Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the whole fun of suicide squad was that it was c and d-list villains, the idea was that nobody would notice or care if they were gone. so yea joker and harley quinn make no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like the batman villains that should be in the suicide squad are like. clock king. mad hatter. firefly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Did they shove Harley in there before or after the 2016 movie?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

like the batman villains that should be in the suicide squad are like. clock king. mad hatter. firefly.

Sid the Squid

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Larryb posted:

Did they shove Harley in there before or after the 2016 movie?

they added her a couple years before the movie, when they had that big event that rebooted all of the dc comics

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stink Billyums posted:

when they had that big event that rebooted all of the dc comics

(Yeah I know it was New 52)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://x.com/rakyuugaki/status/1791885149325623513

Also really good episode this week!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

Professor Pyg

Speaking of, my introduction to Pyg was Beware the Batman, where he's literally just a completely different character so loving imagine the shock seeing him in Arkham Knight more accurate to the comics lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*watching the HiDive 'coming soon' 10 second loop* yeah.. great...

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i'll never muster the energy to log into hidive again at this rate

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
studio apartment angel included is starting to feel like interviews with monster girls and that is great

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spookydonut posted:

studio apartment angel included is starting to feel like interviews with monster girls and that is great

It's not just "boy gets magical live-in girlfriend and suggestive situations keep happening"?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Tonari no yokai san is really good y’all

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Tabletops posted:

Tonari no yokai san is really good y’all

:hai:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I am three episodes into Voice Actor Radio and this show seems cool

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm really digging yatagarasu now that it's gotten rolling, it's a really well put together version of this type of political intrigue fantasy show

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i concur, it's cool to see it branch out from the group coming together to now seeing them start to flourish and dream individually

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Viral Hit stays winning. Need the next ep immediately, even if "Next week, Hobin Dies."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ok i'm still catching up, but i've now watched 10 anime premieres, i'm gonna watch 10 more and then that'll be my fill before i just settle down and watch more of what i liked

jellyfish can't swim - decent, the fanservice is weird don't do that, if someone told me my art was weird as a teen i would've just doubled down and kept drawing while sobbing internally, guess i'm just Built Different

sand land - the CG characters would be fine if they didn't have additional movement and detailing, which makes them stick out like crazy against all the incidental characters. i like this so far, the cast and the setting, the backgrounds are v pretty, but the CG's going to fail to fit in and so my mind's always going to be distracted by that. it works well for the action scenes though

whisper me a love song - decent, i like the sort of romance role reversal in the premiere where the bubbly naive girl is not the protagonist but the tall awkward singer girl. and also that she is multi-dimensional and seems to recognize the awkward dynamic between them and wants to win himari over earnestly. they seem like good kids, but as always the surrounding cast will determine whether i watch this all the way through

yatagarasu - the premiere should maybe have been 44 minutes. it focused on the four brides-to-compete and introducing you to the setting via lady asebi, but it's obvious that the prince and yamiya are the actual protagonists, and yet we only see one of them in this episode, AND it's only in the final 90 seconds. so i feel like i got half of a premiere. there's like one 30 second scene of someone getting killed with dark music playing, but that tells me nothing at this point and it is disconnected from everything else shown. i want to like it more than i do, but i will at least watch the second episode to get a better understanding

bartender - it's treading the line right now... it was a good idea to make the two office women the POV, i sort of get the protag's sherlock-ness that he's got going on... i guess i don't quite appreciate the overall premise. like, it seems like this dude is fine working out of this bar, is he actually going to care about this big wig hotel bar, where the owner has crazy demands? i'm sure it pays better, but maybe he's already paid ok? edenhall doesn't look like a total dive but i'm also not a drinker so i guess i wouldn't know...

kaiju no 8 - i like it

wind breaker - did not expect to like it but i like it. good dork protagonist. decent animation from cloverworks though it's not their best

train to the end of the world - so i am using crunchyroll through the prime video app, because the crunchyroll app on roku is loving garbage and i'd rather pay for a crunchyroll sub THROUGH amazon than use that piece of poo poo app, because at least the prime video app loving works. except on this show, where they ran the subs from (i assume) one of the isekai shows this year instead of the proper subs to this show. woops! the same on PC too. i guess just, no one noticed and no one cared to fix it. it was interesting to see a whole paragraph of words running over the opening's near-complete silence lol

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 23, 2024

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

The 7th Guest posted:

train to the end of the world - so i am using crunchyroll through the prime video app, because the crunchyroll app on roku is loving garbage and i'd rather pay for a crunchyroll sub THROUGH amazon than use that piece of poo poo app, because at least the prime video app loving works. except on this show, where they ran the subs from (i assume) one of the isekai shows this year instead of the proper subs to this show. woops! the same on PC too. i guess just, no one noticed and no one cared to fix it. it was interesting to see a whole paragraph of words running over the opening's near-complete silence lol

there are many such cases of crunchyroll loving up the subs, like episodes for popular shows that have had the wrong subtitles file for multiple years

