Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Dish posted:

my map screen doesnt have the percentage wtf

this. Is there a way to uncover it?

digital copy of the U version will be fine just possibly more expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

snoremac posted:

Does lighting all the lanterns with blue fire in Hateno do anything?

I'm not sure... I thought I got all of them around town but found a few more north of town. Does anyone know if lighting them all does anything? They seem to stay lit thru blood moons and such

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zore posted:

There should have been a Korok champion too.

Who do you think you are?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Gejnor posted:

Hello, hi.

So im thinking of getting this to my Wii-U because i wont get a switch for just one game.

Disc Copies of the game are extremely sparse at the moment where i am (Sweden) due to demand, is the Digital version still alright or is it a bad choice for whatever reason?

And yes i am a bit bummed out at not getting the actual box but i can live with that.

I'd be happy to buy you a US copy and mail it to you if you like. I have no idea if it would work on your system, but if you covered all the costs, I'd be happy to do it. I have Amazon Prime, so I could get a copy for $48 USD, plus whatever it would cost to mail to you.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

grinnin like a maniac at all the little Links Awakening namedrops in Akkala

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kirios posted:

Though...this isn't a game that's going to get hated on 2-3 months afterwards, ala a MGSV (Another excellent game, but one that has much more aggressive problems in my opinion). History is going to look back on this game very fondly, and if this is a game you don't like, I'd expect to have to defend your points every time it gets brought up.

I think history will look fondly on MGSV also, but it is all personal taste. Both of these are terrific games in my book. I spent 150 hours or so on that game, the gameplay is to me so good it's sublime. And I actually really liked the minimalist story as well.

parallelodad posted:

You know what's crazy? I've played this forty hours. I've done one dungeon.

Ditto, only I haven't even done the first dungeon yet. I've played a lot pretty much every day, and I only just got around to doing the Hateno stuff today. I did like how my exploring a bit in random directions for hours here and there paid off, since I recognized one of the far off memory photo ops I needed. Hot drat this game is good times.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 9, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I just found Gerudo sex ed class. Oh god.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Runcible Cat posted:

I just found Gerudo sex ed class. Oh god.

The "cooking" class?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

XtraSmiley posted:

I'd be happy to buy you a US copy and mail it to you if you like. I have no idea if it would work on your system, but if you covered all the costs, I'd be happy to do it. I have Amazon Prime, so I could get a copy for $48 USD, plus whatever it would cost to mail to you.

Well its too late and all that jazz but thanks for the offer anyways, had a chat with another goon who has the game. Ive already started the download for it, it'll be done in about 2 hours or so.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Got a question about armor skills
Do they work on Monster Hunter rules where they activate only if you're wearing the full set or will only wearing say, the climbing bandanna improve my climbing a bit but wearing the full climbing set will improve it a whole lot?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wearing one or two pieces of a set will improve it a bit, wearing all three gives you a bonus on top of that. If you go to equip screen you can see what effects your current outfit has just to the left of Link.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
What's the solution to the "piercing the northwest sky from the tower's shadow" riddle?"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where do you get the climbing bandanna from? :nyoron:

Just beat the 4th dungeon. Kinda don't want to go to the Castle just yet. Gonna put in a couple hundred hours into exploring the land first :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

snoremac posted:

What's the solution to the "piercing the northwest sky from the tower's shadow" riddle?"

If it's the shrine I'm thinking of, think about how you got the fire arrows in OoT

Infinitum posted:

Where do you get the climbing bandanna from? :nyoron:

Just beat the 4th dungeon. Kinda don't want to go to the Castle just yet. Gonna put in a couple hundred hours into exploring the land first :v:
The shrine that's between Dueling Peaks.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Calaveron posted:

If it's the shrine I'm thinking of, think about how you got the fire arrows in OoT

That's what I think I'm doing. I'm standing on the tower when the sun reaches the northwest sky and shooting arrows at it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

snoremac posted:

That's what I think I'm doing. I'm standing on the tower when the sun reaches the northwest sky and shooting arrows at it.

Same mistake I made. Stand on the platform down below, shoot at the sun as it crests the tower's apex.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought the Master Sword couldn't run out of energy during dungeons but APPARENTLY IT CAN

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It's funny talking to my friends who are done with all the divine beasts and whatnot who are rushin along, only to mention things like "did you buy your house" and have them have no idea what I'm talking about

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Same mistake I made. Stand on the platform down below, shoot at the sun as it crests the tower's apex.

Ah right. Thanks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Escobarbarian posted:

I thought the Master Sword couldn't run out of energy during dungeons but APPARENTLY IT CAN

Only time the Master Sword has infinite energy is in the presence of evil. The Divine Beasts aren't evil, but the bosses sure are...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If it's glowing, it's good. If not, it's just a sword that can lose durability.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
The Mount Lanayru dragon fight/puzzle thing was INCREDIBLE. 120% worth the slog of a hike it was to get up the mountain in the first place.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The "cooking" class?
No, she runs a daytime class too. "Voes and You"...

Not in the same place, it's the classroom by the guard barracks.

(Risa FTW. That girl's got a future.)

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 9, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Maple Leaf posted:

The Mount Lanayru dragon fight/puzzle thing was INCREDIBLE. 120% worth the slog of a hike it was to get up the mountain in the first place.

