Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm curious why. I'm not gonna fight or anything. I just don't really get the appeal of Jessica at all beyond her being attractive. I mean, maybe you like the catty character? Or maybe you see something I don't? I'm kind of curious.

Like I get people voting her as the "underdog" or "gently caress Paul/Production/the Plan" but I'm genuinely kind of curious about what actually draws you to her as your favorite.

I do like the catty character, and usually that villain archetype in general. Her monotone confrontations with people aren't even making her a target anymore and I find that entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I probably want Cameron to win the BattleBack just because he'd come in as a completely new player, but Jessica was a good recipient of the Hex to me. Paul is a vet running circles around these people, and the one guy independent enough to take a shot at him got blown up by a secret protection. Jessica and Ramses, as Paul himself notes, are really the only two people he's not working with and are next on the house hivemind's hit list as a result. I wouldn't have minded Ramses getting the Hex but partly because he was in less immediate danger and partly because he has basically never been on the aired show means he likely wasn't going to get it... making Jessica probably the best Hex choice. And even though people sort of think she's reintegrating into the house, the players actually resent that and still want her out. If they're putting twists into this thing, it would be worse if someone on top of the game got the power. Jessica I think was the best available choice therefore, and I don't even necessarily want to see Paul evicted, since he's almost the only one gaming hard in there.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Somebody on the big brother Reddit claims to have spoilers for tonight's HoH and Battle Back. If he is right it's hilarious but what are the chances this dude is correct I guess

BB: Cody HoH: Jess (Endurance, and outlasted Christmas for 3 hours????) This is where I am like ehhhhhhh..Christmas in an endurance for 3 hours?

As I've said previously, I am new to BB. Unsure how common fake spoilers are and if there is even a chance this guy is right. Supposedly he called Megan leaving before we knew?

CancerStick fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 21, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fake spoilers are hella common. Like they get thrown around like crazy. Last year every one was sold that Jozea had won Battle Back based on spoilers but then they all credited some other guy for "correctly" spoiling Victor but he had the wrong HOH so he clearly was just as full of poo poo. There's always a million pre-show spoilers and all kinds of poo poo. Sometimes there's "true" ones like some set of spoilers said Cody was HOH but they're usually vague enough or have other fake stuff so its unclear if they were just lucky guesses or what.

I'm just ignoring it all and watching the show clean in a few hours. So thank you for the spoiler bars.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The BB is a 3-parter right? I have a hard time believing they did all 3 parts along with a 3+ hour endurance HoH by 1pm on Friday.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CancerStick posted:

Somebody on the big brother Reddit claims to have spoilers for tonight's HoH and Battle Back. If he is right it's hilarious but what are the chances this dude is correct I guess

BB: Cody HoH: Jess (Endurance, and outlasted Christmas for 3 hours????) This is where I am like ehhhhhhh..Christmas in an endurance for 3 hours?

As I've said previously, I am new to BB. Unsure how common fake spoilers are and if there is even a chance this guy is right. Supposedly he called Megan leaving before we knew?

It's fake. Julie said during the live show the HOH is on Sunday, so seems like someone just making poo poo up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I missed Julie saying that but she could have meant that we'll see the HOH on Sunday as we always do when its a longer one.

On the other hand the HGs were talking about being told there would be a "live Sunday episode" so maybe they're doing a live or "live to tape" HOH Sunday? I dunno.

I always kind of zone out in those last 90 seconds when Julie says stuff.

Its possible that they did the Battle Backs and HOH last night/this morning, but it seems unlikely and this is why you should just avoid BB spoilers because there's always a ton of bullshit floating around and the best you can hope for is that one of the 3 rumors will be true. Which to me is the worst because you neither know what is happening but you're not surprised when it happens.

I mean, these same people insisted that Vanessa was coming back with Paul this season. That's the kind of stuff you get from BB spoilers.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

CancerStick posted:

Didn't read the last line of your post. Yeah, he got the Megan ejection right

https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/6kce6z/bombshell_spoiler_woah_youve_been_warned/

I'd say just being right about one thing makes him as credible as a BB spoiler-er can be, but who knows, not like it's a long wait from now.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 21, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Grumble, grumble.

