Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

FatBagzJones posted:

Atsushi Onita explained the concept for the first FMW-E main event: two sides of the ring will have exploding barbed wire, there will be 2 barbed wire current blast bats and a barbed wire barricade mat mine blast (8 mines) will be installed on one side on the floor. In addition, a newly developed barbed wire current blast table will be used

Please tell me he had a diagram for all this. The more complex the stipulation, the more I want to see it drawn out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

too bad BJW has the scaffold match as their trademark because that ring setup def needs a scaffold to fall off onto the exploding table.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I have this image of M from the Connery Bond films showing Onita around his lab.

"Pay attention, Onita-san. An ordinary looking table, but if you check underneath you'll find a C4 charge, a car battery, and a bag of roofing nails"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

13 matches announced for Cyberfest so far, from four companies

https://twitter.com/_MarkPickering/status/1392561928271142919

It says something about Noah that the "grizzled veteran defends against young upstart" title match features a 41 year old young upstart.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Eh, both the NOAH and DDT title match have the same story of aging company stalwart trying to reclaim the belt from aged legend.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

True, true. (I'm still just mildly sore they didn't put the belt on Kiyomiya)

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Eh, both the NOAH and DDT title match have the same story of aging company stalwart trying to reclaim the belt from aged legend.

In NOAHs defense, what bigger matchup they could've done? I'm not too familiar with DDT and TJPW, but I assume that idea of this show is to put biggest matchups possible. Looking from that prospective who else could replace Marufuji?

FatBagzJones fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 13, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

FatBagzJones posted:

In NOAHs defense, what bigger matchup they could've done? I'm not too familiar with DDT and TJPW, but I assume that idea of this show is to put biggest matchups possible. Looking from that prospective who else could replace Marufuji?

Agreed that this is the very best match they could have got starting from here. And it's probably going to be great because Marafuji is great.

My issues more a longterm one of giving Mutoh the title at all at this point in his career.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Lamuella posted:

My issues more a longterm one of giving Mutoh the title at all at this point in his career.

I Absolutely agree. I always said that Shiozakis reign was amazing, and wrestler who would end it would benefit a lot (maybe even be elevated to another level). Keiji benefited almost nothing from that (besides making history ). since he's already had decorated career .
But then again, what's the biggest match up NOAH could've done for Budokan? Though I hate that Mutoh won, I still think that it was great match to make, since it attracted as much attention on product as possible.

FatBagzJones fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 13, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked Mutoh vs Kitamiya so I'm good with Mutoh holding the belt. Also he's really the only guy they've got available for the spot. I only like Kaito Kiyomiya when he's facing Kenoh. Kenoh almost died in the hospital so he's gonna need a few more months to get back into form. And Go's pretty physically banged up right now so let the poor guy have a summer to heal up. Marufuji or Nakajima are viable hands but Marufuji's a shell of his former self and I'm not really sure what Nakajima's up to. But he's plotting something.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nakajima really should have won back after the N1. And Kiyomiya definitely should've beaten Mutoh. Nak really seems like the only choice for beating Mutoh. Marufuji doesn't really seem to want to be in that role now, he's management

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't "get" Kiyomiya but I read Kenoh's columns where he runs the kid down every chance he gets so I may be biased.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
14 man tag match. Oof. Might as well just turn it into a battle royale at that point.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

WHERE
ARE
THE
FRENCH

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

WHERE
ARE
THE
FRENCH

They don't want the Noah and DDT belts ending up at TJPW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

sticklefifer posted:

14 man tag match. Oof. Might as well just turn it into a battle royale at that point.

Yeah I was real disappointed in that, I was hoping for something like Kenoh/Katsu Vs Eruption from what happened at the DDT show the other week

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah I was real disappointed in that, I was hoping for something like Kenoh/Katsu Vs Eruption from what happened at the DDT show the other week

Yeah, going from thinking about the 2 big guns in Kongo vs Eruption to Hi69 vs Yukio Naya is a bit of a bummer, but I get it, they want to get almost everyone on the card, but still. Yukio Naya's inclusion in anything is a good way to reduce my interest.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Two questions about the poster:

-When did Antonio Honda become 75 years old because drat
-Who is the guy next to him with all the rings on his tights

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ditch posted:

Two questions about the poster:

-When did Antonio Honda become 75 years old because drat
-Who is the guy next to him with all the rings on his tights

That'd be Yoshiaki Yatsu I think

forkboy84 posted:

Dragon Gate's annual King of Gate tournament was due to have started on the 7th at Korakuen (with further shows on the 8th & 9th), but couldn't happen with everything going down. Instead they'll be running a catch-up no-fans show this Friday on the Network.

