Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Dootman posted:

I guess what this boils down to is that I cannot defend this game any longer in any way.
:agreed:

I still gently caress around with it more out of inertia, but Delta Rising basically killed this game as badly as Voyager killed the franchise. Every decision Cryptic's made in the past seven or eight months has been horrible, incompetent, or player hostile, and there's no sign of it changing anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

tacofangs posted:

We will be making every event ship you’ve ever earned and every event ship moving forward total account unlocks. As soon as one character on your account owns a ship, every single other character on your account that exists now or you will ever create will have immediate access to any event ship you’ve earned. There will be no need for your alts to play the event mission, no hoops to fly through other than picking up the ship from a store. Hopefully taking this extra step will address any lingering concerns you have with the overall change. Thanks for reading this far, and I look forward to seeing you on Risa soon!

Huh.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I love how he effectively blamed anyone who pre-farmed pearls one year for next years ship for causing event participation metrics to go down:

STO dev posted:

We initially assumed people were using the Lobi bypass option to speed their way through the events, but after digging deeper into the numbers that wasn’t the case either

lol @ "We assumed people were spending something like actual money on these things".

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Edit: ^ Even more laffo, why would they automatically think that people were spending money on that poo poo? Yet more evidence that they have no idea what goes on in the thing that they have dedicated their professional lives to.

tacofangs posted:

We will be making every event ship you’ve ever earned and every event ship moving forward total account unlocks. As soon as one character on your account owns a ship, every single other character on your account that exists now or you will ever create will have immediate access to any event ship you’ve earned. There will be no need for your alts to play the event mission, no hoops to fly through other than picking up the ship from a store. Hopefully taking this extra step will address any lingering concerns you have with the overall change. Thanks for reading this far, and I look forward to seeing you on Risa soon!

Okay Tacofangs, but what will I be able to actually do with that ship?

Dootman fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 15, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Well, that's nice at least. There's still some issues with how event/lockbox/etc ships are handled, but that solves a lot of it.

Still get a whiff of passive aggression from that though. :allears:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah it also that any new players they actually managed to pick up are now screwed in terms of actually getting the older ships forever.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
The Romulan Pilot ship was lifted streight from Concept art for the Scimitar

Edit:

Oh it says that right in the blog.

Still it wasn't an original design.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah it also that any new players they actually managed to pick up are now screwed in terms of actually getting the older ships forever.

True. It does have the advantage of giving new characters access to older ships though. I've missed a lot of these events but my main'll get instant access to both Risian ships and the freebie Obelisk carrier. New characters like my Deltalt in turn get access to ships like the Samsar.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tuskin38 posted:

Edit:

That looks much better than the actual Scimitar.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Dootman posted:

a universe populated only by yourself, not unlike this episode.

Star Trek Online: Literally worse than a Beverly episode

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Mondian posted:

It is worse than that. People hope for episode reruns.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

That looks much better than the actual Scimitar.
Seriously. The scimitar is hideous.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Mondian posted:

Star Trek Online: Worse than sex with a space ghost.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

Edit:

I'm much happier with them lifting unused screen designs than with them creating their own.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

I like some of their modifications of existing designs. Like the Sao Paulo variant for the Defiant, or the Armitage

Though I am also quite fond of the Avenger.

I think their Romulan designs have been top notch so far.

But their Klingon and Fed ships could be better.

MikeJF posted:

I'm much happier with them lifting unused screen designs than with them creating their own.

Parts of the Regent class were taken from Sovereign Class Concept art done for First Contact.

Hell I wonder how many of their ships were taken from John Eaves sketches for the shows/movies.

He was also conceptual artist on Star Trek Online back when Perpetual was working on it.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 15, 2015

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Tuskin38 posted:

I think their Romulan designs have been top notch so far.

Counter point: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/dd/66/dd66c619eb0b9635efc404ed1ffb0e951427912157.png

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Both of the D'Deridex updates have been abominations.

The early romulan stuff, the Ha'poo poo, was terrible but they've gotten a lot better since they figured out that the ships need a proper beak.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Presenting the one thing Cryptic will never be able to nerf: Autistic Butthurt!

I'll keep you informed of any replies.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Both of the D'Deridex updates have been abominations.
You'd think it'd be hard to gently caress up. You have an oval, you have nacelles on the side, you have the sleek beak in front, this is nacelle-and-saucer simple design-wise. But nope, they give the d'dridthau a downward swept hull and a fat derpy beak, then the T6 abomination has all that and the nacelles are below the hull. The only time Cryptic got the layout right (or even tried to at all) was with the romulan Dyson ships, which coincidentally are one of the best looking Cryptic romulan designs.

