Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Rahonavis posted:

More rage-inducing minimalism:

It's the "Back to the Future" trilogy.

This is inaccurate as Marty tosses his boots at the bear upon reaching 1887
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

couldcareless posted:

This is inaccurate as Marty tosses his boots at the bear upon reaching 1887

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
God damnit, and I was just telling myself I need to go back and watch them again.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

Jim Carrey will never be as good of a fake Criss Angel as David Tennant was in Fright Night, and the filmmakers know it. So they added some David Blaine in there to even it out. This is what I choose to believe.

I just want to say Tennant is loving amazing. Wow.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kiimo posted:

I can't believe this got talent approval.

You'd think Zac's publicist would be on nipple guard.

The nipples have got to be the least problematic thing about that poster.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
McConaughey looks like Mr. Limpet.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A good fan poster.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Holy fucken poo poo They Live DVD covers

Here is the old one and pretty awesome.

Here is the new DVD

Holy poo poo it is bad

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Wanna buy a van just to paint that on its side.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't know, it has the same sort of aesthetic of badly drawn VHS covers from the 80s, it kind of fits the movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Coolodile posted:

I don't know, it has the same sort of aesthetic of badly drawn VHS covers from the 80s, it kind of fits the movie.

Except for that the original cover is actually from the 80's, and fits the movie pretty well too.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
They're both fine.

Yodzilla posted:

Please do.

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
The They Live poster could be much, much worse (and I'm not just saying that because I'm looking at it in my cube right now).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Yodzilla posted:

This is why it's a good cover.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tewratomeh posted:

This is why it's a good cover.

Cheesy, ridiculous and vaguely misleading. It's great.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

foodfight posted:

The They Live poster could be much, much worse (and I'm not just saying that because I'm looking at it in my cube right now).

Like this?:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

This is apparently a Canadian film. Years late for the "High School Musical" bandwagon, and sure to pull in some of that impressive money "Glee" got when it made a big-screen movie.

I'm convinced that this movie was designed by Tim Buckley.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

If the cover was lenticular that would be loving perfect!

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
The blu-ray actually has a white sticker on it that says BUY.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

Robert Denby posted:

Found a not-bad fan poster:

EDIT: Um... actually that's pretty amazing.
v v v v v
I hate the cartoon Bill Murray but goddamn the groundhog idea is amazing.

Robert Denby posted:

FIRST
DESIGN
JOB

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
For reference, here are the "Mars Needs Moms" posters:

This movie came out two years ago. How is Dreamworks not going, "Hmmm... 'Mars Needs Moms' failed partially because of awful posters. Maybe we should retool the marketing campaign a bit for 'The Croods' so that it doesn't focus on our badly-designed horrifying characters and make theatergoers uneasy?"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd say that that movie failed more due to the fact that the target demographic is not intrigued by the premise of a space movie with a main plot point of saving their mom. How many 8-12 year-old boys hear that and say "cool!"?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

I'd say that that movie failed more due to the fact that the target demographic is not intrigued by the premise of a space movie with a main plot point of saving their mom. How many 8-12 year-old boys hear that and say "cool!"?

This.

And they still put "Mom" in the tag line.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Hey kids, let's go an adventure with mom! It'll be fun and educational. I brought snacks!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

What's with her little baby hand?

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

kiimo posted:

I like to think that they just ignored 60 years of advertising knowledge and decided to market the film to moms instead of kids because moms are the ones buying the tickets.

Anyway these 3D animation departments really need to learn that making your characters look retarded doesn't work. It worked with Shrek because he's literally a stupid troll monster.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

penismightier posted:

Hey kids, let's go an adventure with mom! It'll be fun and educational. I brought snacks!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

live with fruit posted:

Arghhh I just noticed that, what the hell?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just looked it up, and whatever this character is it is not voiced by Whoopi Goldberg.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

live with fruit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHHB00Nu3Ak

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Is that Scary Movie... I wanna say 3? I heard that that was "the good one", and that clip looks good, yet I can't bring myself to accept the possibility that it's remotely watchable.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Scary Movie 3 has an extended 8 Mile parody because they ran out of horror jokes. I have no idea why anyone praises that thing.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Wendell posted:

Scary Movie 3 has an extended 8 Mile parody because they ran out of horror jokes. I have no idea why anyone praises that thing.

The 8 Mile parody was hilarious though. :colbert:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Tewratomeh posted:

Is that Scary Movie... I wanna say 3? I heard that that was "the good one", and that clip looks good, yet I can't bring myself to accept the possibility that it's remotely watchable.

That one is from Scary Movie 2, with Tim Curry

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Wendell posted:

It has some really good sight gags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Wendell posted:

2 was the best one because it had David Cross and Tim Curry, though 3 is a guilty pleasure because of Leslie Nielsen :allears:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Scary Movie 2 was pretty good. I'm one of those people who doesn't really like parody films and SM2 had my willing attention for the duration. Never saw the others, though those SM3 sight gags look pretty great.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

SRM posted:

It has some really good sight gags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg

This and the President Ford joke. They had some really good visual gags.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This whole scene is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP7F7Uw6yP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

What is it with Leslie Nielson and Mother Theresa jokes? He must love them.