Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I saw a bit of Dutton giving a speech recently, but was distracted by flashbacks of the aliens from "Fire In The Sky" movie

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hey, remember when Dutton tried to become Liberal Leader, and even had a puff piece article where he said "now I get to smile more", then realized he didn't count right, and thus lost both spill attempts in a week?

That was funny.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Clive Palmer has covid-19, pneumonia and has just purchased Hitler's Mercedes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The above post is not a joke.

He really does have covid-19, pneumonia and Hitler's car.

Seriously.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The above post is not a joke.

He really does have covid-19, pneumonia and Hitler's car.

Seriously.

Also, a long standing 400m Athletics track record in his native state of not Queensland or WA.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
is there a curse associated with hitlers car?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
titanic replica

jurassic park, but real

Hitlerland

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SuddenCactus posted:

is there a curse associated with hitlers car?

yes, the ones I shout at the dickheads who drive mercedes benzes and porsches

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Clive Hitler-Mercedes

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

If you liked my articles, but thought they didn't have enough detail on the Australian component and/or weren't quite long enough, then boy do I have good news for you:

The 100% Totally Organic Convoy to Canberra that Just Happened out of Nowhere Organically

This guy is good people who really drills down and lays it all out. He's got a 6 part series on the roots of the whole cooker scene too.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Bucky Fullminster posted:

If you liked my articles, but thought they didn't have enough detail on the Australian component and/or weren't quite long enough, then boy do I have good news for you:

The 100% Totally Organic Convoy to Canberra that Just Happened out of Nowhere Organically

This guy is good people who really drills down and lays it all out. He's got a 6 part series on the roots of the whole cooker scene too.

No one liked your articles

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
It stopped loading for me after the first load of screenshots about Guru, so you can read into that what you want (android, Chrome browser)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Clive Hitler-Mercedes

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

all the wetlands are dry and duck numbers are at a record low but they're still doing a duck shooting season!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

This is disinformation

sick of Applebees posted:

It stopped loading for me after the first load of screenshots about Guru, so you can read into that what you want (android, Chrome browser)

Yeah, I don't think it's as image heavy as mine are, but even I'll admit that 87 minutes is starting to take the piss. Took my browser a couple goes as well but got there after a minute.

Anyway for anyone interested in the roots of the networks behind this movement then it's really Very Good stuff.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Bucky Fullminster posted:

This is 'information'

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Animal Friend posted:

yes, the ones I shout at the dickheads who drive mercedes benzes and porsches

*Reaches into ashtray labelled ECONOMIC STIMULUS, takes another 50c coin out, hurls at parked lambo while driving past*

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

sick of Applebees posted:

after the first load of screenshots about Guru

Rest in peace :(

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hearing from trusted sources the floods are fake news caused by palaszczuk personally blowing up a darn to sate the evil in her heart

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

hearing from trusted sources the floods are fake news caused by palaszczuk personally blowing up a darn to sate the evil in her heart

Nah mate. Floods are caused by gay and trans kids. That's why we have to weed them and their filthy supportive teacher allies from schools.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Thinking about it, if after all the bullshit Clives been giving McGowan over the WA border, it would be a power move to ceremoniously drive into the state in Hitlers car come March 3

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
AU-schluss

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Animal Friend posted:

Thinking about it, if after all the bullshit Clives been giving McGowan over the WA border, it would be a power move to ceremoniously drive into the state in Hitlers car come March 3

No it wouldn't ya dingus. Presenting the car to McGowan with "I believe this is yours..." would be an expensive, stupid power move that doesn't really make sense so it's perfect for Clive.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

cars for grinding up and snorting, not for driving

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I don't think this was what Lenin was getting at.

https://twitter.com/sallyrugg/status/1498422985514168321

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/cameronwilson/status/1498196422558363655?s=20&t=GIUlzfXHOJDrWNhH5AIbYQ

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's beyond parody how compromised all our politicians are by the coal industry.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Not gonna lie, that lasagna is a loving disaster

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Endman posted:

Not gonna lie, that lasagna is a loving disaster

How can you not comprehend that pasta sheets shouldn't be the top layer?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did he make that lasagna out of coal?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

wait until you see his carbonara

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

anthony ALBANEEEEESE wants to force you to abandon your family home and leave your doomed property behind to move to a less underwater area and he's only promising you 300% of what it used to be worth to do it! my government will keep you in your home by ordering the ndis and the clean energy finance corporation to fund in perpetuity sand dredging, land reclamation and the development of a school of watermanc- *doesnt have time to speech before winning election in historic landslide*

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The statement by this former PM oval office makes no sense. (Although I could be the idiot in misunderstanding him.)

