Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Did they ever put out the 13th Age crossover PDF?

To backers, yes. It came out a while ago and is pretty cool. It's written by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan and includes the Yellow King as a slowly returning force. Characters can have icon dice with him, but run the risk of spreading the Carcosan infection. The other Icons can become fully corrupted over time this way.

It's a good read. I am not sure if it's otherwise available yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Serf posted:

Dortoka: City on the Sea of Glass just sent out the final proofs to backers and I really like it. 54 pages of mostly generators for their billion-year old abandoned city Dortoka. There are lots of nicely-formatted tables with sub-tables if you need them. There are also pretty neat NPC, job, faction name and title generators. One of the raddest things is their method for creating and drawing city streets and wards, and pointcrawl implementation for sandbox gaming.

I haven't actually gotten my copy of Vagabonds of the Dyfed, so I can't comment on the overall mechanics of the system, but the generators alone would be of great use for any OSR game, and still pretty good for any game with a need for generating big abandoned city areas.

This sounds pretty handy for a lot of games. Hopefully I remember it exists when it goes up for sale on Drivethru

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
2 days left on the Impulse Drive kickstarter, and were very close to unlocking more Wesome art fromClaudia Cangini!

I also had the opportunity to run Impulse Drive for some folks from the Gauntlet rpg community during GauntletCon and it was a lot of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y2C_SmGlRA

madadric posted:

Impulse Drive, my PBTA space opera RPG about misfits and spaceships is coming in to its last week for funding. It's unlocked two extra ship playbooks and codes for cards to use as play aids for backers at the $20 and higher levels, and is heading towards stretch goals for extra art in the book.

Please come check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1743149756/impulse-drive

You can download the game for free from Drivethru RPG to see if its your thing.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/190933/Impulse-Drive-Preview

Adam koebel, co-designer of Dungeon World had a first look at the game on his twitch channel that you can watch here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnB2EyGRGo4

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

:thunk:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I think we call that ‘a scam’.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The actual goal is $1. I didn't know that KS allowed you to pretty much do the indiegogo "flexible" funding goal.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's against the Kickstarter terms, even though it's physically possible. If you report the project someone from KS is meant to look at it, in theory. :v:

In other news, the Spire sourcebook KS announced a new set of stretch goals, including:

quote:

£45,000 - Adopt a goat. Goats are becoming a strangely important part of Spire. We’re going to adopt one and gift it to someone who needs a goat. (We’ll get you all to help us name it, if possible.) In addition, once everything’s done and dusted with the Kickstarter, the three of us are going to go to deepest darkest Kent and hang out with some other beautiful goats, take a bunch of pictures, and recuperate a bit.  

£55,000 - Goats of Spire wallchart. Have you seen a goat? Wondering precisely what kind of goat it is? Does it have too many eyes? Human-like hands? Is it picking a lock with its tongue? Can it not stop yelling? Identify and enjoy the myriad goats of Spire with this elegant and informative wallchart. Backers at the digital hardship level and above will receive the chart as a free PDF, and it’ll be available as a poster print as a physical add-on after the campaign has ended. 

£60,000 - The Magister's Guide. We’ll publish a series of articles, also downloadable as PDFs, that outline how to hack the existing rules in Spire into managing and running a revolution: expanded rules for safehouses and covers using the bonds system, ongoing campaigns with tiers of fallout representing the encroaching aelfir threat, and so on. 

I'm extremely excited for goats, but also, the Magister's Guide sounds like what the game really needs (a set of rules for effecting long-term, systemic changes to Spire society).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 23, 2018

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Wow, Invisible Sun is on kickstarter again? That's some Monte Cook brand ballsiness right there. I always kind of wondered how much of a game actually lay at the core of all that bloat.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Buck Wildman posted:

Wow, Invisible Sun is on kickstarter again? That's some Monte Cook brand ballsiness right there. I always kind of wondered how much of a game actually lay at the core of all that bloat.

wait, what

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun-return-to-the-actuality

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

"A reprint of the radical, ambitious, critically acclaimed tabletop roleplaying game, currently sold out and unavailable."

