Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This came up on my FB feed, may be of interest:

The bitly link is to here:

https://www.sfomuseum.org/exhibitions/dugan-fabbre-survive-shore/gallery/#3

This is lovely, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I casually slipped "We hebben een serieus probleem" into conversation with my Dutch sister-in-law and she was like "Yeah I kno-...wait, what?" lol

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

We seemen to bee in eine biggun pil ov shitten

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
The thing people have missed off from Major is related to the mess we are in now, the Maastricht treaty and formation of the EU. Maggie vs Major, Maastricht Bastards, people flying down and hiding ill people before votes. It was pretty similar to February 2019.

We did get a bunch of opt outs obviously, like Denmark but it essentially set up the formation of UKIP, ERG, all of that mess so that along with governments taking credit for progressive EU laws and any regressive or ones that cause problems being said to be EU problems, with the press complying.

That all led up to 2016.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Maybe the cop from Allo Allo was speaking Dutch all this time

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

How is Dutch a real language lol

Starbucks posted:

Maastricht Bastards

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

smellmycheese posted:

We seemen to bee in eine biggun pil ov shitten

You had me at seemen

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lolololol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I respect her pragmatic approach to politics.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We hebben een serieus corruptieprobleem

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Partner: I hear they have some nice accomodation in some large barges, just off the coast. Put her in there.

Take everyone else out, that's fine. She can have the place to herself.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lol. Eurovision now descending to compete chaos. French and Irish both refused to do the rehearsal

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

smellmycheese posted:

lol. Eurovision now descending to compete chaos. French and Irish both refused to do the rehearsal

Finnish refusing to say Israel. It’s going to be a shitshow.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What a genius move of the non-political EBU to make overtly political decisions because "Israel."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I see that Pure Gym are having a productive weekend too

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Hmm might have to start respecting our Irish entry if she keeps heading in this direction

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao at all of this

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

What a genius move of the non-political EBU to make overtly political decisions because "Israel."

It's fascinating to see the collision between the views of the establishment, who are all Israel, all the way and the mass of the public, who are very much: "Free Palestine!" It's such a massive contradiction because Eurovision is ostensibly a popular event, and you can't just exclude the public from it and make it elite only.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

thought i was having a stroke when i saw a video which said Katie Price 2005 eurovision song entry she came second to the actual entrant who literally only got 4 countries to give any points in the final lol

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jesus loving Christ

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Like, if the contest is rigged so that Israel wins while the crowd and viewers boo and jeer, it's going to be pretty obvious what's going on.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

I just asked him where his hairpieces are made these days lol

that's actually a hate crime and he is calling the police on you and having his lawyers prepare papers on you right now

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

Jesus loving Christ

i think the best fit would be to resurrect one of jk's anti-semitic goblins

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Guavanaut posted:

What’s the point in a gym that doesn’t have a pool / steam room / restaurant anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

that's actually a hate crime and he is calling the police on you and having his lawyers prepare papers on you right now
The papers might make him look a bit more presentable than the usual plastic fishing line he wears.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pistol_Pete posted:

Like, if the contest is rigged so that Israel wins while the crowd and viewers boo and jeer, it's going to be pretty obvious what's going on.

Doubt they need to rig it tbh. I can see a lot of people who don't normally do Eurovision throwing in their support for Israel in the name of 'solidarity' while everyone else is splitting their votes between 24 (23? 22?) other songs or just straight boycotting

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

smellmycheese posted:

Jesus loving Christ

The loving ego on her.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Guavanaut posted:

As this is clearly a ‘cancel’ page, having the “stay” option at the top and orange is some serious dark pattern poo poo. Thanks, I hate it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Rarity posted:

Doubt they need to rig it tbh. I can see a lot of people who don't normally do Eurovision throwing in their support for Israel in the name of 'solidarity' while everyone else is splitting their votes between 24 (23? 22?) other songs or just straight boycotting

Seen quite a few of those on twitter - "never voted in Eurovision or even watched it before but here to throw in my vote for Israel"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Never voted in Eurovision or even watched it but I'll be bombing a preschool because I heard it would upset the wokes.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Found this chap in my garden :

Would any entomologists be able to confirm whether it's a fall armyworm , which is what Lens results seem to suggest?

If so, seems bad, given it's meant to be native to Southern America, and its propensity to 'damage and destroy a wide variety of crops, which causes large economic damage.'

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, a lot of moth pupae look like that, so it's probably not specifically a south american moth.

https://www.google.com/search?q=moth+pupae

Like if you can tell them apart you're doing better than me.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I am reassured.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Fail armyworm

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Red Oktober posted:

As this is clearly a ‘cancel’ page, having the “stay” option at the top and orange is some serious dark pattern poo poo. Thanks, I hate it.

Gyms and betting shops have always been pioneers in dark pattern Decepticon tricks

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/esc_gabe/status/1789328584441483440

Rumours are Switzerland and Estonia are refusing to perform over the Dutch explusion.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you don't vote for israel at eurovision, putin wins.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/esc_gabe/status/1789328584441483440

Rumours are Switzerland and Estonia are refusing to perform over the Dutch explusion.

Might need to know more about these Spanish dancers to decide

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ons vir jou poo poo-show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I believe after consulting the academy the French papers are still running with spectacle de merde