Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sylphid posted:

In other game mechanics, I usually just let the "Conversation" tab stuff drone in the background while I'm doing stuff, just for the rewards, but sometimes you'll come across really amusing skits, even if you can barely understand anything that's being talked about. Oh sure, I catch "idol" every now and then, but still. I only post this because I watched Kawashima Mizuki's skits, and having one of the older idols trying to act like a 13-15 year old idol (Shibuya Rin notwithstanding) was hilarious.

And of course, anything involving Nao is great, too. For some reason her tsundere act is hilarious to me, and, as we all know, Nao was outed as a huge dork in the anime.

I'd like Kawashima a lot better if she was just "newscaster" or whatever, rather than "also sometimes I act like someone acting 15 and it's horrible in every regard." It's genuinely unpleasant to listen to, in part because how else would you convey 'anime character acting like an anime character' besides going too far into the vocal abyss

But a lot of those commus are actually pretty good, even if you can only convince yourself you understood like a third of them.

Polsy posted:

I can't do those completely consistently because my fingers get in the way of each other, like I don't even have giant fingers or a tiny phone. I guess the secret answer to this is 'actually you can offset them a fair amount vertically and the note still counts' and I don't like that you have to use that kind of meta-game stuff instead of being able to play the song as written (see also: slides that cross over each other)

The only song I can think of with crossover slides is Hotel Moonlight, though. I mean, there's some nasty switchbacks and stuff, but if it just hooks back on itself, like the end of Rockin' Emotion, it isn't too bad (not that I can actually manage to do those four-in-a-row in time, but still). It did take a while to get used to doing parallel slides with two thumbs, but that does work way better, not that I've managed to not gently caress up say, Everyday Daydream.

Polsy posted:

They are! (or at least, the one I actually checked was) I also never noticed this before, not least because half the time superhard is only available on songs where you can't play the easier difficulties. It's not like wildly different, but the objects in the stage background were changed up a bit.

Ah, I'd never have noticed then, because I just play in 2d. At least they didn't split up the hard/superhard MV options the way they did the initial songs with the rotating SH stable.

IAmTheRad posted:

I managed to get two of the cute SRs as random drops. I really needed her to fill out my Cute team which only recently with her got up to 3 SRs.

My Cool team has 3 SSRs, my Passion has 4.

Still an amazing distribution.

e. Also hey lets talk about straight-up twitter AMVs, because I guess that's a thing now.
https://twitter.com/hirokism/status/753216583007293440
https://twitter.com/K_56__/status/751805707389771776

Something for everyone, assuming everyone likes LL or IM@SCG

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

Something for everyone, assuming everyone likes LL or IM@SCG

That is a wild assumption to make in the idol thread.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well there's nothing there for aikatsu types or pripara or macross or OG IM@S or whatever.

Just giving a fair warning.

I mean, if you can tell that the second one is LL from the text and someone's thighs, that's pretty impressive, actually.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
EDIT: I'm REALLY good at watching the current page to prevent reposting

yeah this.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

The only song I can think of with crossover slides is Hotel Moonlight, though.

It probably is just Hotel Moonside, but it irritates me every time.

Well, that and

even though that's more doable, at least theoretically

Polsy fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 14, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Gah, Pro S(mile)ING! is killing me. There was one maneuver where you have to slide left on the far right at the same time as simply hitting the circle once on the far left that I was hung up on for a while, but I've finally managed to get a good rhythm on that thing. One time I managed to get up to and past that moment on the starting combo, but a stupid mistake shortly thereafter cost me my combo and any worth that attempt had. That's usually how it goes for me, though.

I'm going to get an S-rank score and combo on that song if it kills me.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
My bad... In the friends list stuff, I thought the right button was to confirm the request, left to deny. I've kept clicking the right button, assuming I had accepted them. Now I feel bad for all the nice folks who friended me, and my ignorance denied them :(

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

My bad... In the friends list stuff, I thought the right button was to confirm the request, left to deny. I've kept clicking the right button, assuming I had accepted them. Now I feel bad for all the nice folks who friended me, and my ignorance denied them :(

Ah, that crossed my mind earlier when I saw the request wasn't there but you weren't in the list either. Consider yourself rerequested.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Now that that's settled, I need to find out how to take a screenshot of my room. It's finally in a position where I can say "Yes, this is the theme I went with, and I finally have acquired the money to do what I want". I'm actually quite proud of it. There's Cute, Cool, and Passion areas of my cafe, all roughly the same size, with three entrances to each. There's a common area that connects to all three, and an "entrance area", where an idol might buy a meal, for example. I'm not entirely done with it, though. I think I can add something small to the Passion area (maybe Pinya), and posters to the Cool and Cute areas.

But I'm in a good place right now.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

On iOS it's "hold home & sleep" to take a screenshot in whatever, donno about android (or if it even has a single universal one, really). Also if you haven't fiddled with it, the icon with the two arrows expanding outward in the upper right hides the UI, for your optimal screen-shooting needs.

Polsy posted:

It probably is just Hotel Moonside, but it irritates me every time.

Well, that and

even though that's more doable, at least theoretically

Thankfully, M+ isn't a regular feature. Although the biggest problem with that is that you'd have to remember which side to overlap, like the LRLRLR in Tulip or certain full-screen-to-hold slides, like in Angel Breeze.

It's rather difficult to cross over your hands to do some tapping because you chose poorly.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Ah, here we are. On Galaxy S7, it's Home button and power button at the same time. Simple as pie.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Zenostein posted:

It's rather difficult to cross over your hands to do some tapping because you chose poorly.