14/5/2021, Friday

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/7am BST/2am EST/11pm PST

Dragon Gate King of Gate Night 1
Unconfirmed Venue
King of Gate Block B: Dragon Kid vs SB KENTo
King of Gate Block C: HYO vs Kaito Ishida
King of Gate Block B: Eita vs Jason Lee
King of Gate Block A: Ben-K vs Naruki Doi
King of Gate Block C: Keisuke Okuda vs U-T
King of Gate Block A: BxB Hulk vs Takashi Yoshida
King of Gate Block B: Kzy vs Susumu Yokosuka
King of Gate Block A: Diamante vs Kota Minoura
King of Gate Block C: Shun Skywalker vs YAMATO
Live on DG Network

Quoting myself to remind folks that King of Gate starts tomorrow in about 8 hours from when I'm posting this. Real fun looking card.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 13, 2021

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Friggin YATSU. Wild.

edit: He went to the Olympics twice before I was born, and I turn 40 this summer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

No commentary on that show, right?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pylons posted:

No commentary on that show, right?

Going by last year's Lapis Hall shows they did for KoG, probably not.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ditch posted:

Friggin YATSU. Wild.

edit: He went to the Olympics twice before I was born, and I turn 40 this summer.

Also, has one leg

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Since there's been not much wrestling to watch the last couple of days, i've been doing a deeper dive into the absolute insanity of NOAH's junior division over the last couple of years. Here's a couple of highlights I think you'll enjoy.

- Both Atsushi Kotoge (Kongoh, Stinger, Full Throttle, Momo no Seishun) and YO-HEY (RATELs, Stinger, RATELs (again), Full Throttle, Nosawa-gun) have been members of four different stables in the last two years. Seiki Yoshioka, Hajime Ohara and Kotaro Suzuki have been members of three each.
- The shortest membership came from the team of Kotaro Suzuki and Yuya Susumu, who were only allies for 16 days until Susumu betrayed Suzuki and joined Stinger, narrowly beating out Yoshioka in Sugiura-gun (22 days) and the first time HAYATA joined Stinger (23 days)
- The longest memberships came from Daisuke Harada and Tadasuke, who were members of RATELs for 39 months before Tadasuke betrayed Harada to join Kongoh
- Outside of two months between March and May 2020 when the group disbanded, Yoshinari Ogawa has been a member of Stinger since December 2018, and is the longest running one stable man. The next longest would be NOSAWA Rongai (member of Sugiura-gun since March 2019, though who knows if his current posse are members as well or if they're their own thing), followed by Nioh and Haoh (members of Kongoh since December 2019)
- HAYATA is the only guy to leave and then rejoin two different stables, he went from RATELs to Stinger, back to RATELs, then back to Stinger
- Unless i'm missing someone, Kotaro Suzuki is the only guy to both betray and be betrayed by the same guy (Ogawa as part of both incarnations of Stinger)

I love this crazy division so much, you never know what's going to happen next

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 14, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

15/5/2021, Saturday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/2am BST/9pm EST/6pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #116
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

11am JST/1pm AEDT/3am BST/10pm EST/7pm PST

New Japan Strong Collision
Oceanview Pavilion, Port Hueneme
AJZ vs Rocky Romero
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo & Hikuleo) vs Fred Rosser & Lio Rush
Elimination Tag: Brody King, Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks & TJP vs Chris Dickinson, Danny Limelight, JR Kratos & Tom Lawlor
Live on NJPW World

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Spring Tour '21 ~ The Bullet~
Itabashi Green Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe 18/5

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH ALL OUT ATTACK 2021
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kinya Okada vs Yasutaka Yano
Kongo (Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke) vs Kotaro Suzuki, NOSAWA Rongai & YO-HEY
Atsushi Kotoge & Junta Miyawaki vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu)
Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs M's Alliance (Masaaki Mochizuki & Masato Tanaka)
Funky Express (Akitoshi Saito, Masao Inoue, Muhammad Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi) vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya & Masa Kitamiya)
Sugiuragun (Kazunari Murakami & Kazushi Sakuraba) vs Sugiuragun (Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura)
Daisuke Harada, Hajime Ohara & Naomichi Marufuji vs HAYATA, Keiji Mutoh & Yoshinari Ogawa
Live & free on ABEMA

