Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

How dare you!? Don't hurt my little leaf face friends by dropping rocks on their heads!

I'm just saying, almost everybody ends up doing it once by accident. And then you feel like a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I got the master sword and have a question about it : I know that around places of evil, like Hyrule Castle, it will get powered up and be unbreakable. But what does it mean when it says if you use it normally elsewhere, it will need to recharge? Does it mean that it will basically "break", and you will have to wait a certain amount of time for it to fix itself? And in that case, it's then OK to use it whenever you want as long as you are alright with it needing to charge?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I got the master sword and have a question about it : I know that around places of evil, like Hyrule Castle, it will get powered up and be unbreakable. But what does it mean when it says if you use it normally elsewhere, it will need to recharge? Does it mean that it will basically "break", and you will have to wait a certain amount of time for it to fix itself? And in that case, it's then OK to use it whenever you want as long as you are alright with it needing to charge?

You got it exactly right

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Your Computer posted:

That reminds me, what exactly makes him expand his inventory? He only sold a goofy Bokoblin hat for me :saddowns:

I think he expands it for each town you find him in, though I'm not 100% sure on that yet.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm just saying, almost everybody ends up doing it once by accident. And then you feel like a monster.

I let a friend try the game the other day. He didn't recognise koroks and tried attacking the first one he met. :catstare:

alf_pogs posted:

oh wow so dog spoiler feed them a meat and get them happy

Yeah it's pretty cu-

alf_pogs posted:

and they will sniff out chests

WHAT :catstare:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I looked around a bit to see if there were anyone let's playing/streaming this that's enjoyable to watch (what a contradiction amirite) and I swear every single person is exactly the same:

- Doesn't realize you can actually climb anywhere
- Complains about not having a dodge
- Makes a joke about the Sheikah Slate powerups being cum (it's literally a teardrop from an eye guys)
- Doesn't understand even the most basic puzzle
- Doesn't utilize the environment in any way
- Plays it like a linear game

:negative:
I enjoy watching other people play games I love when I'm too tired to play them myself but... not like this. Not like this.

For what it's worth I've befriended every dog I've met in the game and all they've ever done for me is roll around and look adorable, have sneezing fits or chase their own tail (:3:)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm not crying, you're crying :qq:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Your Computer posted:

This was me on the plateau. Felt really stupid when the game finally explained the dodge mechanic and it was just the jump button.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok are there any good acorn harvesting spots/places where squirrels hang out?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Not all, but many dogs if you feed them 3 times will do so

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How the gently caress do I beat the Minotaur thing on top of the mountain near Zora's Domain? This is my first dungeon area so I am pretty weak still.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How the gently caress do I beat the Minotaur thing on top of the mountain near Zora's Domain? This is my first dungeon area so I am pretty weak still.

Don't bother. Just sneak around and grab what you came for

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You don't need to (and aren't even asked to by the quest).

Just sneak around and grab arrows from the trees.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Your objective isn't to kill it remember.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I was looking down from the top of the mountain that overlooks Zora City today thinking about finally starting in on the dungeons and then instead decided to go fight the Lynel that's up there and go looking for the Zora Armor helmet

I'll progress in this dumb game only when I've drained it of every last bit of wonder god dammit

Also, man, those guys are a lot easier to fight once you start [THE WORLD]ing them, although I guess it's also that I have a lot more heart containers and fancier weapons now, along with a better grasp of the cooking and potions systems

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Is the dog sniffing chests really better than simply adding a treasure chest in your tracker?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where the hell is the person in Gerudo Town that will tell me about the Eight Heroine? I wanna do the stupid goon's quest for the sand boots but have no clue where to find the statue in the Highlands. Quest log says someone in town knows about it but nobody says anything relevant.

Your Computer posted:

I looked around a bit to see if there were anyone let's playing/streaming this that's enjoyable to watch (what a contradiction amirite) and I swear every single person is exactly the same:

If you want a streamer that is mostly free of gimmicks and is pretty chill, I recommend Peeve. He's the only streamer I regularly watch right now because he doesn't make obnoxious jokes or have some stupid gimmick he constantly forces. That said;

quote:

...this can be a problem sometimes. I think he spent like 15 minutes in the magnesis trial trying to build a path with metal objects up to the chest. It didn't occur to him that the chest was, you know, metal.

VVV Oh yeah Vinny is good too. I just can never catch his streams regularly.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 10, 2017

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Your Computer posted:

- Makes a joke about the Sheikah Slate powerups being cum (it's literally a teardrop from an eye guys)
- Doesn't utilize the environment in any way
- Plays it like a linear game

I suggest you watch Vinny from vinesauce play it. He is a good guy with a not annoying voice who knows its about the game and not him.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=uw3iBX6SNN0

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'll try and avoid it I guess. But it seems to lock on to me no matter how sneaky I try to be.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'll try and avoid it I guess. But it seems to lock on to me no matter how sneaky I try to be.

