Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I am still waiting for evidence to show someone walking upside down on a piece of terrain that has someone else walking normal on it in a no gravity situation.
They don't have it (will never have it) because it isn't a 3d game at all just a bunch of 2d planes getting floated around each other.

You should be able to have someone fly a retaliator upside down to one of the landing pads and then have the guy walk out off the ramp and be upside down to the station landing pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well at least if creating a moon and they gently caress up the scaling I guess you can make that selling point.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/921384660701081601

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/fyxucOz.gifv

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

6 years 160 million

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Mr.Tophat posted:

The sound of this house of cards falling down is going to be so satisfying, we haven't even gotten to the primary structure collapsing yet, just the odd card pirouetting out of position. I can't wait. I can't wait! :munch:

They've always relied on the $20M Q4 brings in and I always thought there would come a point in time where one year instead of $20M they'd bring in $10M and that is when things would fall off a cliff because suddenly their budgeting is way off and probably can't be recovered from.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

They've always relied on the $20M Q4 brings in and I always thought there would come a point in time where one year instead of $20M they'd bring in $10M and that is when things would fall off a cliff because suddenly their budgeting is way off and probably can't be recovered from.

Yeah but every year we all think that it is completely impossible for cultists to be stupid enough to toss tens of millions at them again and every year without fail they throw tens of millions at concept art, scripted trailers and demos so fake a child could understand it's not the actual game they bought.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Latin Pheonix posted:

if they do intend on selling a 'limited' amount of this new ship
Have you ever seen a single person anywhere say "I wanted to buy the $1,000 ship but they said they had none left"?

They intend to sell as many as they can. Implying false scarcity is a tactic they've used before. It's shady as gently caress and transparently horseshit, yet backers seem to give zero shits about it.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Virtual Captain posted:

I can guarantee it'll be a number they pull out of their rear end instead of doing asking a focus group or looking at data about their previous sales.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's a helluva deal. Thanks.

Wow, I just spotted that, I don't even care about Steam Link but for a 98% price reduction and a good game, I'll take it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:vince:
:five::five::five:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

tooterfish posted:

Have you ever seen a single person anywhere say "I wanted to buy the $1,000 ship but they said they had none left"?

They intend to sell as many as they can. Implying false scarcity is a tactic they've used before. It's shady as gently caress and transparently horseshit, yet backers seem to give zero shits about it.

Oh I don't doubt that for a nanosecond, I'm just wondering aloud whether they have some kind of internal target they need to hit to keep going to the holiday livestream.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

peter gabriel posted:

reddit are now convinced this new chariot will let you build bases wherever you want and charge people rent on those bases, in this way $850 is good value you see

But what happens when someone builds their lovely base on top of croberts' procedurally hand crafted terrain poi? Welp, that used to be the secret underground lair of the infamous dread pirate crobits where your mission was supposed to happen... now it's a space titty bar.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Latin Pheonix posted:

Wow, I just spotted that, I don't even care about Steam Link but for a 98% price reduction and a good game, I'll take it.

To be honest, the Steam Link works quite well.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope the new ship is a some sort of base-building thing. Can't wait for the inevitable video of pgabz glitching into the cockpit and blasting off across space in someone's weed farm, screaming "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!"

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

no_recall posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16172-The-Shipyard-Ship-Technical-Information

Is it just me or are they slowly copying Elite : Dangerous, the game that they hate so much?

"Copying Elite Dangerous" technically has never been done before. So they're still breaking new ground. And ED was self published by Frontier, so "copy of Elite Dangerous" is something "no publisher would ever do. "

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Derek threatening lawsuits against a bunch of random people on the internet? What year is it?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

big nipples big life posted:

Derek threatening lawsuits against a bunch of random people on the internet? What year is it?

By that metric the current year is every year

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

This loving moron is actually suggesting that backers reporting and/or trying to get their money back, is illegal. And the guy who created the thread he's mad about, is somehow promoting illegal activity. :vince:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hey, I only was 6% off. I can now add JPEG-expert to the good old CV

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Hope those people who got refunds enjoy their years in prison. - an insane person

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Weird, I'm banned from /r/DS because I spoke out against their racist, harassing ways but I guess I wasn't a good enough martyr. :(

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
When I cashed out in 2014, I satirically suggested on the forums that CIG consider pursuing legal action against its customers that got refunds. At the time, the few responses I got before Maul or whoever closed the thread gave the impression that the die hard fans weren't fanatical cultists willing do go down with the ship.

Interesting to see how much of the kool-aid they've all consumed since then...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The real reason I never refunded is no way I am going back to jail

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Hey, I only was 6% off. I can now add JPEG-expert to the good old CV

:hfive:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Krycek posted:

But what happens when someone builds their lovely base on top of croberts' procedurally hand crafted terrain poi? Welp, that used to be the secret underground lair of the infamous dread pirate crobits where your mission was supposed to happen... now it's a space titty bar.

I would love to see CIG sending Ben or Jared to defend how CIG allow its playerbase to build vitual titty bars Vs the usual web feminist accusing all gamers of being chauvinistic pigs.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah, ask that guy from Fairbanks, Alaska how that worked out.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Lando and Lesnick are babbling at a camera rn https://go.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

When they ask you why you're in just tell them you like to diddle kids and hope they're a fellow backer.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

THEY ARE ALWAYS WORKING ON loving ANIMATIONS

And nice that the hand pat doesnt actually touch the crate.
Good job

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Lando and Lesnick are babbling at a camera rn https://go.twitch.tv/starcitizen

I got about 20 seconds in before giving up on trying to count Bens elbow folds. :(

I honestly can't watch them, they reek of smugness and self back patting. :barf:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

happyhippy posted:

THEY ARE ALWAYS WORKING ON loving ANIMATIONS

And nice that the hand pat doesnt actually touch the crate.
Good job

My thought as well. After a hernia inducing lift of some object I always give a gentle hand pat.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

happyhippy posted:

loving ANIMATIONS
Uh... Have I missed something in the recent atvs?

Oh, wait

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 20, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

When they ask you why you're in just tell them you like to diddle kids and hope they're a fellow backer.

Anyone else hoping that's exactly what a certain community member did when he was chucked in the clink?

"Hello fellow prisoners, I am a star citizen... hey stop stabbing me!"

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Quick note that the reason Jester thinks the thread has been removed is because he reported it, which causes reddit to remove it from your screen. It's still stickied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sirens roaring somewhere in a Florida legal firm.

Legal barking.