Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sigmachiev posted:

Alvarez has been an annoying twat lately between all the bickering with Dave and not understanding Todd's (valid) points.

I was with you until you implied Todd Martin ever made a valid point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
To change the topic somewhat, has anyone ever had a problem with podcasts from Art of Wrestling not downloading properly? Whenever I try to download it, it always gets like the first 6-8 minutes and then cuts out. I thought it might be something to do with not wanting to put the whole file up, as Colt would prefer people got it from iTunes or whatever, but it seems that it will often cut out a few minutes into the interview.

I'm trying to download them by right-click>Save As on the download link at the TSMRadio website, so if there's a better way to get the whole file that doesn't involve iTunes (can't install it on work PC) I'd appreciate knowing it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Same thing happens on my phone constantly. It used to be fine and I have no idea why this is happening but it started within the last six months or so.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Same here. I think Colt's hosting just does that because the file sizes are different every time you download.

Yet it only happens on certain episodes? No idea.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It takes about 5 tries every week for the whole episode to download to my phone. Also, I don't know what the issue is but the guest's audio always goes in and out really bad when I listen to it.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I had the same problem will all Colts podcasts until I discovered they are all available on TuneIn Radio and they have worked flawlessly for me on there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wow, the most recent B&V show is quite the trainwreck. I love how Bryan just realizes these issues he'll have with going live as he does the show.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I loved Vinny's response to "Remember Murphy?" when talking about Gunner and Storm. He says "I don't care" without even thinking about it or missing a beat.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

After dark radio tonight is going to have a Jonestown survivor for a guest

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ch3cooh posted:

Her memoir isn't one I'd heard of, but pretty much any People's Temple member has an interesting story, especially the ones who escaped Jonestown. By interesting I mean incredibly depressing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ch3cooh posted:

Jesus Christ, I didn't know there WERE any Jonestown survivors :ohdear:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

A few guys were on their way out of the town when everything went down, there was an old guy who was so deaf he didn't hear the announcement for a meeting and then he hid in a ditch when he realized what was going on, and a 5 year old kid ran into the woods. A few others, too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Uh, I don't think you know the actual definition of "internet wrestling fan." It's not "someone who enjoys wrestling that has access to the internet."
I'd believe you if he didn't call all of the fans in the arena at the Royal Rumble "Internet fans."

They use it as code for "fans who call us out when we give them a lovely product."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Some members who were in the inner circle could get assigned to duties outside of Jonestown and try to flee (that's how Deborah Layton got out, she wrote one of the better books on the People's Temple) some were assigned to the capital and didn't follow the suicide order and some were lucky enough to be assigned overseas hiding the money Jones was stealing. That's on top of the few who survived inside Jonestown itself, and some of the members who were ordered to kill the visiting delegation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man that was a hosed up time and place, I should check out some of those memoirs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Man that was a hosed up time and place, I should check out some of those memoirs.

Seductive Poison is absolutely excellent but soul crushingly depressing.

Raven isn't a memoir but it is probably the best history of the church.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Didn't Jim Jones' son survive?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

achillesforever6 posted:

Didn't Jim Jones' son survive?

Two sons and a daughter iirc.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PaybackJack posted:

Two sons and a daughter iirc.
Yeah History Channel had a pretty good doc about it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah History Channel had a pretty good doc about it

I think I saw that one. I kinda wanna listen to the show but that'd mean listening to after dark so I'm not sure if that's a line I wanna cross.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

LordPants posted:

I think I saw that one. I kinda wanna listen to the show but that'd mean listening to after dark so I'm not sure if that's a line I wanna cross.

That was precisely the reaction it evoked in me

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm gonna make a one time exception because this is something I really want to hear.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

I'm gonna make a one time exception because this is something I really want to hear.

Listen and tell us if it's a pro click.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't know if I want to catch the After Dark, or just skip it and research Jonestown on my own. Possibly both.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CVagts posted:

I don't know if I want to catch the After Dark, or just skip it and research Jonestown on my own. Possibly both.

Honestly, even if you do check out the After Dark, also doing research on the subject wouldn't be a bad idea. It's hosed up, but it's an interesting hosed up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just don't read People's Temple apologist sites they will make you sad and angry.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

Just don't read People's Temple apologist sites they will make you sad and angry.

I shouldn't be surprised that this exists but I somehow am.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

I shouldn't be surprised that this exists but I somehow am.

The one I found is by a former member too, they talk about everything in the same terms Jones did. It's really sad. I would expect random tinfoil nutters to have their own conspiracy theory sites, but seeing a member was heartbreaking. THANKS BRYAN.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I haven't listened to After Dark since I was a guest on it, because it reminds me of the embarrassment that was my appearance on After Dark.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

MassRafTer posted:

Raven isn't a memoir but it is probably the best history of the church.

I went and borrowed this and its really interesting so far thanks mrt

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LordPants posted:

Listen and tell us if it's a pro click.

It very much is, the interview starts about 10 minutes in so you don't need to skip through any callers or poo poo.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

To Punchsporters: Have the feeling this has been asked before but who do you feel deserves to go into a Wrestling Hall of Fame (the ones of note at least) but you also think will never actually get inducted into one?

I only starting thinking about this as I rewatched the Mark Henry retirement speech, and have the feeling this may be a good example.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I can't believe I missed this:

(Jay Hunter is the host of OSWReview.)

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Punchsport Pissbois; which of Rey's Wrestlemania costumes do you feel was the worst?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

BlueArmyMan posted:

Punchsport Pissbois; which of Rey's Wrestlemania costumes do you feel was the worst?

Thats got to be a gimmie. He had one with a mask that kept falling off that he had to hold on with one hand the entire match.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Skinty McEdger posted:

Thats got to be a gimmie. He had one with a mask that kept falling off that he had to hold on with one hand the entire match.

My first thought is the Avatar one because I'm watching the Stone Cold blu-ray, and that's the one he wears in the PSA.

EDIT: Another question for both podcasts; what do you feel is Michael Cole's best on air performance as a commentator? Could be a full show, one match, or even one particular call.

BlueArmyMan fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 2, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gonna butt in again and say if you have an F4W sub you need to listen to this After Dark. The whole episode is one 110 minute interview and it's absolutely amazing. To the point where I'm bringing it up next time someone says Bryan's a bad interviewer.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Or if you don't have a subscription, it's in the free feed too. You can download it here. After Dark is always put in the free feed.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The 3rd Anniversary of the Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers is live!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Batista posted:

Or if you don't have a subscription, it's in the free feed too. You can download it here. After Dark is always put in the free feed.

Thanks for the link!

• Locked thread