Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

I have a test scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30pm. I'm not happy about this situation and frankly I'm scared. I just want to cry but that will just hurt

fuckin hell. try and feel better soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

snoo posted:

what's the best way to sanitize a half mask and the filters (i got those 7093s too)? because i read you can wash the mask itself with soap and water, but i would want to take the filters off obviously and idk what to use to clean those before removal, or if i just need to wipe the whole thing down

i've read to use diluted bleach (i barely have any) or some kind of ammonia (don't have any), and alcohol is bad for it but i'm not sure why.

I don't see any reason to clean the filter box, just take them off clean your hands, do whatever, put them on, clean your hands. If you want to disinfect them you could just leave them in the sun and flip them a few times I suppose, but this isn't like any other filter as virus will get sucked through the crack of the box and not through it. So it isn't like they get stuck in the exposed part of the filter, like an n95.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

shovelbum posted:

Read the manufacturers instructions for the cleaning, alcohol is good for most masks nowadays

oh thank you, some website said do not use alcohol, but the 3M sheet says that it is probably fine for some.

quote:

Note: Use of IPA solution resulted in degradation of inhalation valves after ~ 20 cycles, for some 3M facepieces.

if i'm just wiping down the filter carts and washing the actual mask with soap and water, or maybe soap/water/bleach, that's probably just fine

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I got called a psychopath for "not protecting other people's grandmas"

Sorry I'm venting but come on I bet the respirator output valve as good as cloth and I was trying to cover it with surgical mask ziptie anyways

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

facetoucher cat posted:

Yesterday I had a sore throat to the point it was almost impossible to swallow. Cool, okay, maybe just allergies or something equally as dumb

Today I end up sleeping until noon waking up covered in sweat and every inch of my body is on fire, like deep muscle pain with the severe sore throat and pain in my chest when fully inflating my lungs. I can't think clearly and had to try and reschedule an interview because I'm fuct (they've not contacted me back)

I went to a doctor's appointment last Thursday but was in an empty waiting room except for 3 minutes another woman was in there at least 25 feet from me. Everyone was wearing masks correctly

We physically went into a restaurant to pick up an order for about 5 to 10 minutes last Friday and this white woman stood on my heels because she couldn't be bothered to stand outside the really small shop. I was going to say something to her but honestly didn't want to ruin my good mood 🙃

Everyone there had masks on correctly

That night I was hit by a weird wave of nausea that resulted in me painting the parking lot with banh mi. We had been out for a late night drive for a change of scenery

Other than those interactions I've not been out or face to face with anyone. I got groceries I disinfected on the 27th and of course every other day of mail that I also disinfect

I'm not coughing much at all but my entire body hurts, I'm restless, my throat is on fire, and if I take a super deep breath it feels like my chest muscles stick knives in my lungs for inflating too much, hard to explain

I have a test scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30pm. I'm not happy about this situation and frankly I'm scared. I just want to cry but that will just hurt

I hope you make a full and quick recovery ftc! :sympathy:

What was the restaurant meal?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

mastershakeman posted:

Sorry I'm venting but come on I bet the respirator output valve as good as cloth and I was trying to cover it with surgical mask ziptie anyways

I don't understand... this doesn't sound like a Covid wife at all :mad:

No laughs to be had and very disappointing.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

your wife is a hypocrite and sucks poo poo, sorry

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

snoo posted:

your wife is a hypocrite and sucks poo poo, sorry

They aren't sending their best to marry Mastershakeman.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I just realized I said "I'm venting" about my respirator and I need to cheer up and start using more puns

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I hope you make a full and quick recovery ftc! :sympathy:

What was the restaurant meal?

banh mi, a little pork eggroll, chili oil to dip it in, and coconut juice

same thing I get from them every time because it's buy 5 banh mi you get one free for 20$

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

NSW (Sydney) border opens to Victoria (Melbourne) on November 23:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-04/nsw-coronavirus-victorian-border-to-open/12846416

I tried to go to Sydney for the first time since 1987 in December but it was cancelled due to the horrific bush fires. My wife wants to go asap, but I'm too scared to go by plane and it's a 9 hour drive. Maybe I'll have my own covid wife story soon.

Our airline credit from the cancellation expires at the end of the year too.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

2fat4sex posted:

Update on my illness: the fever broke overnight and the cough seems to be mostly gone. My sense of smell is a bit muted, but that could just be the congestion I also ended up getting and hasn't cleared up yet

I wish I could go get a test to be sure, but I'm uninsured. I know the test itself is supposed to be free because of that one federal law, but I also know a walk-in clinic or the like will also charge for the visit, $40 for a styrofoam cup of water etc and I can't afford to pay that off. Too bad I don't live in a country with real healthcare

Any idea how you caught it?

Nthing that you should hit up the goon fund

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

facetoucher cat posted:

banh mi, a little pork eggroll, chili oil to dip it in, and coconut juice

same thing I get from them every time because it's buy 5 banh mi you get one free for 20$

I’m not getting covid for anything less than chicken tendies personally.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I really should have gotten something more decadent if I knew it would be making me sick potentially. The RvR on this was subpar

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at all the pix of voting and just huge lines of people huffing the same air. good poo poo

thanksgiving is going to be spent in the hospital for a lot of people, sadly

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

lmao

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

:same:

But now wife is in the hospital getting induced, so here I am. Crossing fingers that we get out of here with just her, me, and our kiddo without any Covid.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Awesome, the night nurse was chatting with the midwife and she talked about how she "just came back from a vacation in Disneyland with her grandbabies".

loving shoot me.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Joey Steel posted:

Awesome, the night nurse was chatting with the midwife and she talked about how she "just came back from a vacation in Disneyland with her grandbabies".

loving shoot me.

lamo wtf? rip

how's the wife?

