Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Not with that attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rhyno posted:

Not with that attitude.

Dude, it's The Captain, what kind of an attitude did you think he'd have?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A couple of days ago I said the ultimate universe is good after Ultimatum. Probably should have finished reading the Utopia arc and reconstruction.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dude, it's The Captain, what kind of an attitude did you think he'd have?

a drunker one.

Mr Hootington posted:

A couple of days ago I said the ultimate universe is good after Ultimatum. Probably should have finished reading the Utopia arc and reconstruction.

Ha!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

This isn't the "Panels that make you cry" thread! Get that out of here!
:cry:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

What comic is that panel with the Captain from?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
One of the semi-recent Sam Nova books.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh my god, the last page of Squirrel Girl is literally the best.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

Oh my god, the last page of Squirrel Girl is literally the best.

Empty quoting but also if the rhino isnt immediately rebranded as the unicorn for the entire marvel line im gonna be extremely disappointed :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Frankly I think Squirrel Girl should be the main canon and every other book should be mandated to follow whatever it establishes.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

What comic is that panel with the Captain from?

Nova's tie-in to Civil War 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

Frankly I think Squirrel Girl should be the main canon and every other book should be mandated to follow whatever it establishes.

When is SQ founding the new Nextwave team?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't picture anyone swearing that much around Squirrel Girl.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

I can't picture anyone swearing that much around Squirrel Girl.

That's why they audibly censor themselves when they do.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So i take it the monologue in this week's jj is just metacommentary by bendis on why he doesnt give a poo poo about ruining characters

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kamala realizing what shits the royals are almost brings IvsX up to "good".

I'd say its okay, but I understand why people aren't enjoying it.

But SG and ANW are still the best this week.

Spider-Man being bad at twitter jokes is heart warming #actionismyreward

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is nice that the new inhumans aren't still gungho after learning what the stakes really are

of the recent event books (cw2, monsters unleashed, and this), I'd say ivx is probably the best one. it's a stupid premise that was set up on a lot of bad writing, but the book itself does what it can with what it has to work with. it still has the same problem as cw2 where one side is obviously in the right and the other is insanely bad tho

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I wouldn't even call Monsters Unleashed or Inhumans vs X-Men actual events. They're just crossovers. Like Standoff, Spider-Verse, Clone Conspiracy, Black Vortex, etc. When I think events I think books like Secret Wars or Civil War or Secret Invasion that involve pretty much all the books. MU and IvX are pretty much self contained crossovers that don't really affect much else.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, the other Inhumans finding out what the gas is doing and all pausing was great. I think Scott being there is going to convince them to let Forge create a machine to contain the gas at least. Seems like he was positioned to be one to help end the conflict, since the thought was that the older version started it all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I wouldn't even call Monsters Unleashed or Inhumans vs X-Men actual events. They're just crossovers. Like Standoff, Spider-Verse, Clone Conspiracy, Black Vortex, etc. When I think events I think books like Secret Wars or Civil War or Secret Invasion that involve pretty much all the books. MU and IvX are pretty much self contained crossovers that don't really affect much else.

Marvel refers to any story that has a stand alone mini series as an event these days in their retailer memos.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Marvel refers to any story that has a stand alone mini series as an event these days in their retailer memos.

I don't really care what their designation is. I feel for it to be an event it needs to involve most of the Marvel Universe. They usually have one of those a year and bunch of smaller crossovers of varying size. This year it appears to be Secret Empire. Last year it was Civil War II. In 2015 it was Secret Wars. 2014 had Axis, 2013 Infinity, 2012 AvX, 2011 Fear Itself, and so on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I don't really care what their designation is. I feel for it to be an event it needs to involve most of the Marvel Universe. They usually have one of those a year and bunch of smaller crossovers of varying size. This year it appears to be Secret Empire. Last year it was Civil War II. In 2015 it was Secret Wars. 2014 had Axis, 2013 Infinity, 2012 AvX, 2011 Fear Itself, and so on.

