Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Tekopo posted:

So what are currently still the below the meta ships, after considering the fixes to Bombers/Defenders?

T-65 X-Wings (integrateds will be nice, but they will still suffer. They have a couple of good pilots though)
Kihraxz Fighter (Talonbane is probably overcosted, the generics are alright but you'd probably still use more Zs over a pack of them)
StarViper (neither the generics or ace are really all that great)
Scyk (Waaaay below the meta)
E-Wing (apart from Corran)
HWK (still kind of crappy, but might get better with the Ghost expansion?)
TIE/FO (suffers in comparison to plain TIE Fighters, might get better with the expansion that gives that crazy Juke combo ace pilot)

Slightly underneath the meta:
YV-666 (I still love it but it kind of suffers compared to other large ships)
Lambda Shuttle (same reason as YV-666 but at least it is dirt cheap/good in popemobile combos)
TIE Punisher/TIE Bomber (even with the fixes, they are still expensive if you load them up)

Anything else?

I disagree with this slightly. Most of those are underrepresented in the meta as it stands, but I think the TIE/fo has a strong place. It has TL and shield over the TIE/ln, and the addition of SLoops to the maneuver dial makes them dramatically more maneuverable. The ability to take Comms Relay in a couple days just pumps them up even more. (Gone will be the days of taking an Evade on every ship to make them more survivable! Now I'll be able to just take Evades on the ones that got tagged, and I can Focus the others for Bonus Damage, mwa ha ha!) Or throw Juke and Stealth Device on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Comm relay is pretty expensive at 3 points, though, jumping the ship up to 18 points, which is equivalent to a interceptor and basically a TIE Fighter and a half. I think for specific lists (like, for example, I'm kicking around a list with Vessery with TIE/D, Tractor beam and 4 TIE/FOs, since I need the TLs and for 1 point more it is worth it over TC TIE/Fs) I think they will do well, but swarms are still going to be dominated by TIE Fighters, leaving the FOs to be used mostly for their pilot abilities (the stress removing one is excellent) or for specific combos.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah, the FO is going to find use, but I don't think you'll see Comms used too often. The FO isn't a no brainer replacement for TIEs either. It's very expensive.

I flew a Soontir, Howlrunner, three Black Cracks last night and it was amazing. Making them FOs would be great, but the cost would prevent you from taking any ace like Soontir. I think a Soontir or Carnor is very important in that kind of list since TLTs will chew up TIEs fairly quickly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I think TIE/FOs are best used as mini-aces when you have 20ish points leftover. The new pilots all seem geared towards that.

I don't think the FO generics are as useful, but the named pilots fill a gap in imperial lists when you're running higher-cost aces.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The pilot has me pretty pyched for the T-70 on Thursday. I'm probably going to stick Outmaneuver on that guy to get some utility out of that ability plus boost.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Has this come up here yet? https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/195945-t-70-ps7-pilot-spoiled-ello-asty/

PS7 T70 pilot is called Ello Asty (hilarious name) and the ability is that tallon rolls are white for him. Opens a LOT of mobility space especially with BB8, but not good for offence or defence particularly. Has EPT.

gently caress yes, I knew it was a matter of time until Ello got his own X-Wang pilot card. :neckbeard:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

canyoneer posted:

Beastie Boys going intergalactic

With the Yuuzhan Vong decanonized intergalactic travel is unknown in the Star Wars universe. :eng101:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Poopy Palpy posted:

With the Yuuzhan Vong decanonized intergalactic travel is unknown in the Star Wars universe. :eng101:

Planetary :ducksiren:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I want to paint beast boy (teen titans go) on the side of it but it's so small.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

gently caress yes, I knew it was a matter of time until Ello got his own X-Wang pilot card. :neckbeard:

X

WANG

Coolstuffinc has their release date for the new X Wings and Ties as tomorrow. Hopefully they get here for christmas :ohdear:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Too bad ello asty can't take crew. He's ripe for a saboteur. Because he can't stand it, he knows you planned, he's gonna set it straight this watergate.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
Amazon has a Daily deal on the X-Wing and Armada games - thinking of getting them to play with my kids, just trying to figure out how much to buy today to forestall addiction later.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Stupid Amazon deal bought me to buy a Rebel Transport I have no intention of using just because it has the R3-A2 and R5-P9 cards.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

illectro posted:

Amazon has a Daily deal on the X-Wing and Armada games - thinking of getting them to play with my kids, just trying to figure out how much to buy today to forestall addiction later.

If you buy it all now you never have to worry about buying more later.

Well okay until the next wave hits. But you were gonna buy that anyway.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Grabbed a copy of Armada.

I got the transport earlier and I like having it. The missions are fun.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rebel aces is under $16 on Amazon

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Recoome posted:

I'm really out of the loop

That's ok, just K-Turn or Talon Roll back into it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Wookiepedia posted:

Asty's helmet had "born to ill" written on the side of it in Aurebesh.

