Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A Strange Aeon posted:

Post a pic of her, I don't remember what she looks like.

Faye Miller, season 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

If this image isn't hitting like 8 different buttons for you I don't even know man:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kaedric posted:

If this image isn't hitting like 8 different buttons for you I don't even know man:

I do remember kitchens like that.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Kaedric posted:

I don't know what the other 6 buttons are supposed to be.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Germstore posted:

I don't know what the other 6 buttons are supposed to be.

Guess someone isn't a fan of pecan pie

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Kaedric posted:

Guess someone isn't a fan of pecan pie

I would eat all those deserts.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

she was a terrible mother

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
but she sure can whip up a good bundt cake

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Faye Miller, season 4.

Oh yeah, she was hot and understood him and he went for the stupid secretary.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

Oh yeah, she was hot and understood him and he went for the stupid secretary.

Yeah, of all the dumb poo poo Don did, dropping Faye was #1 in terms of :wtc: are you thinking, Don?! :psyduck:

EDIT: vvv He never is! :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 26, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

of :wtc: are you thinking, Don?! :psyduck:

he wasn't

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kaedric posted:

when i was little our kitchen sink and linoleum floor was that color orange

also i havent seen mad men but that pic of Faye looks like norma from twin peaks to me

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Hi guys just wanted to say that I watched this over the past three days.
I was holding off b/c I assumed it was just 80s nostalgia and I'm a baby who was born in the 90s so I thought I wouldn't like it
Anyways it's a good show turns out. I really think that Mrs. Wheeler's a pretty bad Mom is my only semi-original thought, but I could be wrong

Also just to chime in on the anime picture I don't like that they have eleven in the wig.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I liked when Not-Paula ran out of psychic power at the end and they fed her magic pudding to get her PP back up.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Piss Points??

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kaedric posted:

I just realized the cabinets in my apartment are in the same style

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I just realized the cabinets in my apartment are in the same style

My cabinets are the same but they have been painted over with white gloss.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The set dressing was perfect. I recognized a poo poo load of stuff I had forgotten about.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

The set dressing was perfect. I recognized a poo poo load of stuff I had forgotten about.

did you see your dick

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol at goons not understanding the progression and development of a story they wanted the entire climax to occur in the first two episodes

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Naerasa posted:

I liked when Not-Paula ran out of psychic power at the end and they fed her magic pudding to get her PP back up.

She never actually partook of the pudding

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Maybe if she had she wouldn't have exploded

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Canned pudding only heals for 1d4+2.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, I was like, holy poo poo, this is a chair? And this weird piece of crap - could i t be a door? Linking two rooms in this mind-boggling contraption people seem to call "a house"? My mind was blown by the amount of obscure cultural references I was able to get!

Also did you notice that when WR put up the Christmas lights, each bulb was associated with a single glyph of this little known symbolic language called by experts the "latin alphabet"

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Yeah well they had a lot of pudding did you even watch the show

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wow, pudding! What a classic reference! Only 90s kids could get that!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, I was like, holy poo poo, this is a chair? And this weird piece of crap - could i t be a door? Linking two rooms in this mind-boggling contraption people seem to call "a house"? My mind was blown by the amount of obscure cultural references I was able to get!

Also did you notice that when WR put up the Christmas lights, each bulb was associated with a single glyph of this little known symbolic language called by experts the "latin alphabet"

What are you on about? They did a spot-on job for getting the 80s atmosphere and set-dressing seamless.

steinrokkan posted:

Seriously, are you having a stroke?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CaptainSarcastic posted:

What are you on about? They did a spot-on job for getting the 80s atmosphere and set-dressing seamless.

The fact that they recreated the 80s is the leas significant part of the show, yet it is the one aspect boring morons with nothing to say tend to latch upon.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

The fact that they recreated the 80s is the leas significant part of the show, yet it is the one aspect boring morons with nothing to say tend to latch upon.

Meh, I appreciated the nostalgia but that was indeed just one of the good things about the show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

What we see here is a proto-goon in their natural habitat, which is, of course, a state of irrational irritability with an inability to converse without the trademark biting yet ineffective sarcasm.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

By how some people are talking you'd think one of the characters yells, "king tut skit! remember that! from the 80s," and then winks at the camera.

e: Oh, that was '75, but it was still kickin' around.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

nice meltdown :grin:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

ice feltcrown

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

steinrokkan posted:

Lol, don't get pissy you were born post 9/11.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

steinrokkan posted:

No, morons are saying "man this show is so cool and there's all these 80's references!" when really there is almost nothing in the show where it winks at the audience like "remember this??" Instead it is an impressive recreation of the 80's and yes, the set design is great. I'd compare it to how well Mad Men captures the 60's. Ultimately, yes, the set design doesn't matter that much, but its quality is noteworthy.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

ROFLburger posted:

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

steinrokkan posted:

The pudding was in a can not those loving stupid plastic cups we have now where the lid never comes off without ripping....it was a simpler time

Nightrain fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 27, 2016

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Shut the gently caress up you loving idiots

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaedric posted:

I could go for some of that cake. Also tuna sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

TRIGGER WARNING : they did a really good job recreating the 80's aesthetic.

• Locked thread