Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Mordja posted:

That FOV's giving me a headache.

I rather enjoy it
                                                                                                                           /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I have regrowth on charged attack on a 1h sword that maxes out at 3%. Does that mean there's a separate 3% chance for every rat you hit with a sweep?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yup. regrowth goes by rats hit and isn't just 'every time you swing there's a 3% chance'. so while the % looks low it's pretty decent if you're actually hitting groups frequently like you should be

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Shields are an exception though so don't get regrowth charged on those

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

yup. regrowth goes by rats hit and isn't just 'every time you swing there's a 3% chance'. so while the % looks low it's pretty decent if you're actually hitting groups frequently like you should be
Awesome, thanks :) The sword has Devastating Blow, Perfect Balance and Charged Regrowth which seem like a good set of traits.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zephro posted:

Awesome, thanks :) The sword has Devastating Blow, Perfect Balance and Charged Regrowth which seem like a good set of traits.

That's a good sword. And in 4 days, it gets better. :getin:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

How badly do I want Rupture on a Blunderbuss? Right now I've got Mastercrafted, Bloodlust, and some fuckoff rando skill like Distraction.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Blunderbuss has built in pen unlike the raker I think. And regardless it's wide shot is better for killing the front wave instead of cutting deep into a pack. Distraction would be good on it, anything that can hit multiple rats with that trait is good to buy someone a whole lot more time.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I would get a better third trait (probably targeteer) but it comes with 1 penetration for free so rupture is not important.

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
I would say scavenger would be the third trait to go for on the blunderbus. The ability to regain ammo with the buttsmash is rather awesome.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
What would Targeteer even do on a Hagbane? Like I am slightly afraid it'd actually make the weapon worse.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I can't talk one way or the other about Maximal Cataclysm Strats but can heavily confirm that an orange blunderbuss with 3 total penetration with rupture, hail of doom and regrowth on hit and a scavenger melee is hilarious. A little lovely at storms and specials but you can't have it all. The biggest problem with its implementation is BW and Elf not believing you until you wipe out a clanrat wave in three shots netting 25 health in the process. With fast reloads you can crank off a shot or three before taking out melee and waltzing the fight away.

If it weren't for high Regrowth on eight pellets penning 3 rats apiece I probably wouldn't like it so much, and the handgun is the more versatile choice just for oneshotting any rat that'll give you pause. But does the handgun turn a screen full of rats into a screen full of blood and limbs with a mouseclick? Not really.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 12, 2016

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Willie Tomg posted:

I can't talk one way or the other about Maximal Cataclysm Strats but can heavily confirm that an orange blunderbuss with 3 total penetration with rupture, hail of doom and regrowth on hit and a scavenger melee is hilarious.

This is four traits. Drop hail of doom?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's a little unclear but he means his melee weapon has scavenger on it, the blunderbuss has rupture, HoD, and regrowth

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Coolguye posted:

it's a little unclear but he means his melee weapon has scavenger on it, the blunderbuss has rupture, HoD, and regrowth

Yes, thank you.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
There are purple weapons with 4 traits.

In my dreams

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Coolguye posted:

Oh, my bad. I was thinking he meant scavenger for the rifle butt, which works and IS hilarious.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lunethex posted:

There are purple weapons with 4 traits.

In my dreams

Pls no. I don't need an order of magnitude more sets of traits I need to roll through

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
A black weapon tier, attainable only from the very top of the Cataclysm loot table after collecting all the tomes, grims, and replacing one of your weapons with a useless giant foam hand.

(The 4th trait will always be hawkeye, regardless of the weapon)

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
So what traits would be good for a Hagbane Bow? I normally play Kruber so beyond Bloodlust on melee/mastercrafted on range weapons I'm pretty clueless. My current bow has scavenger, hail of doom, and Inspiration.

Also, ask me about downing my Soviet-star friend and myself with Hagbane because he walked through my character and into my shot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Still no release date for Azgaraz? I'm taking a break from rat smashing to do some humie smashing in Total War.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Still no release date for Azgaraz? I'm taking a break from rat smashing to do some humie smashing in Total War.

This Thursday, they said.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I personally say that either Regrowth or Bloodlust is required on all weapons because health is king in this game, but I'm not clear on how it works with the Hagsbane; if something dies from the DoT, does it proc Bloodlust? I'm honestly not sure.

Beyond that, the most you want out of a Hagsbane is more ammo, so ammunition holder and scavenger are both good. Knockback is good as a comedy option because it sends rats absolutely flying. Master Crafted actually only increases Hagsbane fire by 15% and is not really required.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The only bow I'd want Mastercrafted on is a Longbow.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is the next patch doing anything to the beam staff? Other than adding friendly fire, that is. I got one with some decent traits and it's my only orange staff so I tried it out, but it is still just so bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Substantially nerfing the tick rate of the beam, actually :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

Substantially nerfing the tick rate of the beam, actually :v:

Only at the start; it ramps up extremely quickly and outpaces its old steady rate if you keep it on.

They also really buffed the left click burst finisher on the beam.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Did they ever fix the god-awful explosion sound every time it ticks? It's the worst.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was taking considerably longer to kill stormvermin, even though the rate was already really bad before, and you have to hold it on an enemy for a stupidly long time (like half a second) before the first tick hits them, which severely limits what you can do against normal rats with the beam. It felt incredibly weaker outside of the gratefully lowered heat generation.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh that's lame. It'll make it harder to stun lock gutter runners. Though stun locking stormvermin wasn't really about killing them in any amount of time anyway.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
If people are reading this and don't yet own Vermintide, it's available in this month's HumbleBundle with the DLC

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Does Hail of Doom do stuff on the Bolt Staff? I assume it does, but I have one with a 13.5% chance and I've never seen any graphical indication of it proccing. Is that down to the homing behaviour, with the bolts just stacking directly on top of each other?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zephro posted:

Does Hail of Doom do stuff on the Bolt Staff? I assume it does, but I have one with a 13.5% chance and I've never seen any graphical indication of it proccing. Is that down to the homing behaviour, with the bolts just stacking directly on top of each other?

It's easier to listen for it than to look for it because bolts are fast and hard to tell when they double proc. You'll hear a slight stutter in the attack audio, kind of a wh-whoosh sound. At least that's how it works for my Hail of doom drakefires, except in that case it's more of a b-bang

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It does work on the bolt staff. If you're lucky the bolts will split up, if you're unlucky it won't matter and one will seek the same targets as the other

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Thanks. I guess I've just never seen them splitting up.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
So Hail of Doom does in fact cause some shots to fire twice? Because on my Hail of Doom volley crossbow I've been unable to tell for sure if it ever double-fires, but it is beyond all doubt sometimes not taking away ammunition to fire. I thought Hail's "fire twice" was a very clumsy way of saying "won't use ammo / heat so you can fire again and that's kind of like twice."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hail of dude is basically 'sometimes i'll fire twice for one pull of the trigger at no cost to you'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Unfortunately that's getting fixed in 1.5.

A lot of the weapon traits are a happy luxury.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

wait what precisely is getting fixed here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The fact that it also doesn't cost ammo when it triggers

• Locked thread