Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Trastion posted:

That should be perfect for everyone in the Android thread...

He's saying that the Google play store description mentions iOS10. As in this may be a poo poo port from iOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Tablet only... as a competitor to Hearthstone. They've already lost a huge market share.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
So I'm going to spend the good part of three days travelling. Tell me you're favourite all time offline games, any genre, keep me unbored.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Gavinvin posted:

So I'm going to spend the good part of three days travelling. Tell me you're favourite all time offline games, any genre, keep me unbored.

The Quest
Dungeons of Chaos
Cook Serve Delicious

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Gavinvin posted:

Dungeon Warfare
Sky Force Reloaded (I think it works offline?)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

incogneato posted:

Dungeon Warfare
Sky Force Reloaded (I think it works offline?)

Definitely Dungeon Warfare. I also REALLY enjoyed 80 Days, Egg Inc (if you're into clickers), Neo Turf Masters, Mini Metro, Shattered Pixel Dungeon, Sproggiwood, and Pacman256

Just FYI, once Caves of Qud is released on Android, I think that's gonna be my only answer for this question.

Edit: :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 7, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
gently caress i forgot to install neo turf masters on my new phone. What am I DOING?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gavinvin posted:

King of Dragon Pass

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

gently caress i forgot to install neo turf masters on my new phone. What am I DOING?

Not being a good phone owner.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

King of Dragon Pass

Why would you inform me that this exists? I wanted to get some poo poo done at work today.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

There's a loving Neo Turf Masters phone port??????

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

There's a loving Neo Turf Masters phone port??????

Oh yes, my friend.

Oh yes.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Artelier posted:

try Inequality? Phone posting but the logo is like math symbols larger than and smaller than together.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SoftCactusStudio.Inequality

This is pretty cool, actually, makes my brain hurt.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Afterpulse is a new to Android, match-based third person shooter from Gamevil that has some fairly impressive graphics, though the current list of supported devices is apparently quite limited though.

I've played about an hour and I think its quite fun if a little simple. No controller support however, though I found the touch controls to be less crap here than in similar games.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 8, 2017

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

dang, those are some nice graphics. hopefully my phone will get added eventually :D

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Is there a goon guild for the new transformers game?

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
Anyone remember the game that was vaguely pokemon like but based in a dungeon and you caught dungeon monsters? I remember someone posted it a while back but forgot to add it to my wishlist.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Gavinvin posted:

Anyone remember the game that was vaguely pokemon like but based in a dungeon and you caught dungeon monsters? I remember someone posted it a while back but forgot to add it to my wishlist.

Siralim? And Siralim 2? It's also on steam

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

This new Transformers Forged to Fight is... *pulls the Optimus mask off* Old Man Marvel Contest of Champions?!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

For those who once played Fantasy War Tactics and fell off the wagon, we have a date for season 2, with all of its sweet lookin enhancements: 4/20

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I am curgently being slowly consumed by Grow Castle. Is there a goon guild I can join for this game?

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

B33rChiller posted:

I am curgently being slowly consumed by Grow Castle. Is there a goon guild I can join for this game?

I play it off and on. Hope there's already a guild or someone makes one and tells us about it. I'm too lazy and don't think I have the in-game currency to create one myself.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

For those who once played Fantasy War Tactics and fell off the wagon, we have a date for season 2, with all of its sweet lookin enhancements: 4/20

Selfquoting on this because there's an update this morning: Starting today, the leadup to season 2 is a giant giveaway, starting today, among other things, they're giving away a free full set capsule at every level, so if you're gonna come back, do it now.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Knightmare posted:

I've been playing this all week, thanks!

It has an energy system but it's energy per each character, so once you hit a good roster size it doesn't seem like much of a problem. Making decent progress this whole time although it always seems like I'm starved for gold.

That seems to be my problem with the game (Into the Badlands: Blade Battle), and since they hide the weekly stuff behind gold too it's either level dudes up or attempt to get more dudes. It's pretty fun though.

Do we have an alliance for it?

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

I just got my first smart phone!

It's a really terrible tracfone (ZTE Valet) and it will barely run any games I've tried.