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

you should :filez: the best show of this season then

e:

The 7th Guest posted:

jellyfish can't swim - decent, the fanservice is weird don't do that

fwiw it vanishes entirely after ep one, until the most recent ep for some reason. dunno why, it's pretty much the one thing i dislike about the show but what can you do

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

yatagarasu - the premiere should maybe have been 44 minutes. it focused on the four brides-to-compete and introducing you to the setting via lady asebi, but it's obvious that the prince and yamiya are the actual protagonists, and yet we only see one of them in this episode, AND it's only in the final 90 seconds. so i feel like i got half of a premiere. there's like one 30 second scene of someone getting killed with dark music playing, but that tells me nothing at this point and it is disconnected from everything else shown. i want to like it more than i do, but i will at least watch the second episode to get a better understanding

I believe the first two episodes dropped together, but it's still a bit awkward.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

symbolic posted:

fwiw it vanishes entirely after ep one, until the most recent ep for some reason. dunno why, it's pretty much the one thing i dislike about the show but what can you do

Yeah, I find it really jarring and dissonant, especially in the context of the rest of the show which is just consistently great and seems to treat its characters with a ton of respect apart from these couple random moments..

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

in the process of reading stuff to figure out why this might be i found out jellyfish is written by yuuki yaku, who's known for writing the bottom-tier character tomozaki novels

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
not like they'd be the singular person deciding this stuff. ryukishi07 is a huge pervert and he wasn't the guy who decided higurashi sotsugyou should have a scene where rika falls off a bike and the camera zooms on her rear end for five seconds

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

The Colonel posted:

not like they'd be the singular person deciding this stuff. ryukishi07 is a huge pervert and he wasn't the guy who decided higurashi sotsugyou should have a scene where rika falls off a bike and the camera zooms on her rear end for five seconds

the tomozaki anime doesn't have nearly the degree of fanservice as the two jellyfish episodes mentioned but it's an adaptation and idk how involved yaku was in it. never read the novels. almost said grain of salt for that reason but i was posting half asleep at 4am when i randomly woke up lol

it's more interesting in the context of the personal drama that kind of defines jellyfish, as a lot of that absolutely feels like tomozaki

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 23, 2024

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i been waiting to see if they adapt the tomozaki spinoff about the lesbian

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://x.com/AIR_News01/status/1793810685505450400

Guess I might need to get Disney Plus (orgotocatsite)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, is this one a sequel or another prequel like the last miniseries?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i know it's been said before but disney's anime selection continues to be puzzling to me

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They basically buy to spite Crunchyroll. It makes more sense when you look at it that way.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they've barely had anything in crunchyroll s wheelhouse though like they're not getting stuff like konosuba. it's been a lot of 'edgy' shows, many of them niche

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

It also makes me wonder who'll do the dub, if they actually end up doing one.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

It also makes me wonder who'll do the dub, if they actually end up doing one.

Does D+ have anything up there that DOESN'T have an English dub currently or do they basically require one like Netflix does

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

they've barely had anything in crunchyroll s wheelhouse though like they're not getting stuff like konosuba. it's been a lot of 'edgy' shows, many of them niche

All of the previous Geass anime were Funimation titles though so its a bit shocking this slipped through their hands. Though I suspect the Worldwide and Japan side might have played into it along with Sunrise probably wanting to spread titles around

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Larryb posted:

I forget, is this one a sequel or another prequel like the last miniseries?

Roze is set a few years after the Resurrection movie, so it's a sequel in that sense.

Word on the (Japanese) street has been quite positive about this new project (episodes 1-3 are in theaters right now), so I'm looking forward to watching it next month.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

All of the previous Geass anime were Funimation titles though so its a bit shocking this slipped through their hands. Though I suspect the Worldwide and Japan side might have played into it along with Sunrise probably wanting to spread titles around

I have to imagine that Disney had a bigger wallet and the Code Geass name still carries enough recognition to be worth outbidding Crunchyroll.

wielder fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 24, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also if this is anything like Disney's other anime offerings, it'll be on Hulu in the US.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was the case until recently, now they seem to mirror most stuff across both sites.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's insane how much of an upward trajectory Voice Actor Radio has had since the debut ep. went from high school drama with yuri undertones to an expose of idol culture and the struggle between maintaining both a public face and private self with yuri overtones. this poo poo hella good folx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

wielder posted:

Roze is set a few years after the Resurrection movie, so it's a sequel in that sense.

Word on the (Japanese) street has been quite positive about this new project (episodes 1-3 are in theaters right now), so I'm looking forward to watching it next month.

I have to imagine that Disney had a bigger wallet and the Code Geass name still carries enough recognition to be worth outbidding Crunchyroll.

Correction on my part, Akito isn’t a prequel either but rather a side series set in between the two main seasons

That said, I am curious how the dub of Roze (assuming there is one) is going to work since Disney got to it first this time