Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

E: worth pointing out while I don't care for that style of bong, that is an absolute top tier brown bong couch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

is anyone really surprised that someone who rips a bong that sick also doesnt like the current PM

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Grace Tame rules and this attempt to smear her just makes me think she's all the loving cooler.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

just say that it was a photo taken in California and it’s a zero issue. unmistakably australian couch and weed smoking drip however

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Konomex posted:

Much like slavery is often harder on the slaver than the slave? It's just so difficult to own people, especially in this modern age, if people find out you're practically a pariah and the slave gets a 60 minute special about themselves.

All I'm saying is that we can move past it and heal.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Someone get gatorbeug on the phone and release a limited edition Grace Tame bong, proceeds going to whichever charity / organisation of grace tames choosing

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Paingod556 posted:

This is one of those Christrian 'you can only heal after forgiving' bullshit isn't it? ie. implictly saying the problem is only that you aren't moving on from your trauma, and instead wasting time on 'accountability' and 'actually doing something to prevent this poo poo happening'.

Jesus is known for his quotes like "Forgive them Father, they know not how to get over it".

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/firstpeoplesvic/status/1493069336940285953?s=20&t=8K1MNgyPfBiuz_E1DR-EfQ

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Just about the perfect response.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

If this doesn't kick off large groups of people yelling at Morrison to get in the bin, I'll be disappointed in all of us.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
If his next sentence was 'Because we need to do more than just say "sorry" before we can earn their forgiveness', then I'd say 'wow, okay' but hahahahaha no.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

This is perfect.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Grace Tame 4 PM

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 14, 2022

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

hell yeah!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Paingod556 posted:

This is one of those Christrian 'you can only heal after forgiving' bullshit isn't it? ie. implictly saying the problem is only that you aren't moving on from your trauma, and instead wasting time on 'accountability' and 'actually doing something to prevent this poo poo happening'.

It's 100% a Christian(tm) thing. ScoMo is a massive fundie.

But it's also a "we feel bad for doing this terrible thing to you. So we said sorry. Now you have to forgive us so we don't feel bad. Our feelings are so much more important than the terrible thing we did. I mean we didsay sorry. Get over it, that was ages ago, but we feel bad now. So you have to do all the work to make us feel better."

It's also a "ungrateful abbos not appreciating all the good things white people have done for them like saying sorry." etc. thing.

And a "how can reconciliation happen until YOU forgive us for all the terrible things we have done and will continue to do. This is all on you now. It's not our fault." thing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's probably why he looks like hot, wet poo poo.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Testekill posted:

It's probably why he looks like hot, wet poo poo.

Looked up some past photos of him, and honestly that just seems to be pretty much how he looks.

Dude naturally just has a super red face apparently.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Looked up some past photos of him, and honestly that just seems to be pretty much how he looks.

Possibly related to Barnaby

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's 100% a Christian(tm) thing. ScoMo is a massive fundie.

But it's also a "we feel bad for doing this terrible thing to you. So we said sorry. Now you have to forgive us so we don't feel bad. Our feelings are so much more important than the terrible thing we did. I mean we didsay sorry. Get over it, that was ages ago, but we feel bad now. So you have to do all the work to make us feel better."

It's also a "ungrateful abbos not appreciating all the good things white people have done for them like saying sorry." etc. thing.

And a "how can reconciliation happen until YOU forgive us for all the terrible things we have done and will continue to do. This is all on you now. It's not our fault." thing.

Would love to see Morrison forgive refugees for the unforgivable "crime" of seeking asylum by boat. Can't seem to bring himself to do that though.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Grace Tame owns. What a ripper.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

how is this real

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
They're just drunk all the time

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

dr_rat posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I just got a job email for a IT support 2 role like my old MEGA$CORP for $90k. That's 10k more than I was getting paid 6 months ago for a level 2 support role.

I'm not taking it because it's a 2.5 hour commute a day (no WFH) and I'm happy where I am, but that's still a big change in the last 6 months.

