Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
time for league of legends III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

That usa war and ban tiki tok bill also includes a provision to ban all funding to un groups lol

lol, this is something the Dems would be raging about if the GoP was in charge.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

People still trot out a book some German guy wrote 160 years ago.
is this frosted flake with a different username?

quote:

The Koch-funded Cato Institute, which also advocates lifting legal restrictions on child labor

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

is this frosted flake with a different username?

yea they're a dumbass, put on ignore ASAP

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

lol scorching hot take from the resident contrarian.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

oh dang the rape apologist racist with garbage posts telling people to use the ignore list

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

oh dang the rape apologist racist with garbage posts telling people to use the ignore list

Lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

Isn't Thorn Wishes Talon the second account of shrike82? :thunk:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

probably i forgot the freaks also a landlord

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Horseshoe theory posted:

No he is some cspam posters 2nd account, but that is what the d&d mods said and they are liars.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Bardamnu posted:

Diets don’t work for the same reason N95 respirators don’t work: people don’t actually follow the diet / wear the mask. Obesity isn’t a moral failing - it’s something much worse: an intellectual failing.They are fat because they are stupid and dishonest. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-68291-w

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

not sure why this was probed worthy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

not sure why this was probed worthy

Because it was a bad post hth

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Because it was a bad post hth

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Why do you still post here? Nobody likes you or takes you seriously, and you’re a rape apologist.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Weka posted:

I glanced through that Economist article about how zoomers are richer, and the meat of it seems to be that they are doing better.... than millennials. And this despite (or because of?) the fact no one wants to work anymore (have a good work life balance).
A couple of quotes.

I also enjoyed this graph which supports generation X being the slacker generation.

so gen x was the only generation who’s parents economic circumstances were stable enough not to shove them into the workforce at the earliest opportunity?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

monitor

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Horseshoe theory posted:

nah, im a different poster

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
imagine having posting enemies. who's got the time

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

imagine having posting enemies. who's got the time

you just made a lot lists with this comment

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/04/chinese-ev-makers-wont-get-subsidies-from-mexico-after-us-pressure/

hell yeah

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They're going in the wrong direction. They should ally with China and put a Chinese base somewhere in the northern provinces. That would be interesting.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

joe biden insists on making americans pay more for cars by not letting us buy the $15k BYD electric car

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you just made a lot lists with this comment

confirmed

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

joe biden insists on making americans pay more for cars by not letting us buy the $15k BYD electric car

$9,700

quote:

The company now rivals Tesla in annual plug-in vehicle sales and has recently introduced an ultra-cheap model called the Seagull that starts at just $9,700.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

They're going in the wrong direction. They should ally with China and put a Chinese base somewhere in the northern provinces. That would be interesting.

How would the cartels feel about that? My guess is the cartels like the current status quo.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's unironically a shame that liberals, including the lib-left can only engage with this in terms of No Body is Illegal or whatever, rather than seeing what's actually going on here.

The Left Case against Open Borders

This is an important topic that will get lost in this thread, too bad the immigration thread is defunct

IMO the main problem with this piece is it ignores the reality that we are and will continue to see large scale mass migration into the west over the next few decades no matter what policy the "left" decides. It's already happening and will continue to happen on ever larger scales, climate change ensures this without even accounting for globalization. The only question is whether these migrants are treated humanely or declared illegal.

It's also disingenuous to say conservatives love immigration as a weapon against labour. They absolutely do for all the reasons the author summarizes, but what conservatives love much more is the current situation of mass migration WITHOUT legal status. That's far more corrosive to labour than treating migrants humanely and letting them work legally. As mentioned we are getting mass migration no matter what, it's not up for debate, and these are the two options.

