Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6682843127956376837

I wish there was a better way, but that's a video of a teacher ranting about how the south pole doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

From those witness statements she doesn't seem to have been particularly good at teaching English either

That's just the regional variation.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
IoSM from a couple of days ago.

A guy in Poland ran over a dog. Deliberately, slowly and several times. All the while he was cursing and taunting the dying dog with stuff like "What? Can't walk you gently caress?"

How do we know? He filmed the deed and posted it online himself. Reportedly, by the time the police got to him, a bunch of angry people were already congregating near his house, which makes for the rare case of cops finding someone way too early.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
One last thing about that idiot teacher (the racist, not the flat earther(I mean they could be both idk you know that I'm talking about!)) is that she said a kid who needed some help was an illegal immigrant, so that kid went to the principal, and when the principal didn't deport the kid(?) the teacher went online to send a secret communique to the President of the United States of America to alert him that her boss, the principal of the school she worked for, was a Hispanic assistant. She assists Hispanics! Better hope DJT deports the students AND the principal, although this is a clear case of coming for the king but then missing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

One last thing about that idiot teacher (the racist, not the flat earther(I mean they could be both idk you know that I'm talking about!)) is that she said a kid who needed some help was an illegal immigrant, so that kid went to the principal, and when the principal didn't deport the kid(?) the teacher went online to send a secret communique to the President of the United States of America to alert him that her boss, the principal of the school she worked for, was a Hispanic assistant. She assists Hispanics! Better hope DJT deports the students AND the principal, although this is a clear case of coming for the king but then missing.

That's just because she doesn't use twitter etiquette to show which order her tweets go in. When you read the tweets bottom to top, she's actually saying the person is a "Hispanic assistant principal who protects certain students from criminal prosecution" which seems exceedingly unlikely, but that's racist white ladies for you.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm glad Ms. Clark got the promotion to superintendent that she deserved.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Twitter: the ultimate in speaking to your supervisor

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

vyelkin posted:

That's just because she doesn't use twitter etiquette to show which order her tweets go in. When you read the tweets bottom to top, she's actually saying the person is a "Hispanic assistant principal who protects certain students from criminal prosecution" which seems exceedingly unlikely, but that's racist white ladies for you.

Ah snap, good catch. For some reason "Hispanic assistant" was just tickling my funny bone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/1135757599104782337

The Queen is antifa now because she wore the sassy version of a ruby the size of a tangerine taken from the dead hand of a maharajah in the 19th century at Drumpf.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

"And you shall click like and subscribe for your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think my fav thing about those dumb tweets is the "#TH TWEET CONCERNING AMAZON" poo poo she does. Y'all just threw away like 26 or more characters when you can go /1 or 1/x

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Brawnfire posted:

I think my fav thing about those dumb tweets is the "#TH TWEET CONCERNING AMAZON" poo poo she does. Y'all just threw away like 26 or more characters when you can go /1 or 1/x

I get the impression she is not a Twitter power user.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mierenneuker posted:

I get the impression she is not a Twitter power user.

Are you sure, I mean she's got a direct line to the POTUS!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/1135757599104782337

The Queen is antifa now because she wore the sassy version of a ruby the size of a tangerine taken from the dead hand of a maharajah in the 19th century at Drumpf.

The Queen is OG antifa because she literally served in the British armed forces in WW2.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Queen is OG antifa because she literally served in the British armed forces in WW2.

There's an amazing story of the Queen meeting with I think a Saudi prince or something and offering to take him on a drive around the grounds, as she was an ambulance driver in the war. He was already wary because his country banned women from driving, so she (possibly intentionally) drove like an absolute mad woman off-road and terrified him.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

felch me daddy jr. posted:

Even this is pretty awkward most of the time imo, as the Osaka/Kansai dialect has widely different cultural connotations from southern American, but of course American English is one of the poorest languages in the world in terms of regional variance, so southern is the only go-to "different" dialect.

I read this Japanese novel once that's set on a ship and most of the characters speak in a thick northern dialect which fits the setting and is also important in the text to distinguish between the capitalists and the proles. In the Norwegian translation, the translator found a local dialect which also conveys "lives in a northern region known for its maritime industry" and it worked great, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for people reading the English translation which necessarily would have to give up a lot of that nuance.
Osaka in the :siren:anime:siren: Azumanga Daioh was given a Brooklyn accent, which should be the go-to for Osakan. It fits perfectly. American English is great for variation when the translators actually try.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah that's why I'm so conflicted. On one hand guillotine. On the other she's one of the few remaining people who literally fought the original nazis.

I feel the same about Churchill. Stalin is still Bae but Churchill told Hitler to get hosed from day one on sheer principle. No realpolitik, just get hosed you loving nazi.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

Osaka in the :siren:anime:siren: Azumanga Daioh was given a Brooklyn accent, which should be the go-to for Osakan. It fits perfectly. American English is great for variation when the translators actually try.