"Now, due to overwhelming demand, we are planning a reprint of this groundbreaking, but very hard-to-find, piece of RPG history."

Suck your own dick harder, man.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I like that the goofy card holder hand is still a thing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Just saw Nahual, some kind of PBTA-based game of Mesoamerican shapeshifter PCs hunting angels in the modern world.

Which is a cool premise and the art is killer, so maybe it'll be good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Monte Cooke has ventured deep into the realm of grift, yet finally he returns to share his forbidden knowledge.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Just saw Nahual, some kind of PBTA-based game of Mesoamerican shapeshifter PCs hunting angels in the modern world.

Came to post this, it looks dope as heck.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

It's a shame that Mark Diaz Truman is involved.

At least it doesn't blindly reuse Dungeon World's basic moves, though. :v:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

At least it's not directly a Magpie production.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Spectaculars, the newest game by Scratchpad Publishing, is up. It's a box set game like their last project, Dusk City Outlaws, but this one is superhero themed.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Apologies if this is old hat, but what's the problem with Mark Diaz Truman/magpie games? I was about to back Nahual, but figured I'd ask first.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Apologies if this is old hat, but what's the problem with Mark Diaz Truman/magpie games? I was about to back Nahual, but figured I'd ask first.
He defended Zak that one time, taking an “I’m not defending Zak but you’re all unreasonably angry and why don’t we all be civil and polite” stance (while throwing someone under the bus at the same time, if memory serves).
http://www.magpiegames.com/2016/07/26/two-minutes-hate/

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edit: What Foglet posted. Not only did the guy reach out to Truman but Truman also told him he had gone 'too far' with mean words.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mors Rattus posted:

I've been following that on G+, they've been iterating over their move set for quite some time.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Eugh, that's lame. Not sure I want to give him money now. Thanks for the quick explanations!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Mors Rattus posted:

"A reprint of the radical, ambitious, critically acclaimed tabletop roleplaying game, currently sold out and unavailable."

"Now, due to overwhelming demand, we are planning a reprint of this groundbreaking, but very hard-to-find, piece of RPG history."

Ah, the good old gimmick that's worked for years in the comic industry. "We sold out!" "But you printed to order, didn't you?" "Exactly!"

I still don't feel any reason to back Monte Cook's Monkees when Jenna Moran's Beatles still exists, mind.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If you missed the Alhambra Designer's Edition Mega Box campaign, Queen Games has brought it back for another 2 weeks of pledges. Specifically, this second campaign is funding 2-3 more expansion modules, but it also functions as a late-pledge for the original project.

There's a "I backed the last campaign, please give me the new stuff and free shipping" tier

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1082720051/new-expansions-for-the-alhambra-designers-edition

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
The stretch goal for Americana's Super Americana Magic Force Go was lowered, but it means the team is taking a pay cut. This is despite a hero with a charismatic pompadour and a skeleton with a letterman jacket.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I still don't feel any reason to back Monte Cook's Monkees when Jenna Moran's Beatles still exists, mind.

What's Jenna Moran working on these days?

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
The Kickstarter for Kamigakari: God Hunters just launched. It's an extremely anime game about people with supernatural powers fighting to stop monsters from destroying the world. Yours truly and Noelle Siddall are handling the translation, and a bunch of other folks are helping out with editing, layout, and so on.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

DNA Cowboys posted:

What's Jenna Moran working on these days?

More Chuubo's, as far as I'm aware.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ewen Cluney posted:

The Kickstarter for Kamigakari: God Hunters just launched. It's an extremely anime game about people with supernatural powers fighting to stop monsters from destroying the world. Yours truly and Noelle Siddall are handling the translation, and a bunch of other folks are helping out with editing, layout, and so on.

Noelle's a friend of mine, and yeah I know this'll turn out good. Back if you can!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ewen Cluney posted:

I'm super interested in what kind of tabletop RPGs are popular in Japan, so backed!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

More Chuubo's, as far as I'm aware.

