Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

I mean, he literally mentioned that he talked about clinics but she puts on a tinfoil hat and says she doesn't trust them.

No clinics, must gently caress.

Man that's a pretty good #lifehack

I wonder how much poo poo you can get away with by claiming you don't trust some arbitrary group

Sorry, we can't get married because I don't trust the clergy, and I can't use condoms because there's something about that shifty latex industry I just can't put my finger on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Lol at this guy

My [20F] girlfriend is sleeping in the hospital. I [20M] was told I should stay, but I felt it was okay to go back to our hotel. Now I feel bad - should I feel this way or am I overthinking?

quote:

My girlfriend and I are on vacation in Vietnam. She got horribly sick earlier and started puking without stop for almost 2 hours. I brought her to a hospital and she was told to spend the night there and I was told I should too, but I didn’t as I would’ve had to sleep in a room with 4 Vietnamese patients who were coughing and I didn’t feel comfortable doing that as I was concerned about cleanliness, and my girlfriend is feeling much better to the point where I’m positive she’d be able to go home if we were back in Canada. I’m going to take care of all her packing as we’re checking out tomorrow.

I asked her if it was okay to go and she said she didn’t mind, and I gave her her Nintendo switch for entertainment. I gave the doctors my number and told them to call me in case of an emergency. Still, I feel bad for leaving her. Should I have stayed?

TL;DR: my girlfriend is sleeping in the hospital and I went home. Should I feel bad?

Oh ok you're all set comfortably here in this vietnamese hospital well I'll be back at the Hyatt watching Dr Phil and hitting the minibar :hellyeah:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Whorelord posted:

Gf [24F] wants to quit working because of severe anxiety. She wants my support. I [27M] don't know.

:sever:

"Of course you can move in! With your parents. Who are not me. Good luck making that whole never-working-again thing fly with them. :)"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad that dude is like “wait a minute, Im not actually very invested in this leech of a person and could instead find someone who will help me retire at 45”

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lol at this guy

My [20F] girlfriend is sleeping in the hospital. I [20M] was told I should stay, but I felt it was okay to go back to our hotel. Now I feel bad - should I feel this way or am I overthinking?

Oh ok you're all set comfortably here in this vietnamese hospital well I'll be back at the Hyatt watching Dr Phil and hitting the minibar :hellyeah:

Ham Sandwiches, I don't think they gave him a bed and I don't think they'd let him use hers

basically his options are (a) go to sleep, or (b) pull an all-nighter for no reason other than to keep himself present in a situation where he is completely unable to help in any way

I once had to take my wife to the ER at like 1 AM, and I'm completely comfortable admitting I went home to sleep from 3:30 to 8:30 because there was no reason for me to be present and with 5 hours of sleep I was actually capable of driving her home the next morning

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

This one is pretty high on the all time ice cold post-o-meter, imo

My [34F] mother [66F] as a teenager gave up a child in a closed adoption. Decades later, that grown-up child [50sM] tracked down our family, and my mother denied him a relationship. Now my brother [29M] needs a life-saving transplant. Can we contact Half-Bro to see if he's a donor match?

quote:

TL;DR at the bottom. Thank you very much for reading.

My mother got pregnant at sixteen years old. This was in the mid-1960s in a extremely conservative state, and her family was working-class Irish-Catholic. My grandparents did not believe in abortion, and probably couldn’t have afforded to send my mom to some place where it was safe or legal, anyway.

So my mom went away for the last four or five months of her pregnancy to a “school” run by the church and attended by other teenage girls in her unfortunate situation. The child was born healthy and was quickly adopted. It was a closed adoption, so no contact between the adoptive parents and the birth family.

The experience irreparably damaged my mother’s relationships with her parents and (to a lesser extent) her younger sister. When she returned after giving the baby up, my grandparents were not subtle in their opinion that she was “tarnished goods,” and “loose,” and “ungodly,” and etc etc bullshit religious misogyny. They are coldly formal to her even now fifty years later. Her sister, four years younger and quite impressionable, followed her parents’ example until she was in college, grew up a little, and finally reached out to my mom, who had since moved fifteen hundred miles away and only called home once a month or so.

I did not find out about any of this until I was fourteen and my half-brother showed up at our house.

That day is all kinda messed up in my mind. I was doing something in the kitchen with my dad and the doorbell rang. I went to answer it and there was this big man standing there just staring at me. I remember he looked like he was gonna cry.

He asked, “Are you [Mom’s married name]’s daughter?”

I said yeah, and was really freaked out because the man was shaking and stuttering.

