Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Infinotize posted:

we were on ct side. and the round2 buys weren't pistol they all bought out as much as possible. that seemed dumb to me because ehhh if you win it's good but if you lose now you're out 2 more rounds almost certainly

also please keep in mind how bad everyone is at this rank and there are no real tactics at play

Please consult the OP for words concerning what to buy and when. The only "meta" change I have seen since then is a second force buy after losing the first buy up around, on the presumption that since you will be running a double-eco regardless. This is fine if you definitely want AWPs on your next full buy, but you can buy up a round earlier with a slightly shakier buy without doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The amount of hackers in eu high level prime mm right now :cripes:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Haha like people thought prime would fix anything

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

Haha like people thought prime would fix anything
Ehhh...

I dunno about cheaters, but I'm SEM and haven't had any noticeable smurfs in any of my comp games since I enabled prime. It's working to an extent, I suppose.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think there are fewer cheaters in prime but yea prime didn't make vac good or anything

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

Ehhh...

I dunno about cheaters, but I'm SEM and haven't had any noticeable smurfs in any of my comp games since I enabled prime. It's working to an extent, I suppose.

i just smurfed SEM and dropped 50

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Photex posted:

are you prime?

why would you waste it on a smurf?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

are you prime?

why would you waste it on a smurf?

the smurf is very old and I have 2 phone #'s

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

Naughty Photex. :nono:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Photex posted:

the smurf is very old and I have 2 phone #'s

drug dealer. copy.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Second number is from his pager for those late night IT emergencies.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Rosh posted:

Second number is from his pager for those late night IT emergencies.

***FLUSHA HACKING ALERT***

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
*registers on-call work phone for prime* job has it perks, what can I say.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I just realized that I apparently have a thousand dollars worth of bullshit guns and crate in a game I haven't played in years. Threw them all up on the marketplace, lets see what happens.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Chocobo posted:

I just realized that I apparently have a thousand dollars worth of bullshit guns and crate in a game I haven't played in years. Threw them all up on the marketplace, lets see what happens.

want to sell any for paypal cash?? :v:

add me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/exethan0596 if you're interested

stump collector fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 3, 2016

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
I can also buy for paypal. http://steamcommunity.com/id/weedlord_bonerhitler/

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i've been having a lot of success with the famas buy round 3 CT side after full saving 2nd round. (I'm double ak). Generally Ts are too eager to cash in on a second round of no armor CTs and won't upgrade to AKs so we can clown on them pretty easily. Anecdotal evidence I know.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NTT posted:

i've been having a lot of success with the famas buy round 3 CT side after full saving 2nd round. (I'm double ak). Generally Ts are too eager to cash in on a second round of no armor CTs and won't upgrade to AKs so we can clown on them pretty easily. Anecdotal evidence I know.

I see what you're doing. Trying to get people to buy the FAMAS.

Worst gun in the loving game

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I think that's a big reason round 2 forces became so popular. Enemy pushes stupidly because you should have nothing but then they get 5-7 ed or tec-9ed in the face hard and their gun is doing nothing because its a no armor penetration smg. I worry everytime I see a mac 10 on my team round 2 because that dude is probably about to get wrecked and if there's more than one they're going to start screaming about how we lost an eco when its no you retards lost the round.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

dex_sda posted:

I see what you're doing. Trying to get people to buy the FAMAS.

Worst gun in the loving game

I did a famas buy on round 2 the other day immediately sent an email to gaben asking for it to be removed

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
A lot of guys don't actually use their light buy guns outside of the second or third round, so you've got a good chance at taking them down with a decent pistol.

This is why I practice my UMP every round

NTT posted:

Would rather buy a deagle or a scout when I'm feeling confident in my long range, or a UMP to push. I only buy a FAMAS or a Galil to get stattrak kills or troll assholes that ask for drops.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Galil kinda works at least, FAMAS is a toy gun I'm convinced. So I very rarely buy a galil, but it's always the UMP on CT side (it helps the economy too).

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
the famas shoots for the price...never forget that

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The famas is kind of poo poo but I find myself buying it round 2 ct pistol because its going to beat the poo poo out of a tec9 at range and on a lot of maps you can force the engagement to take place at reasonably long range. Like you might come up against a deagle guy and get 1 tapped but that's a risk anyway. And then I can have a kit because i don't trust people to hold sites and maybe some minor utility to go with it a lot of the time.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 3, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'm in a tolerate/hate relationship with the famas

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Goofballs posted:

The famas...some minor utility to go with it a lot of the time.

That is my big sticking point. It does a good job of out shooting pistols and can handle a tec 9/armor T just fine at any range, and is cheap enough to where you can also buy the grenades you need to control terrorist movement so your team can rotate. I wouldn't buy an M4 round 2 but I would buy an AK though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wouldn't. SMG (Shotty if I can get away with it) $$$ is worth it every time and gives them a shittier weapon in case you die.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
just buy the god dang UMP and an p250 or five seven with utility and you're in business

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Times to buy poo poo rifle: your buy is hosed up when other people can have Good Weapons and nobody can drop you. Rifle is still better than non rifle.

Times to not buy poo poo rifle: Round 2 unless you're baiting your whole team

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Spiros posted:

Times to buy poo poo rifle: your buy is hosed up when other people can have Good Weapons and nobody can drop you. Rifle is still better than non rifle.

Times to not buy poo poo rifle: Round 2 unless you're baiting your whole team

Yeah this dude speaks the truth. Stop giving the loving terrists rifles when they should have pistols.

Use the loving UMP/Mac10/MP9 like a man. I personally UMP 2nd round after win because armor pen, but then you do give the enemy a (short range) armor pen weapon, but it's only 1 versus your other 4.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I buy the ump a lot as well round 2. The only real problem with it obviously is the range. I would expect a competent deagler to have better odds than I'd be willing to give him but you might have to take the fight anyway if the other option is making it easy for tec9s to close distance.

I'd rather have tec-9/5-7 and armor against armor mac-10/the ct version most of the time

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Buying a FAMAS puts you off economy if your team light buys, gives the enemy the potential to strip a rifle from you, and... it kind of sucks. You're risking a lot for a very mediocre gun.

Unless the terrorists got the bomb down, they're going to push you with pistols. You don't need a rifle.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Every time some rear end in a top hat buys AK on 2nd round buy they invariably go solo somewhere and die. High correlation between 2nd round AK buy and being an idiot.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
actually famas is pretty useful for mid range engagements over SMGs and pistols, I find famas/galil useful on maps like d2 where there's a lot of wide open space, also just get good at aiming and you'll have a lot less to complain about

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
clearly the strat is buy 5 famas round 2 and lose them, then dominate your famas using moron opponents the next round

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Up Circle posted:

clearly the strat is buy 5 famas round 2 and lose them, then dominate your famas using moron opponents the next round

You mean 5 pp bipsons

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

real dilemma posted:

actually famas is pretty useful for mid range engagements over SMGs and pistols, I find famas/galil useful on maps like d2 where there's a lot of wide open space, also just get good at aiming and you'll have a lot less to complain about

Money mining > slightly more advantageous engagements in the most random aspect of the game until you're good enough to never play with goons again

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Spiros posted:

Money mining > slightly more advantageous engagements in the most random aspect of the game until you're good enough to never play with goons again

in the past month, you have almost double the amount of galil kills as the next closest person in goonmans

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

real dilemma posted:

in the past month, you have almost double the amount of galil kills as the next closest person in goonmans

Did he buy those or pick them up off corpses? We'll never know...

Also, it's goonmans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

real dilemma posted:

It's because I always buy with the team regardless of the rifle I can afford and would much rather the Galil to an SMG in those situations. It helps that I also learned how to Galil.