Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Sounds like he's trapped at the bottom of a well or something.

That is some piss-awful audio there.

Try this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99ieAJygho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Blackchamber posted:

Wait... Is this electro shock therapy being done by the actual quacks that are military doctors? This isn't outsourced at all?

My case is in Denmark, part of the part of the public and universal healthcare system.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I really want to know what sort of "trainees" they are. AFROTC or something?

fake edit: *drained*

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Does anyone else have the deep hope that the entire flight got put on MREs for the remainder of course?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Dick Burglar posted:

I really want to know what sort of "trainees" they are. AFROTC or something?

fake edit: *drained*

gotta absorb the greese from my pizza with paper towels or i'll have a sperg attack

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

is there more

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Food servants" and careful accenting of entreè screams service academy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

All of GiP now: "Back in my day..."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

It's from a friend's facebook. he wrote, "A letter intercepted by a co-workers son while in Air Force basic training. He got it before it hit the Drill Sergeants. You do this to yourself."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got a look at one of the notes our dorm chief when she had me clean her office. I knew he was a dumbfuck but I expected better than writing at a 2nd grade level, and mispelling 1/6 of the words.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
She didn't even drain it. She didn't drain my vegetables.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Do you want to get smoked?

This is how you get smoked, Boot.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Zeris posted:

It's from a friend's facebook. he wrote, "A letter intercepted by a co-workers son while in Air Force basic training. He got it before it hit the Drill Sergeants. You do this to yourself."

How can we expect change if we can't tell the Drill Sergeants how we feel about the way vegetables are served? It demoralizes the entire flight.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You have five minutes to find a 5 gallon water can, fill it, and meet me out back. Move.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm fighting the urge to respond to that letter by yelling at clouds. I think this is how you turn into an old.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

chemosh6969 posted:

How can we expect change if we can't tell the Drill Sergeants how we feel about the way vegetables are served? It demoralizes the entire flight.

I asked my buddy about the pic, here's what he said:

quote:

____'s son joined the Air Force. Some kid was getting signatures when ____'s son took it and wouldn't let him turn it in.

Enlisted, against all of our advice. Has a master's degree and enlisted

So I guess not all degree-holding enlistees are as dumb as made out to be.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Send him to OCS already. Why the gently caress would he enlist with a master's degree? :psyduck:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Wibla posted:

Send him to OCS already. Why the gently caress would he enlist with a master's degree? :psyduck:

Maybe it's from University of Phoenix

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Wibla posted:

Why the gently caress would he enlist with a master's degree? :psyduck:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wibla posted:

Why the gently caress would he enlist? :psyduck:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Isn't the military one of the few places that would consider a master's from University of Phoenix worth more than toilet paper?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

not caring here posted:

Isn't the military one of the few places that would consider a master's from University of Phoenix worth more than toilet paper?
Could have been something ridiculous enough that they wouldn't give him a commission.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Modern and Interpretive Dance.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
maybe he wanted to BE OUT IN THE poo poo NOT SOME PENCIL PUSHER OFFICER or whatever people say

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just lol if your reason for enlisting was anything other than having your life fall apart and saying "gently caress it, I'll join the loving military"

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Wibla posted:

Seems to me that he wants to live the life as an enlisted, so he knows what things to fix when he commissions himself. In this case, future airmen may not have to deal with undrained vegetables at basic anymore.

I would have let him turn the paper in because anyone that stupid needs to learn a lesson. Otherwise they're just going to do it later on.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, make sure that it can't be tied to you in any way, and let them have enough rope to get strung up by their nutsacks.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Here's a fun one I learned at formation this morning...

Sailor X recently had all his issued field gear stolen from his truck. That's like a couple grand of stuff that he is going to get paychecked for. We repeatedly get told store your poo poo at home or your room, because this happens. Tough lesson for him to learn, right? Thankfully he will have plenty of time to reflect on it because dude at dark thirty on a Monday morning blew a .18 after his axle broke and he hit a parked car in base housing while driving back from someone's house to the barracks.

It's a five minute walk.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Thankfully he will have plenty of time to reflect on it because dude at dark thirty on a Monday morning blew a .18 after his axle broke and he hit a parked car in base housing while driving back from someone's house to the barracks.

YOU get a safety stand-down! And YOU get a safety stand-down! EVERYONE gets a safety stand-down!

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Professor Bling posted:

just lol if your reason for enlisting was anything other than having your life fall apart and saying "gently caress it, I'll join the loving military"

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
what if i have a degree (in sociology, lol) and my life is falling apart

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
enlist as infantry!!!!!!!!!!

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Dick Burglar posted:

I had a guy with a masters in anthropology.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

enlist as infant rheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

marine open contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Professor Bling posted:

Dick Burglar posted:

Nowhere in there did I say "while Not having a degree" :colbert: