Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I've not experienced too much animosity on the discord. But I usually play at early AM hours with eurogoons who seem pretty easy going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Brownie posted:

The discord is good although occasionally people will just start telling you how bad your stats are. It's not just one person, it's a handful from what I've seen. But that's fine, I personally don't really care being told my stats are bad (they are). Most goons are cool enough that I don't get annoyed even after several rounds.

However, there are a few players who will literally talk over others while they announce enemy positions to ask for scopes or ammo or if anyone's found a kar98. That's not cool! Looting a downed enemy instead of reviving is not cool. Looting downed enemies that you didn't kill and taking all the good poo poo while your teammates revive each other is also not cool. It's not cool to say stuff like "Bad guys right there in front of me" when no one has any idea who "me" is or what direction you're facing. These players can have high K/D or hundreds of hours in the game. They suck a lot more than goons being a bit uppity about who they play with.

Most goons are cool and good and were very nice to me when I first started playing.

shots close south eaHAS ANYONE GOT A BARREL FOR AN AR?

Warbird posted:

It would be nice to have a LFG channel or the like in the Discord.

there is

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

underage at the vape shop posted:

shots close south eaHAS ANYONE GOT A BARREL FOR AN AR?

*still looting houses with 10 people remaining*

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Some helpful advice for new squad players:

When you see enemies say "Contact! Direction (eg 345) by the wizard tower, first floor." Don't shoot until other people in your squad have seen them, if they're 500 meters away and you've got an AK, don't even bother shooting.

Positioning: don't be in the open ever. Don't stop to loot in the open. If you're in the open, always move towards some cover, rocks or the widest trees or even little ridges. If you killed a guy and there are still enemies around, don't leave cover to loot him. Don't do loot handoffs in the open ever, do that poo poo inside of a building if you have to.

Speaking of positioning, once your team is in a good position, don't peek. Use 3rd person so you're invisible. If you guys are in a house ready to ambush some dudes, don't move and make a ton of noise. Don't peek windows, etc. Footsteps can be heard 40 feet out, which is like 2 houses over.

When your squad is getting ready to drive somewhere, don't be the last one to a vehicle. People joke about loot goblining, but don't be a loot goblin. Get what you need rifle, minimal optics, some ammo, health stuffs and you're good to go. Don't tunnel vision on how the next house might have an AR suppressor.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Willfrey posted:

I've not experienced too much animosity on the discord. But I usually play at early AM hours with eurogoons who seem pretty easy going

Early morning (US) hours are the best imo

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

succ posted:

i joined a discord channel and two goons were fighting eachother dropping n-bombs and other poo poo regarding a previous game

other than that, i'm happy to play with anyone, but sometimes people talk too much, but that's allright!

Let me know next time that happens, please.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Also goon discord is v not homophobic and generally not racist at all, which is v refreshing.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Everyone I've played with on discord has been pretty drat cool tbh. I've played with high kdr people and low and no one's been a dick. I hope people don't take the stats too seriously because I've experienced guys in squad games with great stats go get the whole squad killed by doing something dumb and won chicken dinners with those with fairly shite stats. There does seem to be some players that only play with certain others but I don't see that as a problem, everyone is going to have their buddies they want to hang with, as long as no one's being a dick to those who aren't as good as them because their kdr is 0.20 higher but I've only seen that once or twice. The only stats I care about are my own because I know I'm getting better and it's nice to see my kdr go up slightly daily.

Tldr: the discord has a bunch of cool people to play with and only 5% are assholes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I just finished 5th place in solo and I had 0 kills. Take that, thread.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
We have a bunch of really good PUBG players btw and if you do want to play in any of the ~serious business~ squads just ask when they're looking for 1 more and say you're willing to learn and I doubt anyone is going to not let you in. Like legit you'll learn a lot from a few games of seeing how serious people play if you're kinda new to this genre.

Also if you go from low tier mmr to high tier, you are going to get murdered a fuckton if you're out of position (i.e. not near cover p much 24/7 or constantly sticking your head out for no reason).

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My KDR sucks and I'm okay with it. My enemies all die outside the playzone and/or boredom.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Got kitted out with everything I could possibly need to survive the final circles within 20 seconds by dropping alone on that one smallish compound south of the northeast mountain ruins no one ever goes to. Figured I was good to just sit, wedged myself into a crevasse overlooking the river to the south in the exact center of the circle figured I'd be good for ages.

Red zone gets plopped down right on my head, I'm miles from the nearest cover, figured there's no way in hell a bomb is going to come down in this specific crack in a rocky cliff. I was very wrong. My first ever death to a red zone.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
First day two dinners! First ended in a boat battle and I got killed by a friendly. Second was waiting a guy out with medkits and boosts during the final blue circle

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So it turns out that nobody actually checks unmoving cars for people inside. The middle back seat of a covered truck is loving perfect for this.

I managed to murder a few people who just paid no heed to the conveniently parked trucks alongside roads they're running past.

I actually killed a guy who jumped in and started driving too. That was the best. :allears:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Herstory Begins Now posted:

When you see enemies say "Contact! Direction (eg 345) by the wizard tower, first floor." Don't shoot until other people in your squad have seen them, if they're 500 meters away and you've got an AK, don't even bother shooting.

Positioning: don't be in the open ever. Don't stop to loot in the open. If you're in the open, always move towards some cover, rocks or the widest trees or even little ridges. If you killed a guy and there are still enemies around, don't leave cover to loot him. Don't do loot handoffs in the open ever, do that poo poo inside of a building if you have to.

Speaking of positioning, once your team is in a good position, don't peek. Use 3rd person so you're invisible. If you guys are in a house ready to ambush some dudes, don't move and make a ton of noise. Don't peek windows, etc. Footsteps can be heard 40 feet out, which is like 2 houses over.

A friend of mine that I play with sometimes is horrible about this. Was doing a 3 man with him and someone else and we got into a fight in Severny. We took one out and I realize that this guy is SPRINTING out in the middle of the street towards the other team. He of course got wiped.

When I tried to explain squads requires more conservative positioning than solos (he plays primarily solo) he got real pissy.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If you really don't like my Discord, feel free to join the PUBG Community one. It's certainly bigger, just check out the channel names and see if that looks like a fit for you.

https://discord.gg/ZZxvgMf

Or, you know, the reddit one: discord.gg/pubgreddit

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't see the problem with people wanting to play with others if comparable skill. I personally just join whatever squad and don't care about it but it doesn't bother me either way.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I just won a duo game with a random :feelsgood:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
my hot take is to not join the public ones as they are mostly garbage players and tryhards who want 2k rating before you can join the group, though i did have some good time with some drunk brits who kept dropping pochinki a while back

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

succ posted:

i joined a discord channel and two goons were fighting eachother dropping n-bombs and other poo poo regarding a previous game

other than that, i'm happy to play with anyone, but sometimes people talk too much, but that's allright!

idk who would be doing that

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

post their names and shame them

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

K8.0 posted:

The discord is very good. The problem is people who are whiny cunts about wanting to play with people that don't want to play with them. There are like a thousand people who use it, it's not loving hard to find people who actually like you unless you're a completely miserable piece of poo poo.

Most of this thread is drama and trolling because, again, the discord is actually good and that's where people get their real questions answered.

discord is GARBAGE

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

i was the 4th man for a team of korean players and they were very nice to me and when i died they talked about me in the past tense in english and it made me quite sad

CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013
Made it to final 3 in a game tonight solo. Swung around the side of the other 2 in a fight and was trying to get a good angle on whoever was left standing from behind my tree. I saw the guy in the right go down and so started peaking around left. Turns out the guy I thought died was laying down to heal or reload and won that fight and so I was blindsided and came second with 5 kills.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticHumbleStrawberryCurseLit
https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingTastyHornetBrokeBack

professional dad slicker dr disrespect got temp banned from pubg and started a mini twitter feud with playerunknown.

https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/887233806935117824

what a way to remind us that team killing is against the rules of conduct

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
lol at that whole thing

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
I like that they're willing to ban anyone for breaking the rules no matter how big their following is. However, the clip of what actually happened is really funny.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

The amount of fans of DrDisrespect who are salty on twitter is amazing, making such bold claims as that the Doc is responsible for the popularity of the game.

Of course they could be playing a character much like Doc is and playing it up for absurdist value, but I think there might be quite a few people out there who are perhaps too emotionally invested in their favourite twitch streamer.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Seems pretty staged to me.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Can you nerds just create an thread in the Imp Zone where you can discuss steamers so we can keep this thread free of that silly poo poo?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lady Galaga posted:

my hot take is to not join the public ones as they are mostly garbage players and tryhards who want 2k rating before you can join the group, though i did have some good time with some drunk brits who kept dropping pochinki a while back

Let's get stinky.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

The last 5 games I played I got ZERO healing items aside from 2 redgulls one game. I was hitting unlooted towns left and right but I've never come close to getting that kind of RNG with meds across the board. Finally on the 6th game a biker jumped off too quick killing himself and giving me 6 medkits, 5 dranks and 3 painkillers.

btw DrDisrespect deserves any negative thing that happens in his life just fyi (inside and outside video games)

edit:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

When you see enemies say "Contact! Direction (eg 345) by the wizard tower, first floor."

My friend is who surprisingly pretty good is convinced that the numbers are different for everyone and he won't call out numbers. This is a 32 year old man with college degree who manages dozens of people irl. Let that sink in.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 18, 2017

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

96 spacejam posted:

btw DrDisrespect deserves any negative thing that happens in his life just fyi (inside and outside video games)

Where did the bad man touch you?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Team killing is a bannable action the creator chooses to leave enabled. Sound like a dumb move why not change the friendly fire off if friendly fire is so triggering in the kill people game.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

willroc7 posted:

Where did the bad man touch you?

his half baked persona get me so mad

tbh i hope they just ban him for a few days. it's already sent a powerful message to the community. if i was cool twitch streamer they'd see my dozen accidental nades kill teammates so i can't complain i guess.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jumping twice in a row is now banable as is going prone in grass.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

DrPlump posted:

Team killing is a bannable action the creator chooses to leave enabled. Sound like a dumb move why not change the friendly fire off if friendly fire is so triggering in the kill people game.

"realism"

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do not fire the SCAR-L in full auto or you will be banned. -playerunknown

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

DrPlump posted:

Do not fire the SCAR-L in full auto or you will be banned. -playerunknown

you're going to ban me for role playing Rambo i think not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In real life the police wild be ok with you murdering 96 people but will intervene and arrest you if you kill the other 3.

• Locked thread