Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Minus one disjointed flashback cutscene the beginning of KH3 is remarkably straightforward for the series. It doesn't last though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

How much cutscenes are there in the beginning of KH3 before gameplay? Is it too crazy to just skip them all?

It actually might be the best KH in terms of getting you into the action quickly? Like within the first 20 minutes you’re sent to a Disney world and start loving poo poo up

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
What's the ttsdg (time to Sora Donald Goofy)?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Paracelsus posted:

Maybe 15 minutes? If I remember right it goes intro cutcene -> Dearly Beloved tutorial on the stained glass like in KH1 -> SDG standing in Yen Sid's room and he says it almost immediately.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Kibayasu posted:

Though there is one specific part of Leon’s time with X just before leaving the police station that can be particularly brutal if you aren’t prepared for it.

I wasn't prepared

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paracelsus posted:

Pretty quick and they say it a lot, to the point where I think they’re being self-aware about it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pretty quick and they say it a lot, to the point where I think they’re being self-aware about it

Considering the ferocious grip Disney has over the series I have to wonder if they're not forced to refer to them as such every time because it feels very weird.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Paracelsus posted:

Is this a sex thing?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Is this a sex thing?
It's an ancient OldManMurray thing.

edit: so about as far from a sex thing as possible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they introduce themselves a lot

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's an ancient OldManMurray thing.

edit: so about as far from a sex thing as possible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I got killed by the first Licker and i think my heart's had enough for tonight :sweatdrop:

It's cool tho

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I get that lickers are supposed to be blind but I never had any luck walking past them. I think they’re worth killing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I get that lickers are supposed to be blind but I never had any luck walking past them. I think they’re worth killing.

i have literally never had a licker react to me if i didnt fire a gun or physically bump into it. i dont see how people are activating them otherwise.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i move the stick as lightly as possible and they still slowly move toward me. i've had them follow me all the way down a hallway

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Smirking_Serpent posted:

They wake up when you’re close to them but don’t actually know you’re there and won’t attack. They’ll start to wander at that point, so you don’t want to just stand around, but ones on the ceiling or walls are really easy to avoid thanks to that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think maybe some people are sprinting into doors to open them and immediately activating lickers otherwise im not really sure whats going on. they tend to congregate around doors if you blast through them and will gently caress you up when you come back.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I basically Final Death every licker on sight so they were total non-issue for me on either character playthrough. I did Leon first because my only RE is 4 and I wanted to see what turned Leon into such a bad rear end. As Claire with the acid grenade launcher I have waltzed through the game without taking a breath and the only thing I’m scared of is Mr. X.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I will say at one point I walked at full-speed (but didn't run) underneath a ceiling-Licker and it caused it to attack me. From then on, if I have to go under a Licker I walk veeeeery slowly until I'm clear.

Bust Rodd posted:

I basically Final Death every licker on sight so they were total non-issue for me on either character playthrough. I did Leon first because my only RE is 4 and I wanted to see what turned Leon into such a bad rear end. As Claire with the acid grenade launcher I have waltzed through the game without taking a breath and the only thing I’m scared of is Mr. X.

The acid rounds are definitely a case of a weapon being as fun to use as it is ineffective. Most of the time it just turns the zombie into a skinless mess, just as eager to chomp on my face.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

acid rounds are for lickers. the grenade launcher is kind of rear end on zombies, claire has trouble with zombies in general but blasts basically everything else. just kneecap them with the smg or pistol and be on your way.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

rabidsquid posted:

acid rounds are for lickers. the grenade launcher is kind of rear end on zombies, claire has trouble with zombies in general but blasts basically everything else. just kneecap them with the smg or pistol and be on your way.

I get more perverse pleasure from using the fire rounds on lickers :shrug: but I know it's not as efficient

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

"Thwip" is canonically a verb as of Into the Spider-Verse

Gonna snikt some bubs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Gonna snikt some bubs.

lmao

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PantsBandit posted:

I get more perverse pleasure from using the fire rounds on lickers :shrug: but I know it's not as efficient

they're fine on lickers too, its more that they're way more useful later in the lab. the key takeaway here is the grenade launcher sucks at zombie killing, but is not a bad weapon.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I think the amount of lickers in the game is in the low teens. Some are really easily avoided.

I saved a bunch of ammo for things that never really came.

Just save about 5 flame rounds for the labs and you will be golden.