:psyduck:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

"Catryn" Janeway better be a cat.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I've never come across anyone in STO with a 'katherine janeway' name that wasnt a broken person somehow.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
I didn't even notice the horrible pubbie name :suicide:

Seriously, stop playing this game. Get out while your sanity is still intact.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

Presenting the one thing Cryptic will never be able to nerf: Autistic Butthurt!

I'll keep you informed of any replies.

What did Catryn Janeway do, praytell?

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Based on the tone of that "rargh look what other people are doing!11" email, I would suspect that he broke the only rule that NoP PS has: don't sell poo poo.

OnePt57x2
Sep 13, 2014
I still need a channel invite when someone gets a chance, thanks. Handle is @wobblethegreat

OnePt57x2 fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 15, 2015

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Your only posts have been in this thread, you aren't getting an invite.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's pretty much a leaderless ship taking on water buddy.

^ Also that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

First Lobi Space Gear sale in like two years, btw.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, snagged the tachyokinetic for the deltalt. I was originally saving up the lobi I'd gotten during the lobi events for that T6 battlecruiser, then they were all, 'Hey guess what the T6 ships cost way more lol', and I wasn't gonna hand over money for lockboxes just to get that ship for one character.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The rapid fire missile launcher is pretty dysfunctionally broken, right? I like 180 degree missiles but

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

The rapid fire missile launcher is pretty dysfunctionally broken, right? I like 180 degree missiles but

It's always looked cool as hell but totally useless IIRC.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

It's always looked cool as hell but totally useless IIRC.
Yeah. I haven't tried it in a while, but if I remember it got broken so it's just a photon torpedo of the same mark with the wrong info since :cryptic: and I can't imagine that being a high priority fix. Even when it works fine though, the gimmick works against it. Since it fires really fast (basically the torpedo global cooldown), but due to this it doesn't work with torpedo cooldown doffs, and since the damage per shot is so low and TS/HYT are based off the per-shot damage they also do piddlingly low damage. Which is a drat shame since it is fun to watch a torp spread go off.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah the torp skills look great with it, drat shame its useless.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Talk to rail about wobble, he's been in moppops a long time, i think rail will vouch for him

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

Talk to rail about wobble, he's been in moppops a long time, i think rail will vouch for him

He's cool. Talk to me in game about it since it looks like his former...friends are loony enough to stalk the SA thread.

Oh, and hi terrible Storyteller roleplay nerds!

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Al is Teasing the new mission for some odd reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzvqpWuOeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRCriW5zrvc

The VA for the second Klingon voiced a character in Flash. Hence the (mispelled) title

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 15, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Title material:

Shiy Sh'Dsoul@Inquitar winces over sensitized from the bite and tuch of her blue clit. "to much..." She complanes buy reflex but is quickly yealding

eta:

Shiy Sh'Dsoul@Inquitar lets her legs open. The moist ovi slits eager to the tuch. She leans her head down on Kevals shoulder. "This feels magical."

Keval Tha'Endilev@quilweave1 leans into shiy his antennite feeling shiys untill they embrace hers his left hand moves low on her stomach slideing down untill her inches her pearl inbetween two fingers

Shiy Sh'Dsoul@Inquitar trimbles as all three sets of antani tuch wiggling like love snakes. Her wet pearl bucks with a shutter as its tuched. "Not there yet Th'se"

Tahria Zh'Endin@cookieulv reaches out and claws Kevals leg, eagerly, craving, mind numb by Shiy's sharp aroma in her fertile period (Yes. ill brb)

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 16, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what it is with STO (or the Star Trek franchise) that attracts ERPists who do that poo poo so blatantly.

Like, I played Tera Online and that game has an entire player race which is literally just lolicon pedobait and I never once came across that kind of poo poo in game.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Star Trek Online Season 10: Complanes buy reflex but is quickly yealding

does have a good ring to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

I don't know what it is with STO (or the Star Trek franchise) that attracts ERPists who do that poo poo so blatantly.

Like, I played Tera Online and that game has an entire player race which is literally just lolicon pedobait and I never once came across that kind of poo poo in game.

Those things legit scared me and gave me nightmares. :(

• Locked thread