Try eating stealth food

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

OnimaruXLR posted:

Also, man, those guys are a lot easier to fight once you start [THE WORLD]ing them, although I guess it's also that I have a lot more heart containers and fancier weapons now, along with a better grasp of the cooking and potions systems

Stasis upgraded is completely broken. I had to make a personal rule to not hit monsters in it. At first I thought they were immune to damage but the force of anything they got hit by was amplified. But it turns out that all the damage is just delayed which makes it way too strong. Its not like it'd be worthless if they couldn't take damage since its still useful for reposistioning and stealth.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, it has some incredible perception and a long aggro radius. Good thing there's a stealth up ninja set you can buy in Kakariko :v:

Fun thing happened to me when I did that quest; when you go up the mountain there's a tiny cutscene where Link hides behind a rock and then you regain control. I must've found a small glitch because Link didn't hide properly behind the rock in the cutscene so when it ended I was in plain sight of the Lynel and immediately got shot to death :shepface:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
They must have had different English writers for the main quest and sidequests because the latter is so much better, like Paper Mario levels of comedy.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

parallelodad posted:

What if you got the master sword before doing eventide island, dropped it in shore before the mission you could cheese it, then forgot to drop it again before finishing when the sage takes all your stuff back. I lost a lightscale trident that way, and the worst part is even though I planned on cheesing it I didn't actually end up doing it, I did it without using it. Luckily the Trident is replacable.

Actually impossible, probably, since you can't drop the master sword from the menu (they give you an extra weapon slot with it too, thankfully).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sidon is a bro, sending people on the path to make sure you're doing okay.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I put every weapon etc I got for completing the Divine Beasts on the wall of my house and I'm gonna take em all into Hyrule Castle with me when I finally storm the joint :unsmith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

I suggest you watch Vinny from vinesauce play it. He is a good guy with a not annoying voice who knows its about the game and not him.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=uw3iBX6SNN0

Internet Kraken posted:

If you want a streamer that is mostly free of gimmicks and is pretty chill, I recommend Peeve. He's the only streamer I regularly watch right now because he doesn't make obnoxious jokes or have some stupid gimmick he constantly forces. That said;

...this can be a problem sometimes. I think he spent like 15 minutes in the magnesis trial trying to build a path with metal objects up to the chest. It didn't occur to him that the chest was, you know, metal.

Funny you should mention the magnesis chest. I've literally not seen a single person get it :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I love how you can cheese the labyrinths. Also the north east labyrinth has a tiara that helps against Guardians so get that because guardians are douches and Link looks fabulous with it

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

this game has the best cast of korokters

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Actually impossible, probably, since you can't drop the master sword from the menu (they give you an extra weapon slot with it too, thankfully).

Well gently caress that, if I can't leave it, the game shouldn't take it! <:mad:>

Escobarbarian posted:

I put every weapon etc I got for completing the Divine Beasts on the wall of my house and I'm gonna take em all into Hyrule Castle with me when I finally storm the joint :unsmith:

... It's what Urbosa would've wanted.

alf_pogs posted:

this game has the best cast of korokters
Again, those tree babies are great because they are just so loving EXCITED about you! And you're HERE! YAY! :3:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Admittedly the little koroks stole maracas guys seeds

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I need ancient materials to get the anti-guardian armor. What's my best bet for gathering the mats without fighting said guardians, aside from scavenging the dead ones?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there anyplace to buy Rushrooms?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

I need ancient materials to get the anti-guardian armor. What's my best bet for gathering the mats without fighting said guardians, aside from scavenging the dead ones?

Shrines. Combat trials and ones with guardian scouts can net you some. A handful reward ancient cores, but they're few and far between.

Your best bet is honestly to put on that pot lid and go fight some guardians :getin:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Can you hunt koroks with the Sheikah Slate or do you have to find them blind? Because that would be agonizing once you hit the final stretch. It wouldn't even be easy to look up which ones you've missed since the hell if I could remember where I found 850+ koroks!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you dont already know, you can keep the Gerudo Divine Treasure for yourself after beating the Divine Beast.

Take another look at the Thunder Helm afterwards in the throne room and you'll get a sidequest to earn it. I no longee fear the lightning :unsmigghh:.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you dont already know, you can keep the Gerudo Divine Treasure for yourself after beating the Divine Beast.

Take another look at the Thunder Helm afterwards in the throne room and you'll get a sidequest to earn it. I no longee fear the lightning :unsmigghh:.

Doing that dungeon first and getting Urbosa's lightning has been very good for me.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[extremely mipha voice] Mipha's Grace Is Ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god

Please

Someone tell me what I need to do to get a Blood Moon to happen so I can finish "Under the Red Moon".

I thought I could force it by sitting at a fire repeatedly but apparently nope? It's been forty nights. The actual phases of the actual moon don't take this long. If I have to listen to Kass's theme much longer I am going to have some sort of psychotic episode.