Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i really don't think youd be making such a big deal out of my coat made out of human skin if i were a man

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

hahaha "I made an exaggerated thumbs down in a move calculated to draw outsize public attention to my voting against a policy that has popular support, that my party claims to support, and that I myself claimed to support in the past, and it is sexist to point out my hypocrisy" jfc :thermidor:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lmfao the precious few seconds that were cut before the thumbs down are even worse

https://twitter.com/mmcauliff/status/1367974983968899073?s=19

Wow this post is pretty sexist, dare I say...problematic. do better

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bootleg Trunks posted:

The doomposters were right all along, Austin

Greyjoy step down

Were they claiming that the $15 minimum wage would be passed or what?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol ok klobb

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Please don't put it in the news when I do a little end-zone dance on the grave of the American worker, it's sexist

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Alright Microsoft if you merge with Google or Apple we might need to have a real talk!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

remember when we had a whole week of public hand wringing over whether an elderly man wearing a coat and gloves in winter wasnt showing obsequious enough body language for a ceremony

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i love this stupid hosed up world

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

i love this stupid hosed up world

actually, it sucks

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

She's going out of her way to prove every chud stereotype about libs correct

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
very sexist to get mad at her for condemning millions of women to poverty

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It does kind of suck that Sinema is going to end up being a sin-eater for the other five pieces of poo poo that voted against it, but oh well.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

this is gonna haunt the democrat party for years lmfao

Oh we're going to see it in a million gop attack ads

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
keep hammering the identitarian button democrats, people are getting more and more sick of it and you're just making people angrier for doing it

undoing decades of progress that while imperfect, is just now being completely trashed by academic discourses being co-opted by capital

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vox Nihili posted:

This vote is probably the best litmus test we're going to get for some time. Only the most useless loving assholes voted against the amendment.

You can tell it's a good one because both of the Delaware fuckos gave us a mask off no vote.

Those two are, theoretically, closest to Biden, and he couldn't even manage/try to whip them to vote for it. Which only makes sense if Biden doesnt support it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

1stGear posted:

It does kind of suck that Sinema is going to end up being a sin-eater for the other five pieces of poo poo that voted against it, but oh well.

She could have voted against the bill like a normal person but, well, yknow

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

With the current COVID-19 pandemic response policies in place (e.g., one stimulus check as
well as the extra $600 in weekly unemployment benefits and currently approved SNAP waivers
available only through the end of July), we project a 2020 annual poverty rate of 9.2 percent
(29.3 million people in poverty, using our definition).
◼ Without the stimulus checks or the currently enacted SNAP and unemployment benefit
expansions, the annual poverty rate would have been more than 3 points higher, at 12.4
percent (39.5 million people).
◼ The COVID-19 pandemic response policies reduced poverty for all racial and ethnic groups. For
Black non-Hispanic people, the annual poverty rate is estimated to be 15.2 percent with the
policies in place, but it would have reached 20.5 percent without them. For Hispanic people, the
annual poverty rate is projected to be 13.7 percent with the policies and 18.2 percent without.
Among white non-Hispanic people, the projected rates are 6.6 percent with the policies and
place and 9.0 percent without.
◼ The COVID-19 pandemic response will keep over 10 million people out of poverty this year,
including 2.1 million Black non-Hispanic people, 2.7 million Hispanic people, and 5.9 million
white non-Hispanic people.
◼ We project state poverty rates ranging from 4.9 percent (in Hawaii) to 14.3 percent (in Mississippi)
with the pandemic response policies in place as currently enacted.Without the policies, we project
poverty rates in those two states of 7.1 percent and 19.0 percent, respectively.

https://www.urban.org/sites/default/files/publication/102521/2020-poverty-projections.pdf

THANK YOU PRESIDENT--

Raskolnikov38 posted:

looking at some graphs clinton might technically win because it went down roughly 4% over the course of his entire presidency

oh come on

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I'm guessing 90% of the non-check stimulus is going to vanish into rich peoples' pockets anyway

and hell the checks too if they think they can get away with it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The libs constant use of weaponizing idpol is going to result in some really nasty backlash against minorities and vulnerable groups, especially when they do this loving poo poo.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

The libs constant use of weaponizing idpol is going to result in some really nasty backlash against minorities and vulnerable groups, especially when they do this loving poo poo.
The absolute last thing you want in this country is for the white majority to identify itself as white.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Breakfast All Day posted:

remember when we had a whole week of public hand wringing over whether an elderly man wearing a coat and gloves in winter wasnt showing obsequious enough body language for a ceremony

It was very sexist

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hello Tom. This is Joe. I really need your vote on the stimulus and especially the 15 dollar minimum wage. This is my signature legislation, it was a campaign promise of mine, and to vote it down would make me and the party look bad. We served in the senate together for decades, do me a solid will ya? C'mon man.

lol no fuk u

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Shipon posted:

keep hammering the identitarian button democrats, people are getting more and more sick of it and you're just making people angrier for doing it

undoing decades of progress that while imperfect, is just now being completely trashed by academic discourses being co-opted by capital

How many supposedly radical academic theoreticians were funded by the CIA specifically to create alternative, non-Marxist, and more divided and easily controllable forms of dissent

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol Liz is just happy that there's someone with worse political instincts than her

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Eh, we're never gonna see Shadowrun style megacorporations replacing states, there's not enough profit in picking up the last scraps.

Remember that every cyberpunk trend is 40 % lamer once it happens in reality

Don't allow your sensibilities to blind you to the possibilities corporations see in corporate fiefdoms. They're actively trying to make corporate-run counties in Nevada because they think there's plenty of opportunity to profit from an expanded company town model.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
And now, USPOL is happy with Manchin again.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol Liz is just happy that there's someone with worse political instincts than her

liz would have dabbed

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

1stGear posted:

She volunteered for the post.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Tfw you become your own caricature.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

She's going out of her way to prove every chud stereotype about libs correct

It's like they want backlash so that they can attack it and use it to either distract from or justify their robberies and other misdeeds.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1367998386625015821

:hmmyes:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
prosperity is back b*tch
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1368003204424884231

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I think this is the only scenario where corporate news may have incentive to object, because criticizing a viral video that can be a ratings and therefore profit-grabber puts them directly at odds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Angus King, who isn't even a democrat,