Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kheldarn posted:

And you guys thought it was too early to be thinking about Season 16 sets. :smugdog:

I've never done a (D3) PTR before. What time does it usually open up?

It's in the patch notes, literally first line of the "Details" section.

We will be conducting the Patch 2.6.4 PTR over the course of one week, starting Wednesday, November 21. During the course of the PTR, there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

It's in the patch notes, literally first line of the "Details" section.

We will be conducting the Patch 2.6.4 PTR over the course of one week, starting Wednesday, November 21. During the course of the PTR, there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.

That only gives the date, not the time. I'm looking for something like 9AM Pacific…

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

soscannonballs posted:

Not sure how D3 calculates damage, but is there any set thats going to be better than LoN?
Almost all of them, certainly.

I get the appeal of LoN and not being bound by class sets and the talents/play they dictate. but I never thought it was competitive at the super high end to begin with. Then again I can't remember all the changes through the seasons since it was introduced, maybe it was for a while.

mewse
May 2, 2006

tetsuo posted:

I get the appeal of LoN and not being bound by class sets and the talents/play they dictate. but I never thought it was competitive at the super high end to begin with. Then again I can't remember all the changes through the seasons since it was introduced, maybe it was for a while.

Demon hunters top GR build for a while was an abomination of a lon build where they would deliberately tank their health pool to less than 20% for guaranteed crit from some item and then fan of knives the mobs. It was apparently completely miserable to play

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I feel like LoN was the only set that should've been buffed.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
LoN still has the problem that its defense doesn't scale to higher GRs as well as actual sets.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

tetsuo posted:

LoN was actually up until a couple seasons ago still the best set for WD.

A while back there was a LoN crusader build (thorns and bombardment) that was the best.

Other than that I think most LoN builds have been second class.

The problem with the set is there really aren’t that many good legendaries and they’re already setup such that it is in a slot that your set isn’t in (belt, sometimes shoulders, main/offhand) so you’re giving up your amazing set bonus to pick up 25% chance to cheat death shoulders

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tenacious J posted:

Seems like someone said “gently caress it, let’s blow the doors of set bonuses and see what happens” which I FULLY support. But could this be a sign of the sun setting on Diablo 3? Some shenanigans before diablo 4? They can’t be assuming that D3 playerbase (all 200 of them) will migrate to Immortal..?

I mean the game just came out on Switch and was the top selling EShop game above preorders for Pokemon and Super SMash Bros

About 8 of my friends have bought it on there and are getting really into it. Only 2 of them had it on PC

Everyone is REALLY into it at the moment

Fuzz posted:

Think I'm gonna make a Monk next season, because 9000% Ulianna's sounds loving hilarious.

Also with the Seasonal buff, doesn't that mean all the 2 set items you only need 1? Because... Holy poo poo.

The ring doesn't reduce the requirements below 2 I think so you can't get the 2 Set bonus on like 9 different sets

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Should have buffed Blackthorne's to 10000%.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tahirovic posted:

Should have buffed Blackthorne's to 10000%.

There was a time in vanilla where the pants and amulet pieces were good because they had life on hit (when that was a mandatory mod to have). I really would like it if they made the set second-tier rather than utter trash.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They should make a 6pc set bonus for Blackthorne's where you inherit all the powers of the last elite pack you killed and do a thousand million bazillion % damage with them.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

They should make a 6pc set bonus for Blackthorne's where you inherit all the powers of the last elite pack you killed and do a thousand million bazillion % damage with them.

The six-piece bonus should be the ability to shoot behind you without looking.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If we are talking wacky poo poo, then make Crain's set offensive so it can be used to farm paragon.

Also loving buff Shenlong so I can play an Innas generator build again.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
This is the LoN corpse god necro build I use:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/91190-lon-corpse-god-necromancer

It probably isn't nearly as optimal as the high level GR pushing builds, but detonating corpses this often and this fast is tons of fun. I feel tanky as hell too with all the damage reduction. Look forward to trying it out with the new buffs.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

exquisite tea posted:

Hello yes I am interested in acquiring a Headhunter

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

This is the LoN corpse god necro build I use:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/91190-lon-corpse-god-necromancer

It probably isn't nearly as optimal as the high level GR pushing builds, but detonating corpses this often and this fast is tons of fun. I feel tanky as hell too with all the damage reduction. Look forward to trying it out with the new buffs.

You literally could just whole haul move the spec to a 6p of trag or pest and it would be better in every way.

