Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man, them discussing the cantina band members had me cracking up.

e: Great. Now I'm going to have the Hollywood Facts songs stuck in my head all day.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I love that Paul still knew the words despite never being on any of the previous Andy Samberg appearances AFAIK.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

moot the hopple posted:

I love that Paul still knew the words despite never being on any of the previous Andy Samberg appearances AFAIK.
paul is probably only slightly less of a cbb fanboy than me, a guy who posts lists about what episodes people should listen to on internet forums

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I'm slightly upset that PFT didn't do Santa Claus. It was a good show, but I saw the guests I got happy.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Waffleopolis posted:

I'm slightly upset that PFT didn't do Santa Claus. It was a good show, but I saw the guests I got happy.

At least we still got him to laugh in the background whenever Ho Ho spoke.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Tavarin posted:

At least we still got him to laugh in the background whenever anyone spoke.

This might be my favorite CBB ever. Everybody was firing on all cylinders. I love when THE TIMEKEEPER freaks out over any passing mention to increments of time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm hoping for an episode someday where John Lennon meets Mall McCartney

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I also loved the Star Wars diversion where they all poo poo on the dumb changes.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Jim the Nickel posted:

This might be my favorite CBB ever. Everybody was firing on all cylinders. I love when THE TIMEKEEPER freaks out over any passing mention to increments of time.

Neil Campbell is still GOAT, goddamn.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The yogi joke is the best thing I've heard all year

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jon Gabrus is so embarrassed when he has to plug one of his TV shows.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Dang, Scott has hit the award show big time: https://twitter.com/chrisrock/status/676804736431947776

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Teenage Fansub posted:

Jon Gabrus is so embarrassed when he has to plug one of his TV shows.

To be fair they all sound insane

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

cams posted:

paul is probably only slightly less of a cbb fanboy than me, a guy who posts lists about what episodes people should listen to on internet forums

Paul seems to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every podcast he appears on.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Paul seems to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every podcast he appears on.

The world's saddest superpower.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Eel hovercraft posted:

Neil Campbell is still GOAT, goddamn.

I loving lost it at "Terminator: Genisys"!

Good episode all around. I still found myself skipping past John Lennon though.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Wow, Scott's comedy has gotten so idiosyncratic it's weird to picture him writing jokes that fit Chris Rock's voice.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I can't wait for "Musical; Theatre" with ALW and Gino

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beeez posted:

Wow, Scott's comedy has gotten so idiosyncratic it's weird to picture him writing jokes that fit Chris Rock's voice.

So, we can expect Chris Rock to make a lot of "I've heard of [X,] but [Painfully bad/lazy pun based on X]?!" jokes during the Oscars?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Chris Rock: New Pixar movie... apple owns these guys huh? Iphone, Ipad... I don't know any more! Never touch a black man's radio! I don't even understand the words that are coming out of your mouth.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

So, we can expect Chris Rock to make a lot of "I've heard of [X,] but [Painfully bad/lazy pun based on X]?!" jokes during the Oscars?

Oh god. Oh no. I can see Rock just not getting the antihumor at all and just tanking that with sincerity.

e: Scott and Benny Schwaz for 2017 hosts

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Chris Rock: New Pixar movie... apple owns these guys huh? Iphone, Ipad... I don't know any more! Never touch a black man's radio! I don't even understand the words that are coming out of your mouth.

Lol

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Chris Rock: "Are you crying? Why are you crying? Devil worship Suicide SHUT THE gently caress UP DURING THE OSCAR THEME SONG"

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Hey speaking of Benny Schwaz apparently he and Bill Hader voiced BB-8 in the new Star Wars.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/wait-a-minute-who-played-the-voice-of-bb-8-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens

I hope Paul F. was at least asked to read for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JvyCWLnoKg

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

anotherone posted:

Hey speaking of Benny Schwaz apparently he and Bill Hader voiced BB-8 in the new Star Wars.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/wait-a-minute-who-played-the-voice-of-bb-8-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens

Ben Schwartz is friendly with JJ Abrams, probably met on Undercovers, so it's not surprising he's getting a "role" in the new star wars.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

anotherone posted:

Do you think he got to talk to Harrison Ford on set and ask him "What's up, man?"

(I'd link to the video but IFC has pulled it from YouTube)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

There was a welcome surprise in my iTunes this morning:

http://earwolf.com/episode/the-holiday-womptacular/

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Cantina Theme literally less than a minute into the first best-of ep.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Pros: Comedy Bang Bang coming DOWN UNDAH!!!!!
Cons: CBB Movie too early in the countdown

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bad opinion time - cantina theme singing bad

ben schwartz/scott singing together bad

podcast singing bad

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Help Im Alive posted:

podcast singing bad

I agree

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I agree that it's a bad opinion

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
adjusted bad opinion: like a lot of things in CBB it was hilarious the first time. meh the second time, and by the fourth or fifth time they're just caving into dumb fans who want 25 episodes of Time Bobby

Farts & Procreation excluded because that was barely a format to begin with

see: that one time they tried something other than Suicide House and the forums went berserk and now it's Suicide House until the end of time

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

see: that one time they tried something other than Suicide House and the forums went berserk and now it's Suicide House until the end of time

I think the problem is not enough ghost boy raps

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

adjusted bad opinion: like a lot of things in CBB it was hilarious the first time. meh the second time, and by the fourth or fifth time they're just caving into dumb fans who want 25 episodes of Time Bobby

Yeah I guess that's a more reasonable way to put it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Zsinjeh posted:

If they didn't spend half of the episodes recapping and rehashing and pointing out continuity mistakes, the Time Bobby type stuff wouldn't be so bad.

But yeah, I generally agree. The Cantina song has worn on me, because you can almost hear Scott looking for a way to work it in. The singing in the Solo Bolos wears for a similar reason. Hell, even the Farts & Pros felt like people just going though the motions again.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

podcast singing bad

Pretty much. but hey as long as Scotts having fun

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHnL16hrpEw

5th best CBB song after Monster gently caress

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

podcast singing bad

The Stop Podcasting Yourself bonus episode was goddamn amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this spoils something about the countdown so i guess don't read if you care about that like some weird nerd

scott said that none of the other episodes with bands make the countdown, so that means no claudia o'doherty :( she deserved it