Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Ohtsam posted:

I saw there was a new Book and not having played since Book 2 thought I might check this game out again.

I got the free unit for beating the chapter and every time I try to parse this my brain goes lol nope and there has to be a better way to show what moves do.

• Canto 2
  • Slaying
  • +5 Stats in combat
  • +9 Atk/Spd in combat if no low HP allies, the bonus decreases for each low HP ally
  • +1 special accel on hit
  • 40% damage reduction on first hit (first two hits if enemy has a brave weapon)
  • New Cavalry Beast Effect*

*New Cavalry Beast Effect = Transforms into beast if there are no allies adjacent or only dragon/beast allies adjacent. In beast form gets +2 Atk, bonus stats based on number of spaces moved, and 30% damage reduction if she moves at least three spaces.

Powercreep has reached a point where every single new premium unit comes with a prf with 6 effects (New Cavalry Beast Effect doesn't count because it's something all beast cavs get) , so there's nothing to do but deal with it. Mostly you can summarize units as either nukes good or tanks good or mixed phase, fast or slow, and then one or two gimmicks.

This one is basically a fast mixed unit with two gimmicks: healing allies despite not being a staff unit, and putting down green terrain to stop warp BS.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Ohtsam posted:

I saw there was a new Book and not having played since Book 2 thought I might check this game out again.

I got the free unit for beating the chapter and every time I try to parse this my brain goes lol nope and there has to be a better way to show what moves do.

A lot of the stat calculation stuff can be ignored, the combat preview will help with that mostly. You should mostly understand that she is best as an offensive phase unit with strong skills for hit and run tactics.

I just want to throw in that each book has a free mythic in the first chapter so it would be helpful to pick up all of those as well. You can see how weapons and skills have built up and see some of those mechanics in smaller packages.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

was spending some grails on Kellam and want to double check I'm not wasting any grails. The most extra copies of him outside of the grail shop I can expect is the 1 future manual copy and potentially a forma in the distant future?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Yeah, for a TT unit that's pretty much it. The forma copy would be so far down the line I wouldn't wait for it either.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Are we seriously getting another loving claude

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are we seriously getting another loving claude

No its balthus

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i hope its claude I wanna skip

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1734770116037103669

too many loving armors AND another claude (but he's the TT unit)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hiya papaya!

...Is there no 4*? They all look pretty stacked.

Also it's been a while since I actually watched one of these, how long have they been putting those little loading screen blurbs in them?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Cattail Prophet posted:

Hiya papaya!

...Is there no 4*? They all look pretty stacked.

Also it's been a while since I actually watched one of these, how long have they been putting those little loading screen blurbs in them?

This is only the second time they've put the blurbs in the video, actually

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Cattail Prophet posted:

The loading screen blurbs appear to be the new "thing" for Book 8 trailers.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

soooooo….no demotes :(

this is the one time a year I splurge on +10ing someone :(. Guess I can top off WHilda I guess

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Finally the last wave seal after a bajillion years it must be Christmas

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It’s wild how much the insane power creep and 3H lords again has soured me on the excitement of Yunaka being added.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

It’s wild how much the insane power creep and 3H lords again has soured me on the excitement of Yunaka being added.

Yeah, seriously. Aside from Yunaka this bunch is BOOORING. I am sick to death of 3H alts and I say this as somebody who LOVED 3H!

Engage has been out for nearly a year and it's gotten a paltry amount of units! Come on, people!

Oh and I'm still voting Yunaka for CYL!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think there is really any powercreep here compared to the other units we have gotten this year.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Edelgard is definitely the best Player Phase Armour unit released this year!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

I don't think there is really any powercreep here compared to the other units we have gotten this year.

Yeah as we've chatted about.

Dimitri is pretty much a sidegrade to Duo Anna, probably better in AR, worse in SD.

Edelgard is an upgrade on Summer Edelgard who's 1.5 years old now.

The Byleths are probably a sidegrade to BCorrin.

So yeah this isn't a particularly strong creep banner. There's nothing anyone is doing here that's going to shift a paradign the way that Theatria did or even as far as Wind Claude.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

I do not know why the 3H lords are all here at once again and the half-assed scrap they're throwing to engage fans is ridiculous in comparison even without Claude being on his second alt in three months and like... siiixth? Seventh? Alt overall?

