Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ante posted:

I'd be super wary of those tbh. If they don't actually block UV, they'll gently caress you up. Sunglasses block light to your eyes, so your pupils dilate, letting more light in. If there's a bunch of UV light being let in, it'll give you nasty eye sunburn or something more permanent.

That's another one of those cases where cheap sunglasses bought in the US are still made in China, but you can be pretty sure that if they say they protect UV, they actually do. Ones directly from China, maybe not so much.

I will have these glasses tested then and report back.

EDIT

Though both my wife and I do wear UV-blocking contact lenses.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Greatest Living Man posted:

I looked up pics because I knew it'd look cool, and I noticed one case had buckyballs present in a particularly sensitive area.

its the ball storage area

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

KakerMix posted:

I will have these glasses tested then and report back.

EDIT

Though both my wife and I do wear UV-blocking contact lenses.

I will be interested to hear it, since I have ten plus pairs of aliexpress glasses in various colours and designs. They already put more effort into convincing me of their UV protection properties and general quality than the ones I can buy domestic. Also, the stern bronze man that emerges from my wall to judge my decisions approves of them:

He has never guided me astray. Under his ever vigilant gaze I am compelled to uphold high moral standards.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

This is the most loving hilarious article I've ever read.
I like that they included the first attempted method of extraction - just trying the pull out the chain. Freaking yikes though, don't shove things up there.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Ingesting magnets in any way is an incredibly bad idea because they will end up pinching tissue and cause internal bleeding, necrosis or sepsis.

You can get away with eating just one, but if you’re the kind of person liable to eat magnets you probably won’t stop after the first one.

Idiots ruining magnet toys for the rest of us :argh:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

once you pop you cannot stop

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

*1. The patient was not mentally or physically challenged, as occurs in many situations with such features,5 which in extreme cases may lead to self-mutilation. In fact, he was an honors student.

citation needed

the idea of sticking things in my urethra gives me the jibblies so there has to be something going on with his brain

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sounding is a very traditional kink.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Oh poo poo. Good point about the sunglasses. I was going to buy some ‘Channel’ ones from DH Gate but I guess getting eye cancer isn’t worth the savings. If I didn’t lose/break about five pairs of sunglasses a year I’d treat myself to some real designer ones.

Why does this thread always come back to sticking things up your urethra? Let’s share some other wholesome products from our recommended items like this dickbutt/buttdick (nws)
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bhJuNSWl

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

ante posted:

drat, what great timing. I can definitively answer "No. Some will gently caress you up."

https://youtu.be/vwsHRrDYu5o?t=978

not watching a 20 minute video of a dork playing with electricity

i bet the top 1000 selling sunglasses on ali are all gonna be uv protected

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Why, I’d bet my eyes on it!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Why, I’d bet my eyes on it!

I’d bet your eyes on it too

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
This is the land of fake eggs so I wouldn't bet my eyes on it, which is why I'm going to test the glasses I have BUT if they bothered to put polarization coating on the things then I would imagine they'd also put on the UV protection on it as well.

I have some pairs of Raybans and while they are nicer than these cheap ones it isn't by much at all and it is certainly not by a $150~ difference. We'll see how long they last but if I only get a year out of them vs. the 4 years I've gotten out of the Raybans then lol so what

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Yeah, definitely curious about the results.

You'd think they'd be fine, but I've bought USB cables and found that they have no data conductors inside, because those two extra wires make it more expensive.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Moon Atari posted:

I will be interested to hear it, since I have ten plus pairs of aliexpress glasses in various colours and designs. They already put more effort into convincing me of their UV protection properties and general quality than the ones I can buy domestic. Also, the stern bronze man that emerges from my wall to judge my decisions approves of them:

He has never guided me astray. Under his ever vigilant gaze I am compelled to uphold high moral standards.

He can't be that good if he got stuck in a wall. I'm 32 and I've managed to not get stuck in a wall. What else has he hosed up without your knowledge? :smug:

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

How would you go about testing sunglasses for uv blocking? I just bought a bunch of sunglasses off Ali because I can never go more than a couple of months without breaking them and got tired of spending 30 bucks to replace them all the time. Can I just walk into specsavers/an optometrist and be like “yo can I get these tested?” and it’s a 5 minute job, or is more involved than that?