They like to assume I'm going to use my right hand for the middle. I've gotten reasonably good at playing the side with my left ring finger.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Christmas Cake posted:

They like to assume I'm going to use my right hand for the middle. I've gotten reasonably good at playing the side with my left ring finger.

There's a couple things where I'll say "oh, a L -> R slide? I'll use my left thumb then" and that is the bad thing and now I have to somehow use my right thumb, while holding the phone, to hit a couple notes on the left side. :( I thought there was a bad version, but there's just feels good man???????

Also, SS is really keen on making you go past the centerline, so I don't think they particularly care what 'side' you want to use for the middle. Some songs really want you to do other stuff with your right right after a hold or a switchback slide or whatever in the middle.

In an unrelated note, that lantern looked like she had a stupid hat.
I'm not sure how I would feel about a toho nico, but I am very pleased with the ninja. Also with now having a proper UR for each color. :toot:

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

The switches are mostly telegraphed but sometimes you end up with a hold on the middle with no other indication. Why not do whatever's more comfortable there?
At least they're better about it now.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

It is a CRIME that Hajime Fujiwara is not voiced. What is this world coming to?

Sometimes I wonder how the suits at Namco-Bandai sleep at night.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sylphid posted:

Ah, here we are. On Galaxy S7, it's Home button and power button at the same time. Simple as pie.

you can even swipe the whole screen horizontally with the side of your hand.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Would I be totally off-base in saying there's basically no point in using Normal or Normal+ cards after you build up a healthy stock (let's say about 10) of Rs, SRs, and / or SSRs?

There's always building affection for getting the skits / rewards, but since they're basically a non-entity when it comes to getting good Live scores, I can't see a good reason to ever use them after a point.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

There's always building affection for getting the skits / rewards, but since they're basically a non-entity when it comes to getting good Live scores, I can't see a good reason to ever use them after a point.

Yeah, I just max affection and then toss them. If you suddenly decide you really want them for some reason they'll turn up again in gacha sooner or later.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sylphid posted:

It is a CRIME that Hajime Fujiwara is not voiced. What is this world coming to?

Sometimes I wonder how the suits at Namco-Bandai sleep at night.

Natalia says hi.

Or she would.

IF SHE HAD A VOICE.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Christmas Cake posted:

The switches are mostly telegraphed but sometimes you end up with a hold on the middle with no other indication. Why not do whatever's more comfortable there?
At least they're better about it now.

Yeah, some songs are amazing at leading you in the right direction.

Some songs want you to suffer horribly.

Still glad I have a small-ish phone, because poo poo like "2-up adjacent far left/right" would probably require a weird-rear end grip, at the least, to manage with anything bigger. That or thumb extensions.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Natalia says hi.

Or she would.

IF SHE HAD A VOICE.

Layla would agree, but her japanese is so bad it's somehow become inaudible. Weird, eh?

Also a while back we were having a nice chat about getting 250 gems for 250 days login bonus. You also get 250 gems for 300 days, so gently caress knows what the interval actually is. But there's that to look forward to, I guess.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also a while back we were having a nice chat about getting 250 gems for 250 days login bonus. You also get 250 gems for 300 days, so gently caress knows what the interval actually is. But there's that to look forward to, I guess.

*checks date of 250-day post* uhh, I'm going to hope I skipped through that while I wasn't really paying attention, rather than I broke my chain at some point

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://schoolido.lu/urpairs/

It's all over now....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hanayo's feet and Nico's feet...

Are you trying to tell us something, Umi????

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you don't have the other card in the pair it looks like Umi collects severed legs

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moldy Taxes posted:

if you don't have the other card in the pair it looks like Umi collects severed legs

OP sympathizes with Umi's leg fetish.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope you understand this reference OP.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Seeing the old and new UR overlays side-by-side made me realize that the new overlays are kind of disappointing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I hope you understand this reference OP.

is this an obscure reference to me identifying with Hori-senpai from GSNK and how he really likes legs

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sure, fine

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

is this an obscure reference to me identifying with Hori-senpai from GSNK and how he really likes legs

Good job.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was nice knowing everyone but I'm gonna go die now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The LIttle Devil set is real good.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

uh, well, you see, the thing is *begins sweating profusely*

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The LIttle Devil set is real good.

This set is phenomenal.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I've finally done it.

Less than a week after I start playing Starlight Stage, I finally manage to Full Combo a song on Pro. Sure, S(mile)ing! is definitely the easiest of the Pro songs I've completed, but it still feels like a big accomplishment to me.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Nice, good song choice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sylphid posted:

I've finally done it.

Less than a week after I start playing Starlight Stage, I finally manage to Full Combo a song on Pro. Sure, S(mile)ing! is definitely the easiest of the Pro songs I've completed, but it still feels like a big accomplishment to me.

S(mile)ing! is a good song and I like that it's Sing + Smile.

I was eh at first but the song really grew on me during my attempts to FC it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

S(mile)ing! is a good song and I like that it's Sing + Smile.

I was eh at first but the song really grew on me during my attempts to FC it.

It's the best and the end of episode 24 is also the best.

These are the only correct opinions.

Speaking of incorrect, I finally had enough Rins and I did the rin song with a not-all rin team because I wasn't paying attention and now I'm sad. Especially since I drew a nice SR Rin I can feed all my inferior Rs into.

So far I've gone from 7 spaces free to 26! And I idolized an SR for the first time and now I'm hella disappointed because this Eli is more interesting with the morning glory than with a morning glory-patterned skirt.

All I need is one more nozomi and then I can convert all these cards into stickers that I will shortly forget about.

Well, at least I cleared out the present box, finally. Almost 200 Ns, collected like, seven at a go…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i played s(mile)ing at least five times today. it's good.