Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

buy and play the best dark souls game

Can you still buy and play it? Pretty sure you can only play the messed up remake of it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_in_video_games
other cool games that released 10 years ago in 2014:

shovel knight, fez, guacamelee, gta5

Stick of Truth?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Jazzpunk, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Thief (2014), Goat Simulator, Titanfall, Hearthstone, Pure Chess, dang that year had it all.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Waltzing Along posted:

Can you still buy and play it? Pretty sure you can only play the messed up remake of it now.

the "remake" is just the same game & same engine with all the dlc bundled in. it's fine. some people are just annoyed because they changed some of the enemy positioning in levels.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Didn't play GTA5 until about a month ago. I played four or five missions and uninstalled it.

Geez looking at the list of game releases, 2014 was bleak.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

GTA5 sucked really bad

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
It was somehow less enjoyable than all the ps2 gtas and also gta4

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Fez and guacamelee where in the same year? Crazy.

I replayed Fez just last year, it has help up brilliantly. Didn't take too long to 100% it, which is weird as I didn't think I'd have remembered that much, or maybe it's actually much easier than I remember.

Go buy Fez, it's good.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol Phil Fish

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fez was fine with some neat stuff and some stupid stuff (the QR codes)but lol Phil Fish

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
This is a very firm case of seperating the art from the artist. It's a good game who's creator went off to do dumb stuff. It's like keeping your kids away from minecraft since the taint of Notch might still be there.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Unpopular Videogame Opinions: The Taint of Notch

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah it's great, worth modding a little, this came out recently and it's apparently vg

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

credburn posted:

It's been almost three decades I've been saying Chrono Trigger sucks and I think people are starting to come around and pretty soon I'll be there to receive my WE WERE WRONG / YOU WERE RIGHT apology from The Masses.

My man talking about Chrono Trigger like it's Resident Evil 8: The Village

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Resident Evil: Village was most of a fun game with with a really dogshit boring spookhouse segment and I dont remember one of those in Chrono Trigger

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Fez didn't come out in 2014, that's when it came out for PS4, or something.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I demand an apology from someone after playing RE8

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
SA poster Vic, I am personally very sorry and I'll reflect about what re8 VILLage and by extension myself have done to you.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Thank you I accept your apology.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Duck and Cover posted:

Chrono Trigger's music makes it one of the best videogames.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If that was true Chrono Cross would be the best game ever

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The only good songs on the Chrono Cross soundtrack are the retreads of Trigger tunes

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Scars of Time is p good tho I will admit

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Literally A Person posted:

If that was true Chrono Cross would be the best game ever

I like chrono cross’ islandy beach vibe though.

Similarly, is final fantasy 15 just you driving convertibles and eating at diners with while looking very anime? Because im not into final fantasy but it looks pretty good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I like chrono cross’ islandy beach vibe though.

Similarly, is final fantasy 15 just you driving convertibles and eating at diners with while looking very anime? Because im not into final fantasy but it looks pretty good.

I mean, its the good part and the core emotion the game is built around cause the story and combat aren't anything to write home about.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I knew Sekiro was set in Sengoku Japan so I expected some cool poo poo but I wasn't expecting to be eating candy and doing acrobatics that would make Batman jealous. Also I was a heartbeat away from death, crouched on this rocky overlook and a fairly large chicken started making noise and I figured it was just there to keep me from being stealthy so I ignored it until it was very close and just as I finally thought "wait are you an evil chicken?" it killed me. Don't think I've been killed by a chicken since Link to the Past.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

"wait are you an evil chicken?"

lol

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah Dark Souls 2 is like the one single player game where this advice isn’t true. (I’m still waiting for my vanilla/scholar customizable hybrid edition FROM.)

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Shadow of the Colossus remake is superior to every previous version in every single way, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The differences between original Dark Souls 2 and Scholar are pretty minimal. It's like 90% "the dlc is integrated differently and the first part of old iron keep sucks now".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Redezga posted:

Shadow of the Colossus remake is superior to every previous version in every single way, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

They hosed up wanders character model progression, and added a barrel from The Last Guardian as a secret findable so nope.

Not really an "inferior/superior" thing but being able to see to the bottom of the lakes on the water bosses makes them way less spooky for me.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

didn't play much Sekiro over the weekend but when I did I struggled. I've spent the last six months having it drilled into my brain that staying mobile and dodging needs to practically be instinct. I think it's getting me killed a lot here. Every fight feels like a pressure fight so I'm having to tell myself to stay aggressive and stop weaving in and out so much. When it works it feels great, but it's not working too often right now.

A quick question, I've done what the doc wanted and I can cure Dragonrot but I only have one blood drop to do it with right now and I dunno how common they are, should I even bother if I still expect I'm going to be getting my rear end handed to me regularly? It sounds like it's something that will always come back. I'm not even sure what it does besides lowering my Unseen Aid, which was only 30% to begin with so that doesn't seem like much of a penalty. I just don't want important people dying.

William Henry Hairytaint fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 25, 2024

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Certain merchants/quests get locked off due to dragonrot but none of them actually matter and theres nothing great behind them.

You can also absolutely play Sekiro as hit and run, I beat the game easily doing it but it will go much much faster if you learn the parrying for bosses.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

A quick question, I've done what the doc wanted and I can cure Dragonrot but I only have one blood drop to do it with right now and I dunno how common they are, should I even bother if I still expect I'm going to be getting my rear end handed to me regularly? It sounds like it's something that will always come back. I'm not even sure what it does besides lowering my Unseen Aid, which was only 30% to begin with so that doesn't seem like much of a penalty. I just don't want important people dying.

Dragonrot only does two things:
1- makes you unable to finish a quest line until you restore it, since the NPC's b asically just cough and go 'oh nooo im sick!'. But they won't die or anything.
2- lowers your chance of receiving unseen aid as you said. The only thing unseen aid does is make it so when it kicks in after a death, you don't lose any Sen/EXP. A free death, basically.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about restoring it at this point. By the time you get to mid/end game you end up with plenty of the droplets anyway.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Looking forward to Henry's sekiro updates

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Yea most of your deaths are from retrying bosses, so I'd say just pop a droplet every time you feel you've explored some new content. There's plenty of droplets, not enough to grind against bosses, but enough for when you think "oh hey I've seen a new area, wonder if the NPCs have anything fun to say about it"?.

It being implied that the dragonrot might kill anyone is a slightly manipulative thing that I feel didn't land quite right.

edit: gently caress, this isn't the Sekiro thread sorry. Come join us there as we gush over our favorite bosses. Spoiler-lite zone, promise.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

it SHOULD be the sekiro thread though

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
Unpopular Videogame Opinions: it SHOULD be the sekiro thread though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

didn't play much Sekiro over the weekend but when I did I struggled. I've spent the last six months having it drilled into my brain that staying mobile and dodging needs to practically be instinct. I think it's getting me killed a lot here. Every fight feels like a pressure fight so I'm having to tell myself to stay aggressive and stop weaving in and out so much. When it works it feels great, but it's not working too often right now.

Sekiro is a hardcore dance game. Once you begin a waltz you simply cannot stop until it is over, else you'll need to start over from the beginning but all of balance and panicking so you mess up and start krumping and they swan lake your rear end off the stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Barudak posted:

I beat the game easily

:allears: