Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

DQ8 3DS won't support stereo 3D, which looks to be something of a trend with S-E games as of late.

That doesn't bother me all that much as I haven't activated 3D in two years. If they did that as a cost cutting measure and release the game at a reduced price, that'll be ok. But I doubt they'll lower the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sure, but it's only one of three platforms and not the only one, which was my point. Ditching Home consoles to release exclusively on PC would get them (relatively) a lot more piracy then a title that's released on all three major HD platforms.

Sure but how does that matter compared to actual sales numbers?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

DQ8 3DS won't support stereo 3D, which looks to be something of a trend with S-E games as of late.

Wait, rollback. DQ8 has no 3D support whatsoever? That would be all right if it was to improve the quality and framerate, but the game looks like rear end and you are telling me that's with no 3D support? Hot drat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Sure but how does that matter compared to actual sales numbers?

Because game company execs are dumb and with a choice between a format with no piracy and some piracy, no piracy is gonna win.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

This is going to be as incompetently lazy as their Final Fantasy mobile ports isn't it?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just got back to Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time in a while. I noticed that it no longer shows the damage forecast for my own unit before a battle. How do I turn that on again? I looked through the options and couldn't find anything for it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Asimo posted:

This is going to be as incompetently lazy as their Final Fantasy mobile ports isn't it?
You'll be lucky if it even has music.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

homeless snail posted:

You'll be lucky if it even has music.

The player supplies their own music! It's the custom content that's all the rage with The Kids now

*music comes from external device or software, not played in game client

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Minidust posted:

Just got back to Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time in a while. I noticed that it no longer shows the damage forecast for my own unit before a battle. How do I turn that on again? I looked through the options and couldn't find anything for it.

i think it only shows on one or two of the pre-battle info things. you can change it with a button but i dont remember which one

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Minidust posted:

There's a "Full" button on the upper right corner of the bottom screen. Press it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I didn't know it was even possible to release a game on the 3DS with no 3D, I figured Nintendo mandated 3D support.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

triplexpac posted:

I didn't know it was even possible to release a game on the 3DS with no 3D, I figured Nintendo mandated 3D support.

Nah, it's just strongly encouraged. Most studios just know drat-well that if they don't make use of it they're gonna get backlash from a shitload of people wondering where their fancy 3D is.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

A part of the big price drop thing was that they loosened the 3D requirements, although a lot of games make their title screen 3D to be able to check off the 3D box. Just like how companies used to put Super Gameboy or Gameboy Color compatible on their games by throwing in a splash of color or fancy border.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

triplexpac posted:

Not sure about that, I know I have one or two other 3DS games with no 3D. Still, I imagine that if Square/Enix says "We want to put a Dragon Quest game on your system," Nintendo lets them do whatever they want to make that happen.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Hey, it's a Humble Bundle.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I already have Mighty Switch Force, so here's a code for whoever wants it.

A08L063L0LJ5QTXM

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I already have Mighty Switch Force, so here's a code for whoever wants it.

A08L063L0LJ5QTXM

Thank yous good sir! :patriot:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

I have Guacamelee on PS3 and PS4, I already own mighty switch force, and I already own stealth 2. What are people's opinions on the remaining games? Still worth the $10?

Edit: Also, for the people who bought, when it says "Wii U" and "Nintendo 3DS", do you get a code for each, or do you pick one.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Awesome! posted:

i think it only shows on one or two of the pre-battle info things. you can change it with a button but i dont remember which one

Terper posted:

There's a "Full" button on the upper right corner of the bottom screen. Press it.
Ah, that did it. Thanks!

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Fremry posted:

I have Guacamelee on PS3 and PS4, I already own mighty switch force, and I already own stealth 2. What are people's opinions on the remaining games? Still worth the $10?

I bought steam world dig for around 9 dollars last week, and that was pretty engrossing. Short, but quite fun. I'd say that alone was worth 5 of the 10 you've got left at least.

Also; thanks to the people who replied about PADz over the page, and yes it really is 70NZD. I don't understand it either.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Fremry posted:

Edit: Also, for the people who bought, when it says "Wii U" and "Nintendo 3DS", do you get a code for each, or do you pick one.

Haven't bought it yet, but if it's anything like all the other humble bundles you get a code for each system/service it offers the game on. So you should get both a Wii U and 3DS code.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Here's another Mighty Switch force from the Humble Bundle: A08KWCAV28X5FGB0

And a Steamworld Dig: A08LMPEF35YGJQAK

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fix posted:

Here's another Mighty Switch force from the Humble Bundle: A08KWCAV28X5FGB0
I also grabbed this! I'm still debating on the bundle, probably going to get it, and if so will post all these codes I got from you already.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Fix posted:

And a Steamworld Dig: A08LMPEF35YGJQAK

I won't be home for a few hours but I hope to use this. If it's still available thanks, if not thanks anyway!!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Tyson Tomko posted:

I won't be home for a few hours but I hope to use this. If it's still available thanks, if not thanks anyway!!
You can redeem them online from this website!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So it says there are more games to come. Do you have to wait to donate to get those or do you get them automatically?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

greatn posted:

So it says there are more games to come. Do you have to wait to donate to get those or do you get them automatically?

If you beat the average price now, you'll get the new stuff next week.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sigh, I have to go home and check a box on my 3DS that allows PC log ins. Handy link though!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Some people are really angry that it's America-only but it is a Nintendo of America promotion so I dunno what people are really getting angry at them about

Get angry at NoE for not wanting to participate

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

I'm Nintendo online stupid so thanks for this badassery!!

-- Someone else has already claimed the code but thanks anyway

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Considering that Europe has been getting way more promotions recently, it seems odd that NoE wouldn't participate in the bundle.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Some people are really angry that it's America-only but it is a Nintendo of America promotion so I dunno what people are really getting angry at them about

Get angry at NoE for not wanting to participate

Yeah the YouTube video for it has like 60% dislikes

I'm in Europe and it sucks that I can't buy it but I think it's cool that Nintendo is even doing something like this. You wouldn't really expect this kind of thing from them

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A08LMR730N5MC0KF Free Steamworld Dig

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Turtlicious posted:

A08LMR730N5MC0KF Free Steamworld Dig

:hellyeah: Thanks!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kaethela posted:

Haven't bought it yet, but if it's anything like all the other humble bundles you get a code for each system/service it offers the game on. So you should get both a Wii U and 3DS code.

Is this confirmed yet? I bought it but can't check to see if I got codes for both. Curious since I'll have a bunch of codes to give away if so.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Louisgod posted:

Is this confirmed yet? I bought it but can't check to see if I got codes for both. Curious since I'll have a bunch of codes to give away if so.

give me all of them, i will kindly accept them and say "thank you"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So uh, that bundle is crazy good if you don't own any of those games, yeah?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tender Bender posted:

So uh, that bundle is crazy good if you don't own any of those games, yeah?

I don't have any yet, probably gonna get it and be disappointed by every one of them.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

SteamWorld Dig 3DS

A08LMP1T183KP9K4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Louisgod posted:

My keys arrived, so confirming that that you do indeed get codes for both systems.