“I’m your brother,” he said, and sorta reached his hand up, and I didn’t know if he was gonna touch me or grab me or what, and then my dad jerked me backwards and behind him.

That’s probably what I remember most, how my dad put me behind him immediately, making himself a wall. Like all of a sudden realizing my dad thought I was in danger, that scared me more than the weird crazy-talking man at the door.

Anyway, my dad sent me upstairs and I didn’t hear any more of what was said. I was really confused. When my mom came home, my dad ordered pizza for me and my brother and told us to eat in the basement, which was fine with us because that’s where the Super Nintendo was. We could hear our parents talking/explaining/arguing/imploring for hours. We could hear both of them crying at various intervals.

As it turned out, my mom had never told my dad about the child she gave up as a teenager. I truly believe the experience was absolutely traumatizing to her, and once she’d moved out of her parents’ house and established her own life, she never thought she’d have to think about it again.

My dad went to stay with my uncle that night. He didn’t come home for about two months.

My mom picked me up from school the next day and told me the story behind the man at the door, who was most likely her son and my half-brother. My mom is smart and capable and tougher than anyone else I know, and I was so shaken to see her tears leaking as we sat in the car in the high school parking lot.

I got some more details from my mom’s sister, some back then and some years later. As far as we can tell, my half-brother probably hired a private investigator to find his birth mother, or else traced his history back to the Catholic girls’ school and spoke to someone without proper respect for the privacy of a closed adoption. Because he asked after my mother’s married name, not maiden, we’re pretty sure he had a professional on his side.

Dad was heartbroken that this secret had been kept from him. He came back home eventually, because he still loved my mom, but their relationship was also severely impacted. He would come sleep in my room sometimes because I had a futon in there. They would sit together at the dinner table and only talk to my brother and me, never a word directly to each other. My bro and I began preparing for the inevitable divorce, seeking advice in the matter from the more than half our friends who were already living it. I remember my brother trying to figure out how to swaddle the Super Nintendo in clothes so he could take it back and forth between our parents’ houses. It took years for my parents to get back to stasis, honestly not until Bro and I were both out of the house and they could genuinely focus on each other.

I feel like I understand everybody’s perspectives. My mom never should have been shamed and shunned and left alone to give birth at sixteen among strangers. My dad should have been told, as it was a formative event in my mother’s life and the life of the family he was marrying into. My half-bro of course would want to know where he came from.

But we do not talk about this anymore. My aunt told me years later, when I was grown-up, that my mom had met with my half-bro only once after he tracked her down, basically just telling him they couldn’t have a relationship, and she didn’t want him to contact her again. Remember, at that moment my mom wasn’t sure if the reappearance of Half-Bro was going to cost her her marriage, and also that closed adoptions exist for a reason. As far as I know, Half-Bro hasn’t spoken to anyone in my family since.

Okay.

Now, twenty years after Half-Bro found us, fifty years after my mom gave him up, my little brother has been diagnosed with a life-threatening cancer (I’m gonna keep the medical stuff vague because already too much identifiable info in this novel, but the donation would not be like a kidney or a lung, but something the donor’s body would be able to replace), is in desperate need of a transplant, and has not been able to match a donor within our family. He’s on the list, in treatment, and not currently getting worse, but I am so goddamn scared. Seeing him in a hospital bed makes me feel like I got the wind knocked out of me, like I can’t breathe. He’s only twenty-nine years old, I still need him here. We all do.

Can I do this? Can I really ask my mom and dad to contact Half-Bro (I know Mom has his info) and see if he/his family can be tested for donor matches? Is it completely unconscionable to ask a man who has been refused even minimal contact with his birth family, to put his health on the line for a younger brother he’s never been permitted to meet?

I am terrified of this blowing up my parents’ marriage, and I am terrified that even asking will hurt and distress Half-Bro immensely (for the record, Bro and I would be happy to have a relationship with Half-Bro, but have never felt it’s our place to pursue such), but I am more terrified of losing my brother. I know how long a shot it is, that Half-Bro would say yes, that he would actually be a match, that the transplant would take, but it’s a chance, it’s better than we have now.

I would do much worse things than this to save my brother. I would have given him whatever he needs, marrow, kidney, lung, heart.

But I haven’t been thinking straight since the diagnosis, admittedly. So here we are.

TL;DR: Mom gave up a child as a teenager, losing the support and love of her parents, and never told my dad when she later met and married him. Half-brother found us when I was in high school, and the revelation nearly broke up my parents’ marriage. My mom refused Half-Bro’s request for a relationship. Years later, my full-brother needs a life-saving transplant. Do I ask my mom to contact Half-Bro and see if he would be willing to be tested?