Were there different dubs? I remember her having a southern drawl for some reason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Katt posted:

Yeah that's why I'm so conflicted. On one hand guillotine. On the other she's one of the few remaining people who literally fought the original nazis.

I feel the same about Churchill. Stalin is still Bae but Churchill told Hitler to get hosed from day one on sheer principle. No realpolitik, just get hosed you loving nazi.

A good person (Beyonce) can do a bad thing (sweatshops) and we must decide whether she is cancelled (she is not, out of fear of her Hive)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Clearly the monarch is a comrade.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zoux posted:

A good person (Beyonce) can do a bad thing (sweatshops) and we must decide whether she is cancelled (she is not, out of fear of her Hive)

Beyonce has more money than she'll ever spend in her life and talks a lot about positivity and human rights while not actually spending her ridiculous millions on helping people or providing the sweatshop workers for her merchandise humane working conditions. Therefore, guillotine.

Also guillotine Lady Gaga who willingly and proudly collaborated with R. Kelly on a really creepy song and did the "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm trying to delete it" when the cops started looking his way again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Beyonce has more money than she'll ever spend in her life and talks a lot about positivity and human rights while not actually spending her ridiculous millions on helping people or providing the sweatshop workers for her merchandise humane working conditions. Therefore, guillotine.

Also guillotine Lady Gaga who willingly and proudly collaborated with R. Kelly on a really creepy song and did the "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm trying to delete it" when the cops started looking his way again.

Buzz buzz bitch

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mak0rz posted:

Were there different dubs? I remember her having a southern drawl for some reason.

Trap sprung, but it was definitely a southern drawl.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Katt posted:

Churchill only disagreed with Hitler about which other people were subhuman and deserved to be exterminated, not about the principle itself.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

christmas boots posted:

Trap sprung, but it was definitely a southern drawl.
poo poo, have I been Berenstain Bear'd?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This does NOT embody the Live Mas lifestyle.

zoux has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Jun 4, 2019

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

poo poo, have I been Berenstain Bear'd?

She had a Brooklyn accent in the manga.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eeeyyy I’m tsundere over here not that I care or anything

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/Daemon29135127/status/1130870343101550592

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

vyelkin posted:

Churchill only disagreed with Hitler about which other people were subhuman and deserved to be exterminated, not about the principle itself.

Yeah but he sacrificed the entire British empire to defeat the nazis when he probably could have (with public support no less) stayed out of the war and then for a few decades prospered alongside the nazi empire.

Peace with the nazis was never an option even when Britain was the only one fighting the nazis. That he would eventually get both the Soviet Union and the USA on his side was something he couldn't even have dreamed of.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I sort of agree. I went in for speed running videos to see people beating my favourite games really fast and well. Instead I get people glitching through a wall 10 minutes into the game to spawn the end credits and get declared master speed runner.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Thanks, I hate it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RoboRodent posted:

Thanks, I hate it.

Surely you mean: “Love to interact with my favorite brand, @tacobell”

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

Thanks, I hate it.

I like how the only reason you would get an education is to become a Taco Bell general manager

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I had a coworker who got fired because on Myspace she wrote "my company screwed up my paycheck and I didnt get paid on payday, they need to get their loving act together!" Which is a legit complaint but alas,

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Katt posted:

I sort of agree. I went in for speed running videos to see people beating my favourite games really fast and well. Instead I get people glitching through a wall 10 minutes into the game to spawn the end credits and get declared master speed runner.
Well you could watch glitchless or NMG runs instead of making GBS threads on ones that do use them. Seems a lot easier.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I had a coworker who got fired because on Myspace she wrote "my company screwed up my paycheck and I didnt get paid on payday, they need to get their loving act together!" Which is a legit complaint but alas,

The only way this makes any sense is if she worked for Myspace

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Katt posted:

https://youtu.be/I5auJOBC828

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I am so loving glad that my counter culture instinct to reject anything mainstream got me to reject social media until I realised how bad it all was.

When I signed up for military service one of the questions in the security interview was to list all my social media accounts and young me on social media would have hosed that up for sure.

When I think about it I should probably get a fake facebook and twitter and just fill it with wholesome crap like "boy I sure love obeying the rules and working hard"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Katt posted:

I am so loving glad that my counter culture instinct to reject anything mainstream got me to reject social media until I realised how bad it all was.

When I signed up for military service one of the questions in the security interview was to list all my social media accounts and young me on social media would have hosed that up for sure.

When I think about it I should probably get a fake facebook and twitter and just fill it with wholesome crap like "boy I sure love obeying the rules and working hard"

Like, no one born after 2000 is going to be able to run for office.