Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah if all else is equal legendary/mythic banners are what you want to cheat on because I hate them and they suck and they're the only way to get mythic heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ah true, you right. Aside from the Arcane/Attuned banner, the other ones I was considering will still be around when we get the new calendar and all that comes with it.

As for what I'm excited about, I've been stockpiling orbs for Summer L'Arachel's rerun on a Double Special. Didn't have the spare orbs to go for her when she debuted. But they've been twisting themselves into a dang pretzel to avoid rerunning her, it seems. And I'm not sure they'll even do the usual December Double Special, since they did one this month instead!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

loquacius posted:

annoyed Guinevere is there, obviously I'm gonna pull her three times gunning for Gullveig

I read this and you cursed me, I pulled 3 Guins in my first 40 pulls so far.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If it helps my orb stash is gone and I've gotten a Fallen Byleth and an LYuri

My first LYuri but I don't really have a slot for him atm? I like Fallen Byleth though and can appreciate the merge

e: she does have some drat fine inheritance though. Paralyzed with indecision as per usual

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 29, 2023

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The bound hero battle was surprisingly easy, I was able to clear every difficulty with my lazy fallen edelgard team

Got a Heior and fallen byleth before the spark which I spent on Gullveig, so average-above average luck for me

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Do you mean the LHB? Because that is kicking my rear end. Well, the Abyssal one anyway. My lazy omnisave team handled the others. What kind of support did you get Fallen Edel?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Do you mean the LHB? Because that is kicking my rear end. Well, the Abyssal one anyway. My lazy omnisave team handled the others. What kind of support did you get Fallen Edel?

Says BHB in my game, but that's the team I used

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Says BHB in my game, but that's the team I used

Oh right that. I stomped on that with my usual Eirika team. I see you did clear the newest LHB tho! What is your secret? All the chip damage flying around just kicks my rear end.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Honestly couldn't tell you, once something is cleared I get my orbs and move on

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh right that. I stomped on that with my usual Eirika team. I see you did clear the newest LHB tho! What is your secret? All the chip damage flying around just kicks my rear end.

Player phase is your friend. And there have been a lot of strong player phase units released recently, including support units that can nuke surprisingly well.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

golden bubble posted:

Player phase is your friend. And there have been a lot of strong player phase units released recently, including support units that can nuke surprisingly well.

Actually yeah I had the same thought. I brought in some player phase nukes, backed by my savers. Nuked Gullveig and Kvasir and had them hide behind the savers. Worked a treat!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I crushed the Gullveig and Kvasir encounter with Kronya. The cav priest kept attempting to heal through deep wounds so she didn’t eat any excess chip damage and let her survive the few units she couldn’t one-shot.

I drained all my 350ish orbs on the banner though and remained cursed. After the three Guins I got two Fomortis and I feel double cursed because like 80% of my trash pulls were 1st gen 3*s that don’t even have reposition or draw back.

I’ve got a bit of backlog to clear, but I’m not looking forward to blowing those orbs on more 3* Marths. At least we’ll get a freebie for the next book.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Actually yeah I had the same thought. I brought in some player phase nukes, backed by my savers. Nuked Gullveig and Kvasir and had them hide behind the savers. Worked a treat!

Oh you meant this one, yeah I just enemy phased all the other units with edelgard outside of Gullveig range until they activated then I player phased them but looks like you figured it out already

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Had to get FEH Pass back to spark Gullveig. That might be all she wrote on this one.

At least this is how I find out I'm getting Splund ATiki soon :unsmith:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Re: player phase nukes - Ninja Sanaki is absolutely ridiculous. Think I might start saving orbs and aim for a longterm +10, because :drat:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ninjas seem to have a good chance making it to the free unit VG based on past history right?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

WhyteRyce posted:

Ninjas seem to have a good chance making it to the free unit VG based on past history right?