Three hours until the minimum two week return of Jody Cam. It's almost enough to make me wonder when my All Access renews.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Will the Jody alt votes now turn on her since production rigged it to get them back together and with safety? Or do they pick a horse and ride it? If Paul and Cody align then this poo poo will be unwatchable.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

On one hand I'm glad Cody is back because I think he's hilarious and he just said he was coming after Paul. On the other hand I'm not looking forward to Cody+Jess shacking back up and becoming intolerable again. Is it too much to hope that they've learned from this and will be more sociable and play a better game?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Turbl posted:

On one hand I'm glad Cody is back because I think he's hilarious and he just said he was coming after Paul. On the other hand I'm not looking forward to Cody+Jess shacking back up and becoming intolerable again. Is it too much to hope that they've learned from this and will be more sociable and play a better game?
Jessica will maybe corral Cody in a little bit because she had made some social inroads since he'd left. She was almost pleasant. Cody will get some more Jess on his hanglow and they will likely both become an insufferable couple again.

Only difference is they are pretty much untouchable the first time they are on the block. It takes two weeks to break these two up because of Jessica's "power". Which begs the question as to what the curse of Jessica's power will do? There is something in the works, that much is guaranteed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the big problem is her Hex. If she keeps it secret maybe they go on the block and just act privately smug, but the smarter play is for her to out it and try and use it to say "If you put us up you'll just be wasting your HOH and making us your enemies." Either way Cody and Jess are guaranteed safety this week which means they'll be smug as gently caress.

Jessica will try and get Cody to be more social and play nicer with everyone and build off the progress she made/thinks she made last week.

Here's the problem:

- Cody threw Mark under the bus to Paul and Christmas and Mark is pissed off. Maybe Jessica can mend that but I don't know if I see Mark forgiving that Cody lied about him knowing about the noms, and if he does then that presumably creates a problem with Christmas and Paul. And if Cody comes clean that creates a problem with Christmas and Paul and exposes Cody as a bigger liar than they already know.

- Alex still hates Jessica and told Raven that Jessica was throwing her under the bus last week. So Jessica didn't make as much progress as she thinks she did as Raven and Alex are against her as may be Elena and Matt.

- Cody HATES Matt. He's also vowed to go after Mark and his allies, ie Elena, Raven, and Matt. Those are the people Jessica was trying to get good with.

- Cody's a loving idiot and he told Jessica he'd listen to her a bunch of times and then didn't. Jessica's self absorbed and thinks she's been wronged by everyone and only barely was containing it last week when she absolutely had to and still slipped back into martyr mode whenever she had an opportunity with Josh, Dom, or others.

- Josh vs Cody/Jessica remains a thing. Josh doesn't have power, but he does create incidents and Cody and Jessica never look good when they go against him.

- Paul ain't gonna be happy with this and he's easily the most influential person in the house, especially with people Cody and Jessica might need like Alex, Jason, Raven, Matt, Elena, and Mark.

Of course all this may be playing out right now which is why gently caress YOU WEST COAST FOR DELAYING THE FEEDS!

Being all happy you have sun and warm weather and no late night sports. Jerks.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 22, 2017

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Being all happy you have sun and warm weather and no late night sports. Jerks.

It feels like loving Florida without the flying bugs the size of Buicks.
Otherwise there is zero difference between.

gently caress YOU! ;)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Just like Florida" is a bad, bad sell, my man.

I like my seasons, lack of any real natural disasters, non-scary pests and wildlife, and not having to wake up before noon for football.

But you guys gotta go and delay stuff for us because you might be at work or eating dinner or something when we're all getting ready for bed. Jerks.

:xd:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

"Just like Florida" is a bad, bad sell, my man.

I like my seasons, lack of any real natural disasters, non-scary pests and wildlife, and not having to wake up before noon for football.

But you guys gotta go and delay stuff for us because you might be at work or eating dinner or something when we're all getting ready for bed. Jerks.

:xd:
You get used to the football starting @10. It's usually some NFC Least shitfest anyways so who loving cares!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, 10 AM baseball from the East Coast?

9 AM basketball?

7 PM EST games starting before you're out of work?

Sorry, just can't do it.

Also the no scary nature poo poo is big for me. Scary nature that wants to kill you and sports that are inconvenient to drink to. A bad life for me.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 22, 2017

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Florida is unfair. It's drier out here. Think furnace, not rice steamer.

Also, we don't have Floridians and the tourists are more nicely spread out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really just want to see if Mark is mad or sad right now.

Fully expecting the evil third option and to come back to matching Jody and Marlena feeds.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Watching the best coast episode for some reason. Cameron is a lost confessional genius.

"Jillian is on another planet, and Dominique is talking to Jesus." Not sure those are different.