Well that's a lot of words, so I'm going to really go in detail in my response to cover all the bases

No, you can't contact him

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lol at this guy

In all fairness, if I were stuck puking and making GBS threads in the hospital and my boyfriend was around, I'd want him to head back to the hotel too. We have our phones and at least ONE of us should have a night not involving vomit

Whorelord posted:

Gf [24F] wants to quit working because of severe anxiety. She wants my support. I [27M] don't know.

"my anxiety is so bad that i cant work however i can easily go do things with my friends" :sever:

I feel bad about the anxiety and stuff but I'm pretty sure "Thinking about work stresses me out so I'm just going to not work anymore" is not gonna fly :whitewater:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Who the gently caress goes to the hospital because they puked for two hours

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

loquacius posted:

Ham Sandwiches, I don't think they gave him a bed and I don't think they'd let him use hers

basically his options are (a) go to sleep, or (b) pull an all-nighter for no reason other than to keep himself present in a situation where he is completely unable to help in any way

I once had to take my wife to the ER at like 1 AM, and I'm completely comfortable admitting I went home to sleep from 3 to 8:30 because there was no reason for me to be present

Were you traveling in a foreign country and the doctors suggested you should stay and you decided you knew better and ignored them? Because there are in fact details in the OPs story that may differ from yours, and why I found it humorous.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lol at this guy

this guy hasn't figured out how to tell when its a situation where when the woman says "no, it's okay" is quite the opposite. then again he's 20 so he might be the type with poo poo for empathy. she'll probably save this moment as a secret weapon the next time they fight

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
My sister (40F) is throwing us (37F/M, 14M, 12F) on the streets. No lease agreement signed. Options?

quote:

Good day everyone.

As the title suggests, my sister is evicting our family out of a house we’ve been living in for the past 5 years. Firstly, a little background. We were struggling a lot 5 years ago when my husband lost his job, we couldn’t make rent and had to feed 2 children and send them to school. My sister is very wealthy and I finally got the courage to ask her for a favor when we literally didn’t have food on the table. She offered to let us live in a house she owned in a very good school district. She let us live there for free until we got back on our feet, which took about 7 months. After those 7 months, we have been paying her $1,450 per month for a 4-bedroom house, utilities included (water, sewage, trash, electric). All of the bills are in her husband’s name and we send a check each month. At one point we were 2 days late with sending out the payment and she “applied a late payment fee” of $50.

Our relationship hasn’t been great, she always looks down on us but the house is amazing, the neighborhood is safe, my kids go to a good school, so we stayed. Last week, my sister’s husband told me that the next payment will increase to $1,800. We obviously can’t make this payment and still be able to pay for school, groceries, gas, car payment, etc. So my BIL simply said, “okay then. You have 21 days to vacate the house”.

I’m crushed. We are about to be thrown on the street again and I certainly can’t handle it. I tried to talk to my sister but she said the same thing, “pay the rent or get out”. Living with our parents is not an option since they live 2400 miles away. I’m afraid to tell my kids we need to change schools again.

What can we do?

TL;DR: my sister is kicking us out of the rental house
Is the sister a horrible person or is the OP a horrible tenant?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

this guy hasn't figured out how to tell when its a situation where when the woman says "no, it's okay" is quite the opposite. then again he's 20 so he might be the type with poo poo for empathy. she'll probably save this moment as a secret weapon the next time they fight
Nah? Lots of women aren't like that.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

nerd plus rage posted:

My sister (40F) is throwing us (37F/M, 14M, 12F) on the streets. No lease agreement signed. Options?

op should have gotten a lease but depending on where they live, call a lawyer and make sure they evict you the proper way

sister has probably been renting the house at a loss for a while and op was likely complacent, but when you mix family and money bad things happen. still op probably has a good shot at delaying the eviction. i doubt they can afford to lawyer up though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Were you traveling in a foreign country and the doctors suggested you should stay and you decided you knew better and ignored them? Because there are in fact details in the OPs story that may differ from yours, and why I found it humorous.