In particular this part annoyed me:

quote:

With respect to illegal immigration, the Left should support efforts to make E-Verify mandatory and push for stiff penalties on employers who fail to comply. Employers, not immigrants, should be the primary focus of enforcement efforts. These employers take advantage of immigrants who lack ordinary legal protections in order to perpetuate a race to the bottom in wages while also evading payroll taxes and the provision of other benefits. Such incentives must be eliminated if any workers are to be treated fairly.
This is not going address the reality of desperate migrants having to do anything to survive, illegal or not. Frankly it comes across as clueless, like thinking you can win the drug war by only arresting dealers or whatever.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nocturtle posted:

Frankly it comes across as clueless, like thinking you can win the drug war by only arresting dealers or whatever.

Why would they go after the CIA for running the cartels? :thunk:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Nocturtle posted:

This is an important topic that will get lost in this thread, too bad the immigration thread is defunct

IMO the main problem with this piece is it ignores the reality that we are and will continue to see large scale mass migration into the west over the next few decades no matter what policy the "left" decides. It's already happening and will continue to happen on ever larger scales, climate change ensures this without even accounting for globalization. The only question is whether these migrants are treated humanely or declared illegal.

It's also disingenuous to say conservatives love immigration as a weapon against labour. They absolutely do for all the reasons the author summarizes, but what conservatives love much more is the current situation of mass migration WITHOUT legal status. That's far more corrosive to labour than treating migrants humanely and letting them work legally. As mentioned we are getting mass migration no matter what, it's not up for debate, and these are the two options.

This is not going address the reality of desperate migrants having to do anything to survive, illegal or not. Frankly it comes across as clueless, like thinking you can win the drug war by only arresting dealers or whatever.
what if we closed the borders and banned alcohol, to help the poors

consider that?????

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I wouldn’t be surprised if Texas parked turrets all around eagle pass and started just gunning folks down within the decade. idk if Republican voters care about any other issue more (aside from owning the libs)

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Nocturtle posted:

Nagle's point is that "treating migrants humanely" is tantamount to letting the country be flooded with surplus labor that will destroy the domestic working class. Yeah no poo poo people are going to push back against that. It's bad enough that there's a housing shortage in most American cities as it stands, while no one wants to build an adequate supply necessary to match the population growth.

Declaring migrants illegal while letting businesses exploit them by violating the laws is the worst of both worlds and not what Nagle is proposing. Hell, you just admitted it yourself - you don't like her method of cracking down on businesses trying to exploit under the table migrants. Failing that, all you have is the option of accepting mass migrants which has the inevitable impact of suppressing wages and degrading quality of life here. Not a very popular stance electorally

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

DemihumanResources posted:

to be fair I am fat, stupid, and dishonest

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Man gently caress this, dude

They don't like that there's a sub 10k ev on the market then tough poo poo make a more affordable drat car, we expect them to buy our bloated overpriced bs cars then forbid they sell theirs here

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

These idiots could have just spent $10 and had a social club for life

:haibrower:

DemihumanResources posted:

to be fair I am fat, stupid, and dishonest

:same:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Shipon posted:

Nagle's point is that "treating migrants humanely" is tantamount to letting the country be flooded with surplus labor that will destroy the domestic working class.

Oh no, the parasitic hell nation is reaping what it's been sowing for decades! Anyway...

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
so like, i somehow got an unannounced 27.7% raise a month ago and no ones said anything about it?
like, my boss hasnt said anything and usually the raises are like 2-3% a year? did someone at HR gently caress up the decimal?

HR goons?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
you should inform HR right away and promise to give back every last penny of unearned wages you've stolen from the shareholders

failure to do so is not only violating their sovereign self-determination fiduciary experiences and hurting the poor, but it is a crime. shame on you for cashing the paycheck

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Xaris posted:

you should inform HR right away and promise to give back every last penny of unearned wages you've stolen from the shareholders

failure to do so is not only violating their sovereign self-determination fiduciary experiences and hurting the poor, but it is a crime. shame on you for cashing the paycheck

This.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

it's a "least worst" kinda thing but the US is miles ahead of Europe and Asia when it comes to immigration and integration - the equivalent of hyphenated Americans is still alien in most other countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

its direct deposit