"We shouldn't stop producing coal, coz our coal exports are through the roof. We are exporting coal to China, (boo! bad and foreign), which is bad. Government shouldn't close coal power plants. The private sector is the one closing power plants which proves the thing Lenin said right. I hate Lenin because he is both foreign and a communist."

Get hosed Tony Abbott. Stupid motherfucker lasted less than a single term and made Prince Phillip a knight. Boo to him in eternity.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

BrigadierSensible posted:

The statement by this former PM oval office makes no sense. (Although I could be the idiot in misunderstanding him.)

"We shouldn't stop producing coal, coz our coal exports are through the roof. We are exporting coal to China, (boo! bad and foreign), which is bad. Government shouldn't close coal power plants. The private sector is the one closing power plants which proves the thing Lenin said right. I hate Lenin because he is both foreign and a communist."

Get hosed Tony Abbott. Stupid motherfucker lasted less than a single term and made Prince Phillip a knight. Boo to him in eternity.

Coal is good.
China is bad.
Our private coal miners/power producers are selling the coal to china (bad), but shutting down our coal (also bad).
China will beat us because of this.
Brain fart throws out a Lenin quote about how private capitalists will sell all our power to our enemies.

Tony can't see anything for all the coal dust in his wallet

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

We need to make up with Putin so that he stops directing his weather generating satellites against us.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Racing Victoria says it has given up trying to get into schools to promote the sport to kids, with chief executive Giles Thompson pointing to “wokeism” among parents as the reason why schools reject racing.

In announcing record half-yearly turnover figures from July 1 – December 30, 2021 on Tuesday, Thompson said he was confident racing had engaged the “20-somethings and 30-somethings” who were filling racetracks and punting on the sport.

Racing Victoria chief executive Giles Thompson.
Racing Victoria chief executive Giles Thompson.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
But he admitted the industry had little luck trying to get into schools to promote all things good about racing, saying 95 per cent of schools had knocked back Racing Victoria initiatives, such as free educational incursions in schools, visits from horses or jockeys and excursions to racetracks.

“It only takes one parent to object to the headmaster or headmistress that you’re encouraging kids to gamble, and that will shut it down,” he said.

“When we could deliver [education programs], it was wildly successful. But you couldn’t get into the schools. Ninety-five per cent of schools would say, ‘we’re not interested,’ and you’d say, ‘why not?’ and they’d say, ‘the parents won’t put up with it’.

“It’s ‘wokeism’ if you like, of, it only takes one parent to kibosh it when 50 parents might be pro it.”

But Thompson said racing’s challenge when it came to engaging children wasn’t just gambling-related.

“If you think about what puts a school off racing, it’s the gambling, it’s the breakdowns of horses – horses breaking down in the Melbourne Cup is tragic for us in that environment – and it’s how we’re perceived,” he said.

“That’s a real challenge, and it certainly can’t be fixed overnight.
“I’ve been royally criticised over recent years over the whip debate. And it’s a great example of how, on the one hand, racing wants to engage with a younger generation and a younger demographic, and it’s about perception of the sport, when it’s that demographic – the 12-year-old – who doesn’t understand why a horse has to be whipped in a race, who doesn’t understand that the whip is padded and doesn’t hurt. It’s the perception of it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
loving lol.

Nah, let's get the whole TAB shebang into schools as well, why not.

"Okay children, today we're going to be learning about Tattslotto"

EDIT:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
In today's greyhound racing class, we'll be tying up the extra puppies in a bag with a brick and heading down the local creek. Stop crying Timmy.