DDT Ultimate Tag League In Sendai
Sendai PIT, Sendai
Akito & Toi Kojima vs Hideki Okatani & Keigo Nakamura
Danshoku Dieno & Shunma Katsumata vs Kazuki Hirata & Saki Akai
HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura & Toru Owashi vs Yuki Iino, Yukio Naya & Yusuke Okada
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, MAO & Yuki Ueno) vs DAMNATION (Mad Paulie, Soma Takao & Tetsuya Endo)
Ultimate Tag League: DAMNATION (Daisuke sasaki & Yuji Hino) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi)
Ultimate Tag League: Antonio Honda & Chris Brookes vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi)
Live on Wrestle Universe

Stardom in Nagoya
Nagoya Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Future of Stardom Title Tournament Round 1: Lady C vs Unagi Sayaka
AZM vs Fukigen★ vs Momo Watanabe
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa & Tam Nakano) vs Queen's Quest (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi) vs Oedo Tai (Konami, Natsuko Tora & Ruaka)
Goddess of Stardom Title: Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Syuri)(c) vs STARS (Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

BASARA 156 TAKAGARI 3
Takashimadaira Ward Community Centre, Tokyo
Daichi Kazato vs Ryota Nakatsu
Akiyori Takizawa & SAGAT vs FUMA & Yusuke Kubo vs Banana Senga & Tsutomu Oosugi
Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi Vs Yasu Urano
Daiki Shimomura, Isami Kodaka & Takumi Tsukamoto vs Fuminori Abe, Masato Kamino & Takato Nakano
Hiroshi Rumble: Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi Vs X
Basara stuff will usually show up on NicoNico

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST

Dragon Gate King of Gate 2021 Night 2
Acros Fukuoka, Fukuoka
Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokosuka & U-T) vs RED (HYO, KAI & SB KENTo)
Ben-K, Punch Tominaga, Ryo Saito & Ultimo Dragon vs Gamma, Ho Ho Lun, Mondai Ryu & Naruki Doi
King of Gate A Block: Diamante vs Takashi Yoshida
Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee, Kota Minoura, La Estrella & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (BxB Hulk, Dia Inferno, Eita, Kaito Ishida & KAZMA SAKAMOTO)
King of Gate C Block: Keisuke Okuda vs YAMATO
King of Gate B Block: Dragon Kid vs Kzy
Live on DG Network

Also shows from Big Japan x 2AW, JWP, Ice Ribbon, 2AW, Wave & Colega

16/5/2021, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/2am BST/9pm EST/6pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #117
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

Big Japan Ikki Tousen DeathMatch Survivor
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kazumasa Yoshida & Kazuki Hashimoto vs Takaaki Sato & Takaki Suzuki
Kankuro Hoshino & Ryota Hama vs Kota Sekifuda & Tatsuhiko Yoshino
Daichi Hashimoto, Kazumi Kikuta, Takuya Nomura & Yuya Aoki vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Shigehiro Irie, Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuji Okabayashi
Abdullah Kobayashi, Takumi Tsukamoto & Yuko Miyamoto vs Hideyoshi Kamitani, Masaya Takahashi & Yuki Ishikawa
Ikki Tousen Death Match Survivor Block D: Akira Hyodo vs Isami Kodaka
Ikki Tousen Death Match Survivor Block C: Masashi Takeda vs Ryuji Ito
Airs on Samurai TV 23/5

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom in Nagoya
Nagoya Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Momo Watanabe vs Ruaka
Konami vs Lady C vs Saya Kamitani
Oedo Tai (Fukigen ★ & Natsuko Tora) vs STARS (Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid)
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Syuri) vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Utami Hayashishita)
Artist of Stardom Title: COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa, Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka)(c) vs Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EST/9pm PST

Dragon Gate King of Gate 2021 Night 3
Acros Fukuoka, Fukuoka
High-End (Ben-K, Keisuke Okuda & YAMATO) vs Gamma, Punch Tominaga & Takashi Yoshida
Ho Ho Lun & Ultimo Dragon vs Mondai Ryu & Ryo Saito
Masquerade (Dragon Dia & Jason Lee) vs RED (Dia Inferno & KAZMA SAKAMOTO)
King of Gate C Block: Kaito Ishida vs Shun Skywalker
Masato Yoshino & Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka & U-T) vs RED (BxB Hulk, Diamante, HYO, KAI & SB KENTo)
King of Gate B Block: Dragon Kid vs Eita
King of Gate A Block: Kota Minoura vs Naruki Doi
Live on DG Network

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, A-TEAM, Heat-Up, JTO, Freedoms, Actwres girlZ & Zero1

17/5/2021, Monday

Colega

18/5/2021, Tuesday

BASARA 157 Glitter
Shin-Kiba 1stRing, Tokyo
Heaven Summit Itadaki: Masato Kamino vs Minoru Tanaka
Heaven Summit Itadaki: Daiki Shimomura vs Ryota Nakatsu
Heaven Summit Itadaki: Daichi Kazato vs Yasu Urano
Heaven Summit Itadaki: Fuminori Abe vs Takuya Nomura
Heaven Summit Itadaki: Takumi Tsukamoto vs Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi
Heaven Summit Itadaki: SAGAT vs Takato Nakano
Heaven Summit Itadaki: Akiyori Takizawa vs FUMA
Heaven Summit Itadaki: Isami Kodaka vs Yusuke Kubo
NicoNico I'm assuming.