I stumbled upon that totally by accident after failing at reading comprehension for a completely separate thing, and I was super impressed. I wasn't expecting such a huge event to just be out there in the overworld to wander into.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 9, 2017

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I'm in the first area that's not the Great Plateau and I've came across some undamaged metal crates that seem to be made out of adamantium because I cannot get these fuckers open. Is there a trick to this? I've tried blowing them up, stasis and blasting them across the zone with my sledgehammer but nothing seems to work.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't help but be thoroughly impressed with the variety in the shrines. A lot of them have different ways to get through them, and it's really cool how much variety they have managed to create out of just a few abilities. There is an old adage that restriction breeds creativity, and the shrines exemplify that in spades.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Linx posted:

I'm in the first area that's not the Great Plateau and I've came across some undamaged metal crates that seem to be made out of adamantium because I cannot get these fuckers open. Is there a trick to this? I've tried blowing them up, stasis and blasting them across the zone with my sledgehammer but nothing seems to work.
Dunno about opening them, but they're quite handy for taking the magnet power and slamming them upside the head of nearby enemies. Saves weapon durability! :v:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Linx posted:

The bigger metal ones can't be broken. Use them as weapons, platforms, or to break the smaller metal ones.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Speaking of that, I really need to start using Magnesis more often. I guarantee I've walked by like 2 dozen bodies of water without scanning them for metal objects.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Set Sheikah Sensor to Treasure Chests and you'll never forget again :sun: especially because you've probably walked past some that are half buried in the ground under some tall grass

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I can't help but be thoroughly impressed with the variety in the shrines. A lot of them have different ways to get through them, and it's really cool how much variety they have managed to create out of just a few abilities. There is an old adage that restriction breeds creativity, and the shrines exemplify that in spades.

Speaking of, what's everyone's favorite shrine? So far, mine was Ka'am Yatak, the shrine closest to the Central Hyrule Tower. It's easily the longest shrine I've done, unless you count Eventide Island, and the way it builds up is a ton of fun. You go through like five physics puzzles all about getting a big stone ball to open stone doors for you, with occasional breaks to fight a couple of mini-guardians, and culminating with a really satisfying battering ram to open the last door. They know you've earned it by then, so you just Stasis the battering ram and blast the door open with it and it owns.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Well after 30 hours I finally decided to adopt a horse. I rescued him from the moblins that were probably treating him terrible, but in doing so I accidentally shot him when he was charging at me mounted by a moblin. he was so pretty and brown I had to pay him back by making him mine. Within the 30 second ride to the stable I already had him at max bond and he's got 2 in every stat besides 3 stamina and a gentle nature. Good boy.

I named him Rudolph btw

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Harrow posted:

Speaking of, what's everyone's favorite shrine? So far, mine was Ka'am Yatak, the shrine closest to the Central Hyrule Tower. It's easily the longest shrine I've done, unless you count Eventide Island, and the way it builds up is a ton of fun. You go through like five physics puzzles all about getting a big stone ball to open stone doors for you, with occasional breaks to fight a couple of mini-guardians, and culminating with a really satisfying battering ram to open the last door. They know you've earned it by then, so you just Stasis the battering ram and blast the door open with it and it owns.

I like Ka'am Yatak cause it sounds like someone from Boston telling you to shut up.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

EDIT: In this post, Harrow is a loving idiot :v:

The Walrus posted:

Well after 30 hours I finally decided to adopt a horse. I accidentally shot him when he was charging at me with a moblin on him and he was so pretty and brown I had to pay him back by making him mine. Within the 30 second ride to the stable I already had him at max bond and he's got 2 in every stat besides 3 stamina and a gentle nature. Good boy.

I named him Rudolph btw

I suspect that if you rescue a horse from a bokoblin they get a big boost to their bond with you, because every time I've done that the horses never even try to buck me off and always have max bond when I get them to the stable. (Either that or "bond" is just the game's way of showing you "compliance" and the bokoblins have already broken the horse in, but I like my interpretation better :v:)

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 9, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Harrow posted:

I suspect that if you rescue a horse from a bokoblin they get a big boost to their bond with you, because every time I've done that the horses never even try to buck me off and always have max bond when I get them to the stable. (Either that or "bond" is just the game's way of showing you "compliance" and the bokoblins have already broken the horse in, but I like my interpretation better :v:)

That matches my anecdotal experience, too. My first horse was a white with green(?) spots and mane that I rescued from a bokoblin rider. I named it Henlo :3:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I do have one kinda big complaint with this game: armor upgrading. Specifically, grinding upgrade materials for certain pieces, like the Champion's Tunic.

Really, Nintendo? You really thought dailies would be a good thing to put in your open-world single-player game? Because you can only get one dragon part from each dragon each day, and you need two horn shards per upgrade level of the Champion's Tunic past the first. I wanna wear the tunic on the cover and have good defense with it, Nintendo, but to do that I'm basically playin' World of Warcraft here, making sure I don't miss my dailies.

I don't mind the idea on paper, but I think maybe defense didn't need to scale as aggressively as it does so there could maybe be fewer upgrade levels and/or maybe even just one (no upgrade, or make it "fairy-touched" to unlock set bonuses), then just have each Great Fairy do something different for you so you still feel compelled to find and power up all of them.

Just...just set a fire and fast forward to the next day instantly..?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

yeah I've never had to wait for anything I just go to a town and sit by a fire.

I didn't even know horse stats and stables were a thing, that's crazy. Right now I'm more invested in trying to find that goddamn treeman after he fled the Kakariko area. I only just ventured into Zora Country so I guess I have to go the opposite way and follow the Hylia river. Is there an easier way to get close to the Castle without alerting all those rear end in a top hat Guardians?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Wait, I thought it was on a real-life timer and not an in-game timer, like ore respawns. Am I horribly misled?

EDIT: Or... are ore respawns also not on a real-life timer...?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Bringing logic into the Zelda thread

##vote Kashuno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Do the Amiibo clothing sets have set bonuses?