Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nezkar posted:

Time to check some tool tips... oh wait, that doesn't work either

why don't you check it against training dummies

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I always use split arrow for my Doomfletcher. No damage reduction.

I've asked a few times in guild chat but I'm getting closer to needing to make a decision. ED CI Trickster: a good regalia with a ton of ES, a 6L regalia I try and craft myself or a cospris?

A cospris will let me get a third curse and free up a ring spot, but will leave me hurting for ES a bit, but not a ton since I'm planning on getting a 400-450 shield and I get the 250 from being a Trickster. But it would only be a 5L. Oh, and I can use a breath of the council over a consuming dark.

I'm thinking of just getting a 6L regalia and crafting it. It would have to be BBGGGR though.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don't see anything in DFP's description that would say it's "gain physical damage as extra damage of each element" get scaled twice (leaving it susceptible to the the same double dipping scale down as say GMP's less projectile damage applying to damage over ties).

An easy way to test the effect of physical-to-elemental conversion on DFP's scaling would be to slot in a L1 physical-to-lightning gem and see if it decreases your tooltip.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
The issue is that you don't see the additional damage on the tooltip, so I don't think that would accomplish anything?

If you want to test, I guess find something that isn't trivial with LA and an open blue socket. Then add a P2L to that socket and compare how long it takes to kill.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
It functions the same way as all added extra damage, like Herald of Ash for example - it scales off the base physical damage, after modifiers but before conversion. It's why DFP is so goddamn strong.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I always use split arrow for my Doomfletcher. No damage reduction.

I've asked a few times in guild chat but I'm getting closer to needing to make a decision. ED CI Trickster: a good regalia with a ton of ES, a 6L regalia I try and craft myself or a cospris?

A cospris will let me get a third curse and free up a ring spot, but will leave me hurting for ES a bit, but not a ton since I'm planning on getting a 400-450 shield and I get the 250 from being a Trickster. But it would only be a 5L. Oh, and I can use a breath of the council over a consuming dark.

I'm thinking of just getting a 6L regalia and crafting it. It would have to be BBGGGR though.

I'd be kinda hesitant to run cospri's on a ci char, the chest gives so much flat ES. Honestly given the colors you need, I'd probably look at 5ling a splendour or good ev/es piece from poe.tr.

In other news, good ci gear keeps dropping for me, got a 470 shield with 100+ spell crit, 35 res and open suffix last night.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nezkar posted:

Sup DFP buddy - Heres my dude, tho my gear is still pretty god awful. You mainly need to stack up some flat phys to do the dps. Im not sure about raiders, but it works well on inquistors!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mezlat/characters

I've got some whack points spent around duelist because I ran out respec orbs.

Why is LA bad? I was trying both T-Shot and LA, and while T-Shot can work with both single/aoe, I feel like LA clears way beter off screen. The conversion you get on LA shouldn't really effect the bonus damage your getting from DFP?

LA is fine. The conversion happens all at once. It doesn't reduce poo poo,.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I went into this bow character expecting to use tshot but I kinda don't love how it feels, even with the chain from deadeye. Maybe on a pierce build it feels better idk I've just been rolling with LA.

As an aside, voltaxic is still a pretty sweet bow post nerf that can now be gotten on the cheap due to being out of style.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jack Trades posted:

Are Vaal Gems super mega powerful or are they just trash?
Because they are incredibly annoying to use so I figured that they must be great numerically or something.

Vaal Righteous Fire is the single most damage dealing skill in the game, there's a gif on reddit of it 1-shotting the Minotaur boss. Too bad you can't use it with regular MF (unless you have Atziri's Acuity and enjoy playing Russian roulette!)

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

voltron lion force posted:

I went into this bow character expecting to use tshot but I kinda don't love how it feels, even with the chain from deadeye. Maybe on a pierce build it feels better idk I've just been rolling with LA.

As an aside, voltaxic is still a pretty sweet bow post nerf that can now be gotten on the cheap due to being out of style.

Tshot is not the best aoe clear skill, nor is it the best boss killer. Its main advantage is that it's pretty drat effective at both whereas most other bow skills are bad at one or the other. Also it's kinda nice with drillneck and/or picking out targets in a mob due to the guaranteed pierce on initial projectiles.

If you don't enjoy the feel you should absolutely use a different skill. There are lots of super strong bow skills right now.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Lightning Arrow and Ice Shot are by far the most satisfying bow skills, because of the sound and visual effects they produce. Herald of Ice with enough cold damage and Crit can get the other skills up to a similar level in the audio and visual department.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Would an Ice Shot ranger be good to try if I'm a) poor and b) tired of my flameblast totem witch?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

Would an Ice Shot ranger be good to try if I'm a) poor and b) tired of my flameblast totem witch?

by now decent rares and uniques are so cheap again you can play basically anything

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Dooooooooooooooomfletch.

I'm rolling one next in a few weeks. Gonna go all out stupid with phys damage and get a goddamn abyssus and two steel rings. Every time I encounter a reflect rare I'll have to scream for witnesses like a loving warboy.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
I didn't remember what doomfletch/doomfletch's prism did, so I pulled them up on the wiki to compare. Took me a solid 3 minutes to find what changed with the fated version- going from "an element" to "each element" doesn't exactly stand out...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah, that was me last league too. I wish the wiki actually highlighted the Fated differences.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Question about Steppan Eard.

It gives various bonuses if your standing on ground effects, does it matter whose ground effects they are? it doesn't specify and wanted to know if I could get a easy 2% life regen with arctic armor.

Nope. Can't proc from self or ally sources.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hahaha, today is one hell of a good drop day for me, I guess. Exalt from random mapping, then I Chanced a Void Battery.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
one day ill chance a unique, but it'll be something lame like a taste of hate

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

killstealing posted:

one day ill chance a unique, but it'll be something lame like a taste of hate

hows that lame

theshim
May 1, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Dooooooooooooooomfletch.