Also I've been reading too much r/antiwork and dislike the idea of working for corporate again. I don't want to work overtime for "free pizza" again. 1/2 the time by the time I finished the work, everyone else had eaten my pizza already.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

dr_rat posted:

Australian brand gammon

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

E: worth pointing out while I don't care for that style of bong, that is an absolute top tier brown bong couch

"Picture surfaces?" lol, that bong pic of Grace's has been on her public IG account for years - its super old. I was honestly impressed she never took it down when she got the Australian of the Year nod. loving hilarious of the dogs to bring it up now - she must be getting to them bad.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Paingod556 posted:

Yeah it's some "turn the other cheek" stuff but doesn't say what to do when somebody's been furoiusly wailing on both sides of your face for 234 consecutive years

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Can we get the thread title changed to "get in the bin". I feel it's appropriate.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Forgive me father for I have binned

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

loving legend:

https://twitter.com/TamePunk/status/1493384077541781505?s=20&t=QBTnueC5BaVm78jFkjjOOw

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Putting aside the idiocy of telling first nations people its harder to forgive than apologize. What is he expecting? There's no central authority to publicly give forgiveness to the government, and even if there were it wouldn't mean anything. Forgiveness is up to each individual, and when the next generation comes along they get to decide personally whether they want to forgive. Based on the trajectory of other first nations peoples, it'll be a hundred or few hundred years before the effects of government policies no longer hit subsequent generations like a sledge hammer.

What about this line? It's easy to put a policy into law, such as Close the Gap, but harder for a government to deliver on real world outcomes.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-15/scott-morrison-accuses-labor-protecting-criminals-deportation/100831402

quote:

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has accused a senior Labor politician of wanting to protect domestic violence abusers in an extraordinary attack on the opposition, as the federal government re-prosecutes a bill that will make it easier to deport criminals.

Speaking on Sydney station 2SM, Mr Morrison said Labor had sided with abusers and criminals.

"[Opposition Leader] Anthony Albanese likes to talk about whose side is he on. He is clearly on the side of criminals," Mr Morrison said.

"They want to protect people who have committed acts of domestic violence.

"[Shadow Home Affairs Minister] Kristina Keneally wants people who have been convicted of domestic violence to stay in the country because the judge gave them a soft sentence."

Senator Keneally told the ABC Mr Morrison's comments showed that he either did not understand the current law, or was a "liar".

"Mr Morrison is either lying about the ability of the Immigration Minister to cancel visas for criminals, or he just doesn’t understand the laws right now," she said.

Earlier, Senator Keneally tweeted at the Immigration Minister that the government already had the power to deport violent offenders.

"If you’re not prepared to use your current powers to kick rapists out of the country when your Department advises you to, I suggest you get out of the way, because as Immigration Minister, I won’t hesitate in doing so," she wrote.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 15, 2022

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Konomex posted:

Putting aside the idiocy of telling first nations people its harder to forgive than apologize. What is he expecting? There's no central authority to publicly give forgiveness to the government, and even if there were it wouldn't mean anything. Forgiveness is up to each individual, and when the next generation comes along they get to decide personally whether they want to forgive. Based on the trajectory of other first nations peoples, it'll be a hundred or few hundred years before the effects of government policies no longer hit subsequent generations like a sledge hammer.

What about this line? It's easy to put a policy into law, such as Close the Gap, but harder for a government to deliver on real world outcomes.

In the whole speech, he lightly acknowledges this:

Morrison posted:

And nor do I believe that such forgiveness is a corporate matter. It can only begin with the individual. And forgiveness does not mean forgetting. Nor does it mean that there are not consequences for actions, and the need for redress and restitution.

Reading the transcript, I think he was probably just looking to score some light progressive points by pointing out how saying sorry is nothing on its own, and forgiveness can't be demanded or rushed. Big whoops.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How is Keneally going to be Immi Min when she loses the electorate via parachute?

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICxswXG87lI

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

keneally loving sucks

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/stilgherrian/status/1493470208291651586

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/JulianHillMP/status/1493457047135744001?s=20&t=pF3urhA_nPa3ZESKCe8V-w

Sounds like an opening shot to stop a :spill: - He'll go back to Dutton and tell everyone "you're next, we need to kill him before he kills us all".

https://twitter.com/JulianHillMP/status/1493475107586523138?s=20&t=pF3urhA_nPa3ZESKCe8V-w