But then again, he sounds like a cross between Morty and Bill Filmaff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Stupid West Coast can't even start on time!

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Reddit leaker was right.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jess telling Cody to go the gently caress downstairs and socialize.

Hell yeah.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back. Cody and Jessica socializing with the house.

Nah, just kidding. That's silly.

Yay for the "gold feeds" back, eh? You guys might be on your own this week.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is like Clelli but somehow more obnoxious.

edit: oh no he's talking about war with Russia, and it's exactly what you expected.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Josh and Ramses on the block. Whyyyyyy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CancerStick posted:

Josh and Ramses on the block. Whyyyyyy

I can only imagine that's a backdoor situation... which is dumb because I assume either of those guys goes home against just about anyone Cody could put up.

Cody be dumb. Shocked?

Cody and Jess making out and talking about how awesome they are. Cody boasting about killing people. But not Russians. He like Russians. Now they're talking about "fornicating" and getting married. Maybe he'll kill me.

Paul telling Jason that Christmas "locked down" the HOH and that's why it was smart to keep her and not Jillian.

Now Cody and Jess talking about how they won't be sharing any of his HOH stuff with anyone.

You know what? Pass. See'ya tomorrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Double post. Sorry.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
That's what I'm saying. Both those players were targets for the "group". The house doesn't care which one goes.

Was hoping Maven would be on the block.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That is stupid beyond belief. I think those guys were Jody's best shots at numbers. :lol: when they lose, I guess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HAHAHA! Jessica just told Cody SHE told Jason not to use POV because she had the votes to stay. gently caress, Jessica's clueless and self absorbed.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

STAC Goat posted:

I can only imagine that's a backdoor situation... which is dumb because I assume either of those guys goes home against just about anyone Cody could put up.

Cody be dumb. Shocked?

Cody and Jess making out and talking about how awesome they are. Cody boasting about killing people. But not Russians. He like Russians. Now they're talking about "fornicating" and getting married. Maybe he'll kill me.

Paul telling Jason that Christmas "locked down" the HOH and that's why it was smart to keep her and not Jillian.

Now Cody and Jess talking about how they won't be sharing any of his HOH stuff with anyone.

You know what? Pass. See'ya tomorrow.

Out of everything that has happened in the last year, nothing confuses me more then MAGA people thinking Russia is our best friend now. I feel like I am the only person who remembers the Cold War.

Those idiots can both do better.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Snowmankilla posted:

Out of everything that has happened in the last year, nothing confuses me more then MAGA people thinking Russia is our best friend now. I feel like I am the only person who remembers the Cold War.

Those idiots can both do better.

The Right: Vladimir Putin is a stronger leader than that black guy.
Sanity: He murders his political opponents and journalists who report on him and the entire country is rigged.
Trump: I'd love to do that.
America: :suicide:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Josh is having a full-out breakdown :stare:

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Channeling his inner Dom

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This actually doesn't seem that bad. He always talks to the cameras. I've seen him way, way worse.

Apparently Mark pussied out. Shocking.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

CancerStick posted:

Channeling his inner Dom

He's talking in real people words.

And!

"(weeping) Now I look crazy, like the crazy guy on the block. This is the worst game in the world..."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas: Raven. Are you guys interested in keeping Josh and voting out Ramses?
Matt: Is that what Paul wants?

If that ain't a perfect line...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

This actually doesn't seem that bad. He always talks to the cameras. I've seen him way, way worse.

Apparently Mark pussied out. Shocking.

Christmas: Raven. Are you guys interested in keeping Josh and voting out Ramses?
Matt: Is that what Paul wants?

If that ain't a perfect line...

Fair. I don't watch as much. But I'm loving this. Poor guy.

ed: y'know, Jessica is doing o-kay downstairs.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Josh has been absolutely inconsolable at times and just screaming or sobbing. He's a really emotional and insecure dude. And we don't know what happened before feeds. When Cody and Jess went after him the night Jillian went home and he broke down Dom and Raven freaked out and said "Call production again!" so it sounds like he was bad enough to need intervention from the shrink.

So all thinks considered crying in bed and talking to the cameras is pretty mellow for him and not THAT uncommon for a target.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Fair. I don't watch as much. But I'm loving this. Poor guy.

ed: y'know, Jessica is doing o-kay downstairs.

Jessica was doing ok all week. She's not terrible socially. Cody's the problem. And Jess' ego.

If the house decides to say "gently caress you" and keep Josh then Jess will freak out again.

• Locked thread