Any suggestions of games that have low requirements? I've only gotten a solitaire game to run well

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Umm.. Hoplite maybe? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magmafortress.hoplite&hl=en

That's a tough one.. what version of Android is it running?

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Have you tried Hungry Cat Picross or Merchant? I'm not sure about their hardware reqs but maybe games that have few animations might perform better

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Umm.. Hoplite maybe? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magmafortress.hoplite&hl=en

That's a tough one.. what version of Android is it running?

I will give Hoplite a try. I do like strategy games

Android 4.1.1

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
What the hell? Even the lovely 30 dollar burner ZTE I got when my S6 died had 6.0.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Shortys or Shortyz Crosswords. Excellent crossword app, new puzzles downloaded every day.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just looking through my app list for games that I think are either old or need low specs (and are at least decent).

250+ solitaire - duh
Anodyne - only played this for like an hour but I've heard great things about it. It's also on PC
Bean's Quest - really polished platformer. Also has a sequel that feels like it's more resource intensive
Beyond Ynth - surprisingly deep puzzle game, given the very simple ruleset
Border Siege - risk-like with loads of maps and I want to say decent AI
Condado - same as the board game San Juan
Little Healer - game that's meant to simulate the healer job in MMORPG instances. You have various healing spells and try to keep people topped up while they fight the (not shown) boss
Odd Bot Out - quirky puzzle platformer. Hard to describe
Patchwork - like the board game
Pixel Dungeon - roguelike. Many people say the variant Shattered Pixel Dungeon is more fun (and there are also other variants)
Pocket RPG - it looks fancy with 3D graphics, but it's also been released a really long time ago so there's a chance it might run
Pocket Soccer - really fun game if you're bored with a friend like at a bus stop or something
PUK - a bit hard to describe, fast skill based game.
Pure Chromatic Bloom - probably the best bullet hell experience you can get on a touch screen
Puzzle Retreat - it's... a puzzle game. You're given a bunch of boxes you can slide and you need to fill the board. Gets really tricky (and it's better than I'm making it sound)
Puzzles (use this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.boyle.chris.sgtpuzzles&hl=en ) - a few dozen types of puzzles that you might find in newspapers
Space Trader - port of a Palm Pilot (lol) game where you fly around systems buying and selling things and fighting pirates, with some events sprinkled on top
Twofold inc. - one of those games like 2048. Turn based puzzler where you go for a high score until you die. Not my type of game but it might be yours
Westport Independent - by the maker of Papers Please. You're a newspaper editor in a dictatorship. You manage which articles to write, how to write them (not very deeply) and which writers you use.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
An enhanced port of classic RPG Planescape: Torment is out for Android.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

An enhanced port of classic RPG Planescape: Torment is out for Android.

I never got to play this back in the day. I'm wondering if it's worth it to get in on mobile over pc. Thoughts?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Millennial Sexlord posted:

I never got to play this back in the day. I'm wondering if it's worth it to get in on mobile over pc. Thoughts?

It's also available on Steam, if you want it on PC.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

It's also available on Steam, if you want it on PC.

That's why I asked for thoughts about pc vs mobile.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Do you want to play it on the go? Android
Don't care if you're playing it at home or on the go? PC

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Sorry for asking, jesus.

WontGetFooledAgain
Nov 5, 2012
If its anything like the other Infinity Engine ports you might be able to install mods on the android version. I was able to install over 30 large mods on BG2 and I haven't had issues. Keep an eye on the beamdog modding forums. Some of the mods i've used did not need editing to work with EEs despite their age.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

WontGetFooledAgain posted:

If its anything like the other Infinity Engine ports you might be able to install mods on the android version. I was able to install over 30 large mods on BG2 and I haven't had issues. Keep an eye on the beamdog modding forums. Some of the mods i've used did not need editing to work with EEs despite their age.

How do touch controls do on IE games? I'm not on a tablet, using a Galaxy s7 edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WontGetFooledAgain
Nov 5, 2012

Millennial Sexlord posted:

How do touch controls do on IE games? I'm not on a tablet, using a Galaxy s7 edge.

I've been playing them on my s7 and haven't had too many problems. If you don't have a problems typing on your phones keyboard you should be fine. I honestly cant imagine playing this on the PC when i can get the exact same experience on my phone (mods included).