Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Did she bring her own dab rig or something? Was she dragging a backpack full of glass around? Does she go out on drinking night with all that gear? So many questions!

Like, why not carry a vape pen and the wax/shatter you need for the adventure instead of five pounds of glass and a torch?

If Dabs are the at home game, vape pens are like the Gameboy of weed.

She had a little bag she had kept in her jacket. The chick was berserk so I was pretty happy to see her go. She worked at some kind of holistic herb shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Pesticide20 posted:

Respectfully requesting we change the name of this thread in tribute to Bill Paxton

RIP Bill Paxton, I think about him every single time I have to go to an all call or any similar situation in which questions are fielded to the unwilling and apathetic masses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGdc6APHfEw

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The best thing Bill Paxton ever did https://youtu.be/9WRf6Q1o7PE

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pesticide20 posted:

The best thing Bill Paxton ever did https://youtu.be/9WRf6Q1o7PE

Hell yes.

Movie owns bones and he plays his part to perfection.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
This is a decent lager if you are sick of IPAs & Budweiser or whatever

nothing special but its simple

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm in the garfield video but they got my name completely wrong, thats what I get for being drunk as gently caress and having a WEIRD name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg&t=11170s

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I would like to know more.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Flikken posted:

I would like to know more.

it taste like beer IDK man

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

it taste like beer IDK man

Well I'm sold.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I'm in the garfield video but they got my name completely wrong, thats what I get for being drunk as gently caress and having a WEIRD name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg&t=11170s

Lol thank you. I laughed really hard.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Hmmm, there is a bar that serves it 1 hour and 11 minutes away. Everything is an hour away from this godforsaken place.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh I wouldn't go to a bar for it man, but I mean I wouldn't go to a bar for much.

A good beer that I've only seen at bars, I don't think they sell bottles, is Mac and Jack's African Amber though. Thats some good poo poo.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

oh I wouldn't go to a bar for it man, but I mean I wouldn't go to a bar for much.

A good beer that I've only seen at bars, I don't think they sell bottles, is Mac and Jack's African Amber though. Thats some good poo poo.

It's Pennsylvania, I'm an hour away from anything interesting, it will give me a reason to explore in that direction.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you have yuengling and tastycakes though

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

you have yuengling and tastycakes though

I'm 100 miles east of Pittsburgh and 100 miles west of Harrisburg. Yuengling is pretty good though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Old man yeungling also threw his support in for Trump so I am very conflicted

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

10 barrel sold out to Budweiser so I lost some respect for them. Still make decent beer though

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Oh yeah I don't care about INDEPENDENT craft brewers because thats a joke/lie for about anything you'll find at an albertsons/safeway

There is some guy here (ex EOD) who started Mad Bomber Brewery that came to my recruiting office once for some reason, I think looking out for a kid trying to join and he was talking about starting it up. I joked about giving them seed money, but never went any further because I figured they'd crash and burn like any good old vet business but now I see them at every restaurant in the area so gently caress me I guess

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Two Finger posted:

LET'S ROCK

Mike-o posted:

YEAHHHH!!!!!!

click that gif to make it bigger btw

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
vasquez is totally my poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Capn Beeb posted:

click that gif to make it bigger btw

haha either there's like 500 aliens right on top of her or she's just like gently caress it i'm dumping rounds

either way she owns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

like man watching that scene holy poo poo gorman hosed them

i get the point was to wipe out the squad to establish the stakes but hell if he'd just shut the gently caress up and let them get on with it they'd have done better

if he'd actually listened to ripley and ordered them to retreat as soon as the aliens started waking up they might have all gotten out of there

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Gorman is straight up a bad LT. Thats his whole point. Academy grad piece of poo poo. They hammer it in, multiple times.