Don't go hogwild but you have more ammo than you think.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PantsBandit posted:

I will say at one point I walked at full-speed (but didn't run) underneath a ceiling-Licker and it caused it to attack me. From then on, if I have to go under a Licker I walk veeeeery slowly until I'm clear.

The acid rounds are definitely a case of a weapon being as fun to use as it is ineffective. Most of the time it just turns the zombie into a skinless mess, just as eager to chomp on my face.

Which one? There's a few auto-aggroed lickers which threw me off.

Also I'm about 99% sure at this point that every enemy has an internal HP counter, based on frequent times where legging zombies would cause them to outright die, and that's where the acid rounds are great. Splash something with acid and then clean it up with another gun and it goes way faster. It's how I dealt with the G's as Claire.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

can I also say as an arachnophobe, thanks to Capcom for taking out the spiders.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

can I also say as an arachnophobe, thanks to Capcom for taking out the spiders.

Haha wait till you find out where they put them!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Tyrant is causing me to reconsider my heretofore effective play strategy of dilly-dallying outside creepy areas because it's too scary to go inside. Back to the drawing board I guess, time for some new approaches.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I know nothing about Resident Evil but I saw some videos of Mr X and laughed because it reminded me of this:

(NSFW)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgWvLkTkTBY

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I really wanna play RE2 but I’m worried about it being too spooky for me too. I played 2 and 3 as a kid but I’m most familiar with the 4/5/6 style which isn’t really scary at all lol. In the meantime I’m playing KH3 which is extremely colorful and not remotely scary

You can do it!

Kibayasu posted:

I’ve only played Claire A and half of Leon B and while B is a bit trickier regardless I think Claire is easier. She gets a grenade launcher that isn’t quite as powerful as Leon’s big gun but is far more versatile than Leon’s mid-tier gun, especially against lickers. As long as you’re not spending all your regular gunpowder on regular bullets you can use it on almost anything.

Alright I’m leaning toward Claire first. Leon is more ~iconic~ to me but eh whatever that doesn’t mean much.

PantsBandit posted:

Resident Evil is really, really good at exposing you to new situations/enemies that feel overwhelming and terrifying, then giving you some piece of gear that lets you go back and give them the business. That's why I think it's a more manageable game for people who have trouble with scary stuff. It scares you, then lets you stick the barrel of a shotgun into your fears.

This is a great flow from the sound of it. I’m excited!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've been playing the whole kingdom hearts series this month and I think I'm going insane

I really want to get into the series sometime this year. Playing them all seems like the right thing to do but I might just start with KH3 whenever it hits the summer sale or something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alright I’m leaning toward Claire first. Leon is more ~iconic~ to me but eh whatever that doesn’t mean much.

Ladies first, dude. Always ladies first.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ladies first, dude. Always ladies first.

True, true

BP whatcha playin’ lately?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Re2 is so scary that you just kinda have to shrug and batter through recklessly, its just a game it can't hurt you and yet if you immerse yourself too much it can get pretty terrifying but once you've ran into mr x or a licker head first a bunch they lose their mystique.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CrRoMa posted:

Re2 is so scary that you just kinda have to shrug and batter through recklessly, its just a game it can't hurt you and yet if you immerse yourself too much it can get pretty terrifying but once you've ran into mr x or a licker head first a bunch they lose their mystique.

It’s also considerably less scary when you’re a sentient chunk of bean curd with a neat hat and a bunch of knives, though YMMV on that one.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Dewgy posted:

It’s also considerably less scary when you’re a sentient chunk of bean curd with a neat hat and a bunch of knives, though YMMV on that one.

Or you're a towering beefcake covered in guns and armour with a job to finish.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JBP posted:

Or you're a towering beefcake covered in guns and armour with a job to finish.

What about in the game though

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
At my old job there was a dude who was obsessed with kingdom hearts so I can only imagine he's going mental right about now which is to say I'm really glad I don't work there anymore

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

True, true

BP whatcha playin’ lately?

Balls deep in R6:Siege. I've picked up a dangerous long term habit here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Balls deep in R6:Siege. I've picked up a dangerous long term habit here.

It is dangerous indeed. You will swim between sweat, tears, bile, toxic waste to reach your maximum sperging potential. If it wasn't because I'm still mainly a Battlefield player (always with goons), R6S would be my favourite shooter right now.