Ninja Laegjarn/Fjorm is the only ninja duo that didn't get into the AHR gauntlet after their release, and ninja Camilla got in instead (and was the first ninja not to win it), so pretty good odds Sanaki/Micaiah get in yeah.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

loquacius posted:

Had to get FEH Pass back to spark Gullveig. That might be all she wrote on this one.

At least this is how I find out I'm getting Splund ATiki soon :unsmith:

I'm gonna have to do this for the ninja + double banner :smith:

I'll wait until the last moment as I want it to last as much into the ny tempest trial as possible.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
FYI, upcoming banner is New Heroes with Forging Bonds, not Special Heroes with TT.

On the plus side it's a double-chapter so that's like 39 orbs.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

FYI, upcoming banner is New Heroes with Forging Bonds, not Special Heroes with TT.

On the plus side it's a double-chapter so that's like 39 orbs.

I'm thinking further ahead than that. Last year the book 7 banner was on 8/12, xmas tt on 16/12 and new year tt on 1/1.

Smoove J
Sep 13, 2003

yeah Meade's ok I spose
Oh my gosh Severa, finally. I’ve been waiting drat ages!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

“To celebrate 8 years we are giving rewards where everything is 8…except for orbs…gently caress you”

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh my God, Anna is actually in a cutscene for once.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Vaike is never getting in is he.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sodium Chloride posted:

Vaike is never getting in is he.

Nope. Teach didn't get tenure.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
A 3rd rearmed lance, 3 free orbs

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

A 3rd rearmed lance, 3 free orbs

She's an axe unit

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Oh no, now I need her. drat I shouldn't have watched it at 4 am

What's the deal with her "pants"

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Oh no, now I need her. drat I shouldn't have watched it at 4 am

What's the deal with her "pants"

https://twitter.com/Pheonixmaster1/status/1731907165332365700

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Thigh windows are Corrins thing

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Thigh windows are Corrins thing

It's a Fates thing in general.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There are a bunch of pantsless designs in Awakening, but most default character designs we're fortunate enough to avoid them.

Plus the toilet bowl armor thing attracted more attention I guess

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Daisuke Izuka has quite the monopoly on "drawn art for major named evil dudes in FE", now that I think about it.

Also, I just noticed that Laurent got recast in English. I guess Paul St. Peter was too busy or something so Chris Smith had to step in.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
The new OCs look neat at least. Nidhoggr looks deranged and I'm all about the yoked deer man who will probably die by Chapter 8.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/selhelm/status/1732444949537263818

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I got a team building question and can't decide because I'm indecisive.

I was considering slotting the new squirrel lady into my main team (Eirika, Citrinne, Brave Eirika, Kaden), replacing Kaden.

Pros:

She has good support kit with her warp bubble, guard, and chip healing terrain.

Cons:

I'd be losing out on a pretty hefty chunk of stat boosts from Kaden's buff sharing and Drive Atk/Spd Seals.

But maybe the chip healing and warp bubble is worth it? I get Guard either way. Kaden's refine does AoE Guard.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Use the squirrel because Kaden and Selkie are the worst characters in Fates and no one should ever have to suffer them.

And squirrels are cool.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Doctor Syrup posted:

Use the squirrel because Kaden and Selkie are the worst characters in Fates and no one should ever have to suffer them.

And squirrels are cool.

Those two cannot possibly be the worst character in Fates because Azura exists. :colbert:

But I agree squirrels are cool.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I saw there was a new Book and not having played since Book 2 thought I might check this game out again.

I got the free unit for beating the chapter and every time I try to parse this my brain goes lol nope and there has to be a better way to show what moves do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ohtsam posted:

I saw there was a new Book and not having played since Book 2 thought I might check this game out again.

I got the free unit for beating the chapter and every time I try to parse this my brain goes lol nope and there has to be a better way to show what moves do.
Unfortunately, the devs are so adverse to making a glossary of terms for people to use as quick references that it is reaching "intentional spite against the players" levels of adversion.