Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

UnknownTarget posted:

I know exactly what to say to blow this up into a huge fight but I don't want to lmao

Oh come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

UnknownTarget posted:

I know exactly what to say to blow this up into a huge fight but I don't want to lmao

:justpost:

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the people being very careful getting covid genuinely frightens me

facetoucher cat posted:

We physically went into a restaurant to pick up an order for about 5 to 10 minutes last Friday

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
oh, by the by, I couldn't get a covid test today because all of the state sanctioned testing facilities are closed, so, yeah

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

fermun posted:

ah weird, the people who have to work in person are catching a deadly virus and having huge complications. i hope that the people that work from home are ok mental health-wise, spending all their time with their spouse and children.

learn to read

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

oic

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
time to dust this off

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
1 in 34 Americans have caught the roni.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

SKULL.GIF posted:

I still have a cough and a sore throat (much less severe than several days ago)

Wishing you a speedy recovery with no long term damage, SKULL :(
-----------
Respirator chat:

I live in rainy WA and bought a 3M 7501. Highly recommend for anyone with a petite face - molded N95s didn't even come close to sealing for me. Felt very safe doing one last grocery run before the apocalypse (curbside from a union shop) while giving this baby a test drive

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

the bird thing is not has weird has it sound, since minks where getting corona from birds, but the link between animals and humans is rare

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

1 in 34 Americans have caught the roni.

1 in 16 in North Dakota

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Frumply posted:

start using a waterpik (much better than floss) and brush with sensodyne and you'll be almost pain free in a few months.

what most people don't know is that flossing can only get about 2mm under the gumline but plaque can build up as far as 4mm so some people can still get degeneration of the jaw bone even if they floss twice a day and a waterpik will solve that.

u shud still floss u dumb b*tch but also i looked on ebay and they were cheap af open box so i got one lol. ebay ftw

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lovelyn posted:

-----------
Respirator chat:

I live in rainy WA and bought a 3M 7501. Highly recommend for anyone with a petite face - molded N95s didn't even come close to sealing for me. Felt very safe doing one last grocery run before the apocalypse (curbside from a union shop) while giving this baby a test drive

I assume you had to buy the filters separately? Which ones did you get by chance?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Lovelyn posted:

-----------
Respirator chat:

word I have the same rigout

You can find goggles to fit the nosepiece and accommodate glasses, but they're tricky. I found these, there are several permutations of the same design floating around: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084VJCBKH

Could be especially hard if you have a small face though. they're definitely made for a face larger than mine, an average height male

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at all the pix of voting and just huge lines of people huffing the same air. good poo poo

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Tei posted:

the bird thing is not has weird has it sound, since minks where getting corona from birds, but the link between animals and humans is rare

It would be less rare in a country with large parts of the population doing subsistence farming, so I think it is a fairly reasonable threat or at least a threat that is hard to quantify.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at all the pix of voting and just huge lines of people huffing the same air. good poo poo

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1323725227487100928

gonna be pretty funny when biden loses, gets infected, then suddenly dies

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lovelyn posted:

-----------
Respirator chat:

What kind of cartridges are those?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1323725227487100928

gonna be pretty funny when biden loses, gets infected, then suddenly dies

I think the DNC is assuming Sleepy will croak and Kamala will automatically become after that...

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

empty whippet box posted:

time to dust this off

hail jebroni

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

etalian posted:

I think the DNC is assuming Sleepy will croak and Kamala will automatically become after that...

i can already see kamala's fake tears at the funeral

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Stevie Lee posted:

i can already see kamala's fake tears at the funeral

It was a funeral! *cackle*

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

I hope her dad becomes a pundit and trashes her on the daily

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Lovelyn posted:

Respirator chat:

Nice. I like the design of that one compared to my 3m 6200. Looks a bit smaller over the nose.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Gio posted:

learn to read
do you love wfh or hate it, i'm confused?

Gio posted:

yeah my wife and i do all the time, and other than the agoraphobia quarantine has been good for our health, mental and physical. but its caused me to treat every human interaction as a high stress situation.

Gio posted:

but yeah, wfh since march has messed with my wife and i’s brain. my brother and sister in law’s brains, too.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

you know what else messes with ur brain? covid

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Strep Vote posted:

What kind of cartridges are those?
3M 7093B, P100 cartridges

they're cased in plastic to protect from water.