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

facetoucher cat posted:

lamo wtf? rip

how's the wife?

She's fine. slightly elevated BP, but I mean, that's why she's getting induced.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
+94k cases, +1200 deaths for the us on worldometer today

hachi machi, it's pushing right up to March/April peak levels for everything. in a week or two it will be as if we just took the entire last 8 months and flushed them right down the toilet--not a drat thing mattered

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
$1200 to last 6 months, we are a failed state

WHERE'S MY FUCKIN MONEY (TRUMP/BIDEN)??

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

+94k cases, +1200 deaths for the us on worldometer today

hachi machi, it's pushing right up to March/April peak levels for everything. in a week or two it will be as if we just took the entire last 8 months and flushed them right down the toilet--not a drat thing mattered

Big lol if you're still waiting for any mattering of any type

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

mod sassinator posted:

$1200 to last 6 months, we are a failed state

WHERE'S MY FUCKIN MONEY (TRUMP/BIDEN)??

Weeeell, it was you or number...

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

facetoucher cat posted:

Wishing you the best, facetoucher cat :(

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Zil posted:

I assume you had to buy the filters separately? Which ones did you get by chance?

Mask: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/7501/3M160528-ND/6827883
Filters: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/7093B/3M160508-ND/6827876

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

word I have the same rigout

You can find goggles to fit the nosepiece and accommodate glasses, but they're tricky. I found these, there are several permutations of the same design floating around: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084VJCBKH

Could be especially hard if you have a small face though. they're definitely made for a face larger than mine, an average height male

Thank you! I'm using lab goggles but they're vented. Will check these out - maybe they have a kid version lol

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Lovelyn posted:

Wishing you the best, facetoucher cat :(

tks

I'm sure I'll be fine. The saddest part so far has been having to keep my cat away because he just wants his night time cuddles and I'm not putting out the hugs so he's just occasionally coming into the bed room pouting and meouxing at the wall

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

facetoucher cat posted:

tks

I'm sure I'll be fine. The saddest part so far has been having to keep my cat away because he just wants his night time cuddles and I'm not putting out the hugs so he's just occasionally coming into the bed room pouting and meouxing at the wall

Is your husband nice to the cat(s)?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Lovelyn posted:

Mask: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/7501/3M160528-ND/6827883
Filters: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/7093B/3M160508-ND/6827876

Thank you! I'm using lab goggles but they're vented. Will check these out - maybe they have a kid version lol

I order off this site on the regular, and never have I gotten to watch inventory counters increment like this in real time! Wild.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’m reminded of that Reddit post someone shared from a Detected person, who complained that it felt like something else was inside them.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Wife is back to normal BP, night nurse has not returned.

Hoo boy. I'll be grey by the time we bring this kid home.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Joey Steel posted:

Best wishes for you both.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

cdc says cover it, calosha says its same as cloth, i would just tie a surgical over your filters and not try to tightly cover it

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I just wear a surgical mask over the vent? only problem is that I have a 3m 6005 that cents downwards and a surgical mask redirects my exhaled breath up into my glasses and I freak out thinking I don’t have a proper seal

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Lovelyn posted:

Is your husband nice to the cat(s)?

very much so, he adores them and they love him too but I'm mom so it's different

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Joey Steel posted:

I'm happy to hear abt her blood pressure, boo nurses makin themselves scarce when needed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

3M 7093B, P100 cartridges

they're cased in plastic to protect from water.

I think 3M's data sheet claims 3 months of daily usage, data here: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Particulate-Filter-7093B-P100-144-EA-Case/?N=5002385+3294776320&rt=rud

I was reading about a tuberculosis hospital that sanitised outside of the filters daily and only replaced them annually, but I can’t source that so take it as an anecdote.

These are the best there are, but beware their are counterfeits afloat.

I bought mine before I knew that and they seem to be genuine.

Genuine right

Note the keyed bayonet mounting openings, with one wing smaller.

Genuine top

If you pop the housing open, which can be done nondestructively with hæmostats or fine tweezers to release the tabs on the back, the difference there by be overwhelming.

I believe that the ugly looking one would fail a negative pressure check, where you press the filter housings into the mask and attempt to inhale. That snotty silicone wouldn’t make a seal.

Particular details may vary. The point is to be aware that fakes are out there. Buy from a reputable outlet if you can and give them a close look if you cannot.

Here’s one retailer that should have legitimate stock if they have stock.

Nocturtle posted:

I had my cloth mask + envo mask + goggles glued on the whole time (half-mask respirators weren't allowed there, I checked) but am under no illusion that those are sufficient protection if in fact anyone there was infectious. Fully on-board the half-face respirator+P100 bandwagon now but maybe it's too late.

There are N100/P100 semi‐disposables that are basically Envo Mask size and shape.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 06:24 on Nov 4, 2020

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Anyone find any affordable methods for amplifying one's voice when wearing a painter's respirator yet? Learn ASL and also hope whoever I'm talking to also knows it?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
Could carry a small dry erase board on a necklace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I wear the north honeywell with voice diaphragm and I've had an issue with someone hearing me like once