Also shows from Wave & Colega

19/5/2021, Wednesday

All Japan Pro Wrestling Yokohama EXTRA
Hodogaya Public Hall, Yokohama
Dark Match: Rising HAYATO vs Yoshitatsu
Francesco Akira vs Koji Iwamoto
Black Menso~re & Takao Omori vs TOTAL ECLIPSE (Hokuto Omori & TAJIRI)
Fuminori Abe, Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa vs NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi, Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
All Asia Tag Team Titles: Purple Haze (Izanagi & Zeus)(c) vs Evolution (Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato)
Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino & Suwama vs TOTAL ECLIPSE (Jake Lee, Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi)
Uploaded later to AJPW TV

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

Dragon Gate King of Gate Night 4
Chiba Port Arena, Chiba
King of Gate A Block: Ben-K vs Takashi Yoshida
King of Gate A Block: BxB Hulk vs Diamante
King of Gate B Block: Jason Lee vs SB KENTo
King of Gate C Block: U-T vs YAMATO
Don't think is is broadcast

Also shows from Marvelous, Colega & Ice Ribbon

20/5/2021, Thursday

Shows from Colega & Actwres girlZ

21/5/2021, Friday

Dragon Gate King of Gate Night 5
ii One Stadium, Sapporo
King of Gate A Block: Naruki Doi vs Takashi Yoshida
King of Gate B Block: Jason Lee vs Kzy
King of Gate C Block: Kaito Ishida vs U-T
Rest of the card TBA
Live on DG Network

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

All Japan 2021 Champions Night Shinkiba EXTRA
Shin-Kiba 1stRing, Tokyo
Izanagi vs Kuishinbo Kamen
Baliyan Akki, Francesco Akira & Yoshitatsu vs Black Menso~re, Koji Iwamoto & Takao Omori
NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Purple Haze (Shigehiro Irie & Zeus)
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO) vs Shuji Ishikawa & Yuko Miyamoto
Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino vs TOTAL ECLIPSE (Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi)
Evolution (Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Suwama) vs TOTAL ECLIPSE (Hokuto Omori, Jake Lee & TAJIRI)
Live on AJPW TV

Also Colega

I think of all the non-DG matches this week the one I'm most excited for is Abe vs Nomura in BASARA. I just love those dudes.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Curse you CyberFight having two shows runnning concurrently tomorrow. That Sugiura-gun mirror looks rad as hell but there's not way i'm missing that DDT show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Curse you CyberFight having two shows runnning concurrently tomorrow. That Sugiura-gun mirror looks rad as hell but there's not way i'm missing that DDT show

CyberFight genuinely do seem to love running NOAH & DDT against each other.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

CyberFight genuinely do seem to love running NOAH & DDT against each other.

At least they're running different parts of the country unlike when Bushiroad do it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the NOAH card is significant because this will be the first time Kenoh's wrestled since getting out of the hospital.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I don't think CyberFight care as much about concurrent Wrestle Universe viewers, so it's a win-win for them tbh

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Mitsuharu Misawa Memorial 2021 rescheduled to May 31st in Korakuen Hall

Source: https://www.noah.co.jp/news/2069/

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

At least they're running different parts of the country unlike when Bushiroad do it

That's something I didn't even think to check, I just saw that one was Abema and one was WU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Opening night of King of Gate was real drat fun.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
For new/lapsed DG fans, King of Gate is a decent entry point since it showcases the top guys and is a major annual event. You get a little taste of pretty much everyone relevant.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This could be fun. Or weird. Or both.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1393447667884122112

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DDT show already gold.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1393476580286943234?s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

When Saki's music started I thought we might be missing out on Tokyo Go, but Hirata delivers

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tokyo Go is always playing in our hearts

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

New enough to DDT that I haven't seen Big Orange Lad before the last few shows (I think he was injured out for a while) but he's pretty good fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

New enough to DDT that I haven't seen Big Orange Lad before the last few shows (I think he was injured out for a while) but he's pretty good fun.

Yeah, that's Nishimura, he's been out for about 6 months. He was Ueno's old tag partner, their match with Eruption in October last year was my MOTY. Also his legs are real powerful