I think 3M's data sheet claims 3 months of daily usage, data here: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Particulate-Filter-7093B-P100-144-EA-Case/?N=5002385+3294776320&rt=rud

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

I think 3M's data sheet claims 3 months of daily usage, data here: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Particulate-Filter-7093B-P100-144-EA-Case/?N=5002385+3294776320&rt=rud

The great thing about pure particulate filters is that they just get better with time, so until you find it problematic to breath through you can keep using the same ones.

Edit: Ok, the great thing about particulate filters that are rated for it, is that they protect you against Corona. I suppose I should have written "a" instead of "the" great thing.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 00:40 on Nov 4, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/11/03/trump-biden-election-live-updates/

quote:

BEDFORD, N.H. — A “non-masked voting” tent in New Hampshire collapsed around midday Tuesday, sending a 72-year-old poll worker to the hospital and forcing election officials to find another option for voters who preferred to cast ballots while not wearing a mask.

The incident happened in the town of Bedford, an upscale community carried by Trump in 2016, Mitt Romney in 2012 and John McCain in 2008. Non-masked voters went into the heavy-duty tent set up outside the town’s polling place, Bedford High School, rather than voting with thousands of others inside the gymnasium.

The weather here was cold and blustery, and around midday, a strong gust blew across the parking lot outside the high school and briefly tossed the tent into the air. “It flew up, fell over, collapsed,” said Bill Klein, the polling place’s moderator.

One poll worker suffered a laceration to his face; Klein had to find a way to move “non-masked” voters into a room inside the school, safely separated from voters wearing masks to protect themselves and others from the possible spread of the coronavirus.

The falling tent narrowly missed striking the poll worker in the eye.

“It’s been one hell of a year,” Klein said. “I cannot wait until this is over.”

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thank you.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Homeless Friend posted:

I'm gonna go insane if I get this poo poo because my wife threw a giant tantrum about the p100 respirator + that I had to vote , I couldn't get my n95 sealed quite right and every now and then would see a hint of fog on my glasses

There was no one voting, just 10 people talking in a 85 degree gym with no ventilation

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

the people being very careful getting covid genuinely frightens me

hope you’re all okay

if snoo gets it then I’m blackpilled and just loving done

I'm not as careful as I should be so I'm surprised I haven't gotten knocked on my rear end yet. Probably a matter of time tbh, there's a lot of people in my office not wearing a mask + I'm the toucher of others' computers.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

mastershakeman posted:

I'm gonna go insane if I get this poo poo because my wife threw a giant tantrum about the p100 respirator + that I had to vote , I couldn't get my n95 sealed quite right and every now and then would see a hint of fog on my glasses

There was no one voting, just 10 people talking in a 85 degree gym with no ventilation

Years from now the math will be done to figure out exactly how many people literally lost their lives, to vote in the 2020 election. I don't think you will be among them though, if it only sometimes fogged it was probably mostly sealing when you inhaled.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Nov 4, 2020

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what's the best way to sanitize a half mask and the filters (i got those 7093s too)? because i read you can wash the mask itself with soap and water, but i would want to take the filters off obviously and idk what to use to clean those before removal, or if i just need to wipe the whole thing down

i've read to use diluted bleach (i barely have any) or some kind of ammonia (don't have any), and alcohol is bad for it but i'm not sure why.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mastershakeman posted:

I know it’s an ongoing joke that your wife is trying to kill you but wtf dude? Your wife had a problem with you blocking 5% more virus and had a tantrum?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

what's the best way to sanitize a half mask and the filters (i got those 7093s too)? because i read you can wash the mask itself with soap and water, but i would want to take the filters off obviously and idk what to use to clean those before removal, or if i just need to wipe the whole thing down

i've read to use diluted bleach (i barely have any) or some kind of ammonia (don't have any), and alcohol is bad for it but i'm not sure why.

Read the manufacturers instructions for the cleaning, alcohol is good for most masks nowadays

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7QRsx9lbBU

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I love this god drat country so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

snoo posted:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...94059252&rt=rud here's the one I have

here's all of em https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...294857497&rt=r3

every page has an info sheet, PDF, at the bottom

I use bleach, dilluted, and air it out