buddy will always vote no.

This is like a bad slot machine you keep trying to use and it keeps slapping you after giving you a small token to keep you playing.

report for griefing, they will get overwatched.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ded posted:

you should try to find some pals to play with so you can 4-5 queue. alternatively find a healthier hobby with nice salt of the earth people such as hiking or crotchet. most online video gaming communities are toxic af

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i advise you to taze up as soon as possible

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Smithereens posted:

you should try to find some pals to play with so you can 4-5 queue. alternatively find a healthier hobby with nice salt of the earth people such as hiking or crotchet. most online video gaming communities are toxic af

Yeah people seem to complain about X/y/Z communities being REALLY TOXIC, but uhh EVERY community is like this from what I see. Way back when I first started playing games online, the communities weren't too bad, rainbow6, total annihilation, and everquest, communities did have toxic elements, but weren't all that bad, CS was when I started noticing things trending to "be as much of a shithead as you can when you're playing with randos" and it's only getting worse. I started to notice things were REALLY bad when I stopped playing PC and went to consoles to play with buddies; halo2, 3000 different COD games, GOW and more, just awful.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i am raging just thinking about it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

One misplaced meme can destroy a life. Don't meme irresponsibly.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Some people seem really angry at their life when they play cs and I feel bad for them :(

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
My play is pretty inconsistent. When I'm playing deathmatch I can usually keep somewhere near the top and push at least a 2:1 KDR, even when I'm just practicing my pistols. I've got the timing down pat, I stop before I shoot, etc. Not the best, but I land a lot of headshots and react pretty fast.

But when I play comp, I'm just not on the bounce. I don't react fast enough. My shooting tends to loosen up. I have rounds where I can top frag as MG1/MG2 and pretend like I've got game sense, but then I'll just have games where I sink like a stone and accomplish nothing. Help?

MF_James posted:

report for griefing, they will get overwatched.

Report'em and gently caress around. Practice your deags or your scout play or whatever. That's what I always do.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
So my friends are in the low point of the Counter-Strike cycle. Their form is poor, they can't get the kills. I used to be able to at least keep the game competitive, because I was at the peak, but as of late my ISP started really making GBS threads the bed and I keep getting 50%+ packet loss spikes. Everyone on the team is salty as hell and angry.

So today I found out that the pre-school that's being built next door had fibre optic cable hooked up. Thrilled, I rush to order it and say goodbye to the lovely internet I've been forced into since forever...

...only to find out that yes, the pre-school can get fibre, and everyone around it can get fibre too, but my house, which is 600 metres away, can't even get cable DSL :suicide:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Isn't that actually illegal for them to do in a lot of cities since they agreed to meet certain requirements after taking like billions of dollars of government money to make fibre happen (and failing miserably mostly)? Nothing you can actually do but at least you aren't alone..

https://consumerist.com/2015/06/19/new-york-city-audit-calls-out-verizon-for-failure-to-build-out-fios-network-as-promised/

sleppy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 27, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
de_cheetos

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

sleppy posted:

Isn't that actually illegal for them to do in a lot of cities since they agreed to meet certain requirements after taking like billions of dollars of government money to make fibre happen (and failing miserably mostly)? Nothing you can actually do but at least you aren't alone..

https://consumerist.com/2015/06/19/new-york-city-audit-calls-out-verizon-for-failure-to-build-out-fios-network-as-promised/

In America, maybe. I have no idea what it's like legally here. All I know is they did some weird stuff when laying down phone cables in the 1990s, which means no-one on my street can get cable internet, and they couldn't be arsed to do anything about it over the past two decades.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

My play is pretty inconsistent. When I'm playing deathmatch I can usually keep somewhere near the top and push at least a 2:1 KDR, even when I'm just practicing my pistols. I've got the timing down pat, I stop before I shoot, etc. Not the best, but I land a lot of headshots and react pretty fast.

Valve deathmatch, the one you find a game for with the normal lobby is filled with not exactly super strong players. If you to browse community servers and type ffa (stands for free for all) you get the kind of deathmatch where everyone can shoot everyone. It is a bit more punishing and will probably force you to do better. Getting better in mm specifically is reading the pace of the game, learning from your mistakes by looking at your demos to understand why you got destroyed and learning grenades. aka more time playing

That's wild about the internet.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm always ready to shoot in DM. I have a much harder time staying prepared in comp because there can be a lot of downtime between peeks.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I lost my best fps years to satellite internet

MF_James
May 8, 2008

first house in my town to get cable internet back in 1999, I won all the FPS then

stranger danger
May 24, 2006
I think things are extra bad in MM land right now cuz school's out for the summer and probably 75% of the really annoying people you run into are kids/teenagers.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

stranger danger posted:

I think things are extra bad in MM land right now cuz school's out for the summer and probably 75% of the really annoying people you run into are kids/teenagers.

The only thing worse than a kid playing a video game is an adult playing a video game

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Photex posted:

streaming wouldn't be so bad with OBS if you could use NVENC or Quickplay, but because Twitch is living in poverty you can't get a high enough bitrate to make it worth it.

OBS says I can use it. Should I be?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

NTT posted:

The only thing worse than a kid playing a video game is an adult playing a video game

actually this is wrong. adults playing video games is normal and good. try thinking before you post next time idiot!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

NTT posted:

Teenagers and college kids seem to be the real worst. Unfunny, unoriginal mic spamming or just spewing racist, homophobic, or sexist things to be edgy.

I say this as an old rear end man.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Nominated: Best Sound Design

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Remora posted:

Silver Elite. :woop: Getting in the habit of actually using my grenades before I die is definitely helping, and I feel like my friends and I are coordinating our site defenses a lot better. Takes are more difficult, because that requires the 2-3 pubs to play along, but we're getting a lot better at takes while being outnumbered.

honestly if youre at silver elite i wouldnt worry too much about nades. It's good that youre getting used to them early, though

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

honestly if youre at silver elite i wouldnt worry too much about nades. It's good that youre getting used to them early, though

hi i have played counter-strike global offensive since beta: what is a nade?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm not good at making videos but I've been trying to add music to demo clips by playing a song in youtube in the steam browser. Is there a way that's not immediately obvious to me to make the music louder because who gives a poo poo about in the game sound. I've literally just been using downloading demos, recording the good bits in shadowplay with the steambrowser playing. If there's a minimal effort way to do that i'd be on that. This is just for my own amusement.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
alt tab and launch vlc, chrome, or spotify?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

maybe its my inner autist but it takes like a half second or whatever to get back into the game and I like when the start of the song and the recording line up. I get that a little tighter with shift tab real fast and alt f9

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Goofballs posted:

maybe its my inner autist but it takes like a half second or whatever to get back into the game and I like when the start of the song and the recording line up. I get that a little tighter with shift tab real fast and alt f9

does your keyboard have the media keys or can you find one that does

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Nah, I suppose i could buy a better keyboard but its not that important to me. Its not actually even that bad I'd just like the music to pop a bit more

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

have you tried turning down the game volume?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

A little, like in windows I normally have csgo playing at let's call it 40% out of preference but turning it to 100% didn't do much for the levels in the recording. I guess I'll just have low sounds for my low quality kills

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Volume in console lets you set a numeric for volume

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FetalDave posted:

OBS says I can use it. Should I be?

no, sorry if it wasn't explained, NVENC and Quick Sync work great with OBS the problem is you can't go over 3500kb/s on twitch due to their limitations.

NVENC and Quick Sync are pretty much only good for recording locally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just get sony vegas man @goofballs