Or remove CE for bone armor and use inarius

This is also the old variant of corpse nec anyway before people decided to stack tons of cdr

Vomik fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 21, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok so I’m gonna do Necromancer again because I loving love Trag, and I want to see if I can hit 5 million HP in Hardcore.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Is the PTR active yet? I uninstalled my copy back when I was running out of hard drive space and now I can't remember how to get back in

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Search disabled, sorry if asked repeatedly. Do we have clans for US/EU Diablo goons who want to chill together? I play couple of hours each night would be fun pleveling and general slaying.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fayez Butts posted:

Is the PTR active yet? I uninstalled my copy back when I was running out of hard drive space and now I can't remember how to get back in

Of course not! Can't enable it early, can we? I doubt it'll be open before 5:00 PM Pacific at this point, which means the end of the day for me.

As for getting on the PTR:
How to Particpate

To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached your Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.

Step 1: Create a PTR account. To create a PTR account, log in to Blizzard Battle.net Account Management and double-click on your Diablo III game license; this will bring you to the game management page. On this page, click "Create a PTR account.

If you've participated in any previous Diablo III PTR, the "Create PTR account" button may not appear. This is because you've already created a PTR account and can therefore skip this step.

Step 2: Once you have created a PTR account, installed the Blizzard Battle.net desktop, and logged in with your Blizzard Battle.net credentials, select "Diablo III" from the main menu on the left-hand side of the application.

Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.

Step 4: You should now have the option to install and play the patch.

The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so I’m gonna do Necromancer again because I loving love Trag, and I want to see if I can hit 5 million HP in Hardcore.

What's your preferred build? I tried to do a couple Trag builds off of diablofans & icy-veins but just didn't find them fun.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Was it the 2.6 update where they buffed a bunch of sets already? I liked that, so I'll probably like when they do it more. The game is still fun, at least for a bit each season.

Why do people bot in this game anyway? To get on the leaderboards? To what end?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone on Reddit said they're going to use the buff to LON to see how much further they can push their Lightning Monk. That's... dedication to a gimmick, and I wish them the best of luck!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

myron cope posted:

I botted many seasons back for DBs.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

myron cope posted:

Was it the 2.6 update where they buffed a bunch of sets already? I liked that, so I'll probably like when they do it more. The game is still fun, at least for a bit each season.

You bot to get crafting mats and Grift keys so that when you want to sit down and actually play you can just run Grifts since they are a lot more fun than regular rifts.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah I used to bot too. I didn’t earn a single piece of gear that was usable but it saved me hours of farming crafting mats for rerolls. I would still do it if they didn’t ban people. Crafting mat farming is so dumb.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Ohh crafting mats. That makes a lot of sense actually. I can be dumb about games sometimes.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
If only they could do little but crazy changes to the game more frequently. drat. too bad it's not possible

Hope this keeps things mildly interesting next season, I still like Diablo 3 and I have no further faith in a Diablo 4

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195

:gas:

the tldr appears to be "they've ended up with devs that want to do mobile games now, soooo"

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Kheldarn posted:

That only gives the date, not the time. I'm looking for something like 9AM Pacific...

seems like the answer is never

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195

:gas:

the tldr appears to be "they've ended up with devs that want to do mobile games now, soooo"

God that's depressing. Wonder if Blizz will continue trying to deny they cancelled a second expansion

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Grimdawn is on sale for less than :10bux: right now. Anyone gently caress with it? Might be in the market for a replacement. (PoE is bad)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Swilo posted:

seems like the answer is never

D3 PTR Switch Flipper is missing... :ohdear:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kheldarn posted:

Outsourced to China

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Easy Diff posted:

Grimdawn is on sale for less than :10bux: right now. Anyone gently caress with it? Might be in the market for a replacement. (PoE is bad)

Grim Dawn is pretty cool, even if I didn't like it as much as Titan Quest.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Kheldarn posted:

I have numerous probably terrible ideas to try.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Easy Diff posted:

PoE has been getting better and better for some time, and the answer to your question heavily depends on why you thought it was bad.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Supposedly there actually is a possibility of one more d3 expac. Gonna treat it as a rumor for now, but I guess woo I'll look forward to it maybe? Been loving around with lazystorm again and boy howdy it's still fun.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I launched the... launcher, and it said UNINSTALL, then changed to PLAY being greyed out, and a download started.

I expect it'll go back to UNINSTALL after it's done. Somone on the D3 team is sending us a message... :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Welp my PTR is now downloading something 30.88 MBs remaining at 1.06 MB/s. So it should have been done by the time I wrote this post. Hmm now reclaiming disk space. And now it says Play.