I'm rolling one next in a few weeks. Gonna go all out stupid with phys damage and get a goddamn abyssus and two steel rings. Every time I encounter a reflect rare I'll have to scream for witnesses like a loving warboy.
Doomfletch was hilarious because as soon as I hit level 40 I switched and I was killing rares in one shot, unless they were ele reflect rares, in which case I was killing myself in one shot :gibs: I'm really not sure how to deal with that short of rolling as Elementalist.

I ran it as Tornado Shot simply because it's the best all-rounder and I dislike Split Arrow's ineffectiveness for single-target.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

theshim posted:

I'm really not sure how to deal with that short of rolling as Elementalist.

Vaal pact.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

J posted:

There's another school of thought regarding what you pick up that skips the chaos recipe entirely and just focuses on going as fast as possible. Only pick up jewelry, belts, top tier bases for whatever builds are FOTM that league, and 6 socket items. Roll a bunch of maps at a time and try to minimize the time spent on inventory tetris in between maps. If you can't evaluate and price items quickly, throw them in a stash tab and price them later and get into the next map.

If you have a bunch of premium stash tabs you can basically let poe.trade find the good stuff for you. I just ID everything that I don't need for the unid recipe, dump it into a 1c buyout tab, and if I suddenly start getting a ton of people who want to buy a particular item I go back and re-price it for whatever it's actually worth. Then once you fill up your stash tabs you can just vendor everything without bothering to really look at the items.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

Doomfletch was hilarious because as soon as I hit level 40 I switched and I was killing rares in one shot, unless they were ele reflect rares, in which case I was killing myself in one shot :gibs: I'm really not sure how to deal with that short of rolling as Elementalist.

I ran it as Tornado Shot simply because it's the best all-rounder and I dislike Split Arrow's ineffectiveness for single-target.

I was an elementalist doomfletcher last league and I would still gib myself sometimes. This time I'm just not bothering - full on stupid mode.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Didn't have any issues with Arrow Dancing on my Inquisitor.

theshim
May 1, 2012

TheRat posted:

Vaal pact.
Gibbing myself through that too :buddy: I didn't take Arrow Dancing, I think, so that's a bunch of survivability I could have used.

Vasudus posted:

I was an elementalist doomfletcher last league and I would still gib myself sometimes. This time I'm just not bothering - full on stupid mode.
gently caress yeah :unsmigghh::respek::unsmigghh:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kild posted:

hows that lame

After the initial gently caress yeah you'll prolly hit yourself for not chancing skyforth

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Inquis crit doomfletch worked well for me, this was when LA worked on frost wall though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

killstealing posted:

After the initial gently caress yeah you'll prolly hit yourself for not chancing skyforth

I don't know if that's how the RNG works :P I chanced a lovely fuckin' moonstone ring into its unique yesterday. I've now stopped picking those up habitually.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was looking at and probably going to do Ghazzy's Lich build cause I like Skeletons in genereal, but is there a reason not to take Minion Instability? I know it basically gives enemies culling strike, but with +++ to minion life, that 33% should be a lot of damage. Is leaving it out balancing your survivability (glass cannon)?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

theshim posted:

- You're still running 4links, at least grab a 5link for an extra gem, it adds a shitton, how are you level 80 with 4links

Hey some of us have been trying to link an endgame weapon for over a week and have not even gotten a 5 link on it. Level 85 with just 4 links :saddowns:. But my damage is still pretty good because warchief totem wrecks poo poo up.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Tiny Bug Child posted:

If you have a bunch of premium stash tabs you can basically let poe.trade find the good stuff for you. I just ID everything that I don't need for the unid recipe, dump it into a 1c buyout tab, and if I suddenly start getting a ton of people who want to buy a particular item I go back and re-price it for whatever it's actually worth.

This is scummy as hell. Good job dude.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is Doomfletch a particular bow for Rangers or something? I have no idea what y'all were talking about and I can't get to the wiki from here :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doomfletch%27s_Prism

As the page says, you first need a regular Doomfletch than need to get the right Prophecy (either luck out with Navali or just buy a sealed one) in order to upgrade it to the Prism.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 15, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Is Doomfletch a particular bow for Rangers or something? I have no idea what y'all were talking about and I can't get to the wiki from here :(

quote:

Bow
Physical Damage: (18–57 to 22–61)
Critical Strike Chance: (6.50 to 7.00)%
Attacks per Second: (1.59 to 1.65)Requires Level 40, 95 Dex
(6 to 12)% increased Elemental Damage with WeaponsAdds (8–16 to 12–20) Physical Damage
(10 to 14)% increased Attack Speed
(30 to 40)% increased Critical Strike Chance
60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of each Element

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

Vaal pact.

do you have a link to your filter

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So wait all physical damage is effectively multiplied 3.3x with that thing? :stare: How much does that bow cost

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

ImsaKidd posted:

This is scummy as hell. Good job dude.

Less scummy version is to have 7 (or multiple of 7) stash tabs all set to public with exact price, but nothing priced. One for each day of the week. Load 'em up then if they haven't had any nibbles in a week, vendor for chaos.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

So wait all physical damage is effectively multiplied 3.3x with that thing? :stare: How much does that bow cost

I could buy one right now (you know, if I wasn't at work and not on a new laptop that doesn't have the game installed) for as low as 18c.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Apoplexy posted:

I don't know if that's how the RNG works :P I chanced a lovely fuckin' moonstone ring into its unique yesterday. I've now stopped picking those up habitually.

you couldve ahd a 40ex boot designed by a narcissist that's stupid OP

PJSalt

• Locked thread