"19209012 drops, simulated, 2 including this one" or whatever the line was

can't even get his soldiers names right (OUT OF 12!!!!!!!! or so)

Hudson sir, he's hicks

it was all supposed to be some vietnam war poo poo I think and he was supposed to be some book smart noble. Also very accurate. Seriously Aliens nails a lot of military poo poo better than most explicitly military movies do. Hudson just wants to ETS and has it counted down to days. You have the senior enlisted (the black Master sergeant dude or whatever) being all gung ho or whatever, and the dumb rear end LT who fucks everything up because he's stupid and retarded as gently caress.

Thats military 101 poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I know man I get it and him going back for Vasquez is his redeeming moment, it's cool and makes a good character arc

It's just like holy gently caress dude you are directly responsible for the deaths of most of your squad

At least he had the guts to go out like a boss

I just want a movie where Apone and his badass dudes go around being badass and wasting fools/aliens

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
his only redemption is fragging himself and insisting an enlisted chick doit with him. because nobles love to gently caress enlisted chicks every chance they get

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

because nobles love to gently caress enlisted chicks every chance they get

:drat:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Apone seems like a boss but he never questions obviously inexperienced LT even once so actually he's awful even though he has good lines. He's senior enlisted as gently caress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Apone seems like a boss but he never questions obviously inexperienced LT even once so actually he's awful even though he has good lines. He's senior enlisted as gently caress.

he sorta does when first ordered to turn in magazines he goes 'sir, i...' before being cut off and doing what he's told

so yeah, checks out

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Everybody in the movie, the audience, Ripley who is just some chick who served on a mining crew, Hudson the bitter as gently caress PVT, Hicks the CPL, probably even Newt the 12 year old, they all know that poo poo is hosed. EVERYONE knows that poo poo is hosed but LT and Apone do it anyway. Thats Army/Navy/Marines/AF as gently caress. Thats how it really is, it defies common sense. That movie is no exaggeration or anything. It's spot on realistic as gently caress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

true i'd heard it's about vietnam but never really understood why, thanks for explaining that to me

we need more smart guns or whatever they are called though

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

actually yeah apone screaming to hold fire so he can listen to orders rather than deal with the unfolding catastrophe is :wtf: as hell

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

true i'd heard it's about vietnam but never really understood why, thanks for explaining that to me

I can imagine the vietnam war thing being kinda sketcy to non americans, especially no doubt Kiwis. It was a huge thing in american zeitgeist for a long time, even today probably. Rambo, aliens, deer hunter, so on. So many things. Cool thing is were on the cusp of seeing some crazy dramatic poo poo like that in real time right now thanks to @realdonaldtrump poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

like i mean i dunno but surely when your squad is being wiped out right in front of your eyes that's not the loving time to be holding fire and waiting for orders

idk i mean surely you take some goddamn initiative and deal with the consequences later right

but then like you're saying, senior enlisted as gently caress

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the aliens are just the Vietnamese fighting for survival against a way way more technologically advanced ultimate bad asses and embarrassing them :)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

so the massacre in the hive is the tet offensive or what

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

and the early settlers are the french

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

but what does that make lance henrikson

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hell even in my experience in Iraq, early on in the war, we had some brigade ops sergeant major (the highest rank you can get pay chart wise) who decided his biggest thing to worry about amongst dozens of casualties across the units was that I still had the old bdu colored name patches on my ACUs (even though it was still authorized because ACUs were brand new) and harassed me to order the right ones with my own money (i bought them all for my squad just to get him off our backs)

peace time dudes lose their mind at real poo poo real quick and just default to dumb poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

so the massacre in the hive is the tet offensive or what

I mean it's not 100% but if i'm getting SuperMechagodzilla here (btw I'm making this up as I go along I'm kinda sloshed) then it would probably be more like dien bien phu :keke:

edit: the HIVE lol I was thinking Hadleys hope. Hadleys hope would be dien bien phu and yeah the hive Tet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

but what does that make lance henrikson

a good character who deserved better than Pumpkinhead and some lovely one season fox show

• Locked thread