She seemed ok with her Switch, and yeah honestly I dunno why, given the option, a doctor would choose to have an untrained unnecessary person around who honestly sounds kinda neurotic and hypochondriac :shrug: I have never heard a suggestion like that

This seemed 100% like one of those things where there's no problem outside OP's head

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nerd plus rage posted:

Im assuming they both are.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

loquacius posted:

She seemed ok with her Switch, and yeah honestly I dunno why, given the option, a doctor would choose to have an untrained unnecessary person around who honestly sounds kinda neurotic and hypochondriac :shrug: I have never heard a suggestion like that

Ok, but the doctor who examined the patient did choose that option, and told him he should stay, and he decided Nah, here's a switch catch some pokemon and hope you don't die I'll c u l8r, and that remains funny to me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ok, but the doctor who examined the patient did choose that option, and told him he should stay, and he decided Nah, here's a switch catch some pokemon and hope you don't die I'll c u l8r, and that remains funny to me

See I hear that and I'm just like "ok uh did they say why"

She wasn't even sick anymore

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

nerd plus rage posted:

Don't take it personally, you just got between a rich person and some more money.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

nerd plus rage posted:

It sounds like it wasn't really intended to be a permanent solution and the op took it for granted for far too long. Like 5 years jesus. That the OP is immediately going for legal options to squat in the house they obviously can't afford is p telling about the relationship imo.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

nerd plus rage posted:

OP's finding out that mixing money and family is a great way to have everyone hate each other forever. :toot:

boner confessor posted:

op should have gotten a lease but depending on where they live, call a lawyer and make sure they evict you the proper way

sister has probably been renting the house at a loss for a while and op was likely complacent, but when you mix family and money bad things happen. still op probably has a good shot at delaying the eviction. i doubt they can afford to lawyer up though
But yeah, this. Even without a lease OP's stayed long enough that she should have tenant's rights. Most people in this situation would just leave to avoid family drama, but OP sounds like she needs the extra time to line up a new place to live.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like OP is leaving poo poo out because I dont think anyone goes from “here are 7 free months of rent in a four bedroom house and now 5 years of subsidized housing” to “get out in 21 days” without some poo poo.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

I feel like OP is leaving poo poo out because I dont think anyone goes from “here are 7 free months of rent in a four bedroom house and now 5 years of subsidized housing” to “get out in 21 days” without some poo poo.

yeah. the "pay or get out" is a definite gently caress you, so the question is what lead up to this point. a rent increase of $350 over five years isn't a huge amount so i'm assuming here they're just trying to tighten up on their losses ($1450 for a four bedroom house, utilities included, in a good school district is cheap in everywhere but the most flyover of states)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

OP's finding out that mixing money and family is a great way to have everyone hate each other forever. :toot:

But yeah, this. Even without a lease OP's stayed long enough that she should have tenant's rights. Most people in this situation would just leave to avoid family drama, but OP sounds like she needs the extra time to line up a new place to live.
1 month is p common for what was essentially a month to month lease. OP's issue is clearly that they enjoyed being subsidized by the sister and rather take the incredible gift and support they received (7 months free, below market rent for over 4 years on top of that) and admit they pushed things too far they wanna turn it into some sort of legal conflict.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Barudak posted:

I think the unstated part is that OP's family hasn't really gotten their poo poo together as much as the sister probably hoped. OP doesn't mention when the late rent payment was, for instance - understandable if it was shortly after they started paying rent and were just scraping by, less understandable if it was after they'd had several years to stabilize their situation.

I'd be curious what the rental prices are like in their area. $1800/mo for a 4br sounds like a bargain, but if they can't afford that, they might have to cram themselves into a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment. If they can't even afford that, then "our kids have to change schools again :(" will be the least of their problems.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Haifisch posted:

I'd be curious what the rental prices are like in their area. $1800/mo for a 4br sounds like a bargain, but if they can't afford that, they might have to cram themselves into a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment. If they can't even afford that, then "our kids have to change schools again :(" will be the least of their problems.

They're going to have to either move back with the parents, or ask the parents to help pay the rent.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Maybe I'm a broken individual but I can't help but feel for the sister who has had to be their sibling's landlord for 5 years. You want to be nice, but dear god that would be awful.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Ham Sandwiches posted:

This one is pretty high on the all time ice cold post-o-meter, imo

My [34F] mother [66F] as a teenager gave up a child in a closed adoption. Decades later, that grown-up child [50sM] tracked down our family, and my mother denied him a relationship. Now my brother [29M] needs a life-saving transplant. Can we contact Half-Bro to see if he's a donor match?

Well that's a lot of words, so I'm going to really go in detail in my response to cover all the bases

No, you can't contact him

I would love to tell this family no.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Avenging_Mikon posted:

They're going to have to either move back with the parents, or ask the parents to help pay the rent.
sorta drives home the point tho, if even a 350/mo bump prices them completely out of the area then they were essentially living on over 4k a year subsidy, and that's assuming the bump was even a full reflection of the actual cost of living where they were and not already a compromise between the married couple where one was obviously a bit upset about the situation. Odds are the sister (and her husband) had essentially gifted tens of thousands of dollars to the person who is now looking for legal recourse after overstaying their welcome. We've seen countless stories itt about financing relatives damaging relationship, who knows what impact this 5 year stay had on her sister's marriage.

this is why you should never help anyone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Parents live 2400 miles away which raises all sorts of other questions about these peoples life choices

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Andy Dufresne posted:

Maybe I'm a broken individual but I can't help but feel for the sister who has had to be their sibling's landlord for 5 years. You want to be nice, but dear god that would be awful.