I backed that and I think I own it as a result, but took a long break from RPGs starting shortly before it came out. I should check in on that seeing as I think I own it. Were there any followups or supplements for it?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

I backed that and I think I own it as a result, but took a long break from RPGs starting shortly before it came out. I should check in on that seeing as I think I own it. Were there any followups or supplements for it?

Not that weren't part of the Kickstarter, AFAIK. The last thing for that came out not too long back, I believe.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Geek and Sundry did a write up about the Americana campaign and I'm just kinda shook, it's the biggest publication I've ever been mentioned in. Pretty surreal!
https://geekandsundry.com/bring-a-fantasy-1950s-to-life-with-the-americana-rpg/

We also lowered the goal for Americana Magic Force Go to $9000, we figured $10,000 is kind of a long shot right now, and we had a big influx of people from the Tokusatsu community we don't want to disappoint. Had to tweak some minor stuff to make it work on that budget but it'll still be a pretty swanky PDF when it comes.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
I wish you the best of luck in going all the way because Americana: MIA sounds like one of the coolest to me. I do love me some alt history and the Cold War really had such crazy stuff going on. Like who knows what really could have been on the K-129...

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Ewen Cluney posted:

What's the system itself like? And is there anything vaguely like a quickstart or a twitch or youtube let's play session?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

darnon posted:

I wish you the best of luck in going all the way because Americana: MIA sounds like one of the coolest to me. I do love me some alt history and the Cold War really had such crazy stuff going on. Like who knows what really could have been on the K-129...

It might still come out sometime as something much smaller scale. I think it's a pretty natural extension of the murdered friend systems and I'm a big dork for spy stuff

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

neonchameleon posted:

What's the system itself like? And is there anything vaguely like a quickstart or a twitch or youtube let's play session?
The core resolution system uses a basic 2d6+stat thing, but you have a pool of "numen dice" representing your character's supernatural power, and you can swap numen dice in to help you with rolls, but you also spend them (with limitations on what values those dice are showing) on using your special powers. Noelle is the one translating all the mechanics (I'm doing the setting stuff), and she's doing a series of Kickstarter updates explaining the rules, starting with this one on character options.

We've been looking to get someone to do some kind of actual play of it, but it hasn't come together yet. (If anyone is interested feel free to get in touch!) In the meantime, you can track down the (rough) fan translation that Noelle did that set this whole thing off in the first place.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I stumbled upon a kickstarter for a game called Tidal Blades - Heroes of the Reef - Part 1

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/druidcitygames/tidal-blades-heroes-of-the-reef

It's a worker placement game where you pick 1 of 4 characters and try to collect dice of higher and higher powers in order to rise up the victory point tracker but there are also monster fights that everyone is encouraged to work together to fight against with those who participate getting a bonus and you get to customize your character to some degree as the game goes along and the game also has some asymmetrical gameplay I guess because I think each playable character has access to different abilities.

There are a bunch of other things going on but here is a vid showing off gameplay and it explains stuff though be warned because it is a long vid and I don't expect you to watch all of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNUSeND9y7E

I really dig the art though.

I can't say I recognize the devs though. Anyone here familiar with them?

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/druidcitygames/created

They've had other successful kickstarted games, dunno if any of them were good or if they delivered on them. The games in question are Barnyard Roundup, The Grimm Forest, Guardian's Call, and Sorcerer City

Also, what the gently caress Tom

That doesn't even mean anything!!! lmao

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't say I recognize the devs though. Anyone here familiar with them?

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/druidcitygames/created

They've had other successful kickstarted games, dunno if any of them were good or if they delivered on them. The games in question are Barnyard Roundup, The Grimm Forest, Guardian's Call, and Sorcerer City

It's being made by the people who did March of the Ants

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

As I mentioned a bit upthread, March of the Ants is a contender for one of my favorite 4x games, so they have at least one great game under their belt, which is more than many other KS's. They're also pretty safe as far as delivering product is concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Ewen Cluney posted:

Am I being an idiot or is there no pdf-only option?