Well hell, now I have to use this guy.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
Stoked for TFA tomorrow. Gonna get some breakfast, get with my wangin' buddies, and scope dat poo poo. Re-watching Empire for nostalgia, also, bounty hunters.

Edit; thread moves fast, it does

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

admanb posted:

Stupid Amazon deal bought me to buy a Rebel Transport I have no intention of using just because it has the R3-A2 and R5-P9 cards.

Use it as three obstacles in a game of casual wangs. And put it up on a shelf, as a conversation piece, to weed the wheat from the chaff. And it's a pretty ship, and you get an extra X-wing with cool pilots

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Wowshawk posted:

Use it as three obstacles in a game of casual wangs. And put it up on a shelf, as a conversation piece, to weed the wheat from the chaff. And it's a pretty ship, and you get an extra X-wing with cool pilots

The missions that come with the Epic scale ships are pretty cool and you should try them out at least once, plus the Transport also comes with the aforementioned cool X-Wing pilots including thread favorite Wes Janson.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

plus the Transport also comes with the aforementioned cool X-Wing pilots including thread favorite Wes Janson Jek Porkins.

FTFY

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't suppose we know how many copies of Integrated Astromech come in a T-70? I have the ship from the core set but if the T-70 only has one copy, I would have to buy three blisters and would never get to use my 4th wang :smith:

EDIT: I just realized you can take four wangs of either flavor :downs:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 15, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The previews only show one (which sucks).

But that just means I'll have several extra T-70s to look awesome on my shelf.

I would need that many Targeting Astromechs for other reasons, anyway, so it's no big deal for me.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't suppose we know how many copies of Integrated Astromech come in a T-70? I have the ship from the core set but if the T-70 only has one copy, I would have to buy three blisters and would never get to use my 4th wang :smith:

EDIT: I just realized you can take four wangs of either flavor :downs:

I think while Turrets are still a big deal the T-70 is better off with Autothrusters.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Two green dice isn't really enough to use Autothrusters with, is my impression. It helps, yes, but I'd rather be able to say "gently caress off" to a Direct Hit or Blinded Pilot.

EDIT: Integrated Astro also has the potential to be cheaper, especially if your list already uses astromechs.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Really depends on the meta, but for my money TLTs wreck two dice and you'll never see a crit to get full use of the IA.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Four rookies with IA, R5 and a Z95. Next Worlds list right there.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

Really depends on the meta, but for my money TLTs wreck two dice and you'll never see a crit to get full use of the IA.

TLTs wreck two dice even with Autothrusters.Integrated Astromech gives you a bit more control over when you don't take the damage, though, and I'd rather spend the points on something else. In my normal XXX list I've already got two Astromechs included, so Integrated Astro is effectively a pair of Super Shield Upgrades for zero points. Even if I was suddenly sporting T-70s, that's pretty much how the reasoning would go.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Also depends on the ships, and the Astromech. With either regen droid, (probably on an expensive ace) you'd be crazy not to take Autothrusters, and for red ace too, Autothrusters is a slam dunk.

Generics with 1p Astromech, sure probably not worth the 2pts.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Integrated is also a 100% "you're stupid if you don't do this" take on regular X-wings not already sporting a modification, no matter what your astromech is. Even if it's R2-D2, ditch that sucker if it's the only thing between your last hull point and the damage card coming for it.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

Integrated is also a 100% "you're stupid if you don't do this" take on regular X-wings not already sporting a modification, no matter what your astromech is. Even if it's R2-D2, ditch that sucker if it's the only thing between your last hull point and the damage card coming for it.

Agreed. It was a smart move by the designers, boosting an underperforming ship, while offering broader choice a ship already up to scratch.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

On Poe I've found Autothrusters is almost an auto-include.

When out of arc or at range 3 he almost always gets two evades due to autothrusters and his ability. Only rolls that burn him are double blanks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kai Tave posted:

Well hell, now I have to use this guy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ok that's just silly.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm now so much more pleased that I preordered the T-70 at my FLGS

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Ok that's just silly.

He'll probably get his rear end exploded in Ep 7 like all good X-Wang pilots.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Rebel aces is under $16 on Amazon

I picked it up. Was really jonesing to pick up Most Wanted but true to it's name it's sold out every drat where.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully this would go without saying, but I got burned over in the Battlefront thread today...so:

:siren:DO NOT POST EPISODE VII SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. AFTER FRIDAY, USE SPOILER BARS FOR A FEW DAYS. IF ANY SPOILERS ARE POSTED, THE THREAD WILL BE CLOSED TEMPORARILY AND I WILL PETITION TRAD GAMES MOD STAFF TO HAVE THE OFFENDER PROBATED OR BANNED:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

IDK why people post spoilers to largely-anonymous communities. I mean, for purposes other than actually posting them to dedicated spoilers sites. I post spoilers on my twitter and facebook where my friends and family can see it. Much better trolling that way. :getin:

*heads over to battlefront thread* E: Just saw the thread. It's been FYAD's title for a while now...

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 16, 2015

• Locked thread