I think most of us are assuming the worst of the OP and that they're either taking advantage of the situation, or that they did something to provoke the change.

ArbitraryC posted:

sorta drives home the point tho, if even a 350/mo bump prices them completely out of the area then they were essentially living on over 4k a year subsidy, and that's assuming the bump was even a full reflection of the actual cost of living where they were and not already a compromise between the married couple where one was obviously a bit upset about the situation. Odds are the sister (and her husband) had essentially gifted tens of thousands of dollars to the person who is now looking for legal recourse after overstaying their welcome. We've seen countless stories itt about financing relatives damaging relationship, who knows what impact this 5 year stay had on her sister's marriage.

this is why you should never help anyone.

You're not wrong.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Barudak posted:

Parents live 2400 miles away which raises all sorts of other questions about these peoples life choices
Moved where they could to find work? Not that unusual nowadays, especially if their parents didn't live in an economically vibrant area.

Although with that kind of distance, they probably live on one of the coasts...oh god, they're in the housing bubble areas on the west coast, aren't they? :cripes:

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I think most of us are assuming the worst of the OP and that they're either taking advantage of the situation, or that they did something to provoke the change.
My most generous reading is that the sister's trying to bring their rent towards market value and they had no idea how much she was subsidizing them. Which still isn't a very good look.

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Whorelord posted:

"my anxiety is so bad that i cant work however i can easily go do things with my friends" :sever:

quote:

tl;dr: Gf suffers from severe anxiety. Recently got fired from her job and decided she loved not working. Wants to become a stay at home wife and live with me, but I have second thoughts. What should I do?

Ask her if she's willing to go on disability. If her anxiety and agoraphobia are really that bad then she can collect disability. Of course if you end up getting married, she'd lose it, but this will give her time to seek better professional help and she won't have to leech off of you.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Danaru posted:

Iowa Real Estate: Bought a home from flippers who didn't pull permits

:grovertoot:

This is why you get your own inspection done before buying a house.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Hahaha imagine your teenage daughter having horrific menstrual pain for 3 whole years of her life and not caring at all that going on birth control will lessen or eliminate her problems hahahahaha oh man so funny

Really though, she should hit up Planned Parenthood and be done with it. Assuming PP exists in her area of Texas, there's literally nothing her shitbag mom can do if she's granted any form of birth control by a clinic.

I wanna know what she means by "horse medication". I'm thinking, like, sour apple flavored Naproxen, which mom probably doesn't know is the same thing you can buy otc in the people pharmacy.

Bored fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 7, 2018

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Bored posted:

This is why you get your own inspection done before buying a house.

To be fair I think any good legal system should have protections against that sort of thing, it's no surprise that the agencies involved in it set up one time llc's and such to try and obfuscate their funding and use a legal quagmire that's too expensive to pursue as a defense. That whole practice should probably just be illegal in general though but that's capitalism.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My soon to be ex bf will want to go over "terms and conditions" of what will happen after the breakup. How do I shut him down? (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

What my boyfriend did with his last girlfriend during their break up, was go through boundaries. She wasn't allowed to sleep with other guys, only girls, and he demanded to know when and who the dates were. When I break up with him, I just want him to finally shut the gently caress up and leave me alone. I don't want to know what he's doing afterwards, and I want him to feel the same. I'm worried he's going to tell me I can only sleep with girls, or try and control me after the break up. How do I deal with someone so loving controling? Edit: he's my boyfriend right now. I want to break up with him Edit 2: I'm 22 and he's 23. We have separate places, but I practically moved in with him. He majored in psychology so I expect him to use it as leverage to have terms and conditions.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Do what everyone does with every terms and conditions they encounter, hit "Agree" and then just ignore everything in it and do whatever you want.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Caganer posted:

My soon to be ex bf will want to go over "terms and conditions" of what will happen after the breakup. How do I shut him down? (self.relationship_advice)

Is simply not talking to him after breaking up not possible? I don't understand the question here.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Caganer posted:

Yeah I really don't know how he expects to enforce any of this

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

loquacius posted:

Yeah I really don't know how he expects to enforce any of this

by using his psychology major to hypnotize her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
But seriously he is obviously going to stalk and eventually murder her for breaking his dumb agreement.