You know, for how long the events end up being and considering how frequently they fall behind schedule, Marvel should just have a book called EVENT running at all times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, the other Inhumans finding out what the gas is doing and all pausing was great. I think Scott being there is going to convince them to let Forge create a machine to contain the gas at least. Seems like he was positioned to be one to help end the conflict, since the thought was that the older version started it all.

Yeah, Forge's machine basically recreates terrigen crystals. All they need to do is skip the "then destroy it" part of the plan and everything is bright and shiny and the X-Men can go on to have a resurrexion.

I hope the finale is the newer Inhumans confronting the Royals about what dicks they are.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And the Royals going "But its scared to us!!!" and the rest going "so what? You are willing to kill all the mutants just for that?"

I wish the art in ANW was better, because the issue was pretty great, and yes Laura is finally cured of trigger scent. What is it that I hate Gambit everywhere but when he's paired with Laura?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gambit is always cool, chere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

What is it that I hate Gambit everywhere but when he's paired with Laura?

It not Gambit, it you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gambit is terrible and always has been.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You guys aren't really talking about Gambit unless you put on the thickest Cajun accent possible while you do it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

twistedmentat posted:

And the Royals going "But its scared to us!!!" and the rest going "so what? You are willing to kill all the mutants just for that?"

I wish the art in ANW was better, because the issue was pretty great, and yes Laura is finally cured of trigger scent. What is it that I hate Gambit everywhere but when he's paired with Laura?

Hasn't she been cured of trigger scent before? I feel like we've addressed the trigger scent topic twice now. Maybe the time I'm thinking of "We destroyed all known trigger scent and the formula" and the it showed up again in Avengers Arena and then braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-O posted:

Gambit is terrible and always has been.

Mods!

drat it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

Kind of annoying that young Jean is the one to do it, though. Especially since Emma Frost apparently couldn't.

Then again, maybe I'm just resenting the reminder that ANXM exists. I was happy in blissful ignorance, dammit!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
IvX has some dumb poo poo going on in it, but I love that it takes Young Jean and Fantomex to subdue Karnak. Anytime a writer puts Karnak over I'm in.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
can't wait to see what happens next in JJ :) it's been so good

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Kind of annoying that young Jean is the one to do it, though. Especially since Emma Frost apparently couldn't.

Then again, maybe I'm just resenting the reminder that ANXM exists. I was happy in blissful ignorance, dammit!

Nobody ever said can't. Emma probably could have and just didn't. Where's the fun in that?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody ever said can't. Emma probably could have and just didn't. Where's the fun in that?

No, I seem to recall that she stated she couldn't back in New X-Men, which was why she wanted Laura out of the school.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, Forge's machine basically recreates terrigen crystals. All they need to do is skip the "then destroy it" part of the plan and everything is bright and shiny and the X-Men can go on to have a resurrexion.

I hope the finale is the newer Inhumans confronting the Royals about what dicks they are.

I think the ideal outcome is that the machine smooshes the cloud back into a solid object, but it doesn't become a crystal. It's in some kind of state that it hasn't been in before, so the Inhumans don't know how to use it. Then Storm strolls into the Inhuman throne room and just drops it off, and on her way out, she suggests that everyone watch how much resources Medusa puts into making the terrigen work again. Because when the terrigen cloud was killing mutants, the royals put all of two scientists to work on that. One of which was borrowed from the X-Men.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 9, 2017

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
So, we can agree that Kamala is the best inhuman, right? We should ratify that or something, make it official.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

So, we can agree that Kamala is the best inhuman, right? We should ratify that or something, make it official.

Toss up between her and Reader.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kamala's great in part because she's not like blackbolt or medusa where a lot of her identity is wrapped up in being inhuman. it's basically incidental to her character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Maxwell Adams posted:

She's no Lockjaw.
Him aside, I really like Frank a lot.

• Locked thread