Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Minclark posted:

I enjoy the high damage runecaster, 2 bolts usualy takes down a not so perfectly geared clothy plus speed and some aoe damage.

Warrior is a solid class DAoC did heavy tanks right (after years of them being sad)

These would be my two recommendations but I don't enjoy the stealth game much... and spirit master has a pet which drives me a little nutty trying to get to work right.

why runemaster over eldritch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

Yeah, the server is being goofy right now, it's not showing up on the DOL server list (daoc portal). Playing a support class of some kind would probably be your best bet if you don't have a lot of time to play. Easier to get in to a group.

That makes sense, I guess i'll run a shaman, I used to enjoy them way back in the day.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.
I'm going Dwarf Skald, once I can get access to the server :(

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Shux posted:

I'm going Dwarf Skald, once I can get access to the server :(

Yeah Dwarf buddies. I'm a Dwarf Savage.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
What is a good shaman spec?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Nosthula posted:

What is a good shaman spec?

If you're not going to abuse the zerg xp, an aug healer would be your better bet. They can solo reasonably well until 40. Shamans can solo very well, but they have to spec in to cave, which makes groups hate you forever.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

why runemaster over eldritch?

Because we're playing Mid. And the server is 1 account 1 realm.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
For whatever reason my mumble is sometimes refusing connections. I'll restart it when I get home *again* 8 hours ish from this post.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

sinewave posted:

Which classes are the most fun for solo pvp for caster and melee?

For solo pvp as mid I always loved shaman. Being able to sprint forever and outrun most classes, debuff people into being useless and rot them with dots while you run around laughing. One of my favorite things in this game is in a huge keep assault someone inside will have a pet that you can target and AOE DOT and AOE disease (halves healing and lowers str and -15%snare) a bunch of people hiding out inside a keep and eventually overwhelm healers and get a few kills.

PriNGLeS posted:

If you're not going to abuse the zerg xp, an aug healer would be your better bet. They can solo reasonably well until 40. Shamans can solo very well, but they have to spec in to cave, which makes groups hate you forever.

Cave for life! You will want just enough aug for permanent sprint.

GIMpy12 fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 19, 2014

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Well, the zerg xp has been nerfed. Sadly running around trying to kill greens to find some gear. In hindsight, that zerg probably wasn't the best idea.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kejek posted:

Well, the zerg xp has been nerfed. Sadly running around trying to kill greens to find some gear. In hindsight, that zerg probably wasn't the best idea.

I got pretty lucky and I had a full suit of ROG chain/weapon when I finished there. The server has been extremely unstable today. They definitely hosed something up. The epic quests are extremely easy. You could duo the viking with a healer.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Im prayin this one time drop works http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=1702Welp no hammer otherwise its competing for greens in spindelhalla for god knows how long. Every quest I have investigated with a weapon reward has not been present :(

Watching hibs take keeps on twitch while midgard lags hard and resets every 10 seconds.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 19, 2014

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Well, hopefully the server is stable now, going to give spind a shot again and maybe find some gear. Or a group there.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Jessant posted:

Im prayin this one time drop works http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=1702Welp no hammer otherwise its competing for greens in spindelhalla for god knows how long. Every quest I have investigated with a weapon reward has not been present :(

Watching hibs take keeps on twitch while midgard lags hard and resets every 10 seconds.

What level are you?

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

PriNGLeS posted:

What level are you?

47, its weird that midgard, jordheim, aegir and midgards dungeons are all encumbered with lag whilst the mids in albions frontier are apparently fine. I for one blame animist mushrooms and people using elemental weapon procs against dragons.

Its more the not having a weapon thats the problem \/ Not that I dont appreciate any help or advice I can get.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 19, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Jessant posted:

47, its weird that midgard, jordheim, aegir and midgards dungeons are all encumbered with lag whilst the mids in albions frontier are apparently fine. I for one blame animist mushrooms and people using elemental weapon procs against dragons.

Do quests. You'll get 50.
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?realm=Midgard&cquest=3187 Can be repeated 3 times. Will be like 1.4 levels.
The si neck quest is about 5 bubs. http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?realm=Midgard&cquest=637

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

PriNGLeS posted:

Because we're playing Mid. And the server is 1 account 1 realm.

makes sense. I'm gussing OP info is not up to date then. Is this on Ywain? How do I join in?

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
mumble address: 192.30.34.9:44889

I've had people in and out of it a few times no ones stayed for longer than several minutes. Server should be up round the clock now and accepting all connections. If more rooms are needed or anything let me know.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

makes sense. I'm gussing OP info is not up to date then. Is this on Ywain? How do I join in?

This is on a new free server called Origins. http://daoc-origins.net/
I think live is devoid of goons.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

PriNGLeS posted:

This is on a new free server called Origins. http://daoc-origins.net/
I think live is devoid of goons.

that would explain the stability issues. wheee reading comprehension.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
So I'm pretty much blocked from playing at 2560x1440 due to no UI scaling. Do any of you guys more experienced with DAOC know of a way to make the UI larger or a custom UI that is already like 4x the size?

e: bobs ui has some larger fonts and maps.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 20, 2014

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Classic dungeons seem to be respawning mobs now and have nearly (if not actually) 100% drop rate, so thats a thing. I got a hammer in four mobs :yoshi:
Melting the Ice gives 10 gold but its more like 8 bubs a time.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 20, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Can I get a list of all the goon names on Origins so far?
I got Tanreall and Sersly. Who else is playing? Trying to get everyone in guild.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

Can I get a list of all the goon names on Origins so far?
I got Tanreall and Sersly. Who else is playing? Trying to get everyone in guild.