JuggerNate
Jul 28, 2016
I bought several pairs of these sunglasses and I also got a UV flashlight to test this exact thing. When pointing the UV flashlight at a $20 bill for example, the security features will glow. Then I tried aiming the flashlight through the sunglasses and at the $20 and nothing glowed. I assume they do block UV light but this is only a simple way of checking and not certain to say how much. I assume safe to use though.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Visible Stink posted:

Can I just walk into specsavers/an optometrist and be like “yo can I get these tested?” and it’s a 5 minute job

yes

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Synthbuttrange posted:

its the ball storage area

buckyballs are stored in the balls?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

JuggerNate posted:

I bought several pairs of these sunglasses and I also got a UV flashlight to test this exact thing. When pointing the UV flashlight at a $20 bill for example, the security features will glow. Then I tried aiming the flashlight through the sunglasses and at the $20 and nothing glowed. I assume they do block UV light but this is only a simple way of checking and not certain to say how much. I assume safe to use though.
The tv program I watched on this made the point that UV light is a spectrum and that while there were plastics that blocked some of it, they didn't block the most harmful frequencies. This was about sunglasses bought from street vendors in tourist traps in Europe.

Losing your sight just isn't worth it imho.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
As long as they have polycarbonate lenses you are fine, just don't use them with green lasers or try to use them as welding glasses.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If you look at a couple of kitchen aprons, your suggestions will start turning up NSFW aprons with regularity. Some of them rather blatantly insinuate farmyard beastiality, so that's neat.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I'm on mobile so I can't post the pictures but they make it look a lot more exciting considering it is just some gallium.

C$ 10.72 | 2018 New DIY Metal toys Gallium 99.99 Pure Low Melting Point 85.6 F Ga Metal Hand Melted Magic toys School Educational Kids Toys
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cgvCahe0

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJvDadSfns&t=164s

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

heeheex2 posted:

not watching a 20 minute video of a dork playing with electricity

i bet the top 1000 selling sunglasses on ali are all gonna be uv protected

Applied science rules might be the best youtube channel I've seen

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

Bummey posted:

buckyballs are stored in the balls?

Piss is stored in the balls. Balls are stored in the urethra.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Flipperwaldt posted:

The tv program I watched on this made the point that UV light is a spectrum and that while there were plastics that blocked some of it, they didn't block the most harmful frequencies. This was about sunglasses bought from street vendors in tourist traps in Europe.

Losing your sight just isn't worth it imho.

Was this program sponsored or produced by Luxottica by any chance?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Thanks for reminding me that film exists. Now I have the fear again.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Visible Stink posted:

How would you go about testing sunglasses for uv blocking? I just bought a bunch of sunglasses off Ali because I can never go more than a couple of months without breaking them and got tired of spending 30 bucks to replace them all the time. Can I just walk into specsavers/an optometrist and be like “yo can I get these tested?” and it’s a 5 minute job, or is more involved than that?

If you're cheap, wait for summer, hold them over your arm for a while and see if they protect your skin from sunburns

If you're less cheap, buy a UV light tester (they cost less than 10 bucks iirc) and see if they let that light through

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Spud 69 posted:

Piss is stored in the balls. Balls are stored in the urethra.

So what's in the blockchain?

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I ended up going to an optometrist on the way home from work today to get my sunglasses tested (I bought them partially for walking home in the afternoon) and they had a machine there that is supposed to be able to do it but none of the 3 attendants on the floor knew how to make it do the uv test. I’m going to take the other sunglasses I got off Ali with me tomorrow and try again and hope there’s someone there who knows how to work the thing this time. If I get any results I’ll report back to the thread

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MrUnderbridge posted:

So what's in the blockchain?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Enkmar posted:

Was this program sponsored or produced by Luxottica by any chance?
It was some border patrol type program on the BBC, so I'm guessing not.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When you make the realization that you can put pillowcase artwork on drink bottles

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Anime-JK-Game-NieR-Automata-YoRHa-No-2-Type-B-2B-No-9-Type-S-9S/32961721083.html?channel=twinner

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can also put arm and head holes in them and wear them like a tunic.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cmon mang, how am I supposed to fit my silicone masturbator sleeve through this narrow hole? And how will I extract it later for cleaning?
That's not a well thought out product.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

By popular demand posted:

Cmon mang, how am I supposed to fit my silicone masturbator sleeve through this narrow hole? And how will I extract it later for cleaning?
That's not a well thought out product.

Well if you're going for the total Nier experience, i'm assuming you would just gently caress metal.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Ughh now AliExpress is trying to sell me Durex products.

A counterfeit condom really isn't how I want to make a new child.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They may send you an actual child instead to save money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Joke's on you both, the condom is made both by and from children.