An easy skip, I find the Christmas banners to tend to have super bland designs and without power creep pressure I just don't want more of them in my barracks at this point unless it's someone I like who otherwise isn't in yet (like with Sephiran or Artur, and Sephiran at least wasn't the same drat Santa theming again) or it's a super favorite (which probably isn't happening because Knoll is neither a woman or popular).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Enjoy this stupid thing I threw together in 30 seconds and made me giggle:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah, seriously. Aside from Yunaka this bunch is BOOORING. I am sick to death of 3H alts and I say this as somebody who LOVED 3H!

Engage has been out for nearly a year and it's gotten a paltry amount of units! Come on, people!

Oh and I'm still voting Yunaka for CYL!
Actually someone on the FEH Reddit crunched the numbers and found that at least at the 6mo mark Engage had exactly as many units as 3H did on the year it came out. Wonder if that's still true almost a year out.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Yeah same, losing interest. Always enjoyed building units, but there's no building anymore with everything coming overtuned out of the box. I'm 5*ing Chroms these days to avoid maxing out feathers.

Andrast posted:

You keep saying this, isnt that the point? That it's gradual and "the last part was worse" (again (again)) just underlines it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Strange Matter posted:

Actually someone on the FEH Reddit crunched the numbers and found that at least at the 6mo mark Engage had exactly as many units as 3H did on the year it came out. Wonder if that's still true almost a year out.

that was manufactured data that only existed to make engage look bad because three houses fans on reddit have brain problems

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
How do affinity battles works, is it completely RNG because I did a team of 4 heroes units and got 43 percent then tried a team of 4 radiant dawn heroes and got 4 percent affinity. They both won just what's the point then

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

It is basically all random, whether you get high affinity or your teams do well. It really is a big fat lump of nothingness. Like, it feels like something that came from the launch period that got shelved during development specifically because it had nothing going for it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I got higher affinity from whatever random team I was using rather than one I made afterwards that had more than 1 bonus character. Pretty cool that you have to select your team before picking 'select team.'

Otoh, makes perfect sense that it's entirely arbitrary, because "hubba tester." Still a pointless waste of a couple of minutes of watching little dudes wander around a field.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

wow arena medals thanks IS for the equivalent of giving me socks

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

wow arena medals thanks IS for the equivalent of giving me socks

Yeah, Yunaka, at least steal us some orbs! Some master thief you are!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

I got absolutely trashed in AR, my week is already over. Ninja Sanaki and Kvasir and Guinningap, I can’t beat teams with all these new special heroes.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Spectral Werewolf posted:

I got absolutely trashed in AR, my week is already over. Ninja Sanaki and Kvasir and Guinningap, I can’t beat teams with all these new special heroes.

SAME. I'm getting completely shredded. The rate at which they've been releasing stronger and stronger ranged tactical weapons grade nukes is ridiculous.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
*smiles serenely* the trick is to have been dogshit at AR the entire time

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
https://youtube.com/live/EE8rzWruuig

Doing this in about 15 minutes or so. Every Severa on the way to +10 gives £10 to the NSPCC, a UK children's charity. Come watch and laugh at my terrible luck.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Natural 20 posted:

https://youtube.com/live/EE8rzWruuig

Doing this in about 15 minutes or so. Every Severa on the way to +10 gives £10 to the NSPCC, a UK children's charity. Come watch and laugh at my terrible luck.

Awesome! How did it go?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
888 orbs....

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Congratulations Natural 20! I see it went way better than last year.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

wow stamina potions they really are spoiling us with freebies

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
My TT team has both summer and winter edelgards on it and I'd recommend that playstyle, it's a lot of fun. It's like a sliding block puzzle

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

WhyteRyce posted:

wow stamina potions they really are spoiling us with freebies

Perfect for the non-functional double-sp weekends

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1738756391525843344?s=19

Oh no she's good and the banner is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

C’mon, we’re looking for lance or bow Camilla for the memes here, not her second green tome.