I'm playing as Nosthula. I would love an invite.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
Zippo

Someone was in mumble yesterday trying to get everyone in Myth and they have a ts setup and everything. From the stats it looks like one of the stronger guilds in Midguard.

I have been having trouble logging in ever since I walked into the capital city. It says 900+ players connected but the server status is ??? and it tell me the service is unavailable. (tried several times over the course of 3 days)

Has it been down that often or am I missing something here. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Do you have the new launcher? If you have an outdated launcher you won't be able to connect.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Minclark posted:

Zippo

Someone was in mumble yesterday trying to get everyone in Myth and they have a ts setup and everything. From the stats it looks like one of the stronger guilds in Midguard.

I have been having trouble logging in ever since I walked into the capital city. It says 900+ players connected but the server status is ??? and it tell me the service is unavailable. (tried several times over the course of 3 days)

Has it been down that often or am I missing something here. Anyone have any suggestions?

It's been fairly unstable lately. I think you've just had bad luck. It's been up more than down by far, but it's still laggy. But they're working pretty hard and over the course of today stability has improved significantly.

That was me trying to get everyone in Myth. Tanreall and Sersly are in. And on that note, I'm going to be switching guilds to some buddies on Midgard that have finally rolled over and merged with a high-end conglomerate of German guilds. Myth is great for a casual atmosphere and casual playstyle. But if you want to RvR it's really not the place to be.

I've spoken with the leadership of this new one and all are definitely welcome to it. They seem to be more focused and concentrated on getting set up in a timely fashion. The leadership of Myth is extremely concentrated and, really, not all that active.

I would imagine Tanreall and Sersly could stay in Myth and blend in without worry if you so choose. The problem is I didn't really know anyone in Myth and just got grandfathered in by having a character from Uthgard in the guild.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Is this the same <Myth> from Mid/Merlin?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

gepgepgep posted:

Is this the same <Myth> from Mid/Merlin?

Yes it is.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail
dunno if anyone is playing Hib on Origins or if everyone went Mid, but there are two of us here. (Schepps & Lash). Almost 35 druid and his babby BM

ggschmitty fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 21, 2014

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Whoa, a bunch of posts. Is leveling easier this time around? I'm wanting to play some DAoC!

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

Tanreall posted:

Do you have the new launcher? If you have an outdated launcher you won't be able to connect.

Yeah I've been in the game twice. It must be like pringles said and I'm just having bad luck with connecting. Right now it reads open with 871 playing on their launcher... I go to login and it says the server is closed please come again later. I can't really complain though I haven't donated anything yet.

In the time it took me to writ this post it now reads closed on the launcher. It's me I'm the fail point.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

Whoa, a bunch of posts. Is leveling easier this time around? I'm wanting to play some DAoC!

Soloing is just as slow as it was way back when. But there's massive group bonuses. Up to a net gain on a yellow mob with 8 people vs soloing.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
I'm up for wherever. I don't know anyone in Myth, and I really would like to RvR. I used to run in an 8man back on Mid/Lance (as a zerker). I was never really much for being an MA, I tunnel a little bit and have trouble making solid decisions on targets, but if I am following an MA I do pretty well, as then I feel like I can free up and be a little bit more "aware".

I've been talking with a few of those guys I used to 8v8 with, and may have them interested in playing. However, they all of gotten on with their lives outside of MMOs (I think I'm the only one that didn't get married since we last played haha) so I'm not sure on when/if they will play.

Also, just as a side note for anyone trying to level up - Use the frontiers. I rarely see any groups running out there. You get massive bonuses on top of the already massive group bonuses. At level 49 in a full group with Tanreall I was getting nearly 140 million a kill bouncing between Frore Liches (red/purple) to the goblins (yellow/orange). Took us maybe an hour and a half? to get me nearly 5 bubs at 49. We also ran into a few hibbies and got some RPs as well.

Kejek fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 21, 2014

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
Couldn't get origins to work so I trialed on the mythic server to learn the game. Will try to roll ok origins tonight as I've got things mostly figured out.

Is it uncommon to get realm points at low levels? I never ran into any pvp in battlegrounds and the frontiers were endgame.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Had a great RvR session with the Myth dudes. We ended up killing 3 hib groups and 4 alb groups without wiping and taking all the alb keeps. Got 30k realm points in ~2 hours. Still down to join the other guild due to what I heard on TS last night.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
The 800 player cap is going to hurt for now. But I'll get you guys in asap. (If we can ever log on.)

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
What mid classes are ya'll playing? I haven't been able to login yet to roll.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

sinewave posted:

I went runemaster because *bolts* ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

I'm playing a warrior. Sersly and Tanreall are both savages. Don't roll a